Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Ugh, just found out that I tested positive as a carrier for this random metabolic disorder...now we have to get DH tested, but we don't actually know if it's something they can test the fetus for. If they can't, I don't know that there's a point in him getting tested, since it wouldn't really give us any additional information...It's very rare, about 1 in 50,000-100,000 people worldwide have it or something like that. Of course I had to be a carrier!

2. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: oh no, hope you feel better soon! Being sick is the worst, esp when you have a toddler.

@hilsy85: ugh, I'm sorry! So if your DH tests negative for it, does that mean there is no chance the baby can have it, or there could still be a chance? Were you tested for all of that stuff with L? I think I remember being tested for stuff with M, but I don't know for certain so I need to check.

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: if he tests negative, then there's no chance baby could have it. If he is positive, there is a 25% chance. I was tested for a lot of stuff with L, but every year they come out with new stuff. I guess this is a new test?

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: ah ok that makes sense...I would def have DH get tested then, bc chances are, if it's that rare, he will (hopefully) not be a carrier too!

5. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

Hi mamas, sorry I've been MIA around here, I've been lurking but can't work up the energy to post on my phone. I'm 9w today, feeling tired but overall not bad. Had first OB appt last week but it was just an intake and loads of bloodwork. I have another OB appt scheduled for April 9 when we will hopefully hear the heartbeat, and then NT scan scheduled for April 16. Looking forward to getting past those appointments and being able to be out at work and tell the rest of our family and friends.

6. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Leialou: They moved my due date to Oct 20! 2 days before DHs birthday

7. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@babycanuck: Have you tried Diclegis? How about Diclegis AND zofran? The combo is seriously the only thing that keeps me feeling semi normal. I had/have terrible MS and had to go to the hospital. See if you can get a combo of both drugs! Worked for me. Good luck!

8. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Oh you poor thing! Feel better soon.

9. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

10. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@Leialou: Thanks for updating the list!! And for the bump thread What a fun surprise you have planned for mom and MIL!

Does anyone know how the results from the genetic screening arrive? I assumed they would mail them to you, but it sounds like you could get them over the phone? I was thinking about doing something cute with just DH and my kids for the gender reveal.

11. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@babybronco: I'm on diclectin but the problem is I can't even keep that down, let alone anything else I see the doc in a week so hopefully she has some ideas. Today is the first day in a while I haven't puked in almost 24 hours...

12. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@shellio: my sisters doc called her w the results, so I guess I'm just expecting the same? I will prob call in a week to see if they have them yet, and have the nurse/dr call me when they come in.

13. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@hilsy85: I hope your DH's results come back negative to give you some piece of mind!

@shellio: I just got my results at my next Ob apt but I wasn't learning the gender so there was nothing really pressing to report.

14. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@shellio: my dr said that she will call me with the results.

Dh got blood drawn today so fingers crossed he comes back negative!

15. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@NovBaby1112: @Charm54: @hilsy85: Thanks! I'm actually much more anxious about the trisomy screenings than the gender. Glad to hear they call, that's probably faster than waiting for snail mail! I'm hoping to sit on the gender results for a while but don't think DH will stand for it

16. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@hilsy85: FX everything works out for the best!

@Leialou: thanks for updating the list!

17. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

DH and I had to mail in our saliva to counsyl to find out what we are carriers for. I also went for bloodwork yesterday so I would guess that would be gone over at NT scan since they wanted it before it.

Does anyone else find their sore boobs has decreased? At the beginning of mine they were quite sore... I think maybe once I stopped the endometrin it may have decreased and I didn't notice til now because they are just kind of tender to touch now... I am guessing these kinds of symptoms probably fluctuate? I'm at 11w mark today. Just curious if others had this happen??

18. Mrs. Pickle

@natalie403: Yep! I think the soreness decreased around 9 weeks for me. Now they are just sore to the touch and they look different.

19. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Stupid stupid question for some of you....have any of you used pedialyte freezer pops for yourself, not for kids? I'm trying to figure out how to get my electrolytes back and popsicles are basically the only thing I can handle right now.

20. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@babycanuck: I haven't! But my DH always used them in high school and college if he ever had a stomach bug and couldn't keep anything down. Hope you feel better!

21. Mrs. Pickle

@babycanuck: I haven't, but that sounds like a good idea!

22. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babycanuck: not stupid!! I was thinking about doing this but since getting sick/feverish a couple days ago I've been drinking pedialyte mixed with water which my dr recommended. Fever finally seems to have broken. Go for it!

23. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@natalie403: mine aren't really sore at all anymore. They are bigger, but the soreness has faded.

@babycanuck: I haven't used them before, but I bet it's a great way to stay hydrated!

24. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Leialou: Thanks that makes me feel better I guess a lot of symptoms probably change going into 2nd tri?

@NovBaby1112: Mine are definitely larger, I just remember when I would get up from laying down it was VERY apparent how sore they were lol and the past 2 days that hasn't been the case!

25. Mrs. Pickle

@natalie403: I think so! I definitely feel different now than I did a few weeks ago. I've heard they call the second tri the "golden trimester." I hope that's true!

26. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Thanks everyone. The re wants me to go to the hospital to get checked out for dehydration and then will get some of those freezies

27. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@babycanuck: OH you poor thing. I've now gone a week without puking. But today I was about 45 minutes late to take my pills and my stomach decided to rumble in an unfortunate way. Luckily I caught it in time.

Last night I ate a semi-normal dinner and it was wonderful. I really hope you get some relief. Getting fluids via iv (including potassium) really helped me, it allowed me to slowly start to eat again. (Now I can't stop eating chili cheese fritos). Fingers crossed for you!

Oh and I mix pedialite in with juice! You can't taste it.

28. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@babycanuck: i would also try coconut water frozen for electolytes

29. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@babycanuck: My ob suggested Gatorade Popsicles. I really feel for you, I was so sick when I was pregnant with my daughter. It really wears on you!

You ladies are hard to keep up with! I've been so exhausted- balling with my daughter and crashing at 7:30/8. I can't wait for the second trimester. I'm not as sick as I was with my daughter, but still nauseous for most of the day and throwing up at least once a day. My 19 month old likes to stand outside the bathroom making retching noises while I throw up, so that's fun....it sounds like a lot of you are starting to feel better. I hope to join you soon!

I can't believe how big I look already. I'm only like 10.5 weeks but definitely have a bump.

30. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@JessKas: @birdofafeather: @babybronco: Thanks!

I went to the local hospital like my RE suggested, they did put me on a drip of saline because of dehydration. They gave me zofran for the nausea (why didn't my RE give me this stuff?? it's gold) so the ER dr gave me a script for it. They also found out I have a UTI, which according to him is common when your uterus is putting more pressure on your urinary tract, so I'm on horse pills for that four times a day check in with my GP on Monday for culture results.

Just praying that this whole nausea thing is almost over. I can't handle it anymore.

31. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@babycanuck: No one gave you zofran? oh honey I'm sorry. One warning, up your fiber! It constipates me to all heck. The ER told me to take a dose of miralax a day to help with the constipation. I've taken half a dose (a full dose hurts) every day all week... still nothing.

My MIL thinks i have a bump. I think it is just crackers and constipation! (10w2d).

I hope you feel better soon! Which zofran did they give you? I'm on 4mg of the dissolvable every 8 hrs, miracle drug!

32. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@babybronco: 8 mg every 12 hours, but they only gave me 10 pills, so i'm using them sparingly. Funny but the penicillin for the infection they said would "soften" my movements...so far I've been okay but we'll see what happens. I'm praying that if I take my insurance papers with me next week that the RE will let me go on short term leave.

33. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

So although I haven't had my 12 week scan to make sure everything is okay, I reached out to a newborn photographer to book her. I want to make sure I can get her because I LOVE her stuff.

34. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@babycanuck: You are so ahead of the game!!! That's awesome!! I haven't thought that far yet lol! (though I'm guilty of planning the nursery on a secret pinterest board the past 2+ years....)

Guysssss I found the baby's heartbeat on the home doppler last night!!!! It took awhile but it kept picking up mine instead and we finally found it I was so happy and relieved. It was hard going weekly at my RE to nothing! This will hopefully hold me over til my 12w NT scan next week

35. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@natalie403: I have had a secret pinterest board for well over a year and an unpublished babylist list for about 6 months now...

That's so awesome about the doppler. Was it expensive? I've been tempted to buy one but i'm worry i'll stress myself out if i don't hear anything

36. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@babycanuck: Pinterest is perfect for that!!! My girlfriend who went through infertility had it already for her pregnancy and let me have it for mine. I think it was about $30-40? I watched tutorials on youtube and understood that this early it's quite hard to find and a lot of women say they find it one day and not the next so not to stress out cause it's tricky doing it at home!! I just kept telling myself that and took my time with it. Knowing other women who had babies had difficulty kind of helped I think! (and I'm a VERY anxious person lol!) We tried 3 other times this week with no luck and just kept trying each night til we found it. Now I will just use it in the pregnancy whenever I get anxious probably

37. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@natalie403: what brand did you get?? I want to check it out

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@natalie403: that's awesome you found it! I love hearing the HB

Guys, Gap online is having a good sale until noon today- 45% off everything. I just got 2 pairs of maternity jeans/pants and 1 shirt for $18!

39. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@babycanuck: I googled quick and I believe it looks like the "Sonoline B Ultrasound Fetal Doppler." She said it was around $35 I thought but that was almost 2 years ago, looks like it around $45 now. I think it's worth the price to have that little extra peace of mind for me!!!

40. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@natalie403: booooo I checked a couple of Canadian websites and it's well over $125 CAD. Will keep looking and thanks!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee