Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

And crazy pregnant lady rant but my mom is driving me crazy!!!!! She was visiting and like every little thing she was ready for me to go to the hospital. And since the cramping started all she keeps asking is if the midwife will scrape me and what will happen if she does and why didn't she, etc. She means a membrane sweep but I just can't deal with her calling it scraping. I know it is so silly but its making me crazy!

2. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@tlcbaby: aww I remember the feeling... i'm looking forward to but also dreading my c-section! wishing you a speedy recovery

3. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@Periwinkle: @avivoca: Ugh I am so irritable and miserable too. 39 weeks +1 day today and so itchy and uncomfortable all over. The last weeks of pregnancy are so exhausting!

4. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@skipra: She needs to relax...unless she is your doctor!

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: I feel like all moms are like this? My mom isn't getting into the business end of things, but she keeps bringing up that she's somehow going to know when I'm going into labor and will call me. Um, no, you had no idea last time and you won't have any idea this time. I'm only calling her because I need her to come stay with my daughter while I go to the hospital. She's driving me nuts. At church last time, she was trying to parent H and I had to tell her to back off.

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrsbells: I feel much better now that I went outside on my lunch and vented to my husband (even though he was part of my problem today).

7. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@avivoca: Yes my mom is equally annoying with her concerns!! I think its a mom thing and we will end up being like this too!
    I guess I shouldnt complain since I am home and dont have to work

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrsbells: I think we all have a right to complain no matter what. The last month of pregnancy is HARD. I need to tell my husband to just give in to whatever I want because if mama isn't happy, nobody is happy lol.

9. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@avivoca: hahaha so true! It really is hard with so much happening at once.

10. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: I'm pretty emotional. Is that a sign? No contractions or anything like that. I've been losing teeny bits of mucus plug since 37 weeks but nothing big. People who were due after me IRL have already all had their babies with only one exception. I'm feeling a little stir crazy. Sorry your mom is driving you crazy. That would drive me up the wall, too!

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

So guys, what does the mucus plug look like? All I remember is a bloody glob in the toilet and my pants. Does it look like boogers? If so, I might be losing parts of it.

12. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@tlcbaby: yes!!! With my first the midwife had to kick her out because she was so overbearing!

@Mrsbells: I am guessing being a boy mama I won't have the rich to be so crazy. Probably a good thing since its clearly in my blood.

@avivoca: she is our childcare plan too otherwise I would just not say a word! Does your mom normally try to parent H? My step mom has been doing that the last month or so. Like pregnancy means we can't take care of our kids on the outside any more?

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: Not usually, only if she can sense that I'm losing my cool, but enough people give her the stink eye that she stops. Also, she's not allowed to come to the hospital until we tell her she can. I don't want anyone waiting on me in the waiting room to have a baby.

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: If emotional is a sign, I'm there with you lol. I cried the other night because H wanted to play with her telephone instead of read a book with me.

15. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: I've been passing globs of mucus since Frtiday but no blood yet. Maybe mucus plug and bloody show? Could be anytime if so!

@MrsKoala: I don't know about being emotional but I am too. I just figured its normal for pregnancy? I started crying on the way to the doctor this morning thinking about labor with LO2.

16. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: Boogers. Yep. With blood sometimes mixed in if it is also your bloody show.

17. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Ok that's what I thought. I was like "am i crying because I'm just pregnant or because I'm going to go into labor?" Basically, everything is making me question that.

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: Um, awesome!

Also, yes, everything is now a question of, "is this normal or is this a sign that labor is coming?"

19. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: Or the dreaded question that I've asked myself everyday this week "Is this pee, sweat, or amniotic fluid?"

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

37 weeks, which I have been informed is NOT full term. I think I knew that in the back of my head, but whatever.

21. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: girl, that baby looks ready to fall out! Isn't 37 weeks "early term" so OK if baby is ready but doctors should be cautious about inducing early?

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: Well, the midwife said that if labor started, they wouldn't stop it. So maybe? IDK.

23. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

Morning, all! Wanted to bring the conversation back over here for a bit

How's everyone doing this morning? @MrsKoala: Still hanging in there? How are you feeling?!

This was a busy, busy weekend and I am paying for it today! We finally made some headway getting more "ready" in our house and we were able to move LO into his new room! He was so happy to see what it looked like... we had kept is a secret as we were working on it. I spent a ton of time yesterday afternoon cleaning out the nursery and reorganizing it a bit. Still a lot to do but I do feel much better now that some of the bigger things seem to be done.

The only problem is that I had the worst thigh cramps last night. I am hoping it was just because I moved too much (think: nonstop squats as I organized the rooms) but it got to the point where my legs were shaking by the time I got to the top of the stairs. Woke up and it's still happening a bit and I hope it's nothing more than overexertion. Anyone deal with this?

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: Yes, but I was in transition. Also, when I'm not pregnant, it happens if I really work my legs out.

25. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@avivoca: Ugh, I am not ready to be anywhere near transition right now!!!! Still one more week of work and too much to get done to feel "ready." It's a shame that babies don't like to pay much attention to schedules

Let's just hope that I am in such poor shape (!) that my legs were in shock from yesterday's movement!

26. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Periwinkle: still here and still pregnant. Still no signs! 40+2 today!

I haven't had the thigh cramping but I'm wondering if it might be a bit of dehydration? I get cramps in my calves and feet if I don't get enough water. I've also had weird nerve things where all the sudden I get like an electrical shock that goes down the back of my legs. Not painful but weird.

27. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@MrsKoala: I'm glad to know that you're OK, even if no signs of baby quite yet. Do you have any idea how late you will be able to go? I hope that you're enjoying some rest and relaxation today!

I think you might be right about dehydration... I did not drink as much water as I should have this weekend (the weekends are always harder on me, water wise) and am trying to make up for it today.

28. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Periwinkle: I think the midwives will let me go to 41.5 weeks and then we'll talk induction. so that would be Sept 21. My next appt is Wednesday so if I make it, I guess that's what we will be discussing!

29. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Periwinkle: What a fun surprise! I'm sure you are ready, but hopefully baby stays put a little longer so you can get stuff wrapped up!

@MrsKoala: That's about what my midwife does, I think they will let you go to 42(ish) weeks.

I think we are gonna meet some more babies this week!!!

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Update for me: I'm definitely losing parts of my plug, baby has dropped more, and I feel like my pelvis is going to break in half. I'm having BH contractions every time I get up to walk and I'm drinking water like it's my job. Baby girl is super active right now. I anticipate that I will be pregnant for at least three more weeks though.

Saturday, I felt like I HAD to take a nap at 11:30 in the morning (after getting up at 7:00) and I was worried that this was it (worried because I didn't think I'd be able to get a hold of my parents to get H), but it wasn't. I did enjoy my nap though.

31. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Periwinkle: What a fun surprise for your LO! Sorry about the leg cramps. I haven't had them but when I discussed taking Magnesium for my migraines with my midwife she said it was perfectly safe and often recommended for leg cramps. Maybe something to look into.

@avivoca: I know you don't want to psych yourself out but it doesn't sound like baby girl wants to stay in for a full 3 more weeks! Keeping fingers crossed for you.

@MrsKoala: Sorry no baby yet! You never know, it could happen any second. At my last appointment the midwife told me I could go to 42 weeks if everything looked ok, which would be 9/30...and a potential October baby. Awesome.

32. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

Hey ladies. Quick update from the hospital; baby bells #2 is here! More details to follow. Wish the rest of you smooth and safe deliveries!

33. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@Mrsbells: congratulations! Enjoy your little one and have a smooth recovery.

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrsbells: congratulations!!!

35. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Mrsbells: Congrats! Hope you are feeling well!

36. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@Mrsbells: Congratulations!!!! I hope you and baby are both doing great! Can't wait to hear more details when you're feeling up to it! Yay!!!!

37. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

Thanks ladies, baby and I are both fine. I'll post more details once we get to go home in a couple days

38. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Mrsbells: Congratulations!

39. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Mrsbells: congratulations!!!!

40. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@MrsKoala: How you doing over there?! Any progress?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee