Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

Hi ladies, well, it's not looking good for this pregnancy. We had an ultrasound today that showed just a gestational sac. The OB said they want me to come in again in a week to make sure I'm not just off on my dates. I would need to be off by 2 weeks though, and I'm confident within a day or two of my ovulation date. Feeling so sad and so annoyed to be in this holding pattern for a week.

2. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Charm54: Yay for a good appt! Especially when there's an u/s and heartbeat hearing involved!

@NovBaby1112: Ditto on the fatigue. I've been needing an afternoon nap the past few days around 2pm or so.

@My Only Sunshine: Oh no!!! Fingers crossed and hoping it's a glitch, and that all is actually well and advancing. *hugs*

3. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Oh, no. I read your response on the other thread. Crossing my fingers and toes for you that you hear more positive news next week! Hugs!!

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@My Only Sunshine: oh no, Im sorry you received that news today I am praying that everything is okay and hoping for the best

5. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Oh you sweet thing. Fingers and toes are crossed for you.

I had some more spotting today, still waiting to hear back on my numbers.

6. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@My Only Sunshine: i'm so sorry.

7. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

EDD: TBD (Oct. 28 - Nov. 3)
    How far along: also TBD, probably 4ish.
    First child? #2, DD is 25 months
    First doctor appointment: I just moved and need to find a new OB! We also got new insurance and I have no information for it yet and won't for several weeks even though we're covered.... so that's annoying, but probably about right in terms of timing for an appt around 8 weeks?
    Any symptoms so far? Nope.
    Who have you told? DH and the bees!

8. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you. Hoping for the best news next week!

@birdofafeather: Welcome!

9. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

OB just called! "Your numbers look fantastic." What a relief. Now if only I could eat/feel normal.

10. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

So I debated on whether I should post or not... had my 7 week ultrasound yesterday and only 1 of my guys was measuring appropriately I knew there was a chance this could happen since it was so early but I was still disappointed. The other one was like half the size of the good one, so I guess it will end up absorbing at some point? The good one had a great heart beat (113 bpm) and he said it should not be affected by the other one. I'm grateful I still have 1 healthy still in there but I feel like this just made my anxiety skyrocket. Just trying to stay positive at this point! I guess if it was going to happen it's better it happened so early on in the pregnancy.

11. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@My Only Sunshine: So sorry to hear that, my fingers are crossed they just have the dates off!

@babybronco: Glad your numbers were ok

12. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@natalie403: so sorry to hear that. I hope everything else proceeds smoothly with your 1 little bean in there!

@babybronco: that's great news!

13. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@natalie403: So sorry to hear about this news. Hoping that other one catches up. If not, I hope the other one stays strong!

14. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@My Only Sunshine: I'm sorry you're in limbo. I'm hoping for a good outcome.

@natalie403: I'm sorry to hear that.

15. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@natalie403: I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

16. Mrs. Pickle

Who has an appointment next week? I think there are quite a few! I don't go back until the 9th. I wish it was sooner! We're going to tell our immediate families after. Right now only our moms know.

17. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Leialou: I do! Our big appt is on the 5th. My doctor comes back from shoulder surgery. I've been seeing other docs in the practice, but I'm so excited to see my doc. He's amazing and I've been seeing him since I moved to CO 6 years ago.

Last night was rough... I got super sick. I've been avoiding the Zofran bc it is so constipating (I haven't gone since Sunday! How is that possible?! ) and relying on the Unisom/B6/seaband combo. I was so sick I couldn't swallow my prenatals. I downed the zofran and was finally able to not feel incredibly nauseous. This part sucks. And the worst part? I can't talk to any of my friends with kiddos because it is too early!

Does anyone else feel perfectly normal first thing in the morning? I feel perfectly fine until I stand up or until my head is above my heart. To get to the bathroom first thing in the morning, I bend over with my head between my legs and waddle to the bathroom.

18. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@natalie403: I'm so sorry to hear that.

@Leialou: My next appointment isn't until the 16 and it's killing me having to wait that long. My birthday is the 18 so I hope it goes well.

My nausea has been off and on. It's still hard to eat much of anything and I'm pretty much always a little nauseous but I haven't thrown up in a while. Our wedding anniversary is next Friday and we want to go eat but we'll have to see how I feel. We'll just make a reservation and cancel if I'm sick.

I've also had a little spotting but not much at all so I think it's okay, probably just from everything moving and growing.

19. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babybronco: Sorry you're having such a rough time! I hope you get some relief soon. It sucks for the Zofran to help nausea but cause constipation!

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: I have an appt with my OB on Monday- mainly to go over my US and do the whole first appt stuff. Nothing too exciting! Going to ask my OBabout the early genetic blood tests though, so hopefully I canget that done at 10 weeks.

@babybronco: so sorry you're feeling so sick! Ive generally been feeling better lately, but some days, like today, I just dry heave all day and it blows

21. Mrs. Pickle

@babybronco: I'm sorry it's been so rough for you!

I'm still getting sick, but it's not daily anymore.

22. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@natalie403: i'm so sorry. i hope your other guy keeps getting bigger and stronger!

@Leialou: i don't have an appt until st pattys day! i'm in this weird spot where i have no symptoms at all (felt a little ill the other day, but have been completely fine since) so i don't feel pregnant. trying to remember how it was with DD and i didn't have much except for sore breasts, small bladder and i was hungry all the time. hard to remember the timeline of all that before...

23. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Leialou: u/s on Wednesday for me! Excited and nervous.

Haven't thrown up at all or had severe nausea, but at night and when I get hungry I get seriously queasy...and a lot of things are grossing me out. I have to hold my breath when I open the fridge.

24. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

I feel like absolute crap. I puked a couple of times this week and gravol has helped, but now I just feel like I have a permanent flu. DH has been grumpy and unsympathetic so that doesn't help.

It feels like I'm rotting from the inside out and everyone I know had super easy pregnancies

25. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@babycanuck: gah I'm with you (luckily DH has been a dream though). I've lost count of how often I've thrown up and now I'm constipated from the zofran. I'm glad I didn't take it more. B6 and unisom have really helped me.

My pharmacists (both are newish moms) suggest Metamucil to help with the constipation. I haven't gone in a week and I feel, like you said, like I'm rotting from the inside out. Ugh

26. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@babybronco: so bad. I don't have the constipation but the constant ew feeling sucks big time. I normally have the worst sense of smell but EVERYTHING is setting me off. I've been living off of orange juice and gravol. Epic fail.

27. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@natalie403: I am so sorry. Positive thoughts for your one healthy little guy.
    @My Only Sunshine: I'm so sorry. But, you never know what positive news you might hear at your next appointment! Prayers for you.

@Leialou: I have my 10 week ultrasound on wedneaday. I am excited because to me, this is the best ultrasound. The baby is big enough that you can see them dancing around on the screen (they look like a jumping gummy bear) but still small enough that you can see the whole baby at once. I think it will make it all more real for me and we will announce to our family right after the scan.

@babybronco: I am so sorry you've been so sick
    I know that 8-9 weeks is the peak, so at least keep that in your mind and know when you've reached that part, the worst is mostly over. I've been incredibly constipated too.....in fact, my whole digestive system is out of whack. I feel like there is all of this gas that's trapped in there and it's so painful! I've tried stool softener and miralax, and so far nothing has given me much relief. I think I'll try prunes next. Hugs!

@babycanuck: hang in there. We are right there in the trenches with you, and it will get better! You can always vent/complain here!

28. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babycanuck: So sorry you're having a rough time too! I hope it gets better soon!

I still have nausea all the time but I hadn't thrown up in a few days. Then yesterday, I couldn't eat at all after lunch. I ended up having a milkshake for dinner because the cold sounded good and it was mint, which has been helping. I ended up violently throwing the whole milkshake up and have been nauseous again today. Hopefully all of us get better within the next few weeks.

29. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@BelugaBean: I have been avoiding dairy like the plague...and I love milk. It's been so hard.

30. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babycanuck: I'm actually starting to dislike a lot of my favorite foods because I've thrown them up after I eat them. I'm getting pretty tired of it. I hate drinking soda but sprite has helped to an extent. And sweets help sometimes which is weird. I totally get the whole smell thing too. Anytime anything smells at all, it's so strong to me and can make my nausea worse or make me throw up.

31. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@babycanuck: @BelugaBean: oh no! M/s is so not fun. I got a prescription last week for diclectin and OMG I feel sooo much better. Still exhausted and crashing at 7:30 for the night but the nausea and vomiting is gone!

Dh and I went out with a bunch of friends yesterday, it felt so nice to relax and have some time away from the busyness of our daily lives. It was at a wine bar and as soon as I got there the waiter brought me my usual (I don't even go there that often, he just has a crazy memory!!) so it was pretty obvious to the group what was up when I had to turn it down. I also told a few people at work so dh and I decided to just start telling people slowly.

We have our dating US on Tuesday, so excited !

32. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: I'm so constipated that I was cramping this afternoon so terribly I thought I was miscarrying. I was screaming. Made DH call the doctor and she told me it was ok to do an enema since I was in such terrible pain.

I sat on the phone with my own mom as DH went out to get one. Sometimes you still need your own mom, even if you're going to be one soon.

33. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babybronco: that sounds awful! Do you have colace? I found that to be helpful when I had that issue in the past.

34. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Leialou: we have an appointment Wednesday morning and I'm starting to get a little nervous. I'm just hoping we see a healthy baby with a heartbeat!
    @babybronco: So sorry you're feeling so sick Hope you're able to get some relief soon!

35. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babybronco: I'm sorry. I was going to say constipation when I suggested zofran but I am too late. I only took one zofran a day and still dealt with constipation last time around. A few more weeks, and hopefully you will be starting to feel much better. I know it feels like forever though.

@natalie403: So sorry to hear that. I hope everything else is totally fine. When I was told that I had a vanishing twin I immediately googled and found that the prognosis for the mom and remaining embryo is generally excellent and totally normal.

@My Only Sunshine: So sorry to hear you are struggling with this. Hang in there.

As for me... I just spent a few lovely days in the hospital as a result of an infection. As of the day before yesterday, baby was still looking fine despite some brown spotting. Another appointment tomorrow. My challenge is staying healthy. This past year has been challenging and just as I was really starting to get past it and feel normal again BAM the cycle started again. Hopefully it won't go on and on and on. Fingers crossed that everything is going right in there at my appointment tomorrow...

So when is everyone announcing? If I can get away with it I wish I could wait til 24 weeks! I know it's a little nuts but it's viability. I can't announce at the end of the first trimester because it'd potentially steal someone else's thunder. I can't believe I haven't even told my parents yet!

36. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@birdofafeather: Congrats!!! (What hospital do you think you might go to??)

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I will tell close friends after our u/s on Wednesday (!) and then announce to the more general public at the end of the first tri. Our parents and siblings already know!

38. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

we told our parents and my sister this weekend, countdown to my dr's appt at 10 and getting something to help my stomach. Hopefully I'll have a picture of the bean to post.

39. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: we told my parents this weekend, and will probably tell more close family members in the next couple weeks. We will announce at the end of the first tri probably.

@hilsy85: eeek so exciting your US is this week!!

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: thanks!! I am getting more and more nervous, even though I am having plenty of "symptoms".

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee