Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@babybronco: So the diclegis lasted a less than a week. It was great while it lasted. Last Thursday, I threw up around lunch time... I figured the meds wasn't going to prevent me from throwing up if I really had to. That night, I took my PM dose then threw it up 30 minutes later. I considered taking the pill again but DH said I would probably throw it up again. I ended up working from home last Friday. I was in bed all weekend keeping myself from throwing up, though I was unsuccessful. Today I'm back at work and trying not to throw up. I have another ultrasound in 2 hours. DH is going to hopefully go to the pharmacy before our appointment and get me zofran. I'll meet him at the u/s.

Oh, I told my boss on Friday at 7 weeks over the phone. We are hiring a temp for my co-worker who is due in May and one of the candidates could very well do my work when I will be out and I felt it was a good time to tell my boss.

2. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@bluestriped bee: gah! I feel ya. Ask the doc for something to help with the constipation from the Zofran. I seriously thought I was losing the baby yesterday because my cramps were so bad from constipation.

3. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@babycanuck: I hope you had a good ultrasound!

4. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Leialou: I have an appt today and am so excited/nervous!! It's my first appt and u/s so I'm ready to confirm that all is well in the belly. *cue heavy breathing* lol

@2littlepumpkins: we've already told both of our families, and if all looks well today, we'll tell our closest friends soon. We'll wait to announce to the world after the 1st trimester. I didn't announce with DS until I was about 16 weeks. I told my boss at 12 weeks, but the rest of work found out when I was showing which was 20 something weeks.

@babybronco: I agree with @hilsy85: on the colace. It's awesome. Won't be bad idea to stock pile now because you'll probably need it late in the 3rd trimester and shortly after birth anyhow.

As for me, fatigue hit me pretty good this past week, especially over the weekend. Hubby isn't a fan of me lounging around and being lazy. What can I do ya know. Oh well. Nausea is still at bay, and it comes and goes, but for the most part, I'm okay.

5. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Leialou: Thanks! They don't give pictures of the little bean out on the first u/s, so my next is scheduled for April 1.

Saw the little one on the monitor, and the heartbeat is 164. S/he is measuring 7w4d and due date of October 15. They are sending me to a genetic counsellor, but I think it's standard practice for this RE. They have to prep you for anything and everything.

I will say, worst ultrasound ever. I went in feeling like I was going to pee my pants, they said there was nothing in my bladder. They forced me to drink another 4 cups of water, at which point I said if I have another sip I'm going to puke. Two hours later they took me in again, said they couldn't believe it was still empty. I said to the tech "hello...i've been puking my guts out for two weeks" and she finally said oh your body is probably just absorbing it because of dehydration. GENIUS.

Got diclactin, so just took my first. I hope it helps. My sister had m/s all nine months with my niece

6. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Thank you for the reassurance! I did the same thing even though I try not to google these things but even the doctor said it should be ok... I can't wait for Wednesday for my next appt for more reassurance!!

@hilsy85 @bluestriped bee @leialou @novbaby1112 @belugabean @birdofafeather @Rainbow Sprinkles: Thank you so much ladies for your kind words! It means a lot to me

7. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: I was very nervous beforehand too...I'm sure it's even more nerve wracking for you. I'm sure everything will go great this time though

@Alivoo01: good luck today at your appointment!!

@babycanuck: yay for a great US!! sorry about how it went though!

I just had my first OB appt- pretty standard stuff, got to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler so that was cool though scheduling my 12 week ultrasound/nt scan sometime the week of March 23, they will also do the Verifi or harmony test then which is exciting!

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@2littlepumpkins: i'll have to see once i meet my doctor. there are a couple in my area and there doesn't seem to be a consensus on which is best. i found an OB recommended for natural delivery (which i had for my first) so i will take whichever hospital insurance covers/he recommends!

we'll wait to figure out when we'll tell our families after i have my first appt. around 7 weeks. DH can't go with me because of his work schedule, but DD will be there with me, so i'm hoping everything is okay or it will be a rough rest of the day before i can even talk to DH.

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: Hope your ultrasound went well today!

@Alivoo01: Hope your ultrasound went well too!

@babycanuck: Sorry to hear about that experience but also congratulations on great ultrasound results! When I was in the hospital this week it took a good two or three bags of IV fluids before anything came out of me and I hadn't even realized how dehydrated I was...scary stuff. I hope your m/s eases up soon...

@natalie403: Keep us updated on Wednesday!

@NovBaby1112: I didn't know they could find it already!! Aww, yay for hearing the heartbeat.

@birdofafeather: Sounds like a good plan..are you not in an urban area then? I have heard really good things about the ucla midwives but I think I'll just go to the hospital closest to us.

10. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

And just because after six ultrasounds (3 at the hospital, 3 at my OB) I finally have a pic.... Measuring 8w5d!

11. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

My 1st appt didn't go well ladies. Saw the gestational sac, but it was empty. It wasn't large enough to be considered a blighted ovum, but it wasn't measuring where it should be either. I had my blood drawn to draw a baseline, and will have another blood draw on Wednesday to see where my levels are compared to Monday. If they double, then there's hope that maybe I ovulated late (I doubt it) and I'll have another ultrasound next week to see if the pregnancy progressed. If the numbers don't double, then yea... we'll need to discuss D&C options and what not.

So this is my official bowing out of this group. Best of luck to the rest of you ladies and wishing y'all a happy and healthy 9 months!

12. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm so sorry. I'm in exactly the same boat and it sucks. I started a post a couple days ago and a bunch of amazing ladies chimed in: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/any-experience-with-blighted-ovumempty-sac#post-2088165

I didn't get blood drawn but I have my follow up ultrasound tomorrow.

13. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Alivoo01: I am so sorry to hear this thinking of you.

@My Only Sunshine: thinking of you for your appt tomorrow.

14. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Alivoo01: I am so, so sorry. Thinking of you and hoping for the best

@My Only Sunshine: thinking of you

15. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Wishing you the best

@Alivoo01: I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Please take care of yourself!

16. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Alivoo01: My bff went through this in December, i'm so sorry and take some time to rest when you get your answers.

17. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@2littlepumpkins: what a cute little bean!'

@Alivoo01: I'm so sorry sending you lots of love and sending you the best possible thoughts

@My Only Sunshine: I'm sorry you have to go through this too....hoping tomorrow gives you good news !

18. Mrs. Pickle

@Alivoo01: I'm sorry to hear this.

19. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@My Only Sunshine: @Alivoo01: I'm so sorry you two are going through this

I'm getting pretty nervous for my ultrasound tomorrow, especially after reading about some of the bad news on this board the last few days. It really makes you realize how common miscarriages are

20. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@jodyblair: yep I am also pretty nervous...I really really don't want to go through that again crossing fingers for both of us tomorrow.

21. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@Alivoo01: @My Only Sunshine: Thinking of you both!

22. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@hilsy85: Luckily my appointment is at 8 am so I won't have to wait all day and be a nervous wreck. I had a miscarriage before DS but I was only 5 weeks, so it was almost too early for me to have even really gotten used to the idea. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

23. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@jodyblair: augh mine is not til 3:30...I'll be going crazy!

24. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

I had a bit of spotting on Thursday and went to ER- they basically just did a blood test and urine test and sent me home with a requisition for an ultrasound the next day (but it took 3 hours to get the lab results from the blood test).
    I ended up seeing a flickering heartbeat on the ultrasound, which was pretty exciting/surprising for being 5w5d!

25. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@NovBaby1112: That's awesome you got to hear the heartbeat with the doppler! How many weeks are you again?

26. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Willow: Yay for a heartbeat!

27. BSB

@Alivoo01: I'm so so sorry.

28. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: Im 9 weeks...the nurse said she would try to find the heartbeat but to not be worried or disappointed if we couldn't find it bc it was so early. It took her about a minute and then we heard it, made it feel so real hearing that sound.

29. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Willow: great news! That's awesome you got to see the heart beat!

30. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm so incredibly sorry. My thoughts are with you.
    --
    I ended up telling my big boss today, even though it is early. But I've been so sick that he knew something was up. Relieved once I told him I'd be coming back to work, he said "we will create the perfect working mother environment for you." What a relief! I'm sure it helps that I work from home. Now if only I could stop being dizzy and nauseous, I'd be much happier.

31. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'll be thinking about you.

32. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@babybronco: I did the same thing. They suspected I was KU because I was so sick.

33. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm so so sorry to hear this... I will be thinking of you.

@My Only Sunshine: Will be thinking of you on your follow up!

@Willow: Glad you got good news and to see a hb!! That's great for not even six weeks! It can be so frustrating when you spend all that time in the ER and they basically can't tell you any more than what you already knew going in.

@jodyblair: @hilsy85: Good luck ladies!!

@Charm54: Thanks!

34. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@jodyblair: @NovBaby1112: thanks

@2littlepumpkins: yeah! It felt like a long time, but I'm thankful I ended up with an ultrasound the next morning for a better answer.

35. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

When you've been sick for 2 weeks straight and your DH decides to make himself Indian food for dinner. I'm pretty much green.

36. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: @jodyblair: thinking of you ladies today!!

@babybronco: that is awesome your boss was so great about it! You must be relieved

37. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

I had my dating ultrasound yesterday, baby is measuring about 5days ahead of what I thought so he put me right at 10 weeks. All looked good, baby was waving to me the whole time! It was incredible to see the little arm going back and forth so soon. The diclectin has really been helping. Besides for exhaustion I almost feel like myself again!

38. BSB

Taking Zofran and it only sorta works. Still dry heaving. Calling the dr today to get a prescription for something else. Diclegis worked for me until I started throwing up the pill at night.

39. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Ultrasound went great! Baby is measuring perfectly and had a heart rate of 166. The doctor did see a spot on the ultrasound he thought could have been a vanishing twin which is so strange. He also mentioned the possibility of a subchorionic hemorrhage. Everything looked good though so it's nothing to worry about. We scheduled our first trimester screen for 4/7. Seems soooooo far away!

40. Mrs. Pickle

I'm 9 weeks now and feel like I'm slowly coming out of the morning sickness fog. It's not lasting as long and I'm not throwing up as often. I'm crossing my fingers that I will be back to my old self by the second trimester. I really feel for you who have to get medication.

I still can't stand to cook or open the fridge. I still have strong food aversions so my diet isn't great.

I've got a small bump now at morning and night. I took my first weekly bump photo yesterday. I think I can feel my uterus too, right below my belly button. It feels pretty hard so I'm assuming that's what it is.

I go back for my second ultrasound in 5 days. I can hardly wait. I really just want to know that both babies are ok.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee