Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Mamas

1. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Ahh I get so far behind on these threads must set time aside to catch up!

@Ash: Thank you. I hope you got some rest too! I felt like my arms and legs were rubbery. So weird.

@MrsTiz: I think it might be the prenatals I'm taking. Some brands put polyethylene glycol, which is what mirilax is, in their vitamins. It's the same brand I took with DS, but DH picked up the soft gels instead of tablets. I need to check the ingredients...with DS it was the only brand I could tolerate, but ideally I would like to be taking one made from whole foods (I tried several with DS and they all made me really sick).

2. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@anbanan15: @ash: I totally hear you on the nausea! I put myself to bed at 8 pm last night bc I was so nauseous!

@mrstiz: I am having this problem too! I have IBS so I normally go all the time but these new prescription prenatals are clogging up the system!

I am anxiously awaiting my betas today. Just called my midwife and the test results aren't in yet. Ugh!

3. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: you're funny... I just texted my mom and it said "I'm dead". I can't function. Wow!

@mrstiz: I was on a weight loss team at work for the post few months and luckily today was the last weigh in because I brought the team down once I found out I was pregnant. Oops! But seriously weight wise I'm a little heavy and hope to not gain too much because I'm sure my midwife will tell me to cut back on the mac n cheese. Oy!

While brushing my teeth this am, I started dry heaving. Not fun!

@Cara M. 17: I sleep propped up at night now to help but I am seriously nauseous all night long and then I don't sleep so it's a real joy hahaha! The unisom & b6 combo kinda helps... give it a try.

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Something that has helped my nausea has been Ginger Chews from Trader Joes. I can only eat half at a time because it's intense, but they're helping!

5. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. J: I don't have a Trader Joe's but I am looking these puppies up!

6. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: rest? What is this thing you speak of? My body doesn't understand. Hahah

7. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Ginger People ginger chews are awesome! You can usually find them in any natural/health foods section. They also make a hard candy. We don't have a Trader Joe's under 1.5 hours either hahaha and rest yes I'm not really sure what that is either.

http://www.gingerpeople.com/

BTW if you google "ginger people" a Wilki on "red hair" comes up. Made me giggle!

8. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Bahahah that IS funny! Clicking your link as we speak!

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@anbanan15: Yes! Those are them. Awesome!

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

So, if you guys can, please send up a little prayer or some good thoughts my way. My mom called last night to say the hospice nurse said my granddaddy only had a few more days. Well, she just called again and he passed away. I am really close to this set of grandparents. Like, spent every weekend with them as a kid and even now, I visit them 1-2 times a week. It's going to be hard and I don't think it's hit me yet.

It gives me some comfort knowing he was ready to go. I imagine him in heaven with my angel I lost last year and it makes me smile. He always talked about his first great grandchild.

Sorry for the sad post, but I needed to get that out

11. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@lilteacherbee: You're in my thoughts and prayers today. So sorry for your loss.

12. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@lilteacherbee: Oh no, I am so sorry. Prayers for you and your family!

13. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@lilteacherbee: Oh, I'm so sorry.

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: So sorry for your loss!

15. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@lilteacherbee: Oh my, I'm so sorry for your loss!

16. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@lilteacherbee: Aw, thinking of you!

17. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

So, I went ahead and announced on Facebook. It was just getting really annoying not being public about it, lol. I first put it up privately and tagged all our family so they were the only ones who could see it, then we Facetimed with Farmer Man's family and told them to go look at this picture I just tagged them in. They were happy. I couldn't get a hold of my mom last night, but I texted her to check out Facebook and then she called this morning. Sooooo, we're out now. Now everyone knows why I have to pee every 3.5 minutes and show up at church all green around the gills.

18. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@lilteacherbee: Ugh, so sorry lady. I know how tough it can be. Thinkin' of you!

@FarmWifeGina: Dude, this is super cute. That's all.

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@FarmWifeGina: So so cute!

20. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@lilteacherbee: sorry for your loss

@FarmWifeGina: Cute!

21. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: so cute!

22. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Is it weird that your husband does not look like a farmer to me, AT ALL? I dunno' what I thought he would look like lol! Very cute, I bet it feels good to be free!

23. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@MrsTiz: Baha, really? No, he's not big and broad-shouldered (that would be me, lol), you don't really see his calloused, stained hands in this picture, or the grease on his shirt. Throw a Pioneer Seed cap on him, he looks pretty farmer-ish. And mmmmmmm, he cleans up real good in his dressed-up farmer clothes- Wranglers, boots, button down shirt, and ball cap. Lol, yes, dammit, my husband can totally off sexy farmer, LOL. Especially the Cowboy Cut Wranglers. I have a thing, a slight obsession actually, with Wranglers. Lol, yes, now I'm off on a tangent.

24. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@FarmWifeGina: Agreed with the sexy farmer lmao I totally thought he would be more along these lines:

25. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@MrsTiz: umm I dated that guy....

ETA: I'm totally kidding, but I did date a farmer for many years and if you age him some he may resemble that guy a little, at least in the build, but much better looking overall lol.

26. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

When is everyone planning to announce?

We've told both immediate families, DH's extended family and i'm going to tell mine this weekend. We've told a handful of friends. Our anniversary is next weekend and i'll be 11 weeks. Soo I think at 12 weeks i'll put it on FB/IG all that.

27. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@anbanan15: hahaha where is everyone finding all these farmers?! We've now got 3 November Mamas that have/are dating/married to a farmer!

28. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@MrsTiz: LMAO! Yeah, I would die if DH wore bib overalls! Mmmmm, yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about.

29. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@MrsTiz: We went to HS together...I grew up in a very farm rich town in the heart of Amish Country. Actually he was from the next town over and his parents paid for him and his younger brother to go to our school because of their better FFA program (his older brother and younger sister stayed in their district)...hahhaahha. I milked cows for a few years as summer/weekend job in college. haha

We told immediate family and some close friends, but I will probably not tell the general public, unless asked directly, until end of the first tri or our anatomy scan. I'm not big on posting personal info on Facebook, but I think I may do some sort of announcement/gender reveal once we know (i.e. change my cover photo).

30. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FarmWifeGina: You are cracking my up!!! Hahaha

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsTiz: Most everyone knows, at least people I talk to regularly. We go to the doctor in 2 weeks and I'll be close to 11 weeks then. I'm trying to decide whether to announce on Facebook then, or wait until after the NT scan. By 11 weeks, we'll have had 3 ultrasounds.... Hmmm

32. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@anbanan15: Lol, now I'm curious where you went to HS and where you milked cows since we lived in that neck of the woods before moving here. There were a TON of FFA kids from the Ephrata school district that worked on the dairy farm that Farmer Man and I both worked on (that's where we met, he worked there for 13 years total though, wasn't an FFA kid).

33. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

I tried to hold out, but we announced at 8 weeks. I felt like it was so obvious that someone was going to guess before I could publicly announce, so just went ahead and did it.

34. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@FarmWifeGina: You are too funny! You live near Ephrata, PA? We are in PA also.

We have only told my two best friends (one is due in October) and our neighbor who is also due in November since we work out together regularly. We may tell our parents after tomorrow's ultrasound and next week's appointment. We will tell the rest of our family and friends once I am safely through the first trimester. I'm not sure whether I will announce on Facebook. If I do, it will be well into the second trimester.

35. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Cara M. 17: USED to live near Ephrata. Lititz address though (so weird how that works). I am not originally from the area (I'm a farm girl from Michigan), but had lots of family there and lived there for a few years over the time I met and married Farmer Man (lifelong Lancaster Countian, down to the Dutchified accent, lol) and was the bitch (to his family, lol) who convinced him to follow his dream and move "out west" to do some real farming.

36. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@anbanan15: I milked a cow one time! I have a soy bean field in my back yard..can I join the farmer club???

@lilteacherbee: your journey is very similar to mine. Yesterday was my 4th U/S and I have another at 12 weeks, so I think after 5 ultrasounds we're probably good to go

37. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I just wrote on your wall.

@MrsTiz: Sure can!!

38. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Cara M. 17: So many PA mama's!

39. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@anbanan15: I just wrote on your's too, haha.

40. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@FarmWifeGina: I just wrote back! We must have been posting at the same time!

Small world ladies!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee