Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Willow: congrats!

How is everyone feeling? I'm still queasy, but it hasn't been as bad this week. Grilled cheese sandwiches are my current favorite food, but they have to be made with white bread and Kraft singles. I haven't bought Kraft singles in my adult life until last weekend. I'm sitting at work with my pants unbuttoned. It won't be long before I start shopping for maternity pants. I hate feeling squeezed.

Oh, I've got another ultrasound appointment on 3/9. I'll be 9w6d. After that I should be able to call my OB and start seeing her and start weaning off my meds.

2. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Alivoo01: @lamariniere: @GoGoSnoGirl: @BandDmommy: @babybronco: @avivoca:

Thank you all!

@Willow: Welcome!

3. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

I'm going to my primary today! I'm going to try to sweet talk him into an ultrasound

4. BSB

@Leialou: I'm still nauseous. I would suck on hard candy but I started getting an mouth ulcer... I might be eating too much salty and sour foods and candy lately.

Grilled cheese worked for you? I'll have to try that. Last night I had DH make me some buttered noodles and that was good. He only made enough for one serving. I asked him to make some more for dinner tonight and extra so I can take some for lunch. I made some white rice last night so I would have something to eat at work today.

My next appt is next Monday on 2/23 and we are hoping to hear the twin's heart beats.

5. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@bluestriped bee: oooh I had DH make buttered noodles too! he put a ton of garlic on it and I was tasting garlic for 4 hrs. So it was good, then heartburn.

6. BSB

October 2015 Mamas

September 30: Rainbow Sprinkles (#3)
    October 1: daymare (#1)
    October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: leialou (IF #1 w/ Twins)
    October 8: 2littlepumpkins (#2)
    October 9: cranberry (#2), renee0106 (#1)
    October 10: My Only Sunshine (#2)
    October 11: belugabean (#2)
    October 13: babycanuck (IF & #1)
    October 14: natalie403 (IF & #1)
    October 15: hilsy85 (#2), JustJules (#1)
    October 16: jodyblair (#2), bluestriped bee (IF #1 w/ Twins)
    October 17: babybronco (#1), mrsjenbug (#2)
    October 19: alivoo01 (#2)
    October 20: JessKass (#2)
    October 21: Glimmersnaps (#3)
    October 22: NurseDMB (#2)
    October 25: Willow (#1)
    October 27: Mamabolt (#2)

Next appointments

Feb 21: novbaby1112 (u/s)
    Feb 23: bluestriped bee (hb)
    Feb 25: Cranberry; charm54; MyOnlySunshine (u/s)
    Feb 26: JustJules
    March 2: alivoo01, BabyCanuck (u/s)
    March 3: renee0106 (u/s), Rainbow Sprinkles (u/s)
    March 4: Hilsy85 (u/s), JodyBlair (u/s)
    March 5: BabyBronco, MrsJenBug, NurseDMB
    March 9: Leialou (u/s)
    March 16: BelugaBean

7. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: really queasy today. I keep almost throwing up at work- fun stuff! That's exciting you have another US so soon!

@babybronco: haha, good luck!

@willow: congrats and welcome!

Only 5 more days until my ultrasound- can't wait! At 7w5d they should be able to see/hear heartbeat right?

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Willow: welcome!

@Leialou: do you have a bella band? I found it to be really helpful in transitioning from regular pants to maternity pants.

No nausea here today, but really tired and painful boobs!

9. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@NovBaby1112: Eight days until my u/s! I'm going crazy. Mine will be 7w4d and they told me we should be able to see a heartbeat by then.

10. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: I definitely think so! Mine is at 7w6d, seems so far away!

11. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@NovBaby1112: I think you should! I saw them at 6w6d.

@hilsy85: I don't have a Bella band. It looks like I need to go to Target.

12. BSB

@NovBaby1112: Yeah, I think after 6.5 weeks they can find it. At least that's when they told me to come back. Yesterday I was 5w4d and they didn't even check and told me to come back sometime next week.

13. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@Leialou: congrats on twins! I second the rec for the bella band, it helped me last time. Although I know the maternity pants are coming out soon.

I'm only five weeks, but I'm SO bloated by the end of the day. Like, I had to drive home with my pants completely undone last night. I'm also exhausted. I passed out by 7:45 last night. No nausea yet, but that hit me at six weeks with my daughter. It was so bad with her that I'm really dreading it this time. I have no idea how to manage that with a toddler.

14. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Willow: Welcome and Congrats!!

@Leialou: I've been a bit crampy this past week and been craving pasta like crazy (similar to my first). My appetite still seems small, but hunger strikes fast out of no where sometimes. I'm also feeling fatigue, but the insomnia seems to be nice to me some nights. Otherwise, I'm up at like 2am till 4/5am. Oof.

15. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@babybronco: @bluestriped bee: @NovBaby1112: @hilsy85: @Alivoo01: thanks you! Just trying to get caught up... congrats to all of you as well!

@Leialou: thanks! I'm having really bad cramps now (like the 1st day of my period). I had no idea it would be this painful so early on.

16. Treytonsmom2011

coffee bean / 47 posts

Hi All! I just found this post last night and finally got caught up on everyone's posts! So now it's my turn to join in....

EDD: somewhere between 10/7 and 10/12. I have longer than "avg" cycles so it's harder for me to use online estimators.

How far along: Roughly 6w6d

First child? 2nd. DS turns 4 next month. We tried for 2.5 yrs for #2....

First doctor appointment: Next week.... 2/26

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, serious nausea, exhaustion, mild cramping

Who have you told? Just DH and my BFF

I was hoping to avoid morning sickness this time around after being incredibly sick with DS, but the nausea hit with a vengeance yesterday morning and is even worse today. I vomited all day everyday for 27+ weeks with DS, but it didn't start until after 8wks....hoping to avoid the vomiting this time around.

17. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Treytonsmom2011: I'm in CO too!! Congrats!!

18. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@My Only Sunshine: exciting! 8 days away isn't bad!

@hilsy85: mine seemed so far away too when I first made my appt, it'll be here before you know it!

@bluestriped bee: that makes sense- cool you'll get another US again next week!

@JessKas: really bloated over here too...I've been wearing yoga pants to work, I can't imagine putting on my reg work pants!

@Treytonsmom2011: congrats!!! Wow that MS sounds awful- hopefully you don't get it that bad this time around!

19. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@willow: @Treytonsmom2011: Congrats ladies!!!

@NovBaby1112: Yes they should! I think that sounds like a great time for an ultrasound!

As for me, there WAS a heartbeat today!! Measuring 6w4d and due October 9th. Also, it looks like I had a vanishing twin. But there was one more heartbeat in there than I was really expecting this morning, so we are just really grateful to be here still!

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: that's great news! So happy for you that's crazy about the vanishing twin though- did you have a lot of bleeding?

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: I just had like sort of a gush of red blood followed by some dark red blood but it only lasted a few minutes. The ER said it was a SCH. I'm not sure if I have that going too (?) but the doctor said no more bed rest and looked closer at it and said she's pretty sure that's what happened. I'm pretty shocked! It took us about 10 months (7 cycles) to conceive this time (1 last time) and then for that to have happened, even though we lost one, is pretty crazy to me!

22. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: oh wow, well I'm so glad everything looked great today and you got to see the heartbeat!!

23. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Glad you got some good news today!
    @Alivoo01: The insomnia is getting to me too. Waking up around 3 or 4 and having a really hard time getting back to sleep.

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jodyblair: @NovBaby1112: Thanks ladies!

25. Alivoo01

@Treytonsmom2011: Congratulations!!! I have longer than avg cycles too, but used the online estimator anyway until I get my official due date read from my OB in a few weeks.

Did your first take awhile to conceive as well? As for the morning sickness, omg!! Bless your heart girl! Hope you avoid it this time around also! *fingers crossed*

@2littlepumpkins: crazy about the vanishing twin, but glad all is well and you got to hear a heartbeat!!

26. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

Sorry I've been MIA! I've been trying to stay off the web prior to first u/s because I have a habit of looking up EVERY symptom I'm having.... and going nuts. My 6 weeks/first u/s is in less than 2 hours... the suspense is KILLING me! How am I supposed to get any work done lol. Has anyone had their 6wk yet??

27. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@natalie403: Good luck with your ultrasound! I won't have one until almost 8 weeks...the wait is so hard! But it's so hard to relax until you see that tiny baby with a heartbeat. Hope the next 2 hours fly by!

28. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@natalie403: FX everything goes well!! So exciting you get to see baby today!

@2littlepumpkins: glad your appt went well!

@Treytonsmom2011: welcome and congrats!! i hope your m/s is not as bad this time around!

29. BSB

@natalie403: I had my 5w4d u/s on Monday and we are currently pregnant with twins! I go in next Monday at 6w4d to hear the heartbeats. Thinking of you today!!

30. BSB

@2littlepumpkins: So sorry to hear about the vanishing twin, but so glad to hear you heard the heartbeat.

31. Alivoo01

@natalie403: LOL!! I don't blame ya! I don't go in until 2 more weeks!! Ugh! So dang far away...

32. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I'm still so jealous of everyone's ultrasounds. Even the heartbeat appointment is almost 4 weeks away. We've talked about going to an elective ultrasound place around 15 weeks or so just to see the baby a little earlier so we may do that, especially in case my anatomy scan isn't until 20 weeks.

33. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@2littlepumpkins: thank you! Yay for hearing the hearbeat

I just got my first appointment scheduled, for March 31st, will be 10w2d. It seems soo far away.

34. BSB

@BelugaBean: I wouldn't be too jealous of some of us with early ultrasounds. My RE's top priority is to make sure we get pregnant and stay pregnant and, for me, unfortunately, I've spent a pretty penny for this service. I wouldn't wish IF on anyone. I do think any amount of waiting for an OB appt does suck. There has to be another way to keep us all distracted until our next appt.

35. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@bluestriped bee: Oh I know, I guess it's more so just hard to wait. She told me it's because I'm so low risk and I definitely feel lucky for that. I've just never actually known anyone who had to wait so long nor did I with LO so it's new to me, you know? Just seems so far away.

36. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@natalie403: good luck today! Hope your USgoes great!

@BelugaBean: I can't believe you have to wait so long! I would be going crazy! Is that just the normal practice at your OBs office? But at least you have a HB appt soon!

So I really hope I'm not the only one with a bump/bloat! I feel like it's so obvious at work. First bump pic at 7 weeks 2 days.

37. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: I guess it's normal. I actually had two different doctors for my first pregnancy (we moved when I was 38 weeks) so them doing everything differently is strange for me!

38. snickers

cherry / 168 posts

Hi everyone! Cautiously posting, just got my bfp a few hours ago!

EDD: 28th October 2015

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? 2nd. My son is 19 months.

First doctor appointment: Will be next Monday

Any symptoms so far? Absolutely none so far. But I had none with my pregnancy with DS either (pretty much the entire pregnancy!) so not too worried!

Who have you told? Just my DH. I handed him our son 4 a bedtime story along with a book I'm going to be a big brother. he clicked straight away!

We got lucky and got pregnant with our son 1st go, this second baby has been harder to conceive, it took 8 months! I am around 8dpo and wasn't going to test until Monday but tomorrow DH and myself are flying up north 4 a wedding so I wanted to test just incase before we went. I'm a bit surprised that I got a very dark line almost straight away especially since I think I'm 8dpo. I'm booked in with my Dr for Mon and might ask 4 a referral for a dating scan.

39. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@NovBaby1112: cute bump! Mine is more lower belly pooch at this stage but I can already feel it rounding out. I feel ridiculous wearing all these float shirts at work but I'd like to try to keep it secret at least until the ultrasound.

@snickers: Welcome and congrats! My daughter is 17 months.

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: cute!!

@snickers: congrats!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee