Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@marzipan: sounds like you still have a good chance, girl!!

2. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

January/February Mamas
    Anya MrsHansen82 KeepCalmCarrie

May-Bee Mamas!
    2 ValentineMommy, marzipan
    4 HeartAbandoned
    6 Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam, MaryM
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    25 lilyofthewest
    26 simplyfelicity, Tidybee
    30 Mrs. Coral, MrsB2012
    31 Aria, As Time Goes By

3. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@mfa_lady: Your words give me hope! Thanks!

4. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@marzipan:

5. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: yay! Congrats! what a nice looking line

I am on CD1. Only an 8 day luteal phase, so hoping for a longer one this month. I also O'd on CD 23 this month which is a week or so later than what I used to, so hopefully this month I can get back on cycle. I'm just happy that I had a regular cycle for my first month having one PP. Good luck to everyone! I'll be back in a week or two

6. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsB2012: sorry you are out. Are you going to poas again at the end of May you think?

7. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Anya: it's ok I'm just happy I didn't have like a 60 day cycle for my first one. I should be able to POAS on May 30th. The cycle I got my BPF with my DD I had CD1 on the 2nd of the month and got my BPF on the 29th, here's hoping to a repeat of that

8. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

Hmmm, I still don't have a positive OPK. And DH is feeling crummy.

At least California is nice. And hot!

9. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Espion: I'm right there with you. I expected a positive OPK today, but it was still not as dark as the control line this morning. I'm going to try again this evening and if it is not positive then, it has to be tomorrow or I will go insane.

10. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Feeling really down over here today. Every cycle I get this little glimmer of hope around o time but mostly my body is just acting like its all cracked out. I'm so tired of ttc already!

11. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Espion: @Radish: feelin you ladies right now! Damn you O! Lets do this!

12. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsMccarthy: TTC blows.

13. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Congrats!

I used my first opk yesterday! I think I've already got my hopes up for this cycle too much. Hopefully I can report a positive opk soon!

14. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Radish: I'm hoping I get a positive tomorrow. I'm wearing lacy undies tonight just in case, though!

15. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

So I think I just had what I assume is ovulation spotting. I have only ever noticed it once before years ago, so it isn't common for me. Hoping it is a good sign.

ETA: we haven't BD for almost 48 hours, so I don't think it is from irritation or anything.

16. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I'm a few days late with this but just reading through the thread now : ) So I just did cycle monitoring with blood tests and ultrasounds so I know for sure when I ovulated. I had CM two days before the LH surge so it's totally possible (according to what my doctors told me) that you could get the two things at different times. I did the BD when they told me to (day 1 & 2 of LH spike) but next month I will also do it when I see CM just to stop the nagging in my head, lol.

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@travelgirl1: thank you! We dtd tonight just in case. I sometimes wish i had the energy to go every day or every other day for a full cycle after AF but I usually don't. I may have to try a cycle like that in a month or two if we still aren't KU.

18. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Gah that would DRAIN me now that I have one. I just don't have the energy sometimes! Dh swears we dtd almost every day when we were trying for dd... I know I was out of town a few days that month but I honestly can't remember. Sadly I hope it doesn't come to that now. Maybe tmi but since dh is on nights we can only see each other alone in the mornings before dd is awake and at nap time but that's dh's middle of the night. (Well on his work days at least.)

19. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Congrats!!!

I had a big temp drop today at 8 DPO so I think I am out. I guess it always could be an implantation dip, but I don't really think do. We'll see what tomorrow's temp is.

20. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@angelachase: is your temp drop above or below the cover line? If above then you are still ok if below then probably not. Is 8 days the norm for your luteal phase? When I used to temp I would get AF within about 12 hours of my temp drop.

21. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@NerdBee: Oh, I didn't know that! I am still a total novice at charting. My temp dropped from holding steady at 98.2 to 97.7, but that's still above the cover line. I'm not expecting AF until the middle of next week and my cycles are pretty predictable.

22. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@angelachase: ooh! In that case, you're definitely still in the running. Could be implantation dip! Fx!

23. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@googly-eyes: girl that is not tmi compared some other things LOL!!

add me to the camp of, "too exhausted" - once LO is in bed, I just wanna relax and sleep! haha! seems to be the same for DH. he opted for a movie last night over sex. womp womp.

due to O today according to my tracker app (not charting, temping, OPKing this cycle ) so we will see!

I'm finding myself pretty laid back...for now. it's only month 1, but I waffle between excitement for #2 and cold feet, so for now I'm happy with either result - a or !

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@marzipan: Best of luck!

25. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Thanks, hon! This is so tough! I am really trying to focus on all the good things I have in my life and not get so sucked into TTC, ya know? I know I will get pregnant and I can either torture myself over it or have a ttc plan and still enjoy life. Heck, I have only been married since November!
    Anyway, wishing you the best!

26. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@simplyfelicity: Thanks!

I'm still waiting. I think I've got my dates wrong. I was using my original "on-the-Mirena" cycle dates, which had been shorter than normal, but I guess I should use a more standard 28-day cycle (like I was pre-Mirena)? If so, I guess my POAS day is tomorrow? I'm just going to wait a few days after it though -- I've gone through too many tests already. Plus, if my POAS is later, my O day was later than I thought, so we probably missed it. Gah! So confusing. Even if it's not my month, I'll be glad to have a better idea of things next cycle!

ladies!

27. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Ugh, I'm so confused. My opk today was no darker than the two I took yesterday and I'm still having some spotting mixed with EWCM that started last night. Guess we are just going to cover all bases this cycle.

28. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@googly-eyes: i hear you! last night we were both SOOOO lazy. We got it done but we were not at all in the mood and i think we mostly just did it to cover our bases even though the plan was not to if we were not in the mood.

Still just a high on my monitor. I think it's just screwy from a month off. I am going on other factors and just gonna extend the window.

@Radish: I feel ya! no peak on my monitor and no OPKs so we are both ladies in waiting. Ugh. SNORE! just wanna be in the TWW already!

29. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@MrsMccarthy: We did so many months of EOD or every day and no luck. The two times I got pregnant, we dtd maybe twice during O time.

30. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Tidybee: @MrsMccarthy: Same. The last couple of months we DTD sooooo much, and this month, we only hit O-1 and O. I know those are really good days, but still. It was only 2!

31. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsMccarthy: hopefully tomorrow brings us some peak/positives. May the 4th be with us.

32. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Tidybee: @mfa_lady: yeah we only did once on O day with my son. I feel like its so hard for me to pinpoint my ovulation lately though. Maybe i need to try again to temp so i feel more confident.

@Radish: hahah yeah! i hope so!

33. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Radish: Do you have an idea when you are supposed to O? I think just using rough calculations based on my cycle length, I'm supposed to on Sunday. Haven't OPK'd yet today though...I'm thinking it will still be blank.

34. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Omg! I fell off this thread because I got my smiley opk at a time when we couldn't BD until almost a week after it, and before that we only BDed like 5 days earlier so I just assumed I was out this month? But I just POAS because I'm obsessed and got this. How is this possible!!!! Freaking out!

35. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@MrsTiger: super sperm! Congrats!!

36. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@MrsTiger: congrats and they said seem can survive 5 days so 5 days before or after is possible to get a bfp. Have a H&H 9 months

37. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsTiger: That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

38. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@MrsTiger: YAY! Awesome!! Go supersperm! Congrats, H & H 9 months!

39. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Espion: I am on CD18 right now.. last month I ovulated on CD16 and the month before CD19. My cycles vary a lot, so unless I missed my surge (which is unlikely) I should by CD21 at the latest. My OPKs have had a consistent half dark test line for 4 or so days.

40. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsTiger: Whoa, congrats!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee