Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2014 Mothers-To-Be!

1. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@wonderstruck: I'm sorry you're having such a hard time I really do hope a miracle happens and you can celebrate your birthday tomorrow!

2. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Doc officially changed my due date to Oct 31 st today. Baby will come when it wants though!!

3. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@cyndistar3: I hate the doctors scales, too! The nurse teased me for taking off my flip flops before stepping on the scale...lol. Then my Dr. commented how I was his first patient all day that had actually put on weight. Thanks buddy, right?!! I mean, I know I'm lucky bc I don't get morning sickness and I'm at a healthy weight, but still...3 lbs in a month seems like a lot!

@lioneyes: oh yes...definitely showing. I'm huge by the end of each day. Just a little bump each morning, though. Gonna have to get some new pants soon, though...can barely button my jeans!

4. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@bunnylovesbear: wow that's the worst comment! 3lbs isn't too bad though it could definitely be words

How much water is everyone drinking? My midwife suggests half your body weight.... for me, that's a lot of water

5. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: Bahaha I'd probably become hyponatremic. I try to get at least 60 ounces, and that is HARD for me.

6. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@cyndistar3: half your body weight? Whaaaat! That sounds like a lot of water. I'm rubbish, I can't drink plain old water, I'm drinking milk like its going out of fashion, but probably only 1 big pint glass of actual water a day

I cannot believe that after this weekend I will be 16 weeks, suddenly feel like time is running away with me. The first 3 months took soooo long and now I want it to slow down!!

7. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@cyndistar3: Half your body weight?! Bahahaha, DEFINITELY not drinking that much! My midwife always gives me the sheet on recommended nutrition, I just kind of give her an amused look, and she's like, "Yeah, I know. Just do what you need to do in order to get some food in you without throwing up, ok? And nothing on the list of unsafe foods." I try to just sip water throughout the day, but weirdly enough water really doesn't sit well in my stomach when I'm nauseous.

8. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

@wonderstruck sorry you're still sick. it's the worst, i just hate the feeling of not knowing what to do with yourself. have you tried club soda vs. water? that's what i have been drinking (with lemon) and it, and the ensuing burps (sorry gross animal alert), definitely help with the nausea. don't think i could handle plain water either.

9. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

half your body weight! That is nuts! I normally drank easy 1.5 litres just at work... that has stayed about the same, but I drink a ton more at home! The first thing I do in the morning before even going to the bathroom is go to the kitchen and get a big glass and put 2/3 water 1/3 juice. I need a bit of sugar in the morning and then I am good to go. It really helped with the mild MS I had in the beginning. I then drink another one with breakfast. At night I easily drink another 3 glasses of water (usually add MIO or something to it as water is boring!!).

I can not get enough water!! But really, half your body weight! That is a lot of water... I don`t even know how much water weighs....

10. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: @Mrs tartan: @wonderstruck: @MrsScottish: I probably should have clarified that it is half of your body weight in ounces so say you are 120lbs you would drink 60oz. I however weigh a lot more than that so it is a crap ton of water lol...

11. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: haha I figured it was in ounces but I am a plus sized lady so I would likely explode if I drank half my body weight in ounces

12. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I am as well. I'm going to give it a go today but I have a feeling I might be living on the toilet hahaha.

13. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: I feel like I am made of liquid and I only get like 50-60 ounces! If I get 60, I'm quite happy. And I hate having to get up in the middle of the night to pee! And that happens like twice a night...

14. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I don't think I drink enough because as much as I pee during the day, I only had to get up in the middle of the night to pee for maybe the last month of my first pregnancy. Last time I never had to get up to pee and so far its been the same this time. My husband gets up to pee at night more than I ever have hahaha.

15. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: I think part of the problem is I tend to drink most of my fluids from like 5pm on. Silly, but that's when I want it! I suffer every night

16. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

I'm going to cry... I'm 12 weeks and I look like I'm closer to 12 months

17. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: Oh girl. Get ready. 11w4d, visually carrying triplets. Keep in mind this is on my size 18 frame so we have to appreciate the scale here! Your frame looks smaller than mine

ETA: I'm not working today and don't have school, don't judge the cheetah pjs!

18. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@wonderstruck: Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad, I really hope that you're getting a chance to rest up and feel better- and happy birthday!!

@cyndistar3: I tend to be a water drinker, so I may not be normal. I tend to drink at least one 32 oz Nalgene of water during the work day, plus a pint glass with breakfast, and at least 2-3 more pint glasses in the evenings. And yes, I pee. All. The. Time. I'm getting up to pee in the night at least once or twice. But I'm just so thirsty! And I gave up soda a few years ago, so I'm also including any herbal/non-caffinated teas in my water count as well.

@cyndistar3: Aww, I think you look adorable! And I like that top & sweater combo!

Honestly, at 14 weeks, I'm getting totally poochy, but because I'm starting out with a bit of extra padding, I don't look pregnant at all, I just look... kind of fat.

Normally, I wouldn't care too much, but of course I'm getting married in 2 weeks! Of course. I dropped my dress off at the tailor's last weekend, and told them I was pregnant, and the look of dismay on the ladies' faces was rather disheartening. They said they would do their best to make it fit, but as the lady said, "You can be very small, and then all of a sudden one day..." and then she made a hand gesture that looked like something was exploding out of her belly.

So I don't know... while I'm not going to look exactly as I had imagined on my wedding day, I suppose it's better to look pudgy rather than have the dress not fit at all? Hah! Maybe I'll pass that magical threshold from pudgy into cute (little) bump the week before! And maybe I'll finally get that pet unicorn I've been hoping for since I was 6.

Either way, it's not like I have too much time on my hands to worry about it all, we've got 115 people coming into town in 2 weeks, and there is a TON of things left to do!

19. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: aww you don't look like you are carrying triplets I'm just amazed at how I thought my belly was big last time but my 12 weeks this time is comparable to 16-18 weeks last time lol...

20. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: Your bump is totally cute! And we all know you show much more quickly with subsequent pregnancies

@Ms.Pumpkin: Good luck on your wedding! I know it's so stressful, we just got hitched last October. And you will look completely beautiful on your wedding day, all dolled up!

21. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: the only reason I'm not in my robe still is I'm contemplating something to wear to mils small wedding ceremony this evening

@Ms.Pumpkin: well thank you you never know, two weeks can make a big difference in the shape of a bump, it could happen!

22. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I just need to stop comparing myself to other people, this girl from my church is pregnant with her second and her 12 week bump looked like she may have had a big lunch and I'm over here looking like I'm 6 months preggo despite losing 10lbs

23. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: Oh I definitely get that. There is this woman who sits in front of me in one of my classes and she is pregnant with her third child. She is about 6 weeks ahead of me but has a really cute little bump. She is pretty thin but I look like I'm way farther along than her! We were talking the other day and I asked when she was due and she said mid September. I told her I was pregnant too and due in October and she was like "You are?? Congratulations!" Totally nice but at the same time I was thinking... I am not usually THIS FAT. lol

24. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Darn these skinny people people that already know I'm pregnant keep asking me how far along I am and when I tell them they almost always say "oh wow still early huh?" With a quick glance at my belly....

25. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

This is me this morning. 11 weeks. Can't hide it now!! This is my first.

26. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@MrsScottish: Such a cute little bump

27. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@wonderstruck: oh no! Hope you have a happy birthday today and that you are at the very least feeling better

@cyndistar3: @Mrs.Panda: @MrsScottish: the cutest bumps!!!!!

And as for water I'm lucky if I get 12oz a day lately, nausea picks up big time when I drink anything I used to drink 60-70oz daily...sigh

28. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@wonderstruck: oh yea happy birthday! I do hope you are feeling better

29. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

Wow, so much great news since I was on this thread a few days ago! And I love the bump pics...if I get brave I'll post one too. I had my first doctor appointment today (last few were midwife - my practice has teams of docs/midwifes that work together) and it went well! Yet another failed doppler led to an ultrasound (no pics, sorry!) which was awesome - baby was dancing around in there. Even better news for me - we're back to the 10/15 due date! So I get to tell people this weekend - I'm so excited!

Next appointment in is 2 weeks: 4/23

30. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@cyndistar3: Haha - honestly, I'm pretty open with my weight and have been blessed with a great metabolism my whole life, so the weight comment didn't bother ME too much, but I feel like it could've upset the typical woman. Lol. But going from 129 to 132 (I'm 5'8) really isn't upsetting....especially since I've only gained 1.5 lbs according to my morning weigh-ins on my home scale.

And HALF your body weight in water? I've never heard such a recommendation. That sounds like an awful lot of water!! I drink a decent amount each day. I start my day with one cup of tea...I NEED the caffeine fix in the morning. (Normally I'd start with like 3 cups, so getting down to 1 cup during pregnancy is totally acceptable.) Then I usually drink 2 water bottles at work, a pint glass with dinner, and a cup of Sleepytime tea before bed. So while I probably don't drink the recommended 75oz, I'm definitely staying hydrated.

@Ms.Pumpkin: Exciting! You need to post wedding pics in a couple weeks!!

Loving all the bump pics!! I'm already snuggled up in a blanket on the couch catching up on my DVR (Dance Moms, anyone?), so I'm too tired to post one today, but I'll try to remember to take one to post tomorrow!! Maybe I'll do a morning/night shot to show the difference! I'm huge at night!

31. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

Took two bump photos today...one this morning and another tonight. Kinda funny to see the difference side-by-side.

32. however briefly

cherry / 249 posts

Hey all, we're packing up our house this week (well, we have been for the past couple of weeks but everything gets picked up and shipped this week) and won't have internet until this next weekend so it's going to be a bit before I can update the calendar and list. If you want to update the appointment list while I'm gone, feel free, otherwise I'll pick it back up when I'm in the hotel and this week of chaos is over (I CANNOT wait)

33. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

16 weeks. I don't want to get any bigger. Lol!

34. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@cyndistar3: I'm so glad you clarified the water amount, I feel less bad now. Haha. Your bump is lovely!
    @Ms.Pumpkin: eeeek good luck for your wedding. What date do you get married? How exciting! I got married 7 months ago, I'd love to do that day again.

35. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@Mrs.Panda, @cyndistar3, @Mrs tartan: Thanks, ladies! The wedding is on the 26th, so not much longer to go. I picked up the dress from the tailor's and took it over to my sister's in a panic. She was able to calm me down, and I think it will be ok.

I'm loving the bumps!! But it's also so good to be able to see such a diversity of folks who are at the same general stage- you really do realize that everybody is so different, and that your body is just going to do it's own thing!

Has anybody been feeling anything? It's still too early for me @ 14w, but it's crazy to think that I've got something the size of a lemon (or whatever Babycenter says this week) bumping around in there, and I'm not feeling it! Every so often I think I feel something shifting around in there, but let's be honest- it's probably just gas!

36. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: so exciting! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

All the bumps are so cute! I have really been slacking on the bump pictures this time around. I'll take one in the morning at work and post it. I'm eyeing a pair of maternity jeans online because mine are all prett tight, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Anyone find any great maternity clothes anywhere? I bought a cute non maternity shirt today at White House Black Market that I think will work for a while.

37. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs tartan: Thank you! Your bump is quite lovely as well

@Ms.Pumpkin: Yes, I am feeling the little flutters from time to time

38. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: I don't know. Yesterday at 15+5 is the first day I felt something, but lasted a second and gave t felt it since. Honestly it was probably a hunger pang as it didn't feel like an unknown feeling. I'm really looking forward to feeling s/he move though.

39. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I love everyone's bump pictures! @Cyndistar3 and @MrsPanda, you look so cute!
    I've spent the last 2-3 days just feeling straight up fat. Nothing fits, but I seem to just be pudgy instead of actually showing. Granted, I'm nervous about actually showing, I just don't like feeling this heavy.
    My maternity suit pants did come in the mail (@bushelandapeck they are from Gap and they are awesome. They were on sale. Ann Taylor Loft has had some cute stuff lately too, and keeps running 40% off sales.) and I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay in regular pants, the maternity ones are just so comfortable! Although, at least it's now spring so I can do a lot more dresses and blazers. Right now I'm wearing my biggest suit and just barely managed to get the pants fastened this morning.

40. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I love the Gap work pants I have! I hear you on the feeling pudgy part...I hate this in-between stage. I think in another 2-4 weeks it will look more like baby belly than "I ate too much" belly. At least, that's what I'm hoping for! Lol. I have a really hard time when it comes to being okay with gaining weight but once I started to really look pregnant last time I felt so much better about it and really was able to stop worrying about the number on the scale so much. I'm hoping for the same this time so we'll see.

Here's my 14w5d pic from this morning. Please excuse the work bathroom background

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee