Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Shooting my second to last wedding today and then heading to the coast for our babymoon tomorrow. So thankful for my mom and her willingness to hang with DD! Excited to put on some cold weather clothes since it was 99 here yesterday but it's gonna be a high of 70 at the coast. Yay!!

2. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@birdofafeather: enjoy the vacation and cooler weather. It has gotten cooler here now and I love it!

3. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

A friend of mine posted this link to Facebook earlier so I wanted to share for anyone further along that wants to see if it'll jump start things! I'm trying to hold on a bit longer but I may try it after 39 weeks if I'm seeing no progress!

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a29385185/must_read_labor_inducing_exercise

4. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: enjoy the babymoon! It is also much cooler here finally, and I am loving it, except that none of my maternity pants are comfortable. So leggings it is for the next few weeks!

5. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@hilsy85: mine don't fit either! Leggings, skirts, and dresses for me for the past few weeks. And I had such a comfy pair of dress pants too.

6. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@BelugaBean: I'm 40+6, I'm doing this tomorrow morning.

7. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hellobeeboston: Definitely report back to let us know if it helps! Fingers crossed for you that you won't even need it though!

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@hellobeeboston: omg I didn't realize you were so overdue! How late was J? Has your dr talked about when she would induce? I hope baby decides to come soon!!

9. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@BelugaBean: lol, I will

@hilsy85: I went into labor the day after my due date with J, so this is getting nuts! I have an US & appt Monday and we will talk 'next steps' at that point!

10. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

I can't imagine going past 40 weeks, I'm 37 weeks and miserable!

11. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hellobeeboston: I hope he comes out soon!!!

12. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@BelugaBean: definitely tried this this morning. I only made it through 2 sets before getting pretty out if breath. Lol. We'll see if it starts anything but I'm not holding out much hope.

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hellobeeboston: hope your baby is here soon!

Lo has a cold and I'd actually like to make it through one more week of preschool transitioning if we can...but on the other hand I feel exhausted and like I have no idea how my body is even going to make it through l&d. This is not how I hoped to spend the last week or two.

14. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hellobeeboston: How are things going?

I just had my 38 week appointment. I'm now 1cm with no real other changes besides irregular contractions. LO woke up at 5am and has a sinus infection but wants to go to swim class this afternoon so a nap is probably out. The midwife said it could be tonight or still a couple of weeks though but she did fee a contraction while I was there.

15. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Had my 39 week appointment this morning. All the midwife said was baby is low. Still haven't had contractions and they don't do cervical checks. She said at 41 weeks is when they would talk about options, but she said most babies are born by the time you get to 41 weeks so hopefully that will be true for me!

She suggested evening primrose oil capsules orally and vaginally at this stage of the game just to help my body be prepared. Although she did mention again that raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil won't induce you, just help your body be ready. Still coughing up a lung over here, but I think the cold is shifting and should be gone by this weekend I hope.

I have started making freezer meals. The first was soup! I also need to put away the baby stuff I washed over the weekend. I'm getting excited even though it may still be a few weeks away.

16. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@BelugaBean: 41 weeks today....just got back from the doctor and ultrasound - baby looks great, plenty of fluid, movement, etc - and I'm 3cm now! yay. i was 1cm a week ago, so the cramping & pressure is something at least. I'm really hoping to go into labor in the next couple days, but we're going to schedule an induction for Thursday if not. i'm hopeful he'll come in the next day or so!

17. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I can't believe there weren't any supermoon babies! I feel like someone should have a baby this week. There's a lot of early October due dates.

@Mrs. Goose: what kind of freezer meals are you making? I browsed some recipes but am feeling so indecisive and lazy about it.

@hellobeeboston: I hope you go into labor before Thursday!

My mom is coming to stay with me Oct. 3-18th. So starting on Saturday I'm going to try every old wives tale to naturally induce labor there is. I'd love for the baby to be here for most of my mom's visit. I'm drawing the line at castor oil though. I don't think that's for me.

I'm starting to get a little anxiety about labor and things going wrong. I feel like I've been surrounded by negative stories about moms and babies these past few days and it's messing with my mind.

18. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I understand that nervousness. I am with you there! Today I made a soup with orange lentils, butternut squash, onion, garlic, sweet potato, carrots, and a regular potato. When it is done cooking I just purée it all because I like smooth soup. I froze some in containers and some in cups so I can pop them out and put them in a bag once frozen-a Pinterest individual serving storage idea! I have some lentil chili in the freezer. And I made this stuff called Cajun tofu today (I am a vegetarian) which is just a tomato-based sauce with some peppers and onions and tofu. All super easy and freezer friendly. My other food plans are: broccoli/cauliflower in a cheese sauce or macaroni cheese and a quinoa casserole-those are very easy too and there are tons of variations on Pinterest-Mediterranean, pizza, spinach and artichoke. Yum!

Let's get on with these babies! I feel like @hellobeeboston: will be next!

First day of no work and now I am pretty tired. I think I tried to do too much organizing. I forget how pregnant I am while trying to do stuff.

19. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: same, I feel so exhausted lately....like first trimester exhausted

@BelugaBean: ugh the irregular contractors are the worst- hoping I've made some progress at my appt on wed but not holding my breath

@Mrs. Goose: interesting about the evening primrose oil, going to look into that!

@hellobeeboston: yay! Here's to hoping he makes an appearance in the next couple days!!

@Mrs. Pickle: I'm in a similar situation- my mom is coming out the 6th-13th so I'm feeling under pressure to get this babe out before or right around the 6th!! Also going to try lots of the natural induction stuff on Friday...

20. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@NovBaby1112: it softens/ ripens (the term ripen for your cervix is just weird to me) your cervix she said. It either has the same stuff in it as a hormone your body makes or it stimulates production of the hormone prostaglandin. She just said it would make things a bit easier and also if you have to get induced it makes it easier for that too (that is from my reading online). Lots of info online it seems. I think some people use it to try to induce labour, but I think it would only help things along if your body was ready, for example if you were already dilated. That's just my guess though.

21. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Goose: yay i hope you're right!
    @Mrs. Pickle: ME TOO.
    @BelugaBean: by the way, I totally did that silly 'dance' around the house this weekend. It was hard, haha, my legs were burning! I ended up doing more walk/lunging and ballet-style pliés haha. my husband and son laughed at me

22. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

It's almost October, you guys!! Can't wait to meet all the October babies! Has it just been me and Rainbow Sprinkles so far with babies?

23. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Goose: def going to try that! Thanks for the info!

24. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: I think so! Cranberry mentioned the possibility of being induced a week ago, but she hasn't posted since. She could have her baby now.

Every day at work my boss asks if I've had my burst of energy yet. So far I've been content to be lazy. Today I wrote a list of things to do before Saturday and am scrubbing kitchen appliances. Maybe that's what she's talking about?

25. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: Oh, I hope Cranberry checks in soon. haha. Scrubbing the appliances? Do you do that on a regular basis or is this chore nesting?

26. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: it's definitely not routine. I can't remember the last time I did that... I should probably be embarrassed admitting that!

27. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I agree! I totally thought we'd have some babies this weekend. Maybe this week! I hope your LO decides to show up when your mom is here! And I was SO nervous about labor before LO1, just because I had no idea what to expect. This time, I'm more just wanting to get it over with.

@Mrs. Goose: That reminds me I need to do some freezer stuff for LO1 to eat while I'm in the hospita/when I first get home.

28. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Me too! I think it's strange that we haven't had any more October turned September babies in general! I wonder about cranberry... Hope you are able to relax and your lo comes with good timing for the visit... Also, I'm super lazy right now. As in, forget freezer meals, I've already stopped cooking.

@bluestriped bee: How are you and your los doing??? Been thinking of you!

29. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: no judgement here. I didn't scrub my oven until I moved out of my apartment. 😬

I clean the outsides fairly regularly but not the insides.

@2littlepumpkins: We are 'good' as good as it can be with twins. Tired but I think the DH and I are working on getting some sort of routine down.

30. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I haven't had much time to post, but I just want to let you all know that I've been following this thread and staying updated on all of you as you near the end. I am so excited for all of you to have your babies on the outside, and I hope you all have smooth deliveries! Good luck!

31. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

Well I didn't make it to October. Was diagnosed with gestational hypertension and since I was over 37 weeks --- we got to meet our darling son. We can't wait for big sister to meet him tomorrow. We couldn't be more in love!

32. Mrs. Pickle

@mrsjenbug: congratulations!!

33. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@mrsjenbug: yay!

34. BSB

@mrsjenbug: Congrats!!!

35. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@mrsjenbug: congrats!!! I'm so looking forward to the moment when DD meets this baby. Hope you have an easy recovery and can enjoy some sweet snuggles!

so today is my due date and no sign of baby. I'm anxious to go to my apt tomorrow and see what the Dr has to say. I was a week early with DD so I (and everyone else) just expected I would be early with this one again. So it sort of feels like I'm over due! In my mind I never even considered the possibility of an Oct baby, I thought for sure he/she would be here mid-end Sept!

Im trying to focus on the positives of still being pregnant (sleep, relaxation time, 1 on 1 time with DD) but I'm getting REALLY anxious to meet this baby. I guess I will have more info tomorrow.

36. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrsjenbug: congrats!!!

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Charm54: I feel like this is totally going to be me, especially since my dr put it in my head that I will go early--I bet I will totally be late now. I hope your baby makes its appearance soon!

38. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Charm54: hang in there. I was due 8 days ago, still no baby... But I have to say these 8 days have FLOWN, and I've been in good spirits spending some great extra time with LO.... I'm evicting Thursday if nothing happens before. I can't believe I might have an October baby when I was due 9/21!!
    @Mrsjenbug: congrats!!

39. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@mrsjenbug: Congrats!

40. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Charm54: I've been so prepared to go early this time since DS1 was early and now I'm worried I'm going to be in the same position you are! It has never occurred to me until recently that it's very possible this baby could be born past my due date

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee