Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I feel like crap. I cannot decide if I feel enough like crap to leave work or if I should try to stick it out. Also, is it normal to still be sporting the day after a cervical exam? I didn't spot last week but I did this week and I'm still having some brownish spotting.

2. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: yes that's normal. But spotting + feeling like crap could mean labor is imminent. Go home and get some rest if you can! If its not labor, I hope you feel better soon.

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: I cancelled my meetings for the afternoon and am pushing through to get my pubs finished up today. Anytime I eat, I get nauseated, but I have to eat or my glucose drops.

4. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: that doesn't sound good. Hopefully just being at home will help. Is it really hot there today?

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: It's warm but the humidity is down. I think I'm just running out of room for my stomach lol.

6. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: hope you are feeling better!

As for me, baby girl Koala arrived fast and furiously yesterday morning at 40+4 after I think only about 3.5 hours of labor. It was insane and not at all what I had expected. I cannot believe I have a daughter!

7. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@MrsKoala: wonderful news! I hope everyone is recovering nicely.

8. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@MrsKoala: amazing! ❤

9. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@MrsKoala: woah! When she was ready to go she got out quick. Hope your recovery is just as speedy! Congratulations and welcome baby girl!

10. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: Thanks! Congratulations on your baby girl!

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsKoala: I just saw this, congratulations!!!!

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsKoala: Popping in from August to congratulate you! Having a boy and girl is so much fun! (I have the same in the same order.)

13. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@mrsjd: @maddyz: @katsupgirl: @avivoca: @LAZB: @pregnantbee: thanks all!! We are thrilled to have a girl this time.

14. pelikila

pomegranate / 3008 posts

So excited about the new babies! Officially due today and this baby seems content to stay. He ignored his older brother's timeline, the full moon, rain and pressure system changes, etc. OB appointment tomorrow to check growth and decide when to induce. I've never been this pregnant or carried a baby this big before (not that he isn't perfectly in the normal range) so I'm pretty anxious.

15. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@pelikila: thinking of you! I went 4 days overdue and my first LO was born on 40+1 so it was weird being pregnant longer the second time. Hang in there! Baby can't stay inside forever!

16. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@Pelikila: Sending good labor vibes your way! It's hard when the due date arrives and I hope your doctor can confirm some progress tomorrow Get some good rest now, if you're able.

17. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@pelikila: good luck tomorrow! Hope labor starts for you soon! You are not in the FB group, are you? Do you want to join?

I haven't updated here but baby boy was born last weekend! We are all doing well and adjusting to being a family of 5 now. Officially out numbered by kids!

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I had a completely uneventful 38 week appointment. No change from last week. I've accepted that I'm in this for the long haul.

On the bright side, the A/C is working at my office, so it's not terribly hot anymore.

19. pelikila

pomegranate / 3008 posts

@skipra: yay on baby boy arriving!
    I missed when the FB group was set up. I'd love to join. I'll PM you my name.

20. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@skipra: Hoping you're continuing to settle in easily! Are you home yet?

@avivoca: Yay for air conditioning! Seriously, not a good time for it to have gone out at work

I'm feeling very sluggish and sleepy at 38+6. I'm at the point where every single strange movement makes me stop and question what might possibly be going on. I am supposed to have my 39 week appointment tomorrow morning and keep wondering if I am going to make it. I'm curious to know if anything is going on.

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: Ooh, go take a nap! That was one of the things that tipped me off that labor was imminent last time. I had an overwhelming urge to nap and make sure I had clean underwear. I went into labor at 6:00 that evening.

22. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@avivoca: hahah re clean underwear! It's funny, I was super motivated this morning and had lunch plans with a friend but she had to cancel. As soon as I knew I had the day to do something else, I lost all energy. Ran a few errands and am going to watch my friend's son for a little bit this afternoon but could easily just lie here for a while!

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: that's how I felt on Sunday. I got SO MUCH DONE. It was crazy.

24. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Periwinkle: @avivoca: I totally had the strong urge to nap the day before DD was born! I didn't really make that connection before.

25. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@MrsKoala: Now I'm curious if it means anything! My stomach has also been hurting a lot tonight but not sure if that's because I didn't eat very much today or because anything is "happening." I ate dinner late and feel a little bit better, but still sleepy. Mat try to lie down in a bit.

26. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

I had my 39 week appointment this morning and I was 3cm dilated! Now, my OB told me that she, during one of her pregnancies, had been at 3cm for a month (!) so I am trying not to read too much into it. I felt a bit sluggish today (some difficulties walking) but had some energy as the day went on. It's so hard not to know when!

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: Congrats on the progress! I hope you have your baby sooner rather than later!

28. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

This afternoon was kind of awful. I had near constant Braxton Hicks contractions that were super tight and felt like they lasted for five minutes at a time. Apparently, they call this "prelabor." It was all afternoon, so my the end they actually hurt because my stomach was so sore. I'm looking forward to my appointment next week to see if they are actually doing anything other than just annoying me.

29. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@avivoca: Thanks See, I am the crazy lady who would be happy getting all the way to 40 weeks! Feeling a bit more prepared now that I had had a few days away from work to get ready, but now I could use a few days to do nothing!!!!

I am so sorry that you've been so uncomfortable. Are the contractions up high on your stomach, or down lower? The reason I ask is that most of my contractions the past few weeks have been very low down and almost nothing at the top of my stomach yet. Did you call the midwife? Will they maybe see you earlier if this continues for you?

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: They were low, but this baby is super low. The midwife is pretty hands off right now, but if they get worse/more regular, I'll call them. My last pregnancy, I was totally cool with going late and all, but I think the stress at work I've been dealing with is causing me to contract more. I'm thrilled to be pregnant and near the end (and sorry I complain so much!) and I will miss pregnancy as this is likely my last baby.

31. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@avivoca: Even though I cannot believe the end is near either (and I am not sure I am ready for it to be over), I have done far more than my fair share of complaining! I think that's all part of the process, and one reason why this community is so wonderful. It's amazing to have the support of other pregnant women with whom we can complain together! For being such a magical time, it can certainly be an uncomfy time. Keep hanging in there, mama... you're doing great!

32. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Popping in to cheer you all on. You're so close! Ahem, @avivoca: and @Periwinkle: Also, for what it's worth, this time my contractions were only in the bottom half of the bump. I think they covered the entire bump first time around. Hang in there!

33. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@avivoca: I had so much perlabor this time. It's really crazy making. But it did make for a quick actually labor. Which was nice but also super intense. Your body is getting ready!

34. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@pregnantbee: Thank you! Yeah, these contractions are super low down. Ouch.

35. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@maddyz: How are you and your sweet little one doing?

36. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@Periwinkle: great! Lo1 is having a bit of a hard time, but adjusting. I am trying to spend time with him. I think that's the hardest part so far.

37. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@maddyz: second this. It's been really hard for me to spend time with my older LO because baby wants to be on the boob all the time. It makes me sad! I'm hoping to set some time aside this weekend to take My son out on our own.

38. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@maddyz: @MrsKoala: Thanks for sharing your experience so far with your older LO. I am so nervous about this and am trying to think of ways to give my big boy some good one on one attention, even in the very beginning. I'm hoping as the routine settles in for you both, your older children adapt nicely. Sending you both hugs.

39. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

Well, I received the question today I've been waiting for all pregnancy. In a store, a woman asked me if I was having twins. Um, not that I am aware of!

Hoping everyone had a great Friday!

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: Yuck, I'm sorry you got the question!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee