Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@caterw @sandy: I'm interested in this pelvic support belt! I have bad hips prior to pregnancy and I'm the heaviest I've ever been so it's not helping out with the hip pain (and the SPD pain is a new thing). I'm wondering if a belt will help?

2. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@Plainpistachio: Sorry to hear about your GD.

@delight: @sandy: I ordered a support belt as well for the pelvic pain. Hope it comes soon because school is starting back up and I really can't stand for more than an hour before my pelvis starts to hurt. If I rest it is manageable but if I push it than it becomes excruciating later that night/next day.

@Caterw: What belt did you order? I'm worried mine will be too bulky to wear under work clothes.

3. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@teacherbee: I wish I could remember- I need to dig through the last of my baby stuff and see if I can find it. I'll let you know if I do (otherwise I'll be on the lookout for a new one too). I will say the one I had was a little visible under snug shirts but not extremely noticeable. I had it in a nude color so I could wear it under anything.

4. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

It was similar to this one but not this brand. I liked having the full/ enormous heavy duty support but would love to know if you all have good experiences with a smaller one!

5. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

So I ordered the serola belt based on an old thread on HB. I got it on amazon but the pricing and sizes are hard to find.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000NIFVLM/ref=sxts1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473397590&sr=1

I think @caterw's looks like a good one and would provide more support. The belt I got is meh but I do like how it is super adjustable - around the middle and then again on each side. But I just don't like wearing it around all day and it's just a pain when sitting down or using the bathroom. And it just doesn't look right worn over or under clothes. So I was in so much pain so I took it easy over the long weekend and wore the belt when I was at home. But I haven't worn it Tuesday or Wednesday and I feel ok - still some pain at the very end of the day but it's not as bad as it was. What seems to have helped me is sleeping with a super sturdy pillow between my knees AND between my ankles. I had been using a pregnancy pillow but it didn't give enough support so I'm using a large memory foam pillow (basically has no give unless you really put a lot of weight on it) and that seems to help a lot.

Hope you ladies are able to get some rest and get some relief!!! We're getting close!

6. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

I failed my glucose screening test. The OB said my levels were just "slightly elevated" but I need to do the 3 hour test to be safe. So dreading it since the first one was nasty and made me lightheaded and sick to my stomach.

Anyone take the 3 hour one and feel like sharing their experience? So disappointed!

7. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@teacherbee: I have done the 3 hour test 2/3 times. I recommend bring a friend or family member with you! It was 4 sticks total.
    1. Fasting sugar
    2. One hour
    3. Two hour
    4. Three hour

The drink was pretty yucky to be honest. I was able to sip water throughout the test. It was a lot of waiting and I felt pretty crummy after it was all said and done. We did get lunch after. I ate mostly protein to balance out all the sugar. I passed both 3 hour tests. I hope you do too!

8. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@teacherbee: I also failed my one hour and just did my 3 hour one last Saturday morning. The lab was pretty busy with lots of little kids coming in which actually kept me amused for a bit (lots of criers and guilt trippers when getting blood work!); if you have a mi-fi, bring it, with a phone, laptop, kindle, AND a charger! My lab had cold fruit punch and it wasn't as bad as the orange drink to me. Try to drink lots of water the day before and try to bring a snack so that you can eat right afterwards. I think the worse for me was the sugary taste stuck in my mouth... i immediately chugged water after my last blood draw. Good luck!

9. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

5 weeks until little man could arrive. 5(!!) I am starting to get worried!

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: gah, me too! I'm actually assuming it's only 5 weeks, so crazy!
    I have started to reply to this thread several times over the last couple weeks, then I get distracted and my reply disappears and I'm too lazy to write it all out again.
    Nothing too new with me except I had an ultrasound yesterday and my little guy is breech. I'm reading up on spinning babies and going to try everything to get him to turn!

11. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsRcCar: I failed the 1 hour test with DD1 and passed the 3 hour. Definitely bring a book or a project to work on to pass the time! If they will allow it I'd bring a insulated cup filled with ice and poor the drink into the ice to make it super cold and then bring a straw to help you drink it easier/faster. Good luck!!!

12. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsRcCar: @LAZB: 5 weeks?!?! How?!?! So close!!!

I'm 29 weeks so I have 10 weeks left until my csection date (11/22) and I feel like the time is just flying!

I had my follow up scan today at MFM and baby looks great - whatever hole they saw in the heart has closed, kidneys look perfect, and fluid levels are great - all such a relief to me. Baby is measuring in the 35th percentile which is surprising to me bc I'm huge and my other two babies were pretty big. So they want me to come back in 4 weeks for another follow up scan to make sure everything is still looking good - in part bc baby is measuring a little small and bc I'm advanced maternal age. I'm just not going to stress about it!

13. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@teacherbee: I also failed the one hour but passed the 2 hour. Where I live we don't have a 3 hour test. I felt fine after the two hour test. I just brought a book with me and enjoyed the quiet time. I was not allowed to drink water during my test.

Just over 33 weeks here! Can't believe we are all getting so close!! @LAZB: Hope you can get the little man to turn!! My friend recently had to have a C-section because her DD turned breech at 39 weeks. I didn't even know they had room to do that so late in the game. It makes me worried!

Hope everyone is feeling great!

14. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@sandy: glad the heart looks good! And 35% is fine, but it will be nice to have another ultrSound just to check
    @delight: thanks! I'm hoping I can get him to do it! He is measuring around 80% and 4.5 lbs, so it's getting awfully cramped in there!

15. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@MrsRcCar: We are assuming the same... I have this feeling that baby girl is going to come early (or maybe it's a wish). I want to make absolutely sure that we are ready to in 4 weeks just in case. We are setting up the nursery and we only have a couple things left to buy. Crazy how close we are to our babes!

16. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@MrsRcCar: @dragonsword: @sandy: @delight: Thanks for the tips and insight. Fingers crossed that I pass the 3 hour one.

@sandy: That is wonderful news! You must be ecstatic. Glad you're not stressing.

@LAZB: My cousin's baby was breech from around 32 up until 38 weeks. Her doctor booked her for an appointment for some method of manually trying to turn him (I forget the name) but found out at the appointment that he had turned himself around. Hope your babe does the same!

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@teacherbee: it's called an ecv, I've read a bit on it. Problem is, this baby will likely come at 35-36 weeks, before I can try to have it done! I have an appointment with my doc on Tuesday, hopefully she will have some suggestions

18. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsRcCar: @LAZB: holy moly, only 5 weeks left? that's a bit crazy!

So I had my follow up sono last week and the baby was still measuring small (everything was about 1-2 weeks behind besides her head. She's growing but she fell in percentile. I am now considered high-risk and have to go in every week to make sure she doesn't go below 10%. The doctor at the hospital stated that I will most likely have to be induced at 37 weeks... but I am so confused about the information. They are stating that the baby weighs 2lb6oz last week, if the baby is suppose to gain 1/2lb each week wouldn't that make her around 7lbs at 40 weeks? I have a follow up appointment with my OB tomorrow and will be asking him... I didn't really like the doctor at the hospital, she was sure I would have to be induced at 37 weeks no matter what, and I would love to keep my options open if I can! Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me that this baby fattens up! I've been trying to snack more and talking to her and telling her she needs to eat.. (it already starts lol)

Does anyone have their nursery done yet? My friend is suppose to help decorate the nursery, but first i have to clean it up! My son's clothes are everywhere right now so i"m trying to organize on what to keep and what to donate. I would love to see pics of everyone's nursery!

19. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

What the nursery currently looks like....

20. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@dragonsword: I hope your baby starts fattening up!
    Our nursery is still very much a work in progress. We finally cleared most stuff out, and I've been working on touching up a cabinet that I bought. We are going to hopefully have the room painted next week, and I will start washing clothes. So exciting!

21. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@dragonsword: oh, I'm sorry to hear you're high risk. Hopefully baby will listen and start fattening up for you! And I hope your doc will be able to give you a better explanation and details regarding your options. It does seem counterintuitive that they want to go get baby at 37 weeks rather than allowing her the time to stay in and fatten up. I think it will all depend on what your weekly ultrasounds show. I think the thought is that for whatever reason baby might not be getting all the nutrients needed from your placenta so her growth is slowing while she's in there and if they go get her out they can feed directly and make sure she gains appropriately. Big hugs!!! It's good news they are monitoring but I know can also be stressful.

22. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@dragonsword: that looks almost exactly like lie nursery. It was a storage/junk room for awhile and I'm just about at the point where DD1's stuff is out of there (I have 2 large bins of clothes to get rid of) and all the other junk is out of there and I can start organizing all the stuff for baby boy and start decorating. I do a super simple nursery and don't go all out decorating but I do like things to be organized! I'm planning to work on it the next few weeks and try to be done or as close to done as possible by the end of this month

23. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: @sandy: Thanks guys... hopefully I know more by the end of this week!
    On top of the messy nursery, I do NOT want to do any work right now... I'm in a funk and actually don't want to do anything but maybe have a vacation lol. Someone help...

24. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

ugh, just got the call that I failed my 3 hour test so I have gestational diabetes. Apparently I have to go to a 2 hour class on it now.... time to google. This effing sucks =(

25. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@dragonsword: Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that!

26. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@Plainpistachio: i just remembered you failed yours too ::cries together:: I'm generally healthy pre-pregnancy and have a healthy BMI, so this caught me off guard, though some googling states that asians tend to fail the test a lot. How's the dieting and everything going for you so far?

27. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@avivoca @sandy @delight @teacherbee thanks for the support and thoughtful words!

@dragonsword sorry to hear about your GDM diagnosis too! Wahhh! Of course I've now become an expert in the two weeks since I found out, lol. I'm not Asian, I didn't know about the connection though. It seems hard to come by good info! I've been trying to find out what my odds are of developing Type II diabetes in my lifetime are, I can't seem to find an actual number. All I can do is wait and see! Hope it goes away after babe comes. The diet is going okay. I had a dream the other night that I accidentally ate a whole cheesecake and I was like, oh no! My blood sugar!!! Haha. What a weird dream. It used to be dreams of, oh no I drank booze, and now it's oh no I ate sugar! My doctors said to try and stay under 120 mg/dL one hour after meals, but ADA and NIH both say guidelines are 140. I've generally been 120-145 or so with a couple in the 160's. I've found that fruit and baked beans are no-nos for me. Typically for breakfast I have 2 eggs, 1 toast with peanut butter and a 1/2 banana. Snacks are usually variations between greek yogurt, granola, toast, string cheese, apple, cup of milk, graham crackers. Lots of peanut butter. I can't get enough PB. Then my husband usually makes some type of fish/chicken/meat with sides of veggies and a starch for dinner. Then he eats ice cream in front of me! So yeah, it's not impossible it just sucks. I pity partied for a couple days but I think I can power through the next 11 weeks! I just hope that it doesn't get super hard to control. right now 2-3 carb choices put me at my blood sugar limit. It's frustrating to see a high blood sugar level when you feel like you're being so strict. I'd expect it if I cheated, but when I don't and I get a high reading it's confusing. As if we didn't have enough to think about in pregnancy, there's all this! The upsides: I sleep better, (TMI, better bowel movements), my heartburn is almost nonexistent or easily remedied, and my weight gain has slowed down considerably. I also feel like I'm always well fed and finally making really healthy choices.

Crazy symptom I'm having lately... anyone's hands/arms falling asleep in the night? I wake up and have to switch sides because my whole arm is tingling on fire and I have to switch, only for it to happen later to the other side!

@lazb hopefully he flips around here soon! flip baby, flip! At my 28 week scan my guy was head down, but sometimes I feel like feet kick me in the cervix, so I'm like, did he flip too??

@teacherbee hope you pass the 3 hour! When is the test and when do you find out? At my place they don't do 1 hour or 3 hour, they just do the 2 hour. You drink 75 mg of sugary drink and they test you at one and two hours afterward. If you fail either of them, they diagnose you with GDM. I failed the 1 hour horribly and then barely passed the 2 hour, but they still went with a diagnosis. It's a good thing too because now testing my own blood sugar levels after just a sandwich and some fruit can get up there, so I definitely have it!

28. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Just called Pumping Essentials and super excited that it sounds like my insurance will pay for a Spectra S2 pump! I got a Medela PISA with baby #1 and it was totally fine but I've heard awesome things about the Spectra. Fingers crossed insurance will approve it!

I can't believe I'm almost 30 weeks! Heading on a weekend get-away babymoon tomorrow -- so excited to get some sleep! Our 2 year old recently transitioned to the toddler bed and it has not been going well I'm ready to get a full night's sleep!

29. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@Plainpistachio: I've had pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel both pregnancies and its started off both times with hands falling asleep at night. If untreated (wearing braces at night) it progresses to very painful wrists. I was reluctant to the night braces but they helped so so much! No hesitation to start wearing them this pregnancy as soon as I felt an inclining of them falling asleep.

30. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@norcalwayfarer thanks for the tip. Where do I get the night braces-- from the doctor's office? Do they help to not make your hands fall asleep?

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@dragonsword: Sorry that you didn't pass! I hope you can find a lot of foods in the diet that work for you!
    @Plainpistachio: I have braces for carpal tunnel, my ortho prescribed them for me. I will be honest I have a tendency to take them off in my sleep. Have you considered full body chiro? My doctor is helping manage my carpal tunnel.

AFM:
    I had my doctor appointment today. Baby sounded great on the Doppler. I am measuring right on track for 33 weeks. However I have been increasingly dizzy and light headed. I have heart issues (small murmur) that worsens with pregnancy. So my doctor is shipping me off to the Cardiologist for eval and echo, plus doubling my iron pills to help combat the problem. I am looking forward to only 4 more makena shots, but overwhelmed about the idea of a newborn in the mix. I lost sleep over it last night. 😳

32. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@dragonsword: this is our small apartment two- girl room so far... Clothes are everywhere and the art needs to be rearranged but it's coming along. I just redid the room in February for DD so we just needed to add a crib and a tall/ thin dresser.

@Plainpistachio: @dragonsword: Sorry about your GD! That sounds so sucky- hope you can find some solutions that work!

33. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@Plainpistachio: thanks for the information. When the nurse told me my results I asked if I had to do anything different now and she said no, so i ate a bowl full of white rice lol... so bad. I'm suppose to be induced in 7 weeks, so I guess a 7 week diet doesn't seem too bad... but i do have all this ice cream I bought in hopes of eating one a day... guess not! I totally wake up with my whole arm tingling/falling asleep too!

@MrsRcCar: hope you start feeling better, dizziness is scary! I feel like the closer we get to d day, the more issues our bodies run into... pregnancy is so hard.

@caterw: Thanks for sharing a picture! Very cute! Will the baby be sleeping in there first thing?

34. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@dragonsword: thanks! I plan to have baby nap in there unless our older daughter is napping. We also have a cosleeper that we will put in our room for nighttime and the baby can also nap in the swing. We just wanted our older daughter to get used to sharing her room right away and also have the baby be used to the crib.

35. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@caterw: ah, makes sense! The baby's nursery shares a bathroom with DS, and I'm scared her crying will wake him up, I'm going to have double noise machines going on!

36. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: ugh sorry you failed your glucose and that babe is still measuring small. I hope baby continues to fatten up nicely! At least you two will be monitored closely since you are high risk now. Don't worry about the state of your nursery. We have done absolutely nothing yet and I'm due in October. I'm starting to get nervous about not being ready!

@NorCalWayfarer: ugh sorry the toddler bed transition did not go well. We transitioned our DD a couple weeks ago and it has been better than we thought it would, but she is 3 so maybe that makes a difference. She is getting up earlier though.

@caterw: cute room!!! So fun for sisters to share a room. If we have another girl I would like them to eventually share too.

37. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: You will be fine even if the nursery isn't done!! My friend just had her second and she ended up needing her mom to do the nursery while she was at the hospital! Also- my daughter is SO EXCITED to share her room. She keeps showing me the crib and telling me that she has a roommate just like Mommy and Daddy are roommates. She has been reading the "My First Little House" series and actually wants to share her bed also since Mary and Laura do.

38. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: Thank you, i saw my normal OB today and he really eased my mind about a lot of things. As for my glucose test, he stated i was only several points over and he wasn't too worried about it so long as I follow the diet. He also wasn't as concerned with the baby measuring small. He said of course the doctors at the hospital are high-risk specialist, so they are a bit "extreme" but he actually doesn't foresee me having to be induced early unless her weight really fell off the charts and that everything has to be discussed with him before anything is decided anyway. I was so so so relieved to hear that. When i talked to the hospital doctor about possibility of not being induced, she made it sound like there was no way and that I would definitely have to be induced at 37 weeks. Anyway, seeing my OB and discussing it through and venting it out on HB and to my girl friends really helped me out. I seriously cried after I got my call regarding the gestational diabetes, I know its not that big of a deal, but I just felt it was just one more thing I had to worry about and my hormones got to the best of me!

Sorry for the wall of text, but seriously this pregnancy has been a crazy ride, very unlike my first with my son! I'm just really relieved I am almost 31 weeks and we're just chugging through.

39. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: haha I totally see my mom and MIL fixing up the nursery for us once baby arrives. I'd be more stressed if it was my first but baby will be with us anyways for the first few weeks. I'm glad your DD is excited to share her room. I don't know if mine would love it right now but I think it would be super fun for sisters to share.

@dragonsword: oh I'm so glad your OB eased your mind. I hope you don't have to be induced but whatever gets little girl here safely is best. I agree with what you said earlier about how if they are putting on a 1/2 pound a week right now then she should be a great weight at full term! I understand about being upset about the GD. I was upset about failing the one hour and also would have had a breakdown if I failed my two hour. You sound like you're in better spirits now so keep on baking that little girl. She'll be here before you know it (but hopefully not too soon)!

AFM I'll be 34 weeks on Sunday. Very crazy. I'm starting to get uncomfortable sleeping but I think it's just aches and pains from being back at work. I noticed at yoga last night that I was having way more difficulty getting into position and moving around. The end is near!

40. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@sandy: yay for good news!
    @dragonsword: Sorry for the news and more worries but I'm glad your OB thinks nothing is wrong! I have someone living in my nursery so I haven't even touched it

Anyone else have experience with your fundal height being behind? Can it just be user error or baby's position? My OB told me yesterday mine was 4 weeks behind. But she said she wasn't concerned since I had a heart scan 4 weeks ago and baby was 75% for head and then 50% for stomach/leg. But she said we'd watch it in 2 weeks and if we need to then do an ultrasound. I'm not freaking out, but still a little concerned and now I have to be slightly anxious for 2 weeks haha. I never measured that small with my first, maybe just a 1 week variance if I remember correctly. Of course my OB is out in 2 weeks so I either need to see one of the other doctors or wait until the next week to see my OB (so an extra 4 day wait). Thinking I will just see another doctor to lessen the wait. Unfortunately I don't think she took my fundal height last appointment for comparison! Maybe since I had had a scan that day.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee