Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: yay so glad everything is ok!

2. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@BelugaBean: yay! So glad everything is ok and you got to see the baby

3. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Had my first appt today which they called "pregnancy confirmation" and was different from my last practice. I had an U/S and got to see the little sac/blob but it wasn't transvaginal so I couldn't see much. I was hoping they would do measurements to give me a better date but she didn't and guessed I was maybe more like 6-7 weeks rather than 7w1d. I have another appt in 4 weeks and they'll do measurements then although I don't know how accurate it will be at 10-11 weeks! I did get to hear/see the heartbeat, so that was rad because I didn't expect that! We'll tell our parents soon but honestly, other than being SO tired, I'm not feeling pregnant so it's kinda surreal. I was hoping this appt would give me more answers so I could know exactly how far I was, start making plans, but now I feel like I'm kinda still in the outside looking in if that makes sense. I hope in 4 weeks things will become more clear. It will be a bummer to think I'm 11 weeks and then have them tell me I'm 10! Adding another week of pregnancy! But then I will be able to make more plans regarding work.

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@birdofafeather: sorry your appointment didn't go as you expected.. But I think that's good you got to hear the heartbeat at least. Hopefully you're more close to 7 weeks so you won't be too let down at your next US!

Don't want to jinx it, but this first trimester seemed to have flown by- can't believe I will be 12 weeks on Monday! at this point I'm just ready for everyone to know- im sick of trying to hid my increasingly growing bump! Planning on telling everyone after our US on Monday.

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@NovBaby1112: I feel like it really dragged by for me! I'm 11 weeks today. I think I'll really be able to breathe after my appointment on the 30th. After losing 1 baby I'm a little on edge until I get to hear the heartbeat. I hope they use a Doppler at 12+6!

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: ugh that's annoying they couldn't give you a more definitive date, but yay for seeing the heartbeat! And I hear ya on the fatigue!!
    @belugabean: so glad everything is ok!!
    @NovBaby1112: I am only 10 wks thurs but I also think it's gone by fast, I think bc I had more appts this time around.

7. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Spent all day in the ER yesterday to get some fluids. Anemic and my potassium was low. Home now, doing much better. I'm so thin (I've lost 8lbs). Doc tried to hear the heartbeat (I'm just 9 weeks) and couldn't find it. I have a super tilted uterus, so neither of us was concerned.

Graham crackers, gatorade, apple sauce, crackers and zofran from me! (the under the tongue Zofran tastes horrible but seems to work way better than the pill).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

8. Mrs. Pickle

I'm stopping my estrogen and progesterone meds! I've been doing twice daily injections since the second week of January. I'm so glad to be done! I've got to get my blood drawn once more next week to be sure my body is doing what it's supposed to. I really have to trust that everything is going ok now. Maybe I'll get some feeling back at my injection sites.

9. Mrs. Pickle

@babybronco: that sounds rough. I started feeling better towards the end of week 10. I hope you do too.

10. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@babybronco: I am so sorry, poor mama. That sounds beyond awful. Hang in there....we're rooting for you.

Have you ever checked out helpher.org? It might be a good resource for you during this time. Also, a chance to connect with other mamas who are going through the same thing. Even though it won't make you feel better, maybe some true commiseration could help, at least emotionally?

11. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@Leialou: Yay for being done with the meds! What a trooper to give yourself shots every day.

12. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Yes. It is a great site. I'm afraid they are leaning toward me having a case of HG.

Thanks for the encouragement all!

13. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@babybronco: I HOPE that's not what it is, but it sounds like it might be.

14. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@birdofafeather: what is that? I'm sorry you have to wait all that time!

@Leialou: congrats!!! Does it feel more real in a way now?

@babybronco: gosh I am so sorry you're having such a rough time with m/s. Here's hoping you have the worlds easiest newborn to make up for it.

15. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@birdofafeather: I'm sorry your appt didn't go how you wanted it to I hope the next one gives you better answers!!

@NovBaby1112: I couldn't hold it in any longer from my family, I told them right before 10 weeks! Gotta tell my in laws soon now too! Holding it in was torture lol.

@babybronco: I hope you feel better soon! That sounds horrible!!!

@Leialou: Congrats on finishing the meds!!!!!

16. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@babybronco: oh no! You poor thing, that sounds truly awful I hopeyou find some relief soon!

@Leialou: yay for no more meds! i can't even imagine, I hate shots!

@natalie403: I've told my immediate fam (mom dad and sisters) but dying to tell DHs fam and our friends! Soon enough!

17. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babybronco: so sorry I hope it eases at least a little bit in the coming weeks!

18. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@babybronco: hang in there! Praying for you!

19. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

How is everyone feeling?

I'm about 10 weeks and doing fine. Not sleeping well so naturally I'm more tired. I've been fortunate to have little to none morning sickness--I had a few days of it but switched from taking my vitamin with my breakfast to taking it right before bed and that seems to have taken care of it.
    BUT when it comes time to eat absolutely nothing sounds good. NOTHING. Thinking of having to eat kinda make me miserable. If I put off eating that is when I start feeling a little queasy. Any tips for this or anyone else dealing with this?

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

I'm feeling okay as long as I eat something like every 2 hours if I go awhile without eating, I feel super sick! Everything sounds good to me lol, so not much help there! Not sleeping well at all- I have been waking up really early unable to fall back asleep so come 6pm I am just exhausted.

I know its early- but anyone thinking of names yet?? Boy names are soooo hard! I can't wait to find out what we are having just so we can focus on 1. We have a girls name picked out we both love (Evelyn) but boys are tough for some reason. We have totally opposite tastes I guess.

21. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@Bea: I'm feeling about the same as you. 8.5 weeks along, and just switched to taking my prenatal before bed a few days ago. That's definitely helped with the queasiness. The foods that appeal to me are becoming less and less. I'm having a hard time finding snacks to keep me full throughout the day- trail mix, crackers, and cookies are all off-putting
    I've been spotting for the past week, which has been worrisome. However, I don't have any cramping, my blood work came back fine, and my cervix is closed, so hopefully everything is alright.

22. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@NovBaby1112: We have had a first name picked out for each gender for the past year. I really hope we still like them in 7 months because we do not agree on most names.

23. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babybronco: So sorry you're having to deal with this! I hope it gets better for you soon!

@Bea: I've mostly just been tired. I'm about half and half with what sounds good and sometimes things sound good for a few days and then I can't stand to eat them. I'm hoping the food aversions settle down soon because it makes it hard to plan meals and I don't really look forward to eating most of the time either.

@NovBaby1112: Boys names are hard for us. We have a definite middle name for a boy since it's DH's dad's name (he passed away when LO was 2.5 weeks old). I think we have a probably first name now too and we've pretty much settled on a girl name. I just want to know though!

24. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Bea: 10 wks today and so tired! Nausea hits some nights around 6 and I end up skipping dinner. Otherwise ok.

Not even thinking of names til we know the sex! (Which should be in about 2 wks hopefully!)

25. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: we have a boys name and girls name picked out! I can't wait to know which one I get to use. We were having a hard time coming up with a second set, but don't have to worry about that now.

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: I like it! Our girls name is Cecelia(/Cecilia?), which we considered for dd. Backup is Julia. boys name is after our dads. His dad's first name (he passed a few years ago) then my dads (in another language) then he would have an "ethnic" name of MIL's choosing from her heritage (dd does too) then last name. Any of our kids would have MIL choosing their second middle name to follow what we did with dd. Although hopefully we have a healthy lo in there and this will be the last.

27. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Feeling okay! Just hit 10 weeks and hoping for nausea and exhaustion to improve as we get into second tri pretty soon.

We have a few potential girl names. Can't even bring myself to attempt naming a third boy - the boy names are so much harder! We'll find out in about 3 weeks with the genetic screening, so exciting!

28. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and I've been feeling much better this week! Only a little nausea here and there and much less tired. Of course it made me worry, but I was able to find the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. I love that thing! As far as names go, we're pretty set on a boy and a girl name, just not sure yet on the middle name if it's a boy. Good thing we've got plenty of time

29. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: love that name! So pretty.

Glad to hear I'm not the only crazy one thinking of names! can't wait to find out! Hopefully in about 2 weeks too!

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: I love the Doppler too...trying not to over use it, maybe every couple of days, but love having it around for when I am feeling worried.

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@shellio: @NovBaby1112: ah, jealous you'll be finding out soon!!

32. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Bea: I have been in the same boat... cereal has been one of the only things I have been able to eat ok! Also saltines with peanut butter and pb&j sandwiches. I am also at 10 wks! Maybe try some of those?? Even if they didn't sound appetizing I was able to eat them ok!

@NovBaby1112: I always find boys names so much harder!! I love Evelyn that was my grandma's name

@jodyblair: you were able to find it on the doppler at 10 wks?? My friend gave me hers but I always assumed it was way too early to try!!!

33. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Does anyone feel MORE nervous as we get closer to the second trimester? I'm 11w2d and I feel like now my hopes are higher for this pregnancy to be healthy and normal since we've made it this far.. But I know we aren't yet out of the danger zone. I have two appointments this coming week (a regular and one with the tech for the NT scan) and I'm getting SO anxious.

34. Mrs. Pickle

@2littlepumpkins: I know what you mean. I'm so nervous now! It will be 3 weeks between my last RE appointment where I found out I lost a twin, to my first OB appointment. It's too long of a wait and I'm going crazy.

35. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I also know what you mean! I have an u/s on Monday and am on pins and needles...I think once that happens, I will be ok waiting til my next appt on 4/2...I know the odds of m/c are very low once you see/hear a hb, but it does happen

36. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I would have been more nervous but the ultrasound tech told us yesterday that we can announce. Granted, DH asked her and what she didn't know was that we already told people. She probably thought we haven't told anyone, which isn't true. So because of that DH and I are a bit more hopeful. She said the twins are growing (exact same size) and heartbeats are strong and both were moving. But my sister's m/c at 11 weeks still makes me a bit cautious, but at the same time, I want everyone else to know. Right now, I'm staying tight lipped but it's getting harder and harder each week. Maybe I'll let the DH tell a few more people. Maybe that will help him wait 2 more weeks until we are at 12 weeks.

37. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@NovBaby1112: we have a boy named picked out (it's been our boy name for a year) but nooooooo idea for girls. We have 2 girls already and have used our favorite girls names up!

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I feel like I've relaxed a bit since I'm close to 12 weeks, but then I start to get nervous about other stuff, just hoping my NT scan and blood work comes back okay...it's hard to not worry!

@natalie403: boy names are so hard- no clue why!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: yea that's tough! Your girls have such beautiful names too!

39. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@NovBaby1112: We have two sets of names on our list and some contenders as backup. Definitely thinking of more names as of lately.

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Leialou: my appointment on Monday will be two weeks from my last (and last u/s.) I wonder if that's why I'm so nervous. I had so much going on in the earlier part of this trimester that I was getting checked on all the time.

@hilsy85: good luck Monday!

@bluestriped bee: that's great that you got some reassurance! I saw your other thread... Have you decided what you're going to do?

@NovBaby1112: true!! Last pregnancy I was more confident everything was ok. I never even googled all the different trisomies (except D.S.) A few days ago I was definitely reading up on all that stuff. I need to stay off google!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee