Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@FannyMae: i hope you feel better!

29wks this week and can't believe i'm at this point in my pregnancy and still up and about when i was already on bedrest for 13 weeks at this point with A..! had my glucose test last friday and haven't received a call so assuming all is well with that. and cervix still measuring around 2.5-2.6cm so i'm still seeing the dr every other week. baby boy moves like a maniac tho - punching, elbowing and kicking me and hiccuping all day long! i think i'm in for another wild one

2. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: Isnt your shower this weekend? ENJOY and tell us how it goes!

Went in yesterday because I have been having a ton of BH. They did a cervical check and said everything looks fine, though! 28 weeks today. Otherwise I feel good EXCEPT our nursery furniture was delivered yesterday and it was completely wrong. And the store is being completely unhelpful - insisting this is what we ordered (it is not) and not offering a refund OR rush shipping on the correct furniture. SIGH! We have already waited over 12 weeks for it ... !

3. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: As my OB said with regards to the glucose test, no news is good news. I'm going to take my 2nd 3 hour one tomorrow. A coworker lovingly brought me a decaf pumpkin spice coffee today that while delish, was a complete sugarfest. Hope it doesn't affect my results.

@wrkbrk: That sucks about your furniture. Do you have a receipt or email or something to prove you didn't order the furniture? I hope you get it all straighten out soon.

This little lady is super wiggly compared to LO1. She was such a wiggler at my appointment on Wednesday the OB couldn't get a heartbeat with the Doppler. I was the last appointment of the day and she had to fire up the ultrasound machine to check everything out. Everything was obviously fine, just a very active baby.

4. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@JennyG: Thank you! Nope - course not. Just what's in their computer naturally. This was a little mom and pop business and you would THINK they would care about customer service. Next time - Target!!!

5. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

I plan to update more this weekend... It's been a chaotic first week of school for this first-time teacher!

Just sitting at the docs, ten minutes away from getting my glucose blood draw. I'm nervous for the results...

6. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@wrkbrk: you poor thing! do they have a facebook page? if they don't come up with a suitable solution I'd be leaving some negative reviews.

@Miss Sarah: hope your test went well and all the best on results!

i'm heading to the doctor again this afternoon, I've been coughing for a week solid now, my stomach muscles are in absolute agony (babe doesn't seem to mind, I think it must be soothing), my head is pounding and I've started coughing up phleghm which makes me worried about a chest infection. ughhh most likely will put me on antibiotics

7. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: Good luck!!!

8. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@FannyMae: Thanks lady! They finally called today and said they would ship the correct stuff, and in no more than 4 weeks. So that is acceptable! We will just keep waiting for now

9. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@FannyMae: I hope you feel better soon!
    @Miss Sarah: good luck!
    @wrkbrk: I'm happy to hear that they are going to reorder and rush the shipping! How stressful though!
    Yup, my shower is tomorrow! I'm so excited! I spent today making flower arrangements and other small touches with my mom and sister, which has been fun. I'll update later

10. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@peaches1038: enjoy your shower, can't believe we've reached 3rd trimester times already! I'm not having a shower (its not really common in Australia), but will probably have a little dinner/last hurrah with girlfriends before I'm due.

I've come down with bronchitis hoooraaaaah! Doctor put me on low dose antibiotics, hopefully it will knock it on the head and my muscles can chill out for a bit.

11. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Passed my 3 hour glucose test! Yahoo! I was really hoping I wouldn't have to miss out on yummy fall foods, and I don't. Now, just to keep it under control as I've already gained 25. Oops.

How's everyone else doing? It's September, so only two months to go until we start meeting our little ones!!

12. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@JennyG: that's great!!

i'm 30 weeks today and feeling good, tho this little guy continues to bang his head against my bladder which makes me need to use the bathroom a million times a day

dh and i took a mini babymoon this past weekend and spent a night in the city while MIL watched A. it was the first time both of us spent a night away from her, but it was much needed. i have my mother's helper here during the weekdays now which has been a huge help in giving me time to take a rest from A and focus on keeping this baby in until 37 weeks. can't believe it's already September!

13. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@JennyG: Yay! That's great!
    @littleredhairedgrl: I think baby moons are a must! Glad you had a good time!

We had our baby shower this weekend and revealed that we are having a boy! Everyone was so excited and we had a really lovely time! I have another shower this weekend with friends and then I'll have a work shower too. We also have been working really hard on getting the nursery together. I'm feeling that nesting urge a lot since I'll be 30 weeks on Sunday!! Can't believe it!

14. MrsGeePerez

grape / 95 posts

Hi November Mamas!

I just joined these boards so I'm really late to the game... but I figured I'd jump in and introduce myself.

I'm 30+5 weeks and due on November 9 with my first baby—a boy. I live in New England and freelance out of a backyard studio office.

My pregnancy has gone well so far (although I had severe morning sickness the first 3-4 months...that was the worst). The most painful weeks have been 24-26, as I was going through major ligament stretching and there were some days I couldn't get around very well.

He's been kicking since 16 weeks and my husband and I love to watch him roll around and stretch at night. We live in a super small house (not one of those tiny houses, but pretty close!) and it will be interesting to see how a squirmy child fits into it. We still haven't started on the nursery because we are renovating my office for the winter, first!

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. Sleeping is getting harder because my hips are on fire at night, but I'm managing ok. How are you all sleeping?

15. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@MrsGeePerez: Welcome and congratulations!

Sleep has just gotten to be hard for me. Almost 31 weeks and having 3-4 overnight trips to the bathroom. I'm also dealing with some insomnia and finding it hard to get comfy to sleep. I miss sleeping on my belly!! Trying to keep my eyes on the prize.

16. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@MrsGeePerez: Welcome! Sleep has gotten harder for me probably just in the past week, but I'm few weeks behind you at 28 weeks. My hips have started aching, and I just can't get comfortable. Not to mention the frequent bathroom trips that have started up again.

17. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@MrsGeePerez: Welcome to the November due date board

My hips are in achey agony just about every night, usually because I manage to fall into a deep sleep after hours of tossing and turning and then just lay there with all my weight on one side. 2 more weeks til my next OB appt, I haven't had any calls in relation to my glucose test last week, so hopefully all is good.

18. EBSC

cherry / 178 posts

@MrsGeePerez: welcome! Glad you're joining us!

And I agree with all above-- sleeping just gets a bit harder every week, though I'm just 28 weeks now!

19. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Ugh, I'm ashamed at how distant I've been from this board! So, I passed my glucose test...at least, I assume since they never called! But yes, I too need to keep my weight in check these last ten weeks!

DH and I are renting a cabin at a nearby Park this coming weekend for our "baby moon." I'm super excited, though worried about getting sleep... Since it's already impossible to sleep through the night!

My showers are coming up quickly, one on the 26th and one on October 11th! I'm so excited! But also starting to stress about feeling ready for baby before she arrives...especially in regards to bring prepared to go on leave from my first teaching job!

20. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@MrsGeePerez: welcome!!

@Finfan: urgh I feel the same about sleep I miss sleeping on my stomach so much and I feel like I'm constantly waking up to use the bathroom. it's almost like I just rest and don't really ever get into a deep sleep.. plus, he moves all night long so that doesn't help me sleep either..

21. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@MrsGeePerez: Yay welcome! I have been giving in and taking half a dose of unisom about half of the nights. I figure I didnt need any for morning sickness and they must be safe if prescribed for pregnant ladies so oh well! Only 10 more weeks where not being comfortable will be the reason for my sleeplessness.

22. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@MrsGeePerez: Yay! Welcome

@Miss Sarah: I know what you mean about not posting much! I feel so busy and the baby isn't even here yet! I do love reading about everyone's experiences though. Hope you have fun at your showers!!

In regards to sleep, I get up 1-2 times to use the bathroom but have an easy time falling back asleep thankfully. His movements don't wake me up but I do get uncomfortable sleeping in my sides all night.

23. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@MrsGeePerez: welcome! I hope you love having a son as much as I do!

At ~31 weeks, sleep hasn't been tooooo terrible for me, though I definitely have to pee a couple times each night and moving from one side to the other is a big production. My biggest complaint is shortness of breath! I think this baby is hanging out right up against my diaphragm, and I feel like I'm never getting enough air. But otherwise, I'm feeling okay and trying to focus on the positives (no more HG!) rather than the many daily discomforts. We're not really thinking about nurseries or showers this time (poor #2), but we are talking a lot about names. We've made very little progress. Names are hard!

24. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@sometimesshesings: ugh, shortness of breath!! Same here! My students keep commenting on it in class too, lol.

25. MrsGeePerez

grape / 95 posts

@sometimesshesings @Miss Sarah: The shortness of breath is crazy! I'm winded just going up the stairs in my house.

Luckily the September heat wave we were in has finally ended and given way to cooler rainy days. I do not feel well in the heat. I took a trip to Louisiana a couple weeks ago and was absolutely miserable—every day was at least 95º and high humidity.

I still haven't taken my glucose test, but glad you all seemed to have passed! I recently dumped my awful OBGYN and found a new doctor, so I just got the lab order at my appointment this week. I'll probably take it tomorrow.

26. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@MrsGeePerez: Ugh YES! We went to NoLa in June and I almost died from the heat and humidity!!

Glad others also have shortness of breath - DW keeps rolling her eyes at how out of shape I am when I'm like, it's the baby I swear!!

How is everyone doing with weight gain? I am up 17 pounds which my doctor said was "beautiful." Haha. It feels like a lot though and it appears I wont be making my goal of 20 pounds total since I have 9.5 more weeks ...

27. MrsGeePerez

grape / 95 posts

@wrkbrk: I am up 15 pounds at 31 weeks. I started overweight, so I'm trying to keep it under 20.

Part of the reason I dumped my last OB was because she kept obsessing about my weight at each appointment. I was very sick through the first and beginning of the second trimester and lost weight. My next appointment after I finally started feeling better I had put on 8 pounds. She was disgusted and asked me how I could possibly have let myself gain 8 pounds in 4 weeks, and I explained that I was probably super dehydrated at my last appointment from all the vomiting.

I left each appointment in tears, and never even got to ask the questions I had been hoping to ask about my pregnancy because she was so cold and judgmental. The final straw appointment I hadn't gained an ounce in 4 weeks, and instead of acknowledging that I did not gain weight, she started drilling into me that I should see a nutritionist so I can monitor what I'm eating.

Ugh! You're FIRED, lady!

28. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@MrsGeePerez: wow she sounds horrible!!! glad you were able to make a switch to someone better!

I'm 31wks and have gained about 25lbs but was under my normal weight when I began from being on a super strict elimination diet EPing for A. So I imagine I'll get up to a little over 30 by the time I reach 37 wks which is when they'll deliver.

29. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@MrsGeePerez: That's good!! I was, too, by about 10 pounds so my OB gave the goal of 20ish total ... oh well. Haha.

30. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@wrkbrk: Eh. I'm up about 22lbs at 29 weeks. I haven't really changed what I'm eating since pre-pregnancy. Although if I'm hungry, I'll grab an extra snack. But I haven't been able to be very active, and I was only moderately active to begin with. I'm probably going to hit close to the 35 mark, but I'm really hoping not more. I was originally within normal BMI range but on the lower side, so I suppose that's okay.

@MrsGeePerez: Oh your last OB sounds really terrible! Glad you found a new one!

31. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Hoots: that's completely fine for a normal BMI! The 20 pound limit was just for me bc I started out a bit too heavy. I had two athletic friends both gain 45 pounds and lose it all in about 4 months pp so I wouldn't worry!!

32. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@wrkbrk: That makes me feel a bit better. I think I've been worried about it because I've had to be really inactive for a good bit of this pregnancy, which was never my plan.

33. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@MrsGeePerez: what a horrible person! you'd think the focus of the OB's attention would be baby's health, mother's health and emotional wellbeing, and only weight if it was a serious health concern! good on you for making the move, I hope your new doctor is super kind.

I don't want to think about weight gain right now.... I'm feeling super emotional hormonal in the last week and have already had a I-LOOK-FAT mama cry. I know I've put on at least 10 kg so far I had a cry in the shower yesterday because this vulvar varicose vein was just hurting like hell (i'd over did it being active the last few days too). ughhhhh!

34. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@MrsGeePerez: That is absolutely horrifying! I'm so glad you switched. I firmly believe that any doctor should make you feel safe and comfortable, especially one who is going to deliver your baby! Sheesh!

@wrkbrk: I'm up 13 pounds at 32 weeks. I gained 6 of those in the past month at midwife's urging. She wants me to keep gaining a pound per week so I'm hoping to stick around 20-25 pounds total. But I feel like now that I've started gaining, I won't stop!

35. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: I'm also up 17 or 18. One of my OBs (I go to a group) told me 15 max, but the others all said between 15 and 25 would be OK. I hope I keep it under 25! None of the docs have made me feel bad about my weight gain, they keep saying I measure perfectly and am gaining at the appropriate pace.

@MrsGeePerez: I'm sorry about your terrible OB...I'm glad you're switching it up.

@FannyMae: I totally had a fat cry after I saw some recent pictures... But I snapped out of it. I'm creating a freakin' miracle baby and for me, who knows if I'll be able to do it again. I'm working on not letting that silly guilt eat me up and just enjoy what my body is doing!

36. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

I had my 32 week growth scan. They are estimating LO is on the 90th percentile for weight (already 5.5 pounds). I get another growth scan in 4 weeks. If they estimate the baby will be 10 pounds at birth then, my doctor said I can choose whether I want to try for another vaginal birth (DD was 9 lbs 5 oz at 40w5d) or have a C-section. I'm sure we will discuss that more at that time but it's something I will be thinking about.

37. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

So I got put on bed rest at my 30 week appointment. My cervix had been shortening rapidly since last week's ultrasound at 1.8 cm. I had a follow-up on Monday and it was shorter still to 1.4 cm. Yesterday, she checked me to see where we were and I was 1 cm dilated. We had started the appointment talking about me stopping work, and when she saw that, she put me on modified bed rest.

I had my first steroid shot yesterday and get my second one today. My goal all along was to get to November. Right now, my new goal is October. Ideally we can keep this little lady in there until 35 weeks.

I was an absolute mess yesterday, but I'm doing a little better today. It still sucks, but I don't feel quite as defeated as I did yesterday.

38. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@JennyG: I'm so sorry you're going thru this But if it helps - at 18 weeks in my pregnancy with A I was put on bed rest with my cervix at 2cm and it got as low as 1.5ish, but with modified bed rest I was able to keep her in until almost 31 weeks! So it's possible to make it to November! Great that they gave you the steroid shots tho just in case. Think positive and try not to get super anxious or stressed

39. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Finfan: Our LO is also measuring in the 90th%! Chunky monkeys. But everyone says the estimates are so far off sometimes ...

40. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@JennyG: Good luck.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee