Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@cnidaria: Congrats!

@jaguar: Thanks for checking on us. I'm still quite pregnant over here--39 weeks today. Not a single sign that anything will happen anytime soon, but who knows. It was the same with DD, and then my water broke and I had a baby. Ha!

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mfa_lady: same here both babies

3. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

After 2 days of contractions ramping up and then subsiding they finally got regular enough early this morning to go to the hospital and baby boy came a few hours later. Everyone's happy and healthy and big sisters were excited to meet him.

4. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Maysprout: congrats!

5. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

So it looks like I'll officially be getting induced tomorrow at 40 weeks and 4 days. I'm still hoping to not have an epidural like last time, but we'll see how that goes with pitocin. I know wthat the dd everything with her birth went just the way I wanted, so it isn't too surprising things are different this time, especially considering how it's felt like everything that could go wrong has in the past few months. Hoping for the best though!

6. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Maysprout: Congrats!!!

@Miss Ariel: Good luck!

7. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Maysprout: yay, congrats!

8. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@Miss Ariel: exciting! Wishing you the best tomorrow!

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Miss Ariel: Good luck and best wishes for a smooth induction!

@Maysprout: Comgratulations!

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Maysprout: Congratulations!

@Miss Ariel: Best of luck, mama!

11. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

I feel weird today. I think I'm probably being paranoid because my BFF who was due the week after me had her baby this morning, but I just don't feel quite right.

It's like, nothing's WRONG but I just feel off. No contractions, no pain or anything, just weirdness. Haha. Anybody feel me on that?

12. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: i hope it is something!

13. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: Me too! Due date is still 5 days away, so not getting too hopeful...but I'm at the office today and tomorrow and working from home after that, so getting close to game time.

14. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: I think having your water break at work sounds like a great way to say goodbye to the office.

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@whiskers: @mfa_lady: My pregnant coworker really wanted her water to break on one of the new chairs at work so that nobody would take it away from her lol. I hope this is the start of something!

16. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: @avivoca: Hahaha this is all my coworkers' worst nightmare. All the men in the office keep asking me if I "have a plan" for if something happens at work. YES. THE PLAN IS TO LEAVE, OBVIOUSLY.

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: One of mine said they would need to follow me around with a trash bag in case my water broke on the stairs or something. I told them I had it covered, I was wearing a pad.

18. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: YESSSSSSSS. That's what they get, right?! For saying crap like that? Like, no, I've not thought of a single thing I would do if something happened at work. COME ON PEOPLE. (Bring on the angry pregnant-lady capital letters. Haha.)

19. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@mfa_lady: I hope it means something! You never know

Welp, I'm officially at 40+1. Had my first cervical check today (ugh, not pleasant!) and was barely dilated. Although, my OB encouraged me not to read into that - I could go into labor at any point regardless and all women are different. However, if I don't have the baby in the next few days, they'll give me the option to induce at 41 weeks. They normally wait until 42 weeks but since I'm about to turn 35 (on Saturday! I am coming in juuuust under the AMA cut off) they're willing to do it sooner if I'd like. So, we'll see. Tick tock, little guy! I'll admit, it feels really good to have an "end" date. But I'm still crossing my fingers things get rolling before then

20. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I had an unexpectedly stressful and annoying 38 week appointment today. I went in and assumed I'd be in and out in 20 minutes like I usually am. They did my blood pressure and it was slightly high for me (though not high) and my fundal height was measuring small. The doc ordered an ultrasound and all looked good with the baby. I left the doctor's office and was getting in my car when I get a call from my OB asking me to come back because the radiologist looking at my images wanted more measurements of my amniotic fluid (ultrasounds freak me out after going in for one in December to find out i had a blighted ovum so my mind goes to a bad place). I went back and again everything seemed ok but they wanted me to do a non stress test to monitor the baby's heart rate and my contractions for awhile. Because the baby kept moving, I ended up needing a nurse to wait with me and move the heart monitor. I was there getting various tests for 4 hours today only to find everything was fine. Glad I finished working last week since clearly I would have had very little time to work today!

21. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@TapDancer: I hope things start on their own soon!

@Shantuck: I'm so sorry! That sounds like it was really scary/frustrating--and for no reason, thank goodness. Glad everything turned out okay!

22. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

I had my 39 week checkup today (39+3) and was 3cm (or a "tight 4," she said, whatever that means) dilated. She didn't mention effacement, so my guess is close-ish to what it was last week (60%).

I saw my midwife after I saw my OB, and when she was feeling around for baby positioning, she said "Well, you're going to have to stop contracting for me to be able to feel her." I thought that was just the baby pushing on me--you'd think I"ve never done this before!--but I guess I'm having contractions. Ha.

I have been crampy since the appointment and had a little pink/red discharge a few minutes ago, but those things are likely because of the cervical check. Who knows, though--hopefully baby girl won't take too much longer!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee