Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

EDD: October 3 according to Dr, but I'm sticking with October 6 bc I know when I O'd
    How far along: 10w4d
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd- almost a 3 year age gap.
    Next appointment: March 20 for NT bloodwork. March 23 for 12 week US and the genetic blood test.
    Worst symptom: headaches and queasiness
    Who have you told? My parents, sisters, and a few friends from work. Planning on telling all friends and family after 12 weeks.
    Boy/girl prediction: was thinking girl for awhile but now I am totally feeling boy- we'll see!
    Are you doing a big reveal? Just a reveal for family/friends- might do something fun over Easter to announce pregnancy and hopefully sex.

2. Treytonsmom2011

coffee bean / 47 posts

EDD: Oct 12
    How far along: 9w3d
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd--almost 4.5yrs
    Next appointment: 3/38
    Worst symptom: horrible nausea, dry-heaves and fatigue
    Who have you told? both sets of parents, sil, bff's and a few others
    Boy/girl prediction: not sure...maybe girl since different than DS
    Are you doing a big reveal? possibly

3. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

Is anyone else getting a bump? We might have to start a bump thread soon!

4. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

EDD: October 11
    How far along:9 weeks 4 days
    First, second, or third child? age gap? Second child. LO will be 3 years and 3 months when this baby comes
    Next appointment: Monday! March 16. I'm supposed to hear the heartbeat!
    Worst symptom: The nausea was pretty bad and the food aversions are still present. Right this minute it's the exhaustion/insomnia though. It's pretty hard with a toddler since I can't nap during the day like I did the first time.
    Who have you told? Our immediate families and a few of my friends
    Boy/girl prediction: I thought girl originally but now I go between boy and not sure at all.
    Are you doing a big reveal? We'll be doing some pictures with LO to announce pregnancy and then sex.

5. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: I have a legit bump. No bloat, it's hard and totally sticks out...kinda crazy. I'm down for a bump thread but no gold for me...might renew if we start one though!

6. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Leialou: Yes! I'm excited for our appointment Monday because, as long as everything is good, we're going to stop hiding it soon. I'll only be 10 weeks on Sunday but I only have so many flowy tops and most are for fall/winter (and it's been HOT here some days this week). It's more of a bump that just looks like I've gained weight but it's definitely a big departure from my normal body shape in that area.

7. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Leialou: I bought a belly band yesterday! Work pants are getting quite uncomfortable!!

8. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

EDD: 10/20
    How far along: 8w2d
    First, second, or third child? age gap? First and only
    Next appointment: March 31
    Worst symptom: All things MS
    Who have you told? family, a few close friends, work
    Boy/girl prediction: boy I think
    Are you doing a big reveal? Yes, it is called birth We are waiting to find out the sex.

9. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@natalie403: I won't lie. I tried the belly band a few weeks ago but I've been in maternity pants for at least two weeks now.

10. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@BelugaBean: I've been unbuttoning my pants when I sit at work LOL! I prob could have gotten this awhile ago had I known it existed!!! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to wear it. I have a larger butt so like I feel like it rides up in the back when I walk??

11. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@natalie403: That was my issue is that it always moved around and rode up. I found it easier to wear if I folded it over so that it was half inside my pants and half outside (I don't know how else to describe that). I was still adjusting it a lot though so I said screw it and moved to maternity pants.

12. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

Yay, I love reading everyone's info. This is a good refresher!

EDD: September 27th. (I technically should be in the September group.) I just found out at my last US that my EDD is 9/27, not 9/30 - 10/1 like I originally thought!
    How far along: As of today, 11 weeks, 4 days
    First, second, or third child? This would be our third.
    Age gap: This one will be 22 months younger than our second child.
    Next appointment: I have my third ultrasound coming up on 3/30. We aren't doing a NT scan or any of the first trimester screening, so this is just an US to check on my bleed and the baby's growth and make sure everything is still on track.
    Worst symptom: I had horrible nausea, constipation, and fatigue, but I seem to be in the clear now. I have been feeling so much better the last week!
    Who have you told? We just told parents and siblings last week. I have told my closest girl friends and DH has told his boss at work (because he takes 6 weeks off so they need to plan for it far in advance).
    Boy/girl prediction: Not really sure, though I am really hoping for a boy. We have two girls. I have a weird feeling that it's another girl, though...
    Are you doing a big reveal? Nothing big, but I don't want to find out at the office (like we have in the past). I would like to have something made into pink or blue (cake, box of balloons, etc.) and have our 3 year old open it and have her shout out what it is!

13. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@Leialou: I am definitely in a belly band! I am almost 12 weeks and have already put on a good 5 pounds. later in the evening, after I have eaten dinner, I have a pretty good sized bump! It's undeniable!

14. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

EDD: Going with 10/7 for now...
    How far along: 10 weeks (1 day?)
    First, second, or third child? age gap? Second, and they will be just over three years apart.
    Next appointment: 3/23 for a weigh in due to too much weight loss, 3/26 for NT scan, and 3/30 with my OB to go over results
    Worst symptom: Fatigue, I think? I can't tell if the nausea is pregnancy or because I was sick.
    Who have you told? DH, our parents and siblings, someone I was supposed to start working for, and a cousin!
    Boy/girl prediction: We think boy just because of how different this pregnancy has been from my first!
    Are you doing a big reveal? Nothing planned so far. We will be holding off on announcing for quite awhile as far as fb and my extended family goes.

@Leialou: Definitely thicker in that area (despite above mentioned weight loss), but only DH and I can really tell. It's crazy because last time I didn't show til well into the second trimester, and could hide it into the third!

15. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

EDD: 10/16
    How far along: 8 weeks 6 days
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd. DS will be 2 1/2 when this baby is born.
    Next appointment: 4/1 and then NT scan 4/7
    Worst symptom: nausea, bloating, acne
    Who have you told? Our families and a few friends
    Boy/girl prediction: this pregnancy has been very different from my first, which makes me think girl.
    Are you doing a big reveal? Probably not

16. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

EDD: 10/17
    How far along: 8 weeks 5 days
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd and will be 2 1/2 years apart
    Next appointment: 3/16 for NT and labs
    Worst symptom: Night sickness and insomnia...miserable!
    Who have you told? A few very close friends, will start telling family and friends after next ultrasound and blood work come back
    Boy/girl prediction: Boy
    Are you doing a big reveal? We have family pictures coming up and plan to have the photographer take a picture of our daughter reading a big sister book and we will send that picture out...

17. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

EDD: 10/14
    How far along: 9 weeks 2 days
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 3rd, 23 mos between 2-3
    Next appointment: 3/30 for NT and labs
    Worst symptom: Nausea and fatigue... my first two pregnancies were not like this
    Who have you told? Nobody. Waiting for genetic screening.
    Boy/girl prediction: Girl, we have two boys and so far this is the first time I've had "typical" pregnancy symptoms
    Are you doing a big reveal? Not planning on it but that would be fun.

18. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

EDD: October 9th
    How far along: 10 weeks today
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd- They'll be 2 yrs and 3 months apart
    Next appointment: March 18th
    Worst symptom: exhaustion
    Who have you told? parents, siblings, close friends, and work. we'll probably tell everyone else after our March 18th appointment if things look good.
    Boy/girl prediction: not sure
    Are you doing a big reveal? No big reveal planned

19. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

Hey ladies! I put off joining until after our first ultrasound. It took us about 20 cycles and clomid to conceive and our first appointment went great! Baby is measuring right on schedule! So excited to go through this with you all!

EDD: 10/19
    How far along: 8 weeks 4 days
    First, second, or third child? age gap? First!
    Next appointment: 4/8
    Worst symptom: not sleeping well at all. Just a few hours a night for the past week.
    Who have you told? Our best friend couple
    Boy/girl prediction: I don't know! DH has said girl/she/her from the beginning.
    Are you doing a big reveal? Nope.

20. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Bea: congrats & welcome!

21. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

EDD: Haven't had a dating U/S, but guessing 11/2 (don't kick me out of the group! )
    How far along: 6-7 weeks
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd, 2y9m age gap
    Next appointment: 3/17 (Finally!)
    Worst symptom: tiredness... and not sleeping well.
    Who have you told? some random friends, HB. we'll tell our families next weekend assuming all goes well with our appt next week.
    Boy/girl prediction: no idea!
    Are you doing a big reveal? probably not! not sure how we'll tell our families.

22. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

Sorry guys. Rough week for me. I saw my OB on Thursday at 8w6d and they suggested that I be admitted to the hospital for hyperemesis. I was in for 24 hours and now I'm out. Good news, both babies are doing well. I'm back at home and so far keeping food down. Gotta keep on my meds and eat the foods the drs recommend.

I have to update the Oct 2015 list. I'll try to do it soon. Glad to see so many more Oct mommies!!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm sorry you had to be admitted, hyperemesis sounds so rough... but it is good that they are watching your hydration. Hope it eases soon, we are getting closer to the end of the first trimester. Glad your little ones are doing well.

24. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: that's such a cute idea for a reveal! Love it. I think we are going to reveal over Easter (if we get the results back in time) so trying to think of cute ideas!

@Bea: congrats!! Welcome

@bluestriped bee: oh no! Sorry you are feeling so sick! That sounds rough...I hope you feel better soon

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: ugh so sorry I have a friend who had a similar experience with her pregnancy...I hope it gets better for you!

26. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

So sorry to hear about everyone's terrible nausea

@natalie403: What did you end up doing for the announcement this weekend?

@Bea: Welcome! It took me 18 cycles to conceive my first, and with my second it was the first month

27. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Bea: welcome!

28. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @NovBaby1112: @Leialou: thank you all!!!

@shellio: thank you! And ummm wow! I bet that was a shock!!!

29. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@shellio: We ended up framing an u/s pic with a note that said "Can't wait to meet you in October Papa!" he was very happy for us! Then we passed it around to my siblings and nieces/nephews! Now we have to tell my husbands family

@bluestriped bee: I hope you feel better soon!!!

30. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I had my appointment this morning. I'm only 10 weeks so she said it's probably just early but she didn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler. I also had some slightly heavier than normal spotting on Saturday. I have an ultrasound at 1:30 to check on things. Luckily I have a friend who's taking LO and DH is coming home to go with me just in case. The doctor thinks it's all probably fine, just early. If you could send good thoughts anyway that would be appreciated! I'm pretty nervous and on edge now.

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: thinking of you, hope everything is fine! I know its hard not to obsess about the type of spotting. Mine kind of came and went a couple times (maybe due to a check by the ob) but it was all from the same original bleed. Also I had an appt at 9w5d and we just did an ultrasound because my OB said it would be too early for the Doppler, and 10 weeks isn't far off from that.

32. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@BelugaBean: Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way

33. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @natalie403: Thanks. Logically I know it's early, emotionally I'm worried.

34. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@BelugaBean: thinkingand praying that everything is ok! fWIW I had a really hard time last week finding the heartbeat with my Doppler and I was 10 weeks...I think it's still pretty early. Fingers crosssed you get some peace of mind at your US

35. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@BelugaBean: hoping everything is ok!

36. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@BelugaBean: Praying for you and baby! Hope everything checks out to be perfect!

37. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@BelugaBean: Hope your appointment goes well! Finding the heartbeat with a doppler this early is really hard

38. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

Thanks everyone! Heartbeat is 169 and baby is measuring 9 weeks 5 days (I'm 10 weeks, 1 day). The slightly smaller size plus the fact that my uterus is super tilted is what led to the heartbeat being undetectable! Here's the little baby!

39. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@BelugaBean: Oh I'm so glad everything is ok!!!! I was hoping you would update us when you found out

40. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@BelugaBean: glad everything checked out well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee