Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@MrsTiger: Whoa, girl! So awesome! Congratulations! We'd love to have you over on the January 2015 thread whenever you're ready.

2. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@MrsTiger: wow!!! Congrats!!!

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsTiger: YAY!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! How many dpo are you? Thats a lovely line!

4. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Thanks all, still can't believe it!

@simplyfelicity - I'm 14 DPO already, thats probably why, I didn't think I had a chance so didn't test until the day my period was due. I usually can't wait that long!

5. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Radish: Hmmm, I'm CD 13 and still getting blank sticks. I guess Imma gonna need some more. Tomorrow is my last OPK.

6. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsTiger: Congratulations!

7. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsTiger: Maybe that's the trick to surviving the two week wait!

8. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@MrsTiger: Congrats!!!!

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I always wonder about the best BD timing, so I found this and wanted to share.

10. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsTiger: Congratulations!!! Your timing is crazy - that has to be a promising sign for everyone else on the May board too

11. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MrsTiger: Congrats!!

12. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@simplyfelicity: I guess DH is on the hook for an indefinite period of time, lol!

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Espion: HAHA! I think its helpful because after O last month, I did not feel like it at all, good to know its all about before O.

14. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@MrsTiger: amazing story! Congrats!

15. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

I think maybe I got my positive OPK late so ovulation might have been earlier? I was using FMU and only testing once a day, so maybe that is what it was!

16. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

@mrstiger congrats!! Thanks for showing us that obsessing over precise BDing isn't necessary either!! Very happy for you!

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I have a fertility friend question. So, I told FF that I had 29 day cycles and pinpointed my last cycles O at 16dpo. I ended up O-ing last month on the 15th and entered that and it recognizing it as my actual O day. So I was expecting it to think that this cycles O date was 15dpo but it still thinks 16 dpo. I double checked and it does have my cycle length at 29 days. Any thoughts?

18. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@simplyfelicity: In FF I originally input my cycles as 30 days long, but when they started getting really long, it took almost 3 full cycles before it adjusted the O date and lengthened my cycles. I think it takes an average and doesn't just base it on the previous cycle. That's just my experience though.

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Aria: Ok, this is only my second cycle on FF so maybe that is why. I am just surprised why it thought I O'ed on cd 16 since 15 pre o and 14post o would be 29. Maybe it will normalize with time. Thanks!

20. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@MrsTiger: Maybe you still didn't O til later? Who knows, all I know is that is a dark BFP! Congratulations!

21. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@simplyfelicity: That's interesting! I didn't realize the difference between -2 and -3 was so drastic!

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@googly-eyes: Me either! I was bit worried that we wouldn't be able to "hit" O-3 but now I am not.

23. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsTiger: wow!! Congrats on your super baby! Have a healthy sticky 9 months.

24. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

So I woke up this morning to dark brown spotting/very light bleeding. I was really surprised--I always can just feel it coming when AF is about to start, and I did not feel anything this time. Plus, I'm only 9 DPO, on CD27. I've been off birth control for nine months and have never had a cycle this short before. They're never exactly the same length, but have always been 29-31 days long before. Could it be some implantation bleeding....?

25. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@angelachase: I think 9DPO is actually the most common implantation day, so that could be it. Unfortunately, you can really only wait and see if it gets heavier... FX for you!

26. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Another high on my monitor! Ugh! I think it missed my O, or that's what I am hoping. I am so mad at myself for not buying OPKs and will definitely be using them next month. They are so much easier to read. I am CD20 and assuming I already O'd but we may BD tonight or tomorrow just to coer our bases if we feel like it.

27. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I just had one month using OPKs, but I think any TTC efforts in the future will definitely involve them again - at least for me, I loved peeing on something every morning, and I felt like they gave me a much clearer picture of what was going on! I did get several days of positives, so I know they are not foolproof or super accurate, but that just meant a whole lot of BDing for a week or so. Probably similar to the highs on your monitor! How much BDing have you been doing, if that's not too personal? (is anything too personal on these boards? haha) FX so tightly for you, lady!!! I really want May to be your month too. May-be you won't have to worry about OPKs at all!

28. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: aww you are such a sweetheart! I am an open book. We have been doing eod since CD13 but there were two days between the last time. We have probably covered our bases but its hard to know when I have no idea when or of I ovulated. I do have a pimple though. So that's nice. Hehehe

29. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsTiger: it sounds to me like maybe you ovulated a teeny bit sooner but that's still an amazing amount of time for the spermies to live. When you get your dating ultrasound it should give you a better idea. Congrats again. What a fun surprise!

30. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@angelachase: That could definitely be implantation bleeding. I would wait another 2 days and test with a FRER with FMU.

31. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@angelachase: did you temp this morning? If it's still above the cover line then it was likely implantation bleeding.

32. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@NerdBee: I did temp, but really not sure what's the accurate temp reading. DH and I are currently traveling & he put the AC in our hotel room on full blast after I went to sleep last night. When I grabbed the thermometer off the nightstand it was really cold and gave me a reading of 97.2 (below coverline) but when I put the thermometer under my pillow for a few mins to see if it changed after warming up a little, it gave a reading of 97.9 (way above coverline). So who knows. Feeling super crampy now but the bleeding hasn't picked up at all, so I guess all I can do is wait!

33. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@MrsTiger: congrats lady!!

34. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@angelachase: ack, how frustrating! But based on the pattern of your cycles I would guess implantation bleeding. Luteal phase generally does not vary more than one or two days. Variations in cycle length are usually because of delays in ovulation. Hope this helps!

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@angelachase: I hope it's implantation bleeding! I had it at 11DPO with my son so there is always hope.

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: Fingers crossed for you!!!

37. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I dunno, man, I'm hating the OPKs. I'm getting stark white every day. I only have one left (got a small pack). I'm probably not using them right. I haven't been able to pee on them at a consistent time with consistent hold times. I think I must be too well hydrated, lol!

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Okay, so DH and I are doing things the au natural way this cycle but I was hoping to get the HB "stamp of approval" for our baby making plan.
    This is only our second cycle trying. Last cycle, we DTD O-2, O-1 and O. I O'ed on cd 15 though FF predicted cd 16. It worked (CP) so we are trying this month but being even broader since we aren't using OPKs or tempting.
    We are going to bd cd 13-17. If I O again the same day, bd timing will be o-2, o-1, o, o+1. If I O on cd 16 like ff suggests, it will be o-3, o-2, o-1 and o. This could be entirely possible after my cp.

In essence, does this sound like a solid plan? Dh has no known sperm count issues, so ED seems ok. We are cool with adding one more day of BD. Would you add it before or after our "plan?" (I read that you are more fertile after a CP/MC so we are trying to take advantage of that. I am also going to monitor cm for added reference and to get a general O date in retrospect.) Thanks!

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Espion: with OPKs I like them because unlike my monitor I can use them twice a day. Everyone is different though and if you are just starting out you may benefit from three times a day. Once morning, once around 1pm and then once before bed. The per holding sucks though I agree. Once you catch your surge you can probably use them less frequently because you'll know around when your body likes to surge. You might just be a short surger. Get the super cheap wondfos or something similar on amazon. With your first LO what did you do to get pregnant? Was it a surprise bfp?

40. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: sounds great to me!! I hope you get your rainbow baby!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee