Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 POAS

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@skinnycow: wow that’s SUPER positive! Maybe you’ll O on CD11?! I forget, what are your cycles normally like?

2. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@QBbride: No kidding! Good thing we BD last night and today. I wasn't going to start OPKs until tomorrow but took one on a whim.

Pretty normal cycles usually - 28 days with O around CD13-14.

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@skinnycow: good timing!! If you get another one or two times in, you’ll be golden! Even if you don’t... great timing!

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: that is SUPER positive! Glad you got some BD in already with more to come. Is your ava on the same page as your OPKs?

5. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: I actually stopped wearing it this month. I don't feel like it was predicting my cycles correctly and it was just another data point for me to stress about. I'm sure I'll regret it in the TWW when I'm trying to over analyze everything.

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ok so it's only CD10 and now I'm really confused. Started out with an abnormally short menses... didn't make too much of that. Started checking OPKs with the CB Advanced Digital and for the last 2 days have been getting "high" blinky smile rather than low. But this morning I awoke to for now what I will call spotting - but it was pretty substantial - and if it happens again throughout the day at all, I think I'll have to call it light flow, as that's more accurate. I did have cramps just before this that felt very typical of AF, but then I have the OPKs that are on the rise....?

7. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@skinnycow: oh, wow. That's really positive. My OKPs have been so faint these past few days and I'm cd 12 already. It's about time for them to get darker.

I think that OV is getting closer though, cm started looking promising yesterday.

And on a completely unrelated topic (because there isn't too much going on TTC-wise at the moment), we have the pope visiting today. The mass is starting right now and a part of the city center has been roped off for security reasons and last weekend we had a light festival, where I took a few blurry pictures.

Is there anything interesting going on around you guys?

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: wow that’s a blazing positive!! And great BD timing too. Ahh good luck!!

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: Those pictures are awesome! I am admittedly a history nerd, and am always a little sad that the US doesn't have the history that Europe does. Our "old buildings" aren't all that old in the scheme of things.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I've never had any amount of flow when ovulating but I have had heavy spotting leading up to O. With the way your temps are headed, I imagine you'll bottom out in the next day or 2 for O.

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@skinnycow: wow, definitely positive! I was cd9 yesterday and had tons of EWCM, so I was afraid I was going to O really early too, but my OPK was negative. Going to take another today just to make sure, and I have a follicle scan tomorrow

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: so strange! Can you go in for a scan earlier than you’re already scheduled one so that you can see what’s going on? Or maybe blood work?

13. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

I’m going to roll over onto nov poas probably because my cycles are so long usually so I’m waiting to o now, day 15 and still negative opks, last month was CD 17, and we’re not trying yet.

But, question: for opks do you need to hold urine at all or worry about urine being diluted? I know it’s not recommended to take them first thing in the morning, but just want to make sure I’m using them correctly.

14. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Petitduck: I think you’re supposed to hold your urine for a few hours if possible.

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Cd 10 and pretty darn close to positive. I’m glad I go for an us tomorrow, I never o this early, so I’d like to see what’s happening

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: interesting... but you and I are both coming off of weird months prior - so who knows! I’m interested too to see what your us shows tomorrow.

I reached out to my RE this afternoon to ask about how irregular my cycle has been and they said they might add blood work on Friday.

On a bright note, DH, DD and I are going camping ⛺️ tomorrow night at a site right on the Chesapeake Bay. It’ll be nice to get away before the weather gets cold and everyone is indoors all the time. I think I seriously have seasonal affective disorder in the winter. Thank goodness for Christmas 🎄 or it’d be 5 months of blah.

17. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@LAZB: eek that is super close! Good luck at your u/s tomorrow!

@yellowbeach: have fun camping! I’m jealous!! It’s too cold here now

18. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Hi everyone! I need to get caught up on the board, but I'm so stressed and thought today might be the perfect day to join this cheering section.

Cycle Day: 19

TTC Cycle: close to 3 years

Ovulation Date: Our egg retrieval was 9/21

POAS Date: AF would arrive on 10/2 or 10/3, so I'll probably POAS then. I normally wait for AF and don't POAS, but I know I can't wait for the beta draw phone call!

Baby #: ONE!

Anything exciting happening this month: Oh gosh, IVF has been plenty for one month! This is our first round. We retrieved 6 eggs and after 3 fertilized, we learned that a portion of my eggs carry a genetic structural anomaly that prevents fertilization. DH also has fluctuating motility (sometimes great, sometimes not). So after 3 years of TTC, it turns out IVF is our only chance at this without just getting lucky. We have 1 embryo that has survived to today—Transfer Day!! I am excited and terrified at the same time and after so much trying and so much time, I am so scared that it won't work. But today we have a "beautiful" embryo according to the dr, and I'm going to try to concentrate on that. Transfer is this afternoon!

19. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Just finished my us, had one follicle and it’s 24, so I’m going to trigger today! Glad I came in today instead of tomorrow!

20. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Welcome and good luck today!

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Us tech just told me I actually have 2! One is 17.6 And the other is 24

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@foodiebee: good luck today!

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Cycle Day: Haven't started yet, FRER @ 13 dpo due to start September 28
    TTC Cycle:19 (6 Clomid Cycles, 1 Femara, 2 Femara left, then IUI I guess or embryo adoption)
    Ovulation Date:October 11 or 12
    POAS Date: October 21/22?
    Baby #: 2 (Son is 2 1/2)
    Anything exciting happening this month: Not really, I'm just tired of trying honestly, but too stubborn/crazy obsessed to quit.

24. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: bummer, I really root for you every month. I would be discouraged too, I am actually.

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: Thanks lady, I hope your pretty follicle from today is your sticky baby.

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@foodiebee: eek! So exciting! Congrats on being pregnant until proven otherwise

@LAZB: wow two follicles!! Will the smaller one be mature enough that it could turn into something??

@Sams Mom: I replied in the Sept thread but I’m sorry about your BFN

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@QBbride: I think so! I think my doc triggers at a minimum of 18 usually, but other docs will do 17. I’m more hopeful for the big one though

28. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@foodiebee: @LAZB: Exciting news, good luck!

@Sams Mom: Sad (and selfishly a tiny bit glad) to see you here. High hopes for October!

I'm cd 15 today and I think my OPK was positive yesterday so OV will probably be today or tomorrow.

29. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@LAZB: Good luck to you too! I was never able to get my follicles to 24--go you!

@Sams Mom: I didn't realize you'd done so many rounds of Clomid/Femara. The most uncomfortable I've ever been was on Clomid, so I feel for you, doing that round after round.

@QBbride: @paranundrum: @skinnycow: Thank you so much!

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@foodiebee: lol, thanks! I was supposed to go in today for the us, but I went yesterday since my kids were at school and I didn’t have something going on like I do this morning. Glad I did, or this cycle might have been a bust! I hope both follicles had mature eggs release. I don’t want twins, but I like the better odds

31. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: Sorry about the BFN

32. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm feeling good about timing this month - we've been a little off the last couple cycles. I got a positive OPK on CD9 and we BD CD8-11 and will probably throw one more in either today or tomorrow.

33. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: You are definitely covered!! Hoping this is your month.

34. lioness21

coffee bean / 25 posts

Hi bees! I'm new here and wanted to join this board even though DH and I are between NTNP & TTC, I hope you all don't mind! ☺️ Since it's our first month not preventing, I just wanted to let nature take its course without using OPKs, temping etc.

Cycle Day: 22.

TTC Cycle: First cycle.

Ovulation Date: Unsure, as I've been having wonky cycles, I had some spotting on CD16 that I can only guess to be ovulation spotting so I will say anywhere between Sept 15-17.

POAS Date: If AF doesn't arrive, then I'm going to try hold out until 5th Oct.

Baby #: 1!!! 😃

Anything Exciting Happening This Month: Well, I'm on a 10 day holiday from tomorrow, and it's our first month NTNP/TTC, so there's a lot to be excited about 😃

Baby dust to you all! 💖

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@foodiebee: yea, I did two rounds of 50, one of 100, three of 150; then I switched to femara this cycle @ 2.5. if I'm not pregnant like it appears to be, I'll get two more of ? dosage and then off to IUI? But I think we might skip that and just save money until we can adopt embryos.

36. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@skinnycow: great timing! Hope this is it for you!!

@LAZB: good luck! I have a good feeling about you this cycle.

@lioness21: welcome!

AFM, nothing new to report. I’m CD6 today so will start OPKs after the weekend. There’s an acupuncture place close to my house I was thinking of trying out but it would be hard to get in next week because of my work schedule. I might just wait until next cycle (hopefully there won’t be a next cycle!)

37. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@lioness21: Welcome!

I'm cd 16 today and I'm pretty sure OV was yesterday. FF hasn't confirmed it yet, but I got a positive OPK on cd 14 and this morning I had a temp shift.

I'm already feeling hopeless about this cycle, because we were able to BD only on OV-3 and OV-2. We have had no luck with way better timing so I'm feeling pretty bummed.

38. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@paranundrum: That’s a nice temp spike!

I’m confused this morning about my OPKs. I have been taking both CBAD and Wondfos and for the past 3 days my CBAD has read high. Now today again it’s back to Low. Wondfos have all been negative. I took it out and if anything the two stripes look more alike than they ever have, just both are lighter. Is this a faulty test maybe?

39. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Cycle day: 0 (AF due tomorrow)
    TTC Cycle: 2 if you count since we started trying again after our last loss, 14 if you count from when we first started trying.
    Ovulation date: ~Oct 12
    POAS date: Oct 25
    Baby #: Would be our first child, but we have 2 first trimester losses under our belts (1 mc, 1 ectopic)

40. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@yellowbeach: I have never been able to understand the lines on a CBAD. But I have had times when my readings were high, then low, and jumped to peak the next day, so you never know.

@paranundrum: Some months are easier than others, but you never know!

@QBbride: I'm curious how you found an acupuncturist that you trust. Every time I google it for my city, I end up with around 3 to 4 listings, and all of them seem sketchy. I can't find anyone who's used them and it's made me cautious to go in blindly.

AFM, we're on day 7 of PIO shots and they're making me so sleepy. I've been yawning nonstop for the past couple days. We're trying so hard to distract ourselves from the TWW, but it's a lot harder than it was before IVF.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee