Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Leialou: we are going to be TG. We were for DD and it was so much fun and made the day of delivery less stressful for me because I was focusing on finding out what we were having. I don't know what I would do if I was having twins though, that's a whole new ball game!!

@NovBaby1112: good luck tomorrow!!! My first apt is Wednesday and I'm hoping they will get me in for an U/S shortly after. My clinic just started doing dating U/S - before that your one and only US was at 20w unless a there was a medical reason for more. So I'll be excited to see this little one so early this time!

I have been feeling so so nauseous and blah the past week. It probably is linked to the fact that DH has been gone for 2 weeks now and I'm alone with a crazy energy toddler. He was home last night for the night, left again today but is back on Sunday for good. I can't wait! I haven't been eating much the past bit so tonight I allowed myself to indulge in whatever sounded good as I walked through the grocery store. I'm currently eating hotdogs and cupcakes. Lol

2. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Leialou: is team green not finding out the sex? Bc if that's what it is yes, we are team green.

I figure there are two surprises in life that I (a major control freak) am willing to be surprises: when my husband was going to propose and the sex of our baby! So I shall wait...

3. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Leialou: I could never be team green. I want to know right now if it's a boy or a girl so there's no way I could wait until the baby is born!

4. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@BelugaBean: I'm way too impatient to wait, too! We had an elective ultrasound at 15 weeks with DS and I'm already counting down until we find out with this one. I can't wait to go shopping and start planning the nursery

5. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Alivoo01: @hilsy85: @Willow: Thanks ladies.

@bluestriped be: Thanks. It is the weirdest feeling being so relieved about seeing a heartbeat and at the same time finding out that there would have been a second. I almost feel guilty for feeling more relieved than sad. Interesting mix.. I hope it doesn't make any of you twin mamas worry extra. I think statistically it shouldn't happen to anyone else on this board, and I have a feeling maybe the second egg (twins run in the family) wasn't so great because I got a uti right around O time so I'm wonder if something happened with that. Anyway thanks for the support!

@NovBaby1112: You are so not alone with the bloat/bump!! I had lost a bunch of weight and had a pretty flat stomach. Now I don't think I've gained weight but I look blah..not a cute bump, just bloated. I'm hoping some of it goes away when I finish the antibiotics I'm on!

@babybronco: Glad everything is ok!

@snickers: Congrats!!

6. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Ultrasound went great! Got to see the heartbeat and I'm measuring 8 weeks, so they moved my due date to Oct 3rd! I'm pretty sure of when I O'd though, so I'm guessing I'm just measuring a bit ahead. Heart rate was 163

They found a small (no clue how to spell this)Subchronic Hemorage? But she said it was very small and would prob go away on it's own, but they might want to monitor it some more. I have my first appt with my OB on Thursday so I'll find out more then!

7. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: hurray!!! So wonderful! I think sch is super common and hopefully won't bleed at all. So happy for you!

8. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: thank you! Feeling so relieved now. Yea she said they were really common, and I haven't had any bleeding yet, so hopefully it just goes away or stays the same size.

9. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NovBaby1112: awesome!! That's wonderful news we're due date twins now !

10. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@NovBaby1112: So glad you got to see the heartbeat!!

11. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Holy mother of m/s make it stop. Hit me like a ton of bricks this week. Not staying just in the morning, I feel sick all day. No throwing up though.

Ginger ale: delicious but doing nothing. Ginger cookies and candy: nothing. The only thing that helps is peppermint tea and candies. I can eat crackers and cheese and variants thereof. But everything else makes me bleh.

Ideas? I feel like I'm stuck in the worst hangover of my life.

12. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babybronco: Zofran? I took it for all day nausea with my daughter and have it already for if I need it this pregnancy. I have had a lot of help with the other stuff going on but otherwise I probably would have taken it. Morning sickness is hands down the worst part of pregnancy!!!

13. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Good idea, I've only heard good things of the magic of Zofran. I'm going in for a blood draw Monday morning. Time to beg for some Zofran.

14. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Are there any side effects of Zofran?

15. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babybronco: I've had a lot of issues too and one friend told me to try sea bands.

I had very minimal sickness with my daughter but I have nausea all the time this time and I've been throwing up a lot (I counted seven times in the past four days). I think I can handle it if it evens out to once a day but it's still rough to not be able to eat much. Right now I'm fighting to keep what I had the last part of today down. I'll call the doctor if it gets too bad but I'm already big on trying to avoid medications so I'm trying to hold off since I'm already on the synthetic thyroid medicine right now.

I have discovered that drinking things other than water seems to help and I assume it's good so I can get calories in. Sprite and lemonade helped a little today.

16. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@BelugaBean: did the sea bands help? I have them somewhere in the house!

17. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babybronco: I haven't tried them yet. I just asked her today and she said they seemed to do okay. I was hoping I would get by with minimal sickness again but it seems I'm getting hit hard this time.

18. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@BelugaBean: might as well try right? Now if only I can find them.

Also, I really hope you can start keeping food down! Have you tried BRAT? I have a banana before my feet hit the floor in the morning. I swear that is the only thing keeping me from throwing up.

I agree on the bubbly water! Regular water just makes me slosh.

19. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babybronco: My hypothyroid medicine says I need to eat it on an empty stomach and then not eat for 30 minutes to an hour after that so I can't eat before I get up unfortunately. I know that's probably contributing.

It seems that I can keep down about 2/3 meals a day right now so I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse. I'm definitely going to try the sea bands though.

20. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I'm actually going to attempt to take my medicine in the middle of the night if I wake up I pee in hopes that being able to eat when I first wake up helps. So hopefully it does and doesn't just make me kind of sick in the middle of the night!

21. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@BelugaBean: oh you poor thing. I can only eat bananas, carbs, and chicken ramen without feeling terrible.

I'll be crossing my fingers that you have to get up to pee!

22. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@babybronco: oh no! M/S is so not fun I've found that sucking on vitamin c candies helps, as does a glass of OJ - I don't know why but Vit C makes me feel better ! Last pregnancy I was addicted to apples

23. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: @jodyblair: thanks ladies

@babybronco: oh no! That sounds really rough....I Agree with others, maybe ask your OB about a prescription med for it. That sounds terrible. I haven't hit that point yet, just queasiness that comes and goes but is better once I eat!

24. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@BelugaBean: sorry about your MS too! That's a lot of throwing up I hope you find relief soon!

25. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Charm54: I'll definitely try orange juice this morning. Everytime I woke up last night, I was still nauseous so I'll try anything at this point!

@NovBaby1112: Thanks! Me too.

26. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@BelugaBean: @babybronco: So sorry to hear about your morning sickness! That is the worst feeling!

This is probably advice that only works for mild morning sickness, but just in case it helps - mine is much better on days I stay really well hydrated and avoid too many dips or spikes in blood sugar. So I try to avoid super sugary foods and try to eat a little something every couple hours instead of 3 big meals. My doctor told me to eat a couple crackers or drink some apple juice when I wake up during the night to help avoid a blood sugar crash in the morning.

@NovBaby1112: Yay! That's so exciting you heard a heartbeat. My appointment is on Wednesday and I can't wait.

27. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Zofran is a MIRACLE DRUG. I still feel blah but at least I can move and function like a semi-normal human being.

28. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@babybronco: I'm so glad it's helping!

I really think six weeks is the magic number for morning sickness. I didn't really have much with DS but for the last few days I've just felt so queasy and hungry but I still don't have much of an appetite. Yuck. I tried to eat first thing this morning and had a snack before I felt hungry and so far I'm feeling better. Hopefully by just eating before I feel hungry I can help avoid some of it.

29. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@My Only Sunshine: exciting! Weds will be here so soon!

@babybronco: woo hoo! Glad it's working for you! My nausea is only helped by eating, like every 2-3 hours which is crazy!

How much coffee/tea is everyone drinking? I'm trying to limit to 1 cup of coffee a day, but I'm just so tired in the afternoon!

30. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: I'm having about 4-6oz of decaf coffee a day. Probably why I am so tired all the time!!

@jodyblair: I feel somewhat similarly--not nauseous, but sometimes just yucky. And sometimes have no appetite , or am hungry but nothing tastes good. Or I feel gross after I eat. Blah. I feel like I've gained at least 5lbs already--only gained 1/2 lb in the whole first trimester with lo1!

31. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@NovBaby1112: I spoke too soon, just had another wave, but it would be a lot worse without it.

I haven't even wanted coffee and I'm a coffee addict.

I'm really hoping this only lasts at max 6 weeks. My mom keeps telling me she never had morning sickness, neither did my best friend. Oh goodie, I got all of theirs and mine combined...

32. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: I try to do the same- eat something before I get queasy, so that just means snackinga lot! If I wait until I get super queasy, nothing sounds good yet I'm hungry and feel sick.

@hilsy85: omg only decaf? How are you surviving?! Lol I need to have some caffeine in the morning, been feeling super tired lately! And I totalky feel the same re weight gain. I don't even want to step on the scale, but I'm sure I'm up at least 5 pounds. Oh well, it'll all even out I'm sure

33. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: ha it is rough, lemme tell you.. I am just being a paranoid patty about caffeine, even tho I drank it with LO1 and I know it's fine. I will prob ease up in the 2nd tri!

34. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@NovBaby1112: coffee hasn't been sitting well with me. I drink about 1 decaf latte a week.

35. snickers

cherry / 168 posts

I went to the Dr yesterday to confirm the pregnancy he calculated that I am about 5 weeks but has given me a referral for a dating scan but said to wait until next week or the week after to go as we wont be able to see much this early on. Its just weird as according to my data the edd will be 28th October but when I tested at around 6dpo I got a very dark double line straight away. So I am thinking maybe I had a very short cycle and maybe the due date is earlier. Guess we will find out in a few weeks!

Any one else not really having much symptoms? Im cramping a bit and feeling very tired but other than that not much different.

@NovBaby1112: Ive been having one cup of coffee in the mornings and then hot tea in the afternoons if I need a pick me up.

36. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@NovBaby1112: Glad your ultrasound went well I've been doing half decaf for a medium cup at dunk so I feel like I'm having more than the "6 oz" even though i'm really not... but I haven't even been able to have more than a few sips... I'm a coffee nut and I just don't seem to want it now! I find myself most nauseous in the afternoon but luckily no vomiting!!

37. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I'm THIS close to busting out my maternity pants also. The bloat while sitting is making my pants super uncomfortable. Standing, I'm okay, but sitting, yea....

@Leialou: We're going to find out because everyone and their mom wants to know the sex of our baby. So do we! We're wanting a girl so the sooner we find out, the better.

As for symptoms, changing DS's poopy diapers make me nauseous. lol Otherwise, fatigue is still around. No other major symptoms. I woke up completely sore today from my back down to my butt. It felt like I was working out all night long or something, but much more painful. Super owie.

38. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@NovBaby1112: I am drinking so much coffee. I mean, not an exorbitant amount, but I'm definitely sticking around 200 mg a day (maybe a tiny bit more on some days). I need my coffee!

@babybronco: I hope you feel better soon! I've been having pretty bad MS, too, but have been reluctant to take the zofran because I heard that it is extremely constipating, and I am already having troubles with that. Have you noticed anything different in the....poop department?

@BelugaBean: I hope you feel better. The only thing so far that has given me even mild relief is peppermint altoids.

39. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@Alivoo01: I am about to bust out mine, too! Solidarity girl! Godness, this 8.5 week bump is looking a lot like a 12 week bump to me!

I don't know if this has already been discussed several times, but have you guys told your families yet? I will be 9 weeks on Wednesday and still haven't told my family. I just am not even sure what to say since they'll be so shocked. But I know if I wait too long, it will just get...awkward. If you have told, how did you do it? Any cute ideas?

40. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: DH got me some peppermints at the store and that plus drinking just a little sprite with meals seems to help a lot.

I'm feeling better today so hopefully that continues. I was able to take my medicine at 4:30 this morning instead of waiting until 7 or 8 so I don't know if maybe that helped.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee