Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@snickers: Congratulations!!
    @NovBaby1112: I look about the same. It's ridiculous! My regular jeans are way too right on my stomach, but maternity jeans make me look super pregnant!!

2. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: thanks! Sooo bloated!

@My Only Sunshine: it's crazy how early the bloating happened for me! Glad I'm not the only one.

@snickers: congrats!!!

@jodyblair: glad I'm not alone! Yea my regular pants are so uncomfortable to button. Going to buy some skinny maternity work pants asap

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Weirdest craving: garlic bread. At 8am this morning. Oook...glad we had some left over from dinner last night!

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: mmmm that actually sounds amazing right now!

5. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@hilsy85: Haha that is a weird one. My only cravings have been for skim milk and orange juice.

Anyone else have absolutely no sympathy for their partners or husbands anymore? My husband has a little cold, and he hasn't been feeling well. I want to yell "Suck it up, I'm growing a human!" but I've held off so far.

6. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

Thanks for all the luck ladies!! So to our surprise one 1 blastocyst SPLIT! Yes you read that right SPLIT! There were 2 sacs on our ultrasound ahhhhh! At first there was only one and everything looked good and the more he poked around BAM there they were and all the doctors/nurses in the rooms mouths dropped lol. INCLUDING MINE! Didn't see that coming... I don't think anyone did! I am still in shock! We got to see a flicker of a heartbeat on one and a faint one on the other but like he said, it's still super early... I don't think it has fully hit me yet! I go back every Wednesday until they graduate me to a regular OB. CRAZINESS!! I think there's like a 1% chance of this happening...

7. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@hilsy85: Garlic bread sounds amazing right now.....

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@natalie403: omg!!! amazing!

October is TOTALLY the month of the twins! This is crazy!!

9. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@NovBaby1112: Super cute bump! My jeans are a lil snug due to bloat so I've been rocking the rubber band trick. I started this pregnancy a lil heavier than my first, but I can already tell I'll be showing much sooner also.

@snickers: Welcome and congrats!!! I didn't have any symptoms with my first either. Totally crossing my fingers I have another smooth sailing pregnancy. DS spoiled me the first go round. lol

@natalie403: That's crazy, yet so cool!! Congrats!!

@hilsy85: Ditto on the twins comment!

10. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@natalie403: Twins are taking over this board!! Congrats

11. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@natalie403: OMG!! Congrats! Welcome to the twin club!! I know that we do have chance of it splitting!! My family kept saying that we have quadruplets in there. I told them to think smaller! I did have a dream this weekend that I was having triplets! I had my ultrasound this week at 5w4d and I did ask my ultrasound tech if any of them could split. She said that she can't say that it won't because it has happened once to once of her patients.

12. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@natalie403: oh wow! Congrats!

So I peed on my last pregnancy test this morning and the test line was so faint! I felt a need to use all my tests, but I shouldn't have done that. I had a ultrasound, saw heartbeats, so I'm definitely pregnant, but of course now I'm going to be slightly worried until my next ultrasound.

13. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@natalie403: wow congrats!!!! So many twins in October!!

I have twin sisters and have always wanted twins! So excited for you all!

14. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Leialou: Just stalking this board (because, omg, so exciting!!) but I wanted to say to not stress about the test. Once your hcg hits a certain point, I think the tests basically begin to get lighter. When I was pregnant with LO, my BFF thought she was pregnant and freaked out, so I went and got some tests and because I was pregnant (7ish weeks), I took one too. Hers was negative, but mine was so faint and I was so nervous until I googled and apparently it's very common when you get further along. And, well, I have a healthy 15 month old to prove it I know it's hard, but try not to worry!

15. Mrs. Pickle

@lilteacherbee: thank you! That is very reassuring!

16. snickers

cherry / 168 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Thanks! Oh that's awesome, I think it will be a good age gap

17. snickers

cherry / 168 posts

@hilsy85: @jodyblair: @NovBaby1112: Thanks ladies

@natalie403: Oh wow congrats! Oh my goodness I can't believe how many twins are due in this month, exciting

18. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I have very little sympathy for DH. I'm practically thinking "how dare you complain about anything" Such a sweet wife...
    @natalie403: Crongratulations! Three sets of twins on tho board!

This bloating is out of control. I don't remember it being this bad with DS. I get full so quickly and then feel like I ate way too much. It's so uncomfortable!

19. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

OK team, had a scary morning. I've been nauseous since yesterday (I pretty much feel hung over!) and had diarrhea this morning (that was fun). I also had some brown spotting. Well, I haven't seen my doc yet, so I called and told them what's going on.

They wanted to see me today. So I went and had my first u/s sorry the tiny speck that will one day be my kiddo. She thinks I have a vaginal infection (oh great!) and asked me if I wanted to do HCG/Progesterone to which i said! Yes! First blood draw today and then I'll have one on Monday.

Now someone pass me some cheez its.

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: I wouldn't stress to much! I've heatd that's very common for the tests to stop getting dark after a certain point.

@babybronco: oh no! That sounds scary but at least your OB wanted to see you...hope everything is okay and your bloodwork comes back good!

21. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

DS woke up at 6 this morning and is in such a grumpy mood. Threw a fit over graham crackers...DH came downstairs to leave for work and I just started crying because I am SO TIRED. Poor guy felt so bad and didn't want to leave his emotional basket case of a wife. Thank god it's Friday!!! These hormones are insane.

22. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babybronco: hope everything is ok!!

23. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: my DD woke up today in a bear of a mood! ugh, I hate starting the day that way. I woke up at 5am to pee and couldn't get back to sleep. So tired, but WFH today so going to try and squeeze in a nap!

So excited and nervous! Ultrasound tomorrow morning! I felt like this day would never get here, ha. I'm just praying everything looks okay and everything is on track.. DH and LO are coming too, wondering what M will think of it all!

24. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@jodyblair: My bloat is getting out of control too... I have to unbutton my pants at work when I'm sitting lol!

@NovBaby1112: Good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!

25. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Doc just called, indeed I have a lady part infection. Told me to just get the over the counter monistat. Still having diarrhea, finding out if I can take immodium. For now lunch is a fabulous combo of ramen and gatorade.

@NovBaby1112: good luck today! how exciting.

26. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: yay!! So exciting!!

27. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@babybronco: That sounds terrible! I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

28. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@babybronco: Ugh hope you feel better soon!

29. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@babybronco: hope you feel better soon!

You guys, my belly is feeling so big! I busted out the maternity leggings today because my other ones were digging into my stomach. I'm wondering how long I'll be able to keep it a secret at work. People were not joking when they said second babies show early. How long is everyone waiting to tell work?

30. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@My Only Sunshine: It's my first and I feel like I'm already bloated enough to be noticeable... my boss already knows because I have been doing IF treatments all year and when I did IVF I had to take a lot off and I work with MRI scans and I couldn't go in scanner so I had to be open up front which was super awkward.

31. Mrs. Pickle

@My Only Sunshine: I only work with one other person on a regular basis and she already knows. She's been super supportive through my entire journey so I had to tell her. My work has been suffering a little because of morning sickness so I'm glad she knows.

Is anyone planning on being team green? When DH and I first started trying he really wanted to be, but now he can't wait to find out. We want to know ASAP! I'm not sure if my insurance will cover the Harmony test or anything like that, but if it does I'm definitely doing it. Well maybe. Will it work for twins?

32. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@Leialou: We're planning to be team green. It seems a lot more common in my circle to be - the majority of my cousins, both of my siblings, and my few friends that have kids.

33. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I am dreading telling work, only because I just started in Oct! eek. I will probably wait until like 3-4 months if I can hide it that long...my boss lives in FL and works remotely, so that helps!

@Leialou: I could never be team green, I think it sounds amazing and all finding out at delivery, but I am just too impatient and too curious! I want to find out asap too. Hmmm I am not sure if you can take those tests, I remember reading that women with multiples cannot get them done? But maybe that was only 1 specific test I read about?

34. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@natalie403: @babybronco: @hilsy85: thanks ladies! Will update tomorrow with hopefully good news!

35. BSB

@Leialou: My nurse at my ultrasound said that the blood test to find out gender usually doesn't work for multiples... though, she did wonder if it's possible to determine if there is at least one boy in there.

Before getting pregnant, I had elaborate plans of waiting til the baby shower so we can all find out the sex, but now that we are having twins, I want to find out as soon as I can. I don't know what the DH thinks, I'll need to ask him. I am thinking that finding out before the shower will help people shop. Originally I did want more gender neutral stuff for one baby, but having two babies definitely changes things.

36. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: @bluestriped bee: I just did a little research and the blood tests wouldn't be accurate for multiples. They could detect a Y chromosome so you'd know if there was one boy, but wouldn't know if there were two. Also if it detects a trisomy there's no way to know which twin has it. Sounds like too much stress to me!

37. BSB

@My Only Sunshine: @natalie403: @Leialou: My boss knew we were doing treatments but I didn't exactly tell her what I was doing. I don't think she knew I was transfering when I did. She told me good luck but that's it. My coworker is FB friends with me when I posted a pic of my embryos the day of the transfer but I've kept my mouth shut about the outcome. It's so hard because my coworker who sits right next to me probably noticed that I always have food at my desk now. This morning I did make a partial gagging noise because I almost threw up. Haha! I'm wondering if she is noticing anything off. She is also pregnant and due in May, so we are in the process of hiring a temp for her while she is gone. I've been so tempted to tell her (and my boss) but I still think it's too early, but the morning sickness is definitely affecting my work. I have no idea how I'm suppose to keep my mouth shut about this pregnancy if my symptoms get worse. I was thinking of telling my boss closer to the end of the 1st trimester which is late March/ early April. I don't know if I can hide these symptoms that long!

38. BSB

@Leialou: Ah, that makes sense. So is this that Harmony test that you were talking about?

39. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: yeah. Maternit21 is another.

40. BSB

@Leialou: Oh, ok. Cool. Thanks!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee