Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Boston terrier mom: I took it two weeks ago, so I was 18 weeks. My understanding is that it develops as a reaction to the placenta so it doesn't happen till later. So if you tested early you might not have it, but could still develop it later. Which is why I'll need to take it again.

I think the main reason they wanted me to take it early was to see if there are still signs of it from the last pregnancy or even if I've developed actual diatribes at this point.

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@cnidaria: was it a full previa, partial previa, or just low lying placenta? At my anatomy scan with DS2 I had partial previa, but it resolved by 24 weeks I want to say. It usually resolves if it's partial or just low lying placenta. As for single umbilical artery, I have had a few friends w/ this and while it means extra monitoring, they had no issues.

3. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@winniebee: I'm not entirely sure, the midwife was just summarising the report for me over the phone. She said the report mentioned the placenta was covering the os so I'm assuming complete? I did read a study today that said quite a high percentage of complete previas resolve as well (not as many as partial, but still a good number of them) so I'm hopeful for now.

4. Boston terrier mom

coffee bean / 40 posts

@cnidaria: I had previa with my first and it was resolved by 30 weeks but he was also breeched. Sometimes the two can be related.

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@cnidaria: *hugs* Hoping it resolves over the coming weeks.

I had up all night cramping ALL EVENING yesterday (panadol and a warm bath didn't help) and it's still here today.. freaking out a bit and debating calling OB. Gross jelly discharge too.

6. winniebee

I can't get an appointment with maternal fetal medicine (geneticist and ultrasound) Until June 2. That's more than a week away still. This is just unreal. Tying to stay positive but not flipping out is virtually impossible.

7. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@jaguar: Thinking of you and your little lady. 💗

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: Have you had enough water to drink? When I'm dehydrated, I cramp a ton. The discharge is really icky too, but I generally have a lot anyway. Praying for you and little miss!

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@winniebee: Breath. I know it's hard (totally been there) and it will be here soon with answers. It's a week from tomorrow, so not too far away at all (so glad you aren't having to wait six weeks).

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: @MrsRcCar: Thanks guys. I must have drank 2-3L of water overnight and nothing helped. Can't stomach food this morning (not nauseous but my stomach feels completely gross with these cramps) and they are getting me in. I feel like a hypochondriac, but I'm just nervous...

@winniebee: *hugs* I wish they could see you earlier. x

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@cnidaria: I am sure all is well! Prayers!!

@jaguar: I've been feeling that way latley, I think it's braxton hicks and maybe not enough water, I've been bad with my intake!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: prayers!

13. winniebee

@jaguar: it never hurts to be seen if you are nervous. Hope all is ok.

14. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

A little list of questions re: baby showers!

Having a shower/sprinkle?
    Date?
    @ what # of weeks?
    Saturday/Sunday?
    Start/end time?
    Type of place (home, restaurant, clubhouse, etc.)?
    How many attendees?
    Theme/colors?
    Where registered?

Getting things lined up for ours with the help of baby 's 3 grandma's. I'm a former event planner so naturally I end up doing most of the guiding when it comes to plans. Keeps them from stressing and it's 2nd nature to me.

Can't wait to read your answers!!!

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Thanks everyone!

Had a quick scan and turns out that baby has turned BREECH and has her bum over my cervix right now (hence all the pressure/cramping!) Georgia was always transverse or head down, so I have no experience with the breech position - is this something I need to worry about, or is there still room to move? (I'm almost 20 weeks.)

He's going to get me in to measure cervix every fortnight just to be certain, lots of mucus internally but no reason to be concerned in his eyes. Glad I went in!

I had a little shower with G, so I don't think I'll get one for this baby.

16. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@jaguar: I had my us last week and was breach, but my doctor said there was still plenty of time to turn. Hopefully that's what happens for both of us!

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@waiting4you: I had two showers with H and I'm having another girl, so I will probably not have a shower or a sprinkle.

@jaguar: H was breech at 20 weeks but ultimately ended up head down. There's still tons of room to move right now so I wouldn't worry about it.

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: Glad all is well, I think there is still time to move for sure!!

@waiting4you: Since this is baby #2 and only 22 months after DD I am not expecting one or throwing anything! We have most items and plan to buy crib/stroller!
    Obviously since it is a boy we need clothes and I know our families will LOVE to shop for him!

19. winniebee

@jaguar: that's a relief!

20. winniebee

@waiting4you: this will be our 3rd boy so no shower. Sprinkles aren't done much in my beck of the woods so I doubt I will have one either.

21. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@waiting4you: Since we are on girl #3 I am not having a shower/sprinkle (and didn't last time). I had 3 separate showers with #1, one at work, one with family in my hometown (mom's friend's house) and one with friends in the town I was living in at the time (friend's house). All were fairly small.

@jaguar: I think around 32 weeks is when they start to worry about babies being breech.

@winniebee: hope this next week goes quickly for you.

22. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@waiting4you: LO #1 for me and long-awaited so I'm having a shower. I don't like being the center of attention so I will "suffer" through this one (said tongue-in-cheek). I never had a bridal shower or anything like that so this will truly be a first.

It will be Saturday, July 23, not sure what time of day. My mom and sis are throwing it in my hometown in the home I grew up in so I have to fly there. I will be 29 weeks (OB doesn't have a problem but I'll get travel insurance).

It will probably be a low-key thing but I'm letting them do all of the planning, so I have no idea on colors or themes. We are TG so probably lots of colors or just neutral. They know not to embarrass me or make it tacky so I'm sure it will be pretty simple. wink: For the shower, I'm registered on babyli.st but I'll probably do another one on Amazon for BF supplies, baby monitor and other things I want that I don't expect anyone to buy for me. My babyli.st list had like 1000 things on it so I need to go through and narrow it down and make it less ridiculous before invited get sent.

23. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: So glad that's all it is and there is plenty of time for her to right herself. She's just exploring and preparing for life on the outside! (Watch out, mamma!)

24. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@winniebee: Yikes. Just read your update from a couple days ago. Sending all my good thoughts, vibes, prayers, etc. your way. Hoping this is just a false alarm. So sorry you're having to go through this after everything else.

25. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@waiting4you: it's my second so no shower for me but I just threw one at my house on Saturday for my sister who is 30 weeks. We did 11 am on a Saturday and served lunch. We didn't do a theme because she was anti anything overly cutesy. We just decorated in greens and whites with lots of lush flowers. She had about 20 attendees and registered at pottery barn kids, Amazon and buy buy baby. We had people bring a children's book instead of greeting cards to help stock her library.

26. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

@Shantuck: beautiful shower and you have a beautiful home from what I can see. while I completely trust everyone to plan everything for me, my mom can't help but want to run every single detail by me..which is sweet.

Here's another question..anyone taking on any projects before baby arrives? Knocking down walls? Home additions or renovations? We have 4 bathrooms in our home only one of which was updated. My hubby decided that because it was the bathroom closest to baby's room that he wanted to redo it now so there would be no dust and noise once she's here. Yes, he took the only updated bathroom...and DESTROYED it. I know he'll finish it somewhat quickly and it'll be beautiful but it's a bit terrifying in the meantime! Said he wanted her bathroom to be perfect for her when she arrives.

Before and after....Eeeeek!

27. winniebee

@Shantuck: thanks. I know you know the feeling, but I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop this entire pregnancy, and feel like this has to be it.

28. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@winniebee: I'm so sorry you have to wait so long to be seen. I hope that somehow it goes by quickly for you.

29. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@winniebee: I do, which is why I hate that you are going through this. The waiting is horrible and yet that is all you can do. I read your other thread and I was encouraged that many others have had similar things happen without real issues. Hoping there is some other explanation. My test is next week and I hadn't really thought much of it but now I'm realizing this is yet another area where things can go wrong...

30. winniebee

@Shantuck: That's just it. I was completely blindsided by this test. Took it since it's routine and didn't give it a second thought. I obsessed so much over the maternity21 test and little did I know that wasn't the one to worry about. In the end, I know it will be ok either way, but it's just such a blow.

Thanks everyone. I'm sucking the life out of this thread and I appreciate the positive thoughts and comments

31. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@waiting4you: Dude, that's amazing! I wish we could do that in our bathroom.

Projects: I need to rent an air compressor and finish painting my kitchen cabinet doors (I started last year...). I also want to sew a new roman shade for their shared room and new curtains because I hate the current ones so much. I'd also like to repaint, but I don't think that's going to happen because H likes to sleep in her room and nowhere else.

Also, I am still battling ants in my kitchen. We've tried poison. We've tried ant traps. They keep coming in different places. I'm afraid the nest is in the wall.

32. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@winniebee: Sorry, lady. Hang in there! Do not worry about being a debbie downer. You're not. Pregnancy (and getting to pregnancy ... and the aftermath of childraising) is not a walk in the park so no use pretending it is all rainbows and sunshine.

I share your hyper-concern, having taking a ton to pregnant and then also being AMA. Your experience is making me wonder if this a test that they haven't done on me or if they did it and all was well. I had a bunch of blood drawn at 12w or so. They only tell me when something is of concern... I did have the a/s which we passed just fine, so at 21w5d maybe I'm past this point?!

33. winniebee

@Amorini: It's a blood draw done at 16 ish weeks, so it would have been separate! Typically any abnormalities are picked up on the anatomy scan, so I'm sure you are fine. I haven't had mine yet.

34. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@waiting4you: In March, we moved into our new-to-us house -- a 1950's mid mod that a talented interior designer formerly did up to the nines. So... thankfully no huge demo and renovations to do on the inside the house. Some big projects outside however ... gardening, pruning, clearing and putting up fences and gates. Inside, we have just a bunch of minor yet important things to take care of ... organizing, new lighting, getting our little guesthouse fitted out for long-term visitors (in-laws) once baby arrives! If we have any spare cash (haha), I'd really like to get our patio decked out with some comfy new lounges ... I can see wanting to spend time some newborn days out there. We'll see what happens out of this laundry list!

35. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@winniebee: Okay - well, I'm sure I'll find something else to worry about! Hang in there and hopefully you'll have some fun things going on this long weekend to distract yourself.

36. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@waiting4you: our goal is to move into a new house before the baby gets here, but as time goes on it gets more and more unlikely... So we'll see!

37. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Talk about pregnancy brain... I completely forgot to put a bra on to come into work today!! Thankfully dh was at home and able to bring me one an hour into my work day. Still.... Yikes!!

38. waiting4you

apricot / 344 posts

@Miss Ariel: lol...why can't there be a "like" button life facebook on here?! That's too funny. I've had a few random ones here and there too. Went to my car to grab a sweater when we were out to dinner since I knew I had one hanging up. Went out, took sweater off the hanger and started walking back in with the hanger..not the sweater. Ooops! Hubby caught me and started cracking up.

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: That is what these threads are for!!!!

@Miss Ariel: hahahah love it

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Miss Ariel: LOL. That is something I would definitely do! Luckily, I have a little person around reminding me to put my bra/shirt/pants on (seriously, she yells at me to put pants on before I get her in the mornings).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee