Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 POAS

1. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

I wish my body just would send me a text to let me know if I'm pregnant. I've been trying not to stress cause I'm only 9 dpo but I dont think this is my month. My boobs dont hurt anymore and I feel normal now. It was probably progesterone yesterday.

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@cyoung: Man that would be amazing if there was an app for that!

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Remember the conversation we had (with Sam's Mom) about the popup OV and Pregnancy timer a few months back?!? ... I think I like this app idea a bit better! 😁👍 Besides, where would the popup pop out of?!?!? 🤔😒😶😂 Great idea, @cyoung!

4. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Kaohinani: glad to have you back and feeling better!

As for me, I’m officially out this month. AF showed up this morning bringing along an emotional, hormonal morning. Ugh.

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: Thank you, hun. I appreciate it. I missed everyone on here. I am sorry you are out. 🙁 When/if you would like, the November board is open and would love your company if/when you are ready.

6. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@paranundrum: thank you!!

@creativemomma15: sorry about AF

@cyoung: aww don't stress! but i'm all for that app. i would also like one that automatically reads hcg levels without having to go in for blood tests at the dr office. maybe like a breathalyzer lol.

so this morning I had my intake phone call with the nurse to set up my first appt with the OB at 8 weeks (but I will actually be more like 5.5 weeks since I ovulated so late. ETA I called back and changed the date to 2 weeks later so it’s not a waste of time to do the first ultrasound too early). they're having me come in for labs but when I asked if hcg was one of them she said no! lol so I had her ask the OB to add hcg and progesterone to my lab order. this is different from my last pregnancy where I started off with the RE because I was on clomid so i was used to more monitoring. it's also a new OB because i moved. ugh.

7. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@starlitsky: that's exciting you got your first appointment!

Ladies I have a question. (I tend to have a lot ladies. I'm so sorry.) I feel like I'm driving myself nuts. My back has been hurting like AF is coming. It does that a day or two before. However I'm only 9 dpo. I'm crossing my fingers it's not AF. I dont have any tests till tomorrow. I took an opk for fun (cause why not). I didnt have a good hold and it's very dark. Not positive but dark. Any reason why it would be so dark? I'm trying no to get my hopes up.

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@cyoung: Yes, there are 3 reasons why a LH strip would read positive. (1) Your first LH surge never produced ovulation so you are facing a secondary (or tertiary) surge in the hope of eventual (late) ovulation; (2) LH surges before one begins menstruation; (3) an LH strip will pick up on HCG in one's urine. The last one is tricky, though, because by the time most people can receive a positive LH strip, they have already gotten a BFP on a HPT since HPTs "read" specifically FOR HCG. I hope my response was helpful and you get your BFP this month.

9. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you so much! I know I did ovulate for sure so that is covered. It's either the secound or the third option. I havnt tested since 4 am this morning and the back ache started late afternoon. So fingers crossed tomorrow or soon I get a bfp. We will see. If AF comes itll be alright.

10. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@cyoung: fingers crossed!!! keep us updated

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@cyoung: i took a couple opks when I knew I was pregnant and they were blazing positive. The test line stole dye from the control. So idk that an almost positive would indicate you're pregnant.
    But good luck! Fingers crossed you get a positive soon!

12. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cyoung: I’ve had a bad backache since about 9dpo and am pregnant! Good luck!!

13. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

Got a bit behind this thread with a couple busy days at work! FX for all those testing soon, and sorry to hear about the rough times some of you have had recently with crazy cycles and illnesses.

I'm somewhere between 5-7dpo and tested since I am 1. a POAS-aholic and 2. I have a dozen expired wondfos that I don't feel bad "wasting". Negative, as expected. I'll keep testing daily and have some OSOMs to use once I get to some more realistic dpos! Bring on all the sticks!

Anyone have fun weekend plans? We have kid sports this morning then a halloween party this afternoon, and tomorrow we may go hiking although its supposed to be frigid so I may chicken out. I don't like cold.

14. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@bananasareyellow: we are planning to chill this weekend and watch the game maybe.

I'm nervous guys. I gotta wait for my tests to come in the mail this afternoon. I'll take one then. I'm thinking it should be positive if I am cause of how bad my back was hurting last night. We will see. Send tons of prayers. If AF shows up then when I see my doctor on the 29th I'm going to take with him and see what he thinks.

15. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

We are planning on going to the pumpkin patch this weekend 🎃 and my son wants to have a play date with a new kindergarten friend.

16. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@QBbride: ah that sounds so fun! My parents just asked if my kids can have a spend the night party with them. So hubby and I get to have a date night.

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

No tests to look at this morning? I'm in POAS withdrawal

18. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@bananasareyellow: ooh can’t wait to see all the pee sticks! what are OSOMs?

@cyoung: can’t wait to see your test!

@QBbride: how are you doing? Did you set up your first appointment yet?

I’m on my way to get my first beta drawn! Kinda nervous bc I’m not sure if my tests are getting darker... will post some pics for you guys to analyze in a bit (ahem @yellowbeach 😜)

After that we are getting a flu shot for my 2 year old and then this afternoon we’re doing a play date with DH’s friend who has a 7 month old! 👶

19. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@yellowbeach: soon! I'm waiting for mine. They should be here soon!

I'll post it after I take it. Send prayers for me

20. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

My progression from 9-13 dpo... I thought the test would be darker by now?

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@starlitsky: These look great!

22. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: I’m doing well thanks! I got into both midwifery clinics so now I need to decide which one to go with! My first appointment with the first is Oct 31 and the other one typically doesn’t see you until 8-10 weeks so I’m not booked in until November 22. I was hoping to do the NIPT so I think Nov 22 is cutting it close for a dating u/s then bloodwork.

I used a midwife for my other two and lovvvve their care! But we moved cities and I don’t know which one is better, they’re both highly recommended! Maybe I will meet both and see who I click with. I’d LOVE a home birth but I don’t think my husband would go for it.

So hungry and so thirsty 24/7. Tons of stretching in my uterus too! Ouch!!

23. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: those are definitely getting darker!!! Remember HCG doubles every 48 hours so especially if you look at alternate sticks they look great!!!

24. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@starlitsky: Only the most sensitive pregnancy tests I've ever seen! You can buy them on Amazon. I had a chemical last year and there was a solid line with a blood hcg of 3!

25. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@starlitsky: those lines look lovely!!!!

26. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

I took a test and it's so hard to tell if it's an indent or a line. My phone over exposes the pics no matter what I do. Idk its probably an indent knowing my luck.

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

🚨🚨🚨 Beware FRER 🚨🚨🚨
    @bananasareyellow: You got me wondering with your mention of OSOM what test I’ll use come December. FRER have been giving terrible indents and false positives. For kicks (I still had two tests I don’t trust to use for real anyway) I took this one just now. There’s absolutely no way I am pregnant.

CYoung: I’m a FRER skeptic so I wouldn’t read anything into this test yet.

28. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@yellowbeach: yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I'm not believing it till my line is noticeable. I'm thinking I'm out. I start in a day or two.

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: well, looks like FRERs are out for me next cycle.

I looked up the OSOM tests on Amazon, and they're $50 for 25 on the ones I can get, which isn't bad per test, but more than I'm used to. And I don't know if I want that sensitive of a test in case of CP

30. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

Thanks for the reassurance ladies! My hcg from this morning came back at 157, now I just need to convince this OB that I’ve never met before to let me do a few repeat hcgs!

@QBbride: I think it’s a good idea to meet both! My first appt isn’t until 11/16 because I wanted to make sure it wasn’t too early to see a heartbeat.

@bananasareyellow: I hadn’t heard of these tests but I just looked them up on amazon and yikes they are pricey! Haha. Please post pics when you use them as I’ve never seen them before!

@cyoung: I feel like I kinda see something but I agree with @yellowbeach that FRERs have been kinda weird lately. Check out my progression, the weird 1/2 line from 2 days ago and then the weird dots in the middle of the lines on the one from yesterday! But fingers crossed you get a darker line in the next couple of days!! 🤞

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: looking good! It shouldn't be too hard to get repeat betas, it's not like it's any extra work to the OB, and the lab process stuff all day and probably doesn't care.

32. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

I took my last frer cause I said why not. It was with a 3 hour hold. Idk if it shows well in this pic. I've been so nauseous all day. It's very faint but even my hubby can see it. I think I need more tests to see for sure...I feel crazy but the line has gotten darker.

33. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@yellowbeach: I highly recommend osoms! When they have a line it's obvious. If you have to squint with an osom, it's not real. A+ from me.

@starlitsky: You have to buy in bulk so it seems pricey, but per test they are cheaper than frers!

@cyoung: I see that line! Frers have been dicey lately. I hope it's real! FX for you!

@yellowbeach: yikes that's horrible! What is up with the frers lately?!?

34. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: that’s true! Hoping the OB sees it that way too. Were you supposed to talk to your dr yesterday? How did that go?

@bananasareyellow: oh that’s a good point! I was only comparing them to the ICs I buy in bulk lol.

@cyoung: 🙏🙏🙏 are you out of tests?? You need more for tomorrow!

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: we threw all the things at it this month.

Provera for 14 days to stop this period and reset my cycle. A couple days after I stop taking the provera, I should start my period again. We upped my Femara from 2.5 to 5, CD 3-7. Then 2 dpo I start taking Prometrium 3x a day for 16 days or until 10 weeks gestation if I get pregnant.

I get to start peeing on all the sticks at the end of November.

So I feel like I'm on a vacation because I get a 2 week "break" from worrying about anything while I'm on provera. I feel good about this, and already feel calmer.

But the provera (at least I'm blaming the provera) is making me sooooo sleepy. 😴

36. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: that sounds like a solid plan! yay that you feel good about it and get a 2 week break!! Have you been on prometrium before?

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: nope, I had a low progesterone level, so no ovulation. He says Prometrium could help and won't hurt.

38. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@starlitsky: I have more for sure. I'm taking one in the AM.

39. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cyoung: eeeekkkkkkk I think I see something

40. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

I woke up at 12:30 AM and took another. There is a faint line there. It's still early. I think I implanted not too long ago. Finger crossed guys. I'll test in two days to see if its darker

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee