Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Project 365 in the new year, anyone?

1. Mrs. Garland

blogger / apricot / 378 posts

Fun! I'll be following along with yours!

I'm doing a 365 project on Instagram, not necessarily to improve photography skills as I'll be using my phone, but I'm trying to focus on taking photos of something every day that I'm grateful for/makes me happy. Just trying to appreciate the little things more. I'm @loverenovations on Instagram.

2. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@Mrs. Garland: Yay - already following you on IG Excited to see what you're snapping (plus your little one is a cutie!

3. Mrs. Confetti

@Espion: Totally with you on weekly vs daily. I figure I'm going to aim for daily, but I won't beat myself up if it ends up being not quite as daily as I expect.

4. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mrs. Garland: Oh, I'll follow you over there!

I started a little blog for my pics. I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here, so I'll just add it to my profile if anyone wants to follow along!

5. Mrs. Confetti

@twodoghouse: just added you to my feedly you have the cutest puppy! (And son, of course. But ooooh cute puppy )

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I added the little moments ap to prompt me daily. We'll see how it goes. If you want to see pics wall me and I'll give you my IG.

7. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

I have a personal blog, which is basically the E show, so I can't imagine people outside of my mother and grandparents would be that interested, lol! I'll definitely put the pics on there, but does anyone use anything different that is relatively private? (I don't instagram, I forget why, but I found their whole set up annoying for some reason and deleted it off my phone.)

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Im in; 2ways2live at tumblr if anyone wants to follow along! I'm going to aim for every day but will be happy with anything. I'll be using iPhone or d5000 camera

9. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Espion: I'm on board for weekly photos too with my DSLR. The plan for now is a weekly portrait of my two LOs.

Haven't decided if I will post them to IG or my blog, which has been dormant for quite some time. I need to hurry up and get this week's pics taken!

10. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: I just bookmarked your blog on my phone & iPad and will be following daily! Your pictures are so nice!!! I want to use my DSLR more often instead of my iPhone so don't know how often I will post those pics to Instagram. Once a week seems like an attainable number. What is your Instagram name?

11. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

I'll wall anyone my blog who wants it, just keep in mind that it is nothing fancy and maintained basically for the grandparents!

@lamariniere: @Kimberlybee: I'm thinking of using Sunday as my cut-off each week. I figure that it at least gives me some latitude to choose a good picture each week!

12. Mrs. Confetti

@marionberry: I would love your IG
    @Espion: wall me your blog!
    @jetsa: following
    @Kimberlybee: my IG is _rachelclicks_ but I only use it for silly nonsense from my phone camera. Wall me yours if you use it for your 365

13. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Espion: wall me your blog. Mine is just a basic tumblr for the same reason

14. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@jetsa: Let me know if you get it! It looks like I can tag it as a private wall post, but I'm not sure if the gold thing is a two way street or not. (Would seem weird if you couldn't see it since it gave me the option.) If you can't see it, I'll just post it as non-private. Not *that* big of a deal. Does your tumblr have any pictures on it, or am I not putting in the address correct?

15. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

I think I'm going to try a once a week pic with my DSLR. I really want to use it more. I have been lately, and it's been fun taking pics of my daughter. She is easy since she isn't mobile yet... my toddler on the other hand. (sigh). I think I'll post it on IG. I better get moving on this weeks pic!!

My IG is katiekc if anyone wants to follow me.

16. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@lamariniere: Your pictures are amazing! Definitely one of my favorite Instagram feeds. I can't believe some of those are not taken on a DSLR. Thanks for sharing!

17. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Espion: That sounds like a good plan for Sunday cut off! I would love to follow your blog. I will wall you in a bit.

18. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@Espion: yes, I think Sunday will be my cut off each week too. Gotta get down to business today!

@Kimberlybee: thanks! Some of the pics I post on IG are DSLR, and I usually note it. The vast majority are iPhone pics though.

@mrskc: haha, I miss those days of having a non-mobile child to photograph.

19. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

I am doing one! What do you do when you miss a day? Just carry on and pretend you didn't?

20. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs. Lion: if I have a picture but just forgot to record it I go back and fill in blanks!

21. Mrs. Lion

@T.H.O.U.: I don't even have a picture! Maybe I will just try to do 7 per week haha. I am already missing one on day 3. Whoops.

22. Mrs. Confetti

@Mrs. Lion: I say just take two the next day. That is my plan for days I miss

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I'm not worrying about I figure as others as said I'll end up with way more than I would've this way so I'll be happy with that

24. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

Aaaaaand my camera broke.

I am really bummed, because it is an expensive camera (I've only had it two years!) and it was perfect for a fast moving kid. But the lens won't come out any more and the shutter won't open. I'll have to try for an iPhone pic or look to see if I managed any good ones before my beloved camera bit the dust.

25. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

Four days in, so far I've been successful! I'll be posting photos on my personal blog which is in my profile if anyone's curious. Although I'll prob wait till I have at least a weeks worth of photos before writing a project 365 post.

26. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Espion: Oh no, sorry about your camera. Hope you can get it fixed at a reasonable price,

27. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

Late to the game but I started my 365 and finally put together my blog to go with it (I am part of a few facebook groups through my photography forum so been sharing there but wanted a place to share outside of FB) Nobody needs to follow or anything just thought Id share

http://themagicaleveryday.wordpress.com/

28. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

book marked blogs! Can't wait to follow along with everyone.

29. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@twodoghouse: your pics look great so far!!

@Mrs. Chocolate: I just checked out your blog! Gorgeous photos!!

30. Mrs. Lion

How do you find good pictures of the kiddos every day when your kids go to daycare all day? I haven't gotten any decent pictures in the last 2 days that C has been gone

31. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I struggle with this, too. So far, I've managed to get a photo every day but I fear I'm going to end up with a lot of messy-faced dinner photos and/or bathtub photos because that's basically all the time we have in the evenings. I'm going to try to get some morning shots here and there, it's just really hard to find an extra two minutes in the morning. I might also do some occasional shots of her toys or other "remains of the day". And, since I'm not doing a pure 365, I'm not going to stress if there are days I can't fit a photo in. It's hard but what else can you do?

32. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Mrs. Lion: It is part of the reason why I'm doing one a week! If I was doing a photo a day, I would document things that you might think are mundane, but truly represent your LO's day/interests. Like E on the changing table flipping the wipe warmer lid up and down. Not exactly an award winning photograph, but I know I would look back on it and smile, because the kid is obsessed with lids.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee