Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: yep my ob wanted to do both too. Not sure why! They drew blood on Wednesday, I go back for harmony test in 2 weeks, and the NT scan and bloodwork in 4 weeks!

2. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: ok glad to hear that! Doesn't make sense to me either, but good to hear it seems normal. So much blood work!!

Today I scheduled my 12 week US and genetic test for March 23, so excited! Hoping it flies by

3. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@hilsy85 & @novbaby1112 so I asked my OB why and he said that sometimes they end up seeing something on the NT scan (like a cystic hygroma) that wouldn't have been picked up on the harmony/panorama tests unless it was associated with a chromosome abnormality

4. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

My OB doesn't do the genetic testing and NT scan in their office, so I have to go to a perinatologist to have them done. I'm not sure which test it is. They just called it the first trimester screen.

5. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jodyblair: I would guess it's probably the NT (u/s and blood if I remember right.) That's what my OB does too except thankfully it's done in the office (just with the u/s tech and then follow up with the OB.)

I wasn't offered any other genetic testing... is that something you have to ask for, particularly if you're in your 20s? I'm 25. I like to tell myself that means the risks of things like Down Syndrome are less but I do know someone whose lo was born with DS even though she was in her early 20s, husband in late20s.

6. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@mrsjenbug: Ahhhh ok, that makes sense!

@jodyblair: yea that sounds like it's the NT screen with the US and bloodwork, it's also called the first trimester screen too.

@2littlepumpkins: I wasn't offered, but asked about it and my OB said I could get it if I wanted, but insurance might not cover it, but I had already called my insurance and they said they cover it and it would only cost whatever after meeting our deductible. I'm only 28 but I like knowing definite answers either way, it doesn't just give you odds. Plus it's non invasive so I figure why not. And a bonus is finding out the sex super early if you wanted!

7. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Ugh I am SO sick:( woke up this morning with some awful stomach flu and have basically been in bed all day, except to run to the bathroom. I can't keep anything down..hoping this is short lived! Worried a little about the baby and trying to stay a little hydrated...

8. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@NovBaby1112: Oh no! That's what I've felt like for 3 weeks... I spent all of last week in bed.
    Call your doc to find out if it is the flu or just bad morning sickness! Feel better!

9. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@babybronco: thank you...I'm thinking it's the flu bc LO woke up 2 nights ago vomiting and wasn't feeling well the day after...guessing I caught what she had! Hard to avoid

10. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Anyone else having crazy GERD? I feel like no matter what I eat or drink my mouth is sour, and not in a good "I just ate a lot of sour patch kids" way.

yuck

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: Ah I see. My next appointment isn't til 12 weeks and I think by then it will be too late. (I'm 9w now.) I wish I would have asked about it at my last appointment!

@babybronco: I've had some issues with reflux probably because of some meds I'm on (I'll be done tomorrow though!) I was told Pepcid is ok!

12. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I don't think its too late- I'm getting it done at 12 weeks, the same day they do my 12 week ultrasound. I wish I could have gotten it done earlier, like 10w, but I guess that's how they do things.

13. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend I spent entirely too much time this afternoon using the doppler and searching for Baby's heartbeat to no avail. I'm dying to find it! I know it's still early but, UGH, work with me baby Has anyone else been able to find it at home?

14. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: I tried yesterday to find it w my Doppler but I couldnt, so I put it away for awhile and tried again later at night and heard it. I am 10weeks so just guessing baby was hiding/in a bad spot.

15. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

Some of you might have seen my thread already, but I want to update here too. I had my second ultrasound today and found out one of the twins stopped growing during week 7. I'm sad to have lost a twin, but also very thankful to have a healthy baby.

Baby was wiggling all over the place. We got a good look at the hands, feet, spine, and profile. The heartbeat was 173! Maybe it's a girl??

Here's a photo:

16. Mrs. Pickle

@jodyblair: I've been tempted to buy a doppler, but I've held out. I don't want to freak out if I can't find the heartbeat!

17. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Leialou: I'm so sorry for your loss of the one twin. My LO was somewhere in the mid-170s for heartbeat when I was 8 weeks with her and she's definitely all girl!

@jodyblair: I've been tempted to buy a Doppler this time but I think it would just worry me if I couldn't find the heartbeat.

18. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: I hope you're feeling better! Stomach bugs are the worst.

@Leialou: so sorry again about the loss of one baby That's a great HB for Baby A though!

I scheduled my Panorama test for 3/25 and will also get an u/s that day--seems far away, but hopefully will have the results a week or so after!!

19. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Leialou: I'm so sorry this happened to you. I just went through the same thing 2 weeks ago at my 7w appt. What a wonderful picture of a beautiful baby you have there though

@jodyblair: My friend gave me hers but I haven't taken it out of the box yet.. I assumed 9 weeks is too early??

20. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Leialou: So sorry about the other twin. So glad your other twin is doing well!

21. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: so sorry about your loss....beautiful pic though, so happy he/she looks great!

@hilsy85: feeling much better thank god, that was rough! Yay exciting-March 25 is soon! I'm getting mine done March 23- can't get here soon enough! I'm hoping we have the results by Easter and everything comes back ok so we can tell all families at dinner.

22. Mrs. Pickle

@BelugaBean: @hilsy85: @natalie403: @bluestriped bee: @NovBaby1112: thanks y'all. I'm feeling a little better about it all today.

I get to start weaning off my fertility meds now! I'm so excited about that. I can't wait to be done with the shots completely.

I called my OB's office and wasn't able to get an appointment until 3/30! That's one day before 13 weeks.

23. Treytonsmom2011

coffee bean / 47 posts

Hi ladies....sorry I have been MIA lately...I have not been feeling well at all. The "morning" sickness is kicking my butt. I've started throwing up at least once a day, usually mid-late afternoon. And then counting last night, have been up at 3am to either throw up or dry heave. I've been taking the B6+Unisom at night but it seems like it lasts so long into the next morning that I either sleep until 9:00am or later or feel like total zombie if I can drag myself out of bed before that. It does seem to help with the nausea in the morning though. I'm still trying to figure out what foods are "safe" to eat because everything that was safe with DS are not this time around.

I had my first appt on Feb. 26th. Saw the HB, baby measured 7w3d which is on time with my 33d cycles. So my official due date is 10/12. My next appt is March 27th. We elected not to do any genetic testing this time either.

Hopefully I will be able to check in more frequently....

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Leialou: Baby A looks so cute! So sorry (again) for the loss of your other twin.

@NovBaby1112: Glad to hear you're feeling better!

@jodyblair: I think I'll end up stressing more with a doppler so I haven't bought one..so far.

@Treytonsmom2011: Sorry about the morning sickness, sounds rough. But congratulations on a good ultrasound!

25. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Ok here's some background. I'm 31 and I've been on Zoloft since I was 16. When I found out I was pregnant my primary had me ween off the zoloft (I was on 50mg).

That started on 2/17 and I was off by 2/24. I threw up for the first time and felt sick on 2/26. Zofran did nothing but stop me up. I've shared my trials with the MS on here already. The Diclegis helps but I'm on the highest dose and still feel weird.

Here are the symptoms I currently have: nausea and vomitting (typical MS) but here's the kicker--
    -Dizziness: have to look at a very specific point going up the stairs so i don't fall. Get dizzy in the shower and have to crouch. Haven't been able to drive in several weeks.
    - Darting eyes: ok this sounds nuts but my eyes will randomly dart around the room and I have to work really hard to refocus
    - Out of body: I feel like I'm out of my skin. Hard to explain and weird. (If you've experienced it, you know what I'm talking about)

So I'm wondering. Has anyone else been on anti-depressants and gone off? Or having weird atypical morning sickness?

Zoloft is ok during pregnancy, we just run a risk of a fussier baby. I'm calling my Ob in the morning.

26. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Hello ladies... I've been too scared/superstitious to join you here but I had my first appointment and an ultrasound today, saw a teeny heartbeat so I'm ready to take the plunge!

EDD: 10/14

How far along: 8w 6d

First child? Third! DS are 3 and 1

First doctor appointment: Check!!

Any symptoms so far? Nausea (didn't have that with either previous pregnancy so I'm convinced its a girl!)

Who have you told? Only DH and now you ladies! And one good friend who flat out asked me the week after I found out.

27. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@shellio: I'm in Colorado too! Denver area!

28. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@babybronco: Cool! It seems like I remember there were a couple of us in Colorado. Sorry you have been feeling so terrible, wish I had words of wisdom for you. I hope you feel better soon.

@Leialou: I'm so sorry to hear about one of your twins.

@hilsy85: Is Panorama the genetic screening? We are having ours on 3/25 too! So exciting.

29. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: exciting you won't have to do the shots anymore!

@Treytonsmom2011: so sorry you are feeling so sick seems like we have lots of ladies with bad MS!

@babybronco: no advice re antidepressants, but I hope yourOB will be able to help!

@shellio: welcome!!!

30. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@shellio: welcome! And yup, that's the genetic screening. So exciting!

@babybronco: no experience with that, but I would definitely talk to your OB about it! Those sound like awful side effects

31. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@babybronco: I stopped taking Zoloft when we started TTC in January of 2013 and don't recall any significant side effects.. though I was on a fairly low dose as I recall (though I had been on the med for years). I remember in high school going off Effexor and having terrible side effects when weening off, such as dizziness, feeling underwater, awful headaches (almost like a constant hangover?) so maybe you are having similar time with a different med? Definitely check with your doc but it might just be the combo of being preg and weening off meds :\ I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!

32. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Leialou: Did you graduate from your RE? Today is my last day with mine, very surreal feeling since I feel like I've lived there and my OB I'm sure won't be holding my hand like they did. My first OB appt is next Tuesday (day before my 10w mark!) I think I am stopping the progesterone tomorrow!

33. Mrs. Pickle

@natalie403: I did! It's strange to think I might never go back there. I still have to get my blood drawn a couple more times as I'm weaning off my meds, but I go to a lab close to home for that and then a nurse calls me.

DH and I told the rest of our immediate families about the baby. It's fun to hear everyone's reactions.

34. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@shellio: congrats!!

35. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Do you guys want to do a refresher with some more info? I'm curious when everyones next appointments are! Any other categories to add?

How far along:
    First, second, or third child? age gap?
    Next appointment:
    Worst symptom:
    Who have you told?
    Boy/girl prediction:
    Are you doing a big reveal?

36. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

EDD: October 15
    How far along: 9w 0d
    First, second, or third child? age gap? first - second pregnancy
    Next appointment: April 1
    Worst symptom: oh god the nausea and puking
    Who have you told? parents, siblings, work HR, handful of friends
    Boy/girl prediction: no clue
    Are you doing a big reveal? yes - at birth!!

37. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

EDD: Oct 14
    How far along: 9 weeks
    First, second, or third child? age gap? First
    Next appointment: 3/17, transitioning from RE to OB, NT scan is scheduled for 4/2!
    Worst symptom: Nausea and fatigue
    Who have you told? Close girlfriends, telling family on my 30th on 4/3 (I'll be 12 weeks by then!)
    Boy/girl prediction: Boy
    Are you doing a big reveal? Not sure yet!

38. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: good idea!

EDD: October 6th
    How far along: 10w2d
    Next appointment: 3/30
    Worst symptom: nausea, but it's getting better
    Who have you told? Our parents, siblings, and a few close friends
    Boy/girl prediction: I'm thinking girl right now
    Are you doing a big reveal? No

39. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

EDD: Oct 25th
    How far along: 7w4d
    Next appointment: March 31st
    Worst symptom: constant nausea
    Who have you told? Our parents, siblings, and two closest friends
    Boy/girl prediction: no idea
    Are you doing a big reveal? No, we'll probably just tell people individually as we see them. And we're not planning to find out the gender, so no big reveal for that either.

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

EDD: 10/15
    How far along: 9w0d
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd, exactly 3 yrs between LO1 and 2.
    Next appointment: Panorama screening and u/s on 3/25
    Worst symptom: Fatigue!
    Who have you told? Both sets of parents, my sister, a few close friends.
    Boy/girl prediction: DH thinks boy, I kind of do too, although it's been very different from my pregnancy with LO1.
    Are you doing a big reveal? Nope, we will find out from the panorama screening!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee