Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

I'll be 39 weeks on Saturday. My son came a week early, but I'm thinking this little one might be feeling cozier inside because labor doesn't feel imminent. I've been having lots of Braxton hicks for weeks, but the baby is still pretty high and I haven't had any real contractions. I actually have more energy and less discomfort than I did several weeks ago!

Thinking of you all and wishing you safe and short L&Ds!

2. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: That seems pretty dialated to me! Especially with the contractions, too. I bet it's any day now!

@sometimesshesings: So glad you're doing well!

3. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@JennyG: You're getting so close!! Exciting!

4. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@peaches1038: I am also planning to work until labor begins... And I think I'd feel a lot better physically if i didn't. I'm a teacher in a large high school and I walk around during 90 minute classes and walk around the school checking in on kids (I'm a special ed teacher)... I barely have time to sit, which I think is making my foot swelling worse. I'd definitely be OK with baby coming earlier than due date... Two more weeks just seems like too much. I have my checkup this morning... Curious if I've made any progress.

5. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Had my 38 week check up this morning... No progress from last week. Only 1cm dialated and baby girl is still high. She said they will strip my membranes at my 39 week appointment. At least everything looks healthy. My water retention caused a 4 pound gain this week, but they didn't seem concerned! Now, we wait...

6. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: Good luck at your next appt! My water retention has also hiked my weight - blaaaaaaaah. You dont even want to see my feet in the shoes I wore to work today!

Two more weeks. .We can do it!

7. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@FannyMae: I know what you mean about the contractions. I've been having them, but they're not making any progress.

@Miss Sarah: Is there any way you can sit more during your classes to help with the swelling? I'm sure it wouldn't get rid of it completely, but it might help a little.

8. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: will soaking your feet at the end of the day help at all? I feel for you, I have only very mild swelling in my hands and feet atm, mine came on post partum because of the epi.

@JennyG: I've been having them so randomly that I'm sure they're not really doing anything at all. My midwife said the 3cm dilation is more because my cervix is already prepared due to this being my 2nd baby. I definitely feel like I'm going to go into labourin about 2 weeks rather than tomorrow lol

9. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

38 weeks tomorrow! Last Tuesday when I went to do the doctor, I was 3 cm dilated. Good news = that means my cervix is favorable enough for a scheduled induction once I hit 39 weeks. I'm slightly scared about inducing, but I'm more scared about going into labor and not making it to the hospital on time (toddler at home to handle, 45-60 minute drive to hospital and group b strep positive means I need 4 hours of antibiotics).

So, now, I'm just hoping I either go into labor on my own but slowly or that I get an induction scheduled during week 39 and everything goes smoothly.

Has anyone else been having super frequent braxton hicks? It seems to happen to me every late afternoon/night as I'm laying on the couch... but will generally stop if I get up and walk around so I figure they can't be the real deal.

10. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Miss Sarah: Have you tried compression socks at all? I can only wear mine for short periods but they seem to help with swelling... although, they are SO HARD to get on and off with this huge belly.

11. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

Also - Is anyone else due around thanksgiving and having to deal with the stress of your doctor potentially not being around?

12. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@AggieDaze: Yep. I'm actually due on Thanksgiving. My husband works in the hospital I'm giving birth in and is considering asking my ob to induce me the monday before because he doesn't like the hospital coverage situation for the holiday. Of course Thanksgiving is the only four day holiday that the hospital has and the staff is pretty much just a skeleton staff comprised of a lot of newer residents. I'm not in favor of inducing just because, but I think the thought of the skeleton staff might scare me more. Last I heard, my OB will probably not be in town Wednesday through Sunday. But this reminded me that I need to ask again about Thanksgiving plans as they may have changed since I asked early in the pregnancy.

13. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@AggieDaze: @Hoots: yes. Thanksgiving for me is 41 weeks when they would normally induce. But bc of the holiday my doctor said we could plan on earlier that week if I need it. Yay! PS the compression socks made me cry bc they were so hard to put on.

14. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@AggieDaze: I'm going to have to look into some socks... But I hear you on the breathing problems trying to put anything on my feet!

I have been feeling terribly sick since last night. I had a rough night of trying to sleep... Upset stomach, dizzy spells, and cramping. TMI-but I'm sure I'm pretty constipated, which could definitely be the reason for the cramping. But I think I'm going to be pretty worthless today.

15. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: Oh no! Crying? I don't need to do that anymore than I already do, lol!

16. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@wrkbrk: I hear you! I have a pair of long ones that I just can't put on anymore. My husband has to take the knee high ones off for me haha! I'm a little annoyed by thanksgiving cus my doctor will either be available for an elective induction during my 39th week (the week before thanksgiving) or not until I'm exactly 41 weeks!

@miss sarah: I've been wearing these. I think they'd probably come in handy for a teacher even when you're not pregnant! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NGXKDU0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1447003670&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=compression+socks&dpPl=1&dpID=41gukv7Mr4L&ref=plSrch

17. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: Poor sleep here too, I was having crampy contractions from about 1am - 4 am and couldn't sleep or get comfy. I was waiting for it to either pick up momentum or peter out (which it did), and I'm a complete zombie this morning. Hubby took LO to MIL for a play date, so I'm going to try catch up on rest/do the ironing lol.

18. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: I have been sleeping on and off all day. I've had sporadic contractions, but nothing picking us momentum. I've finally gotten a small appetite and am about to try to eat real food for the first time today. Work is going to be hard tomorrow if this is how I feel!

@AggieDaze: I just ordered some (different brand, because I have big calves and wasn't sure the ones you suggested would fit) on Amazon; should be here in two days. I'll let you know what I think.

19. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

I've been having contractions for about 6 hours now, been about 5 minutes apart for the past 2-3 hours. But I wouldn't call them painful, just a lot of pressure! Eep, I don't want to get my hopes up... But wouldn't they go away by now if they weren't legit??

20. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@Miss Sarah: Eeee! My labor with my son started like that and took quite a while to pick up. Try to get some rest! I was so excited, so I didn't get enough sleep and was so exhausted later! Wishing you and LO the best!

21. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: Ahhhh good luck!! Cant wait to hear!!

22. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@sometimesshesings: I'm thinking a shower and some rest. I'll be disappointed if I wake up and everything is gone... But at least I wouldn't have wasted a trip to the hospital.

23. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Miss Sarah: Good luck! Hope this is it for you!

24. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Still in lala land...nothing new has happened and nothing has stopped. Still having painless contractions frequently. I'm going to try to be active today, cleaning and walking (not going to work though), and see where this goes. My OB Appt is this afternoon, so I'll get some answers hopefully!

25. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@Miss Sarah: Lala land isn't fun. Hopefully you'll get your membrane sweep today (if you still want it of course) and that will kick things into gear.

26. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

I've had irregular contractions that will turn regular for a few hours then stop again for the past two days. A little frustrated with my body since this is my second. My induction is scheduled for this evening (still waiting for the call to tell me exactly what time to arrive) and I was so very much hoping to go into labor on my own. I'm also a wreck over having the leave DS for the next few days. He woke up with a 102.7 fever yesterday that has now resolved so fingers crossed no one else gets sick.

27. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@clover: good luck tonight and with your ds! My doctor seems to think if you're progressing on your own at all induction is no big deal and works well!

28. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@clover: Definitely still want the sweep! Body decided to completely stop everything, after 14 hours of contractions. Ugh! I have really "checked out" at work and was hoping I wouldn't have to return again, haha

29. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@clover: I'll be thinking of you tonight... And praying DS gets to feeling better soon!

30. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: I just read this (its AM Friday here) and hoping you get going again with the sweep! I'm seeing my OB this afternoon too, I've just had the random painful contractions through the night, and the painless tight braxton ones all day long

@clover: good luck!!! keeping an eye out for news from you!

31. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: sweep is done, but not feeling hopeful. After 16+ hours of contractions from yesterday into this morning, I kind of feel discouraged. She's already stubborn! Haha.

32. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@clover @Miss Sarah @Fannymae -- Thinking of you guys and hoping you'll see your LOs soon (if you haven't already!)

Today is my due date. So far, my body has made NO progress. Induction scheduled for 10 days from now, so I'm going to start doing everything I can to coax this comfy little baby out! Off for a long walk...

33. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@sometimesshesings: We've been trying coax baby girl out too.... Especially after her stubborn false alarm! Today, I helped with yard work, bounced on the exercise ball, went for a walk, and DTD with DH (for the first successful time in forever!). She still feels pretty darn cozy!

I am relieved, however, that my doc wrote me a note so that Wednesday (the day before my due date) will be my last day of work, no matter what. I'm so over teaching right now, lol!

34. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

Think I g about all you ladies waiting on your LOs!!

It might be too late, but this is a video showing the easiest way to get on compression stockings. You can also use rubber gloves -like dishwashing ones- to give a better grip. Hope this helps!!

35. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@sometimesshesings: So exciting! Good luck!

@Miss Sarah: I am also contemplating making next Wednesday my last day at work ... !

@peaches1038: Ha! Hilarious that such a video exists! How is baby Henry?? How is everything going?

36. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: haha yes, but it really is so much easier to get them on that way!! And he's so sweet, thanks for asking! My milk is in and he is back to his birth weight after losing about half a pound at 2 days old. I still have to wake him up to eat at night and we are up for about an hour 3-4 times, which isn't too bad at all. I love smooching his cheeks! How are you feeling? Can't wait to hear about more november babies!

37. sometimesshesings

apricot / 358 posts

@peaches1038: awww, what a beautiful little guy! Enjoy all those sleepy snuggles.

I had acupuncture and a long walk on my due date yesterday. It may have triggered something? I recently started having regular contractions. They're about 10 minutes apart and only mild/moderate, so we'll see what happens over the next few hours!

38. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@sometimesshesings: thank you!!
    Good luck, I hope it's the real thing!!

39. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@peaches1038: So adorable!!

@sometimesshesings: Fingers crossed! Since my last day of work is Wednesday, and Thursday is my due date... I may try acupuncture then! I totally believe it helped me during our IVF cycle and supported my first tri, I just haven't gone back since.

40. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: Oh my! He could not be cuter! So glad to hear it's going well and your milk has come in and you are not completely overwhelmed and/or stir crazy (two things I am worried about). 40 week appointment on Wednesday - doing the dilation dance! Keep us updated!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee