Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: umm yes. DH says that's how he can tell I'm pregnant. Yesterday the trigger was a photo of Prince George and today an article about an autistic boy.
    Good luck with the school!

2. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: @skipra: Yes! I am always pretty emotional but this is overdrive.

Also anybody else still taking pregnancy tests? (today at lunch on like 1 1/2 hour hold)

3. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: yup still taking tests! Wondfos and they're crappy at getting dark. They're definitely getting darker, it looks normal compared to all the pictures I've been compulsively googling lol

4. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@artsyfartsy: ahhhh good luck! It'd be awesome to do this together again!!

5. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Applesandbananas: not weepy yet. Seriously I feel so different from the first time I was pregnant. I was exhausted and emotional and so hungry. This time, I feel nothing! I only know I'm pregnant because the test said so and I don't have my period. It's weird!

6. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@mrsjd: Oooh nice and dark. I haven't taken another test yet because I only have one more left. I think I'll wait a week to do it again.

7. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Today's was blazing!

8. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Yes I have been testing but I'm out now! I have been worried because the frer wasn't nearly as dark as with my other good pregnancies and I got a cbe digital and it just said 1-2 weeks. But I had a few cheapie and opks that were getting darker so who knows!
    Just remember about the hook effect if you keep testing! I did for weeks with my first and freaked out when the Startex to lighten! I think around 6 weeks maybe?

9. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: Ive heard that the darkness of the line doesn't really matter in the long run, that it could be the batch, etc., but it's definitely addicting to keep POASing. I have a couple left and after that I'm not going to POAS anymore. What is the CBE digital? It tells you how many weeks? I vaguely recall hearing about those.

10. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: amazing how pregnancies are different! With my first I felt off before I tested and with my second no symptoms unail 6ish weeks...which just happened to coincide with my first's bday party. Ugh! Hang in there...
    @Applesandbananas: Yes I think they measure weeks since Ovulation but they are definitely not totally accurate. Just another thing to fuel the POAS addiction

11. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@MrsKoala: I hope so. We have a good shot this cycle but it's only our second month.

12. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

I'm 5 weeks exactly tomorrow and I have no nausea or m/s at all yet. Anyone else feeling great? I worry that this isn't a strong pregnancy but I keep hearing that most of the time m/s hits around 6-8 weeks. I'm trying to relax and enjoy feeling good.

13. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@mrsjd: I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow and I have no symptoms right now beyond boobs that are bit sore. I didn't get nausea in my first pregnancy until 5 weeks 1 day so you never know. You could get it tomorrow. Or you could be lucky and never have it! I know how hard it is not to worry, though.

14. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@artsyfartsy: FX for you!

15. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@artsyfartsy: Good luck and we hope you join us soon!

@MrsKoala: Thanks! That's reassuring. Given that this is our first (and long-awaited), I would probably welcome m/s at this point.

16. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@MrsKoala: @mrsjd: my nausea with LO didn't start until 6 weeks, he's nearly 3 now!

17. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@artsyfartsy: good luck!!

18. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

Well, today a new symptom has arrived in full force. Bloating. Like, woah. Really regretting wearing high-waisted jeans to work today.

19. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: ugh me too. I recently dropped 10lbs of holiday weight and I wore my roomier jeans today and they're still uncomfortable!

20. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Broke out a pair of maternity jeans today because buttoning my jeans made me so nauseous.

21. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Wow! At least you will be comfy!

22. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: having anything pushing on my belly makes me nauseous. I was trying to lay on my stomach last night and bleghhh. I feel like I was in maternity pants at 6.5-7ish weeks last go round but I really didn't have any room to spare in my regular pants before. I was a little surprised my pants were so tight this morning given the recent weight loss. The bloat is real!

23. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: yuck. I haven't noticed that yet but brushing my teeth makes me gag half the time now. It made me throw up every time with my first hoping not to repeat that!

Broke down while at Target and bought another frer. Does it seem dark enough for 4-4.5 weeks?

24. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: is the control line on the right? That's what it looks like from the little circles on the test. Either way, those lines look great!!

25. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Yes! Control line on the right. It is so so so much darker than the last one that I took that now it is starting to sink in that this might be happening.
    Your talk about the maternity clothes made me realize that my friend has most of mine and she is not due until April. Not sure what to do about that!

26. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: that's such an amazing line!!

When do you think you'll need maternity clothes? I don't think I'll switch to maternity slacks for work for a few more weeks yet, my work slacks are roomier than my jeans... I think.

Maybe there's some stuff she's not using that she can give back to you?

27. Flowerbee89

apple seed / 2 posts

Congratulations to all! I'm too nervous to post properly on here yet but stalking it instead! X

28. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@Flowerbee89: hope you're here to join us soon!

29. Flowerbee89

apple seed / 2 posts

@Applesandbananas: thank you! Xx

30. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: that's an awesome line!

@Flowerbee89: hope you're here soon too!

@Applesandbananas: since this is my first and I'm in pretty good shape, I'm hoping to avoid until 2nd trimester. I am trying to hide it at work until April but I doubt it'll be possible past a certain point.

I still feel great, just really hoping baby is growing in there because right now I barely feel pregnant.

31. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: why are you planning to hide it until April? (Just curious! I'm also not planning to announce at work until I absolutely have to.)

32. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: I have some big work deadlines and I have been there long so I want to prove myself as much as possible before I announce. It won't be a big deal for them anyway.

33. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: that's cool! I hope it goes well when you do decide to announce

34. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: Previous message should've read "haven't been there long." I know everyone will be super excited for me, it's just that I want a little more time before letting them know since they don't need to know earlier for my position or HR. We'll see if I make it though! It's so tempting to want to shout it to the world.

Also, I saw your other post about first trimester anxiety and I'm right there with you. I have virtually no symptoms except for sore boobs and those aren't bad so I get very nervous! My appointment is 2 weeks and 2 days away and I want it to be here now!

35. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: I know, I'm wanting to shout it to the world too but at the same time, I'm so scared of miscarriage and "untelling". Mine isn't for nearly 4 weeks

36. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Flowerbee89: Hope you join us soon!
    @Applesandbananas: I hear you on the anxiety! But you clearly have great lines on your tests (and despite people saying the darkness doesn't matter, it is at least reassuring!) and it seems that now you are past the point of CP. I think once that happens mc risk is around 10%? So most likely everything will be fine, amazing, perfect! If you want to tell people may just choose a select few so if something does happen you will have a good support system?
    @mrsjd: I wouldn't be surprised if you could hide it until April. Especially since it'll be winter so you can wear clothes to.disguise it without anyone thinking anything.
    I am starting a new job next month but it's just part-time through April and I'm thinking they will notice pretty early. A friend of mine just had her 3rd and had to spill the beans at like 6 weeks because it was so obvious.

37. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: thanks! I hope so but I'll play it by ear. People might guess but I'm betting no one will say anything. I have really upped my veggie intake and I'm just trying to be super healthy with what I eat to try to maintain my weight. My mom gained a lot in the first trimester because she ate so badly (like donuts) so I'm trying to avoid that.

I just wish I felt pregnant! But I guess that'll come soon and be careful what you wish for. Because this is my first I have no idea what to expect in terms of showing and symptoms.

38. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: they'll come! I got hit hard by 6w with my first, lots of fatigue and nausea.

39. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@mrsjd: I'm sure you'll be able to hide it until April. If you are taller or have a longer torso, it might be pretty easy to do. I didn't show really until 21-22 weeks the first time and I wasn't obviously pregnant until 28 weeks. Around 14 weeks, I started a new job and so didn't really want to tell anyone besides my boss. Nobody at work figured it out until the third trimester.

40. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

And I just found out the midwife group I went to with my second is no longer doing deliveries. I am so sad about it and now I have to find a new practice on top of it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee