Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I just estimated my fertile days based on the length of my cycles. I didn't even know CM, OPKs, O-2, etc even existed. Innocence lost, heh.

2. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Espion: that's kind of how I'm handling this cycle because my monitor is do unhelpful but I know my body has changed post partim so I'm having a hard time trusting it. Have your cycles been pretty close to what they were?

3. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I had to induce my cycles with OCPs, because I hadn't had anything close to AF 9 months postpartum. I think it was the domperidone that threw me off, because it increases prolactin. I stopped it at 7 months, and still hadn't had anything for 2 months, hence the OCPs. The two cycles I have had since have been 28 days nearly on the spot, so I'm hoping I'm actually O'ing.

4. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@simplyfelicity: your plan sounds fine, I would add CD12 since before O is always better than after O, but is there a reason you don't want to use OPKs? It will give you added reassurance of your O day so that you are not guessing. Even if you are very regular there is a chance that O might not happen exactly when you think it will. I know you want to do things naturally but when you are TTC it's very hard to be laid back about it (which is true of all of us) so I think it will make you feel better after the fact if you knew that you definitely timed BD correctly, you know?

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Espion: pardon my ignorance. What are OCPs?

6. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Sorry, oral contraceptives. Regular birth control.

7. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

January/February Mamas
    Anya MrsHansen82 KeepCalmCarrie MrsTiger

May-Bee Mamas!
    4 ValentineMommy, marzipan, HeartAbandoned
    6 Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam, MaryM
    9 HellonHeels
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    25 lilyofthewest
    26 simplyfelicity, Tidybee
    30 Mrs. Coral, MrsB2012
    31 Aria, As Time Goes By

Rollover to future BFPs:
    angelachase

8. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Espion: aha! Gotcha! I thought maybe hit I'm so used to people saying BCPs. It sounds like we both are waiting for our bodies to regulate. Me post nursing (we have one short session in the evening that ill give up in a couple months but first I wanna see what my body does after a month or two of this). I wish I could afford to be monitored this month so I could find out if I am ovulating. I really should be temping but my brain is so bad at remembering to now that I have a toddler to wake me up. Do you temp?

9. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: it's been a good month so far!

10. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I don't because I heard how important it is to be consistent and there is no way I can do that in the mornings.

11. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Another day, another negative. The frustrating part is they all look like they are close to it, but then I don't get one the next time. Here are mine from the last 3 days. I really don't think I missed my surge, but who knows at this point.

Top is 5/2 bottom is 5/4

12. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Radish: you are so so close! I would say either your body is gearing up but not getting there, you missed the surge OR maybe you just aren't having a strong ovulation? How many times a day are you testing?

13. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I tested twice on 5/2, but it was the same as the morning so I only tested once the next day because I didn't want to waste OPKs (and my first cycle I got two days of positive OPKs). I had ovulation spotting on 5/2... I'm wondering if that could have affected the surge length? When they dry up they all look the same so I'm having trouble telling if there was a real difference between the days.

ETA: I'm pretty sure I just haven't ovulated yet. So annoyed since today is CD 19.

14. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Radish: well none of them look positive to me but the bottom one even the control line is really light so its always possible the dye in the tests is a bit wonky. Sucks but in my case I'm just gonna wait for AF because at this point my monitor is making me more frustrated than anything else. If I'm not ovulating this month I supposed I will find out eventually. So over ttc!!!!!

15. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Since none of them were even questionably positive (in person it is more obvious they were negative) is why I don't think I've actually missed my surge. I have 38 day cycles from time to time, so I don't think it would be that unusual for me to ovulate late, it is just a bummer.

16. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Radish: that blows waiting but it's nice that you should ovulate. Always better to ovulate than not. I know you and your husband were marathon ttcers for a while! Are you on that se game plan or are you trying to take it more easy this time? I've read that every 3 days can work covering your bases when you really have no idea about ovulation but don't want to keep eod or ed all month. We may o that route from here. Wishing you lots of luck! I've seen many a bfp at the end of a long cycle.

17. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Haha, well it is starting to become a marathon again. We have hit 5 of the last 7 days and plan to do every night until I know I have ovulated. I really wanted to copy the days we hit for DDs BFP, but that only works if I know when I'm ovulating/having a normal cycle. I say late ovulation isn't unusual, but I never used OPKs/temp so I can't confirm I ovulated those 38 day cycles, I guess.

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@pmrlady: Thanks for the insights! I was considering another day after in case I ovulate later but I might before because its better to bd before O. I just want to have my bases covered.

We did OPKS last cycle and I found them helpful but very stressful. I ended up O-ing pretty much exactly the day that FF said anyway. I am usually very regular. Due to our early miscarriage last month, we want to do things a bit more chill as last month was emotionally draining. If we don't get PG this month, then we might revisit OPKs but I think with the large BD window we have, I can't imagine not hitting O if it is meant to happen.

I totally understand wanting reassurance, but that's usually not how these things work for me, they just make me more obsessive.

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Thanks, Hon!

20. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsTiger: wow congrats!!!!

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Radish: The darkest is the middle to me. I say if they get even lighter in the next couple days, then you already got your surge. I like OPKS but they can be soooooo frustrating sometimes!

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I am thinking the same thing for next cycle. BD EOD from cd 8 to cd 22 or something.

23. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

So now I'm pretty sure AF is here--it sure looks like a full-on period with cramps to boot--but feeling kinda nervy about what that means about my cycle? That would make this a 26 day cycle, which has never happened before. It would also mean this month's LP was only 8 days long (but I don't think it's supposed to change!). WTF body?

24. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@angelachase: sorry about AF do you usually O this late? You mentioned traveling, and that can definitely throw off your charting. If it was a short LP, I hope it was a one time fluke

25. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Anya: I am nearly positive I Od on CD18 this month. I haven't charted too religiously until now because we weren't TTC and my cycles were always 29-31 days long, I always get EWCM, etc, so I figured my body was being pretty regular. I only traveled yesterday so it wouldn't have interfered with my O date. In scrolling through my past (inconsistent) charts it looks like I usually O between CD 15-19.

26. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@angelachase: sorry to hear about AF. I cant think of a reason why your luteal phase would suddenly be so short this month

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: I'm sorry.

28. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@simplyfelicity: That is what I'm thinking. I guess time will tell.

@angelachase:

29. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@NerdBee: @simplyfelicity: @Radish: thanks ladies. It's okay, I'm not upset or anything--it's only our first cycle trying after all.
    Just a little worried about what this surprise very early period might mean (ie, I thought my fertility was a-okay....does this mean otherwise?)

30. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@angelachase: sorry about AF - I noticed that my luteal phase was pretty short (between 9-10 days) once my cycle returned after LO#1, so I started taking B6 last month which supposedly helps lengthen it. Just something you might try for the next cycle if you're worried - it can't hurt! Now I can use the B6 for my morning sickness too, so apparently it's good for anything

31. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@angelachase: sorry it wasn't your month. Maybe you'll get another chance in may?

32. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

I think I may be out this month. I had some light brown spotting this morning (11 dpo) and I dont think its implantation bleeding as i had the same thing last month starting on 10 dpo with AF showing up three days later. So bizarre as it never happened before last month! I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see!

33. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Annette: sorry honey! I hope it ends up a bfp this time.

34. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Thanks for the tip! I'll do that next cycle.

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Well, AF is due tomorrow. I've had several bfn's up until 11dpo then I stopped testing. I'm assuming I'm out. We shall see what tomorrow brings I suppose, but I'm not super hopeful

36. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@ValentineMommy: 11 DPO is still early. FX for you tomorrow!

37. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Well, BFN on a wondfo this morning. I will probably test again on Tuesday, then not again till next Monday. If it's negative on Monday and no AF, I'll call the doctor and likely do another round of progesterone to kick start a period, then try Clomid 50mg again. My blood work from last week confirmed ovulation, so that's good! Not feeling like this is my cycle, but I'm not out till I'm out.

38. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@HeartAbandoned: FX for you too!!

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@HeartAbandoned: fx!!!!

@keepcalmcarrie: thank you!! I'm starting to get cramps, so I'm not hopeful. do you think I should test tomorrow am if AF isn't here, just in case?

40. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'd say wait and see how you feel tomorrow first thing - I know I probably would test tomorrow

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee