Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@Bea: @natalie403: Yes to cereal - it has definitely been a staple during my pregnancies!! For some reason it almost always sounds great. In the 3rd tri of my last pregnancy it was all I had for dinner almost every night. By evening I just had no appetite, nothing sounded good. Except those delicious flakes

2. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@natalie403: I found it for the first time at 8w6d and then couldn't find it again for a few days. The baby is so little and so low at this point it can be really hard to find.

3. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA - life has been crazy around here (dd is on a nap strike) but I've been reading along! I hit 12 weeks this week and my nausea had been subsiding, thankfully.

EDD: Oct 3
    How far along: 12w
    First, second, or third child? age gap? 2nd child, they will be exactly 2 years apart
    Next appointment: March 25th
    Worst symptom: All day nausea and overwhelming fatigue
    Who have you told? Everyone at this point...my belly speaks for itself haha
    Boy/girl prediction: I have NO idea! Maybe boy only because my pregnancy has been so different this time? We will be so it will be a while before we find out
    Are you doing a big reveal? We did a Facebook reveal, it's less awkward for me if everyone just knows!

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: my 2.5 year old goes on week long nap strikes and then the next day Bam, 3 hour nap. She seems to be going through a week on, week off, nap strike thing, and makes me think no naps are in the nearish future. Hope it passes for you soon!

So excited and nervous for tomorrow! I have my 12w NT ultrasound with MFM, hoping everything goes okay!! I had my blood drawn last week, so the DR will be able to tell me my odds of everything at the actual ultrasound, which is nice.

5. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: exciting!

6. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@NovBaby1112: good luck tomorrow!

We've had a pretty scary afternoon. I had a huge gush of bright red blood and it terrified me. I was able to find the baby's heartbeat right away on the doppler (thank god for that thing!!) and that was definitely reassuring. I called the on call nurse and she said as long as the bleeding had stopped, to just call the office tomorrow and schedule an ultrasound and if the bleeding continues, to go to the er. So far there hasn't been any more bleeding, so I'm really hoping I can get in for an appointment tomorrow. I'm thinking it might have something to do with what my OB saw at my last ultrasound. He wasn't sure if it was a vanishing twin or a subchorionic hematoma. Either way, I know I'll be pretty nervous until I see this little baby on another ultrasound.

7. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: oh no, how scary! At least you were able to hear the HB though...I would definitely want to get in for a US tomorrow though just for reassurance! I bet you it was a SCH- I had a small one showing on my 8 week ultrasound and my dr said to not freak out if I started bleeding, bc it was probably that. They either bleed out or get reabsorbed by your body I guess. Goodluck tomorrow and I hope the bleeding stops for you!

@hilsy85: thanks!

8. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NovBaby1112: good luck tomorrow!!

@jodyblair: oh no!! I hope you have an easy night and can get in for an US tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you, keep us posted !

9. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@NovBaby1112: @Charm54: Thank you. I'm trying to be logical about it and know it's probably just the SCH and hearing the baby's heartbeat is a great sign. Still nerve wracking though!

10. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jodyblair: if it helps, that sounds like exactly what happened with my SCH/vanishing twin thing around five weeks. Glad you can hear the hb! Bright red blood, even knowing you have a reason for it, is scary.

11. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@jodyblair: sounds like you had a subchorionic bleed! I have quite a large one still, and my OB keeps telling me "you might see some major blood, but it's likely just you passing this clot!" Glad you had the doppler!

12. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@jodyblair: I hope everything is ok

13. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I got in for an ultrasound this morning and baby looks perfect! The tech said it definitely looks like a subchorionic hemorrhage. I'm so glad they were able to get me in and everything is ok.

14. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@jodyblair: that's great!!

15. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@jodyblair: great news! Glad everything was ok.

16. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@jodyblair: Oh that's great news! How scary, glad everything is ok.

17. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

The diclegis/zofran combo seems to be working. I wake up, take a diclegis and a 4mg zofran, take another dose at 3 pm, then a double dose of diclegis and a 4mg zofran at bedtime.

I'm eating every 90 minutes. Still bland boring foods. The other day I had one bite of pizza and thought I was going to lose it. Thank goodness for graham crackers and rice a roni!

Last night was rough. As ya'll know zofran constipates you like crazy. The ER doc told me to take a dose of miralax everyday. Well I took a dose on Thursday and thought I was going to die from the cramps. So I took another dose yesterday and 3 hrs later I was crying the pain was so bad. I'm going to try working up to a full dose and figuring out what bland fiber I can add in. Any thoughts on combatting the constipation?

18. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babybronco: glad the nausea is a little better, but constipation sucks! Are you drinking enough fluids? And what about colace? I think any constipation remedy probably takes a few days to really start working regularly unfortunately

19. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: so happy everything was okay!!

@babybronco: that sounds just awful I think lots of water, prunes, fiber rich food, and some meds should help, but might take a few days!

Just got back a little bit ago from our NT scan. Everything looked great, risk of 1>10,000 for downs and trisomies. It was so awesome seeing the baby looking more like, well, a baby! I had my blood drawn for the harmony test- results take about 10 days or so!

And just for fun- a pic! I think s/he looks like my DD

20. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@jodyblair: I'm SO glad everything is ok!! Wonderful news!

@NovBaby1112: You just got me so excited for my NT scan next Thursday!!! It's the day before my 30th so I just feel like it will really put me in a happy place going into this "milestone" year What a great pic!!! Congrats

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: Ah so cute! I love that you can start to make out their features now. Glad you had good results!

@jodyblair: What a relief!

As for me, had my first regular, run of the mill prenatal appointment today at 11w5d. Heart the heartbeat for the first time (although we've seen it on u/s several times.) It was around 160.

22. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@natalie403: what a great bday present! so excited for you for next week!

@2littlepumpkins: thanks! Glad you had a good appt today too- love hearing the heartbeat!

Is anyone else having terrible insomnia? It's been just awful lately and I am having so much anxiety before bed, thinking its going to be another bad night. I'm trying to think of anything I can do to help- maybe some calming tea tonight?

23. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: I had insomnia a week or two ago and my doctor told me to take Unisom. I did the same thing last time and it did help to an extent. Hopefully you can sleep soon!

24. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@jodyblair: So glad your appointment went well!
    @NovBaby1112: I love the little profile picture! So cute!

@2littlepumpkins: I love hearing the heartbeat! So exciting!

25. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: @BelugaBean: I keep waking up at 4 and havjng a hard time falling back asleep. This morning I made it til six though! I will try the unison if I get really desperate but between all the supplements and probiotics I'm on, and medications I've taken, I'm trying not to throw anything else into the mix.

26. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: cute! So you'll know the sex very soon. That's so exciting!

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and have my next appointment a week from today. I can't wait! I'll hopefully be scheduling my NT scan for sometime next week.

I confirmed that my mom and MIL will be visiting the last weekend of April today. DH and I are going to surprise them and take them to an elective ultrasound place where we'll all find out if I'm having a boy or girl!

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@BelugaBean: I'll have to try some unisom if this doesn't get any better...so tired during the day

@2littlepumpkins: yes this is exactly what happens to me- waking up at 3/4 and can't fall back asleep....sucks!

@Leialou: that's so exciting! What a cute way to find out

28. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: aw great news! And what a good pic!

I also had my Panorama test done today, so we should find out around the same time!

Had an u/s today (abdominal, not trans-vag, woo hoo!) and baby looks great. It was moving around SO much--the OB was like, "you're in trouble with this one!". I have my NT scan scheduled for 4/6, but will get the panorama test results back sometime next week.

29. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@NovBaby1112: Ugh yes to the insomnia. I fall asleep fine and sleep well until about 3:30 when I wake up to go to the bathroom. Then there's no telling if I'll fall back asleep again. So frustrating.
    @Leialou: What a fun way to find out!
    @hilsy85: How exciting you'll get to find out the gender soon.

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: eeek exciting! so soon! I can't wait to find out. Are you going to have them tell you over phone or have them write it down so you can find out w DH? Too funny about baby moving around so much- ours was pretty active as well, took awhile to get all the measurements!

31. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: ha is it wrong I didn't even think about waiting to find outwith DH? I will probably just find out over the phone and maybe then surprise him with some colored cookies or something?

32. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: hehe nothing wrong with that! That sounds like a good plan....not sure what I'll do yet...was kinda hoping to find out w everyone at Easter but I don't know if I'll be able to wait!!

33. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

hey ladies. glad to see all of the wonderful ultrasound stories and such.

10w 4d and I'm still fighting wicked all day sickness that just keeps getting worse. Diclactin is not helping at all so I'm struggling to get through each day right now.

April 1 u/s and I can't wait...I've already told a ton of my family and we will tell the rest over Passover and Easter.

34. Mrs. Pickle

October 2015 Mamas
    September 27: Rainbow Sprinkles (#3)
    October 1: daymare (#1)
    October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: leialou (IF #1)
    October 8: 2littlepumpkins (#2)
    October 9: cranberry (#2), renee0106 (#1), 2littlepumpkins (#2)
    October 11: belugabean (#2)
    October 12: treytonsmom2011 (#2)
    October 13: babycanuck (IF & #1)
    October 14: natalie403 (IF & #1), shellio (#3)
    October 15: hilsy85 (#2), JustJules (#1)
    October 16: jodyblair (#2), bluestriped bee (IF #1 w/ Twins)
    October 17: babybronco (#1), mrsjenbug (#2)
    October 19: Bea (#1)
    October 20: JessKass (#2)
    October 21: Glimmersnaps (#3)
    October 22: NurseDMB (#2)
    October 25: Willow (#1)
    October 27: Mamabolt (#2)
    October 28: Snickers (#2)
    November 2: birdofafeather (#2)

Next appointments
    3/25: Charm54
    3/26: 2littlepumpkins
    3/28: Treytonsmom2011
    3/30: rainbowsprinkles, leialou, shellio
    3/31: Willow, babybronco
    4/1: babycanuck, jodyblair
    4/2: natalie403, Hilsy85
    4/7: bluestripedbee
    4/8: Bea
    4/13: belugabean

35. Mrs. Pickle

I went through and updated our list the best I could. If you see any mistakes feel free to post a new one with the corrections or I can edit it.

36. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Leialou: Thank you for updating! I never posted it but my next appointment is April 13.

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Leialou: thanks! So I actually switched my 3/25 Appt to today so my next one is 4/2

38. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Leialou: thanks for updating the list! I threw up my anti-nausea meds again. Wondering when I'll feel well enough to take them.
    Oh, my next appt is 4/7 with the MFM.

39. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@babycanuck: I would call your RE or OB and see if they can give you something else. Hope you feel better soon.

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Sick again. (Not m/s, like fever, pain, etc, what sent me to the hospital last month..) ugh. Feels like I can't catch a break. Hoping I can stay hydrated and temp under 101ish... I do not want to be in the hospital again.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee