Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@MrsKoala: Thanks! I appreciate it! I am 5'7" and my torso is average for my height so I've got a chance! One issue may be that I have a 34D to 34DD chest, so I need them to stay in check.

@skipra: That stinks! Never fun trying to find a new doctor or practice of any sort, but this is so personal/emotional.

2. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: oh man! That sucks!

3. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

How's everyone feeling this morning?

I'm feeling like our board is way quieter than August's we need another GTKY!

4. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Applesandbananas: I'm starting to get tiny twinges of nausea. I'm nervous! Last time I was horribly sick until 20 weeks so I'm hoping it will be easier this time around. I also set my first appointment since I got past the end point of my CP (4w5d). Feb 1!

5. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: I still feel great. Again, worried because I don't really feel pregnant. 5 weeks 2 days. Boobs are slightly tender but even that isn't much. Not sure if it's just too soon or what. I'm on progesterone suppositories and I get worried that the baby isn't growing and the progesterone is masking it. I do have a huge appetite right now, but get full quickly.

@MrsKoala: Crossing my fingers it isn't too bad this time!

6. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

I have a miserable cold and my little guy is running a fever so we're having a fun day. I can't tell what are my cold symptoms vs. pregnancy. But with this and the news about the midwife group I'll probably put off making an appointment somewhere for a while. I don't even know what hospital to choose now. Sorry for being such a downer!
    @MrsKoala: when is your appointment?
    Should we make a list of due dates and appointments? For second time moms, anything you want to do differently this time around?

7. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@mrsjd: Thanks!

@skipra: February 1. I only have one thing I want to do differently and that's see if I can hold out and not get the epidural. Last time, I got the epi thinking it'd be like 8 more hours of labor and I gave birth like an hour and 45 minutes later. So now that I know that it may be even quicker this time, I'm going to try to hold out. We'll see how that works! Otherwise, I plan to do everything else the same. I'll be Team Green again, go with the midwives in my OB practice, and I'm keeping up with my rec volleyball league for as long as I can to get exercise.

8. lmay820

pea / 19 posts

Hi Ladies! I was going to wait until my first doctors apt to join but I am too excited!

EDD: 9/7/16

How far along: 5w5d

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: 1/14

Any symptoms so far? Nausea is occasional and not too severe. Very sore breasts. Fatigue

Who have you told? Both our parents and a few close friends. Some people guessed when I passed on wine during girls night!

9. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: sure! Anyone want to start it?

I don't really have anything I want to do differently birth-wise. I'm hoping to eat well and continue exercising through my pregnancy.

10. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@lmay820: yay! Welcome! Will you be getting an ultrasound on 1/14?

11. lmay820

pea / 19 posts

@Applesandbananas: I'm not sure! They didn't mention it when I scheduled, hoping to have one and that I can hear a heartbeat. I know it's still early

12. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@lmay820: Welcome and congrats!!

13. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@lmay820: Welcome!!

14. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@lmay820: Congrats! Welcome! That is my older DS's birthday. A good day to have a baby

This time around I really want to go TG. We did with our first but it was ruined at the end and found out with our second and I regretted it immediately. I also would like to eat better and exercise more than my last pregnancy. I was due in May and ate way too many Christmas cookies and found it so much easier to stay active with my other September pregnancy so hoping to do that again.

15. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Oooh another TG!! It'll be nice to have someone else that will be doing that. I find that I'm usually the odd person out for not wanting to know IRL. My last due date board on HB had like 6 TG ladies though! It was awesome.

16. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Due Dates!
    Missybear 9/10 (#2)
    MrsJD 9/10 (#1)
    Applesandbananas 9/9 (#2)
    Skipra 9/15 (#3)
    MrsKoala 9/10 (#2)
    LMay820 9/7 (#1)

Hope I got everyone's right!

17. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

Gah, so much nausea today! I had to fast for our wellness screenings (for insurance) and it was awful. I scarfed down oatmeal and a banana for breakfast and was starving by lunch time but I don't think lunch is going to stay down

18. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Thanks for making the list! And I hope lunch will make you feel better, not worse!

@MrsKoala: Yay for TG! This is my big thing this time. I really want the big delivery room announcement. DH kind of wants to find out but I'm threatening we'll need a 4th if we do! Did it drive your friends and family crazy last time? With my first so many people got mad and accused me of knowing but not telling or making things so difficult for them.

19. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

Oh and I made my first appointment for Feb. 4th. I'll have a dating u/s because my LMP was Nov. 27th which should put me at like 10 weeks but I think it'll be closer to 8. So excited about this new practice even though the location isn't the best. And the hospital offers nitrous oxide now which is kind of a nice option to have.

20. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Haha yes, everyone hated us. They could not understand why we didn't want to know. MIL accused us of finding out and just keeping it a secret just as you said. It was pretty funny to me. I kind of like effing with people.

@Applesandbananas: Would you mind if I fixed the list by ordering it via date? My poor Excel obsessed brain is going a bit crazy that it isn't in date order... I'm sorry!! Hope you are feeling okay!

21. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@MrsKoala: omg yes please! I did it while on my phone and literally just scrolled through adding everyone in the order they joined and then was like effff I wish that was in due date order.

22. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

I'm surprised by the TG hate from people IRL! We were team blue but considering TG this go round.

23. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Due Dates!
    LMay820 9/7 (#1)
    Missybear 9/10 (#2)
    MrsJD 9/10 (#1)
    MrsKoala 9/10 (#2)
    Skipra 9/15 (#3)

24. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Applesandbananas: THANK YOU! HB on the phone drives me crazy because it can be so hard to go back and forth.

25. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@MrsKoala: I hope we get a few more mamas!! I've been stalking the POAS board

26. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

So I keep getting freaked out and thinking that I'm not still pregnant. I'm not sure why, I just worry that I'm going to go for my first ultrasound (2 weeks from day) and they won't find anything. I don't have any reason for this to be the case but I'm so afraid. I wish I had more symptoms to make me feel more confidant. I have felt a little weird today - blood sugar majorly dropped and I kind of feel hungover.

Does this feeling happen to everyone else? Or are you more confidant in your pregnancy?

27. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

Had to reassure myself. I should probably stop.

28. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: I'm definitely scared too. I'm not scheduled for an ultrasound for 3.5 more weeks and I'm so nervous. I'm trying to relax and I keep telling myself that worrying isn't going to change anything.

There's an elective ultrasound place near me that I could go to at 8w but I'm not sure if I will. It's $60 and only a week earlier than my appt.

29. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@mrsjd: I think it happens to everyone especially if you've had a loss. I have this horrible intrusive thought that I'll go to my first ultrasound and find out that it's just a blighted ovum or something. I'm trying to ignore it but I think about it at least once a day. Everything is scary about being pregnant until you have your baby in your arms. And then everything is scary about being a mother because of that tremendous responsibility. It's rough. Basically, you never get to stop worrying anymore.

30. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

My favorite early 1st tri semester symptom is back: migraines... Wahhhhhhhhhhhh.....

31. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

This is my first time in a mommy group... and my first time being an expecting mommy.... I'm 4 and a bit weeks along ..... we're both happy but weren't planning on a baby this year.... We wanted to look into buying a house..... The first thing I've learned is that no matter how much your man tries. ...men just don't get pregnancy. So I'm feeling a little alone.... although also strangely not.... just thought I'd check out this whole blogging thing

32. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

Hey everyone!
    I can't believe it's time for a due date board again! LO 1 will be 1 in Feb. Looks like an 18 month age gap. Eek!

Here goes

EDD: Sept 16

How far along: 5 weeks, clear blue agrees.

First child? No, number two

First doctor appointment: don't have one yet. My midwife who delivered lo1 moved and I need to find a new one.

Any symptoms so far? Things small weird and I thought I might pass out with out a snack this afternoon. But who knows, that might not be related. I think I have another 2-3 weeks before the morning sickness really kicks in...

Who have you told? DH, and 2 good friends. I am going to try and wait as long as I can to tell work.

33. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Jasmum: @maddyz: Congrats and welcome! So happy our group is growing

How is everyone today? I am in rough shape. Hurt my back by my shoulder and can barely move am in so much pain and then managed to shut the other half of my back in the closet door (don't ask!) So I had a total meltdown on the phone with DH so he is coming home to help. Hope everyone else's day is off to a better start!

34. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Jasmum: @maddyz: Welcome!!!

@skipra: I'm still messed up from migraines yesterday. Praying I don't get any more. I'm basically a waste of space at work today. Hope your back feels better!!

35. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@maddyz: What's your LOs bday? My son was a Feb baby. The 3rd.

36. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: I didn't see that about your migraine. They are the worst! Can you take anything for it? Hope you are at least able to sleep off the hangover

37. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@skipra thanks for the welcome! Migraines are the worst.

@mrskoala Feb 26th!

Lo 1 is a teething monster right now. We were up most the night. I am a sleepy mommy this morning.

Started to feel a little sick last night and this morning. But maybe just the lack of sleep. I think it's still early for morning sickness.

38. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@maddyz: Welcome and congrats! So happy to have you here!

@skipra: So sorry about your back! Maybe try some heating pads or Icy/hot if it's muscular? Hope you feel better soon!

I did not want to eat my leftovers last night - they just seemed so gross to me. But I don't feel sick or anything. I have a massive appetite right now, though. I always have a big one, but lately I'm constantly starving.

39. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Yeah, I got a prescription for Fiorecet from the OB. It helps but not effective as Excedrin Migraine. I took the morning off yesterday to sleep it off but then I got another one right before bed. I'm just sitting here at my desk like blllllleeeeeghhhhhh, not much work is going to get done. Luckily, if this follows suit with my first pregnancy, it should be gone by 7 weeks and I won't get another until really late in the third tri. Fingers crossed!

40. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Due Dates!
    LMay820 9/7 (#1)
    Missybear 9/10 (#2)
    MrsJD 9/10 (#1)
    MrsKoala 9/10 (#2)
    Skipra 9/15 (#3)
    MaddyZ 9/16 (#2)
    Jasmum TBD? (#1)

Reply »