Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2012 Babies: 1 Yr. Birthday Parties

1. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@runsyellowlites: love the pretzel idea!!

2. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

Party Spread of P food's for P's party:

Pizza
    Popcorn party mix (or maybe just popcorn)
    Potato Chips
    Pretzels (dipped in pick chocolate)
    P-Fruit platter (pears, peaches, pineapple, and maybe plums)
    Pudding (chocolate in 1.5 oz baby food jars)
    Pieces of Pink cake (in 4 oz baby food jars)

I think I'm officially starting to get excited! *squeal*

3. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

@runsyellowlites: that is such a cute theme idea!

4. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@runsyellowlites: nice looking menu!

Just ordered my invites and they should be arriving by the end if the week, yay!

5. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

C's cake, cookies and cupcakes have been ordered! Ah! I also scored a few mismatched glass vases from a friend, 20 yards of lace ribbon and 10 yards of burlap on ebay.

I found these plates/cups/etc and I think I'm going to order them.

6. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

And this is a VERY roughly photoshopped version of what her cake is going to be. We also ordered cookies with painted roses and cupcakes, which half are going to have bows and half will have bunting on them.

7. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@zippylef: Thanks! I LOVE those plates & cups! And her cake is going to be beautiful!!

@crash806: Gah I still need to design P's invites!

I have my inspiration board pretty much done & her outfit picked out.

Now if I could just get on those invites & a guest list! (Yea still haven't done that..eek)

8. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@zippylef: love those plates and cups! They'll be so pretty with your theme!

@runsyellowlites: That's a great "P" menu! I will have to remember that for the future!

We are waiting to see if my family will be coming up before we plan anything more. I am still thinking pinko de mayo though. Easy taco bar, lots of pink decorations, and maybe a pink pinata?

9. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

Oooh & I found these great frames at our shop all for a buck

That I am going to hang with some "P is for Penelope" art in them either between the columns on the carport covering or a tree in the yard. I think I'm leaning towards the tree & it can be a great spot for guest pics!

10. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@runsyellowlites: I like the P idea for food.

What would you guys do?

The cafe we are renting has a small room that can hold 20 people and the minimum is 3 hours at $100 an hour. We were planning on renting it for 3.5-4 hours (2 hours for the party and the rest of the time for set up and clean up). We would have the party most likely at 1 or 2 in the afternoon. We would only be able to invite close family.

We can rent out the entire cafe for the same day, but only for 2 hours, from 4-6 p.m. It would be $200 an hour. We can invite a lot more people, family and friends. We'd also be able to invite some babies/kids to the party!

Which one would you choose?

11. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

@mrsjazz: Well, it depends. My first instinct is to say the later one but with a 4-6 time frame, then you're running into dinner time and I'd think you'd have to consider feeding everyone.

12. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@mrsjazz: I would go for the later if I could swing the cost for more food since like @zippylef said, that time would be getting closer to dinner time.

13. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@zippylef: @runsyellowlites: What kind of food do you think would be acceptable? Is pizza and/or wings or sandwiches/salad okay for that time?

We both like the idea of being able to invite our friends and some babies, but it does increase our budget for invites and food. My sister has offered to help us pay for the party, so I could ask her to help us cover some of the additional costs.

14. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@mrsjazz: We've always done either pizza or sandwiches for our parties and had no complaints. I would definitely keep it fun and simple.

15. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

These are the two options. I do love how the larger space has more yellow--fits right in with my Sunshine theme.

16. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@mrsjazz: Oh I love the larger space! The light fixtures & large windows have me sold. I would totally take help from my mom/sis to pay for it just to have the room, without hesitation! lol

17. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

@mrsjazz: Def the larger space. I think pizza/sandwiches/wings is plenty food.

18. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@runsyellowlites: @zippylef: Thanks! I feel like we wouldn't need to do much in terms of decorating. I think we're going to do e-invites instead of paper to transfer some of our budget towards food.

19. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

What flavor cake are you guys doing? Vanilla?

20. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@littlek: We're doing cupcakes, but I don't know what flavor yet. The adults will have regular cupcakes and I'm having a friend make some sugar-free cupcakes for the kiddies, most likely a yellow cake or a carrot cake.

21. littlek

We are going to go with vanilla for the smash cake, banana for the cupcakes and red velvet for the main cake. Here is our cake inspiration:

22. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@mrsjazz: Did you decide on which time you chose for the party?

Invites went out friday and I've already gotten my first rsvp

23. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@littlek: P's will be chocolate with white/buttercream style icing between the layers (otherwise it'll be naked), and the guests will have pink ombre colored vanilla flavored in reused baby food jars.

24. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@crash806: How exciting! Once this week is past I'll finally get to focus on P's party!

I DID get my first few rolls of ribbon for her ribbon ceiling though! *squeal*

25. littlek

So, we decided to go with a photobooth and I found a fun jungle backdrop that goes along with the monkey theme. We still need to buy a tripod for the camera, but we got a button this week that links to the camera, so people can just hit the button and a picture will take. We also are linking the camera to our TV, so when the pic is taken it shows up on the TV. We are looking into getting someone to come and sing songs and play with the LOs (similar to teacher at Gymboree)

26. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@crash806: Yes! We just signed the contract to rent the entire space for 2 hours. I'm going to send a "save the date" e-mail to our guest list soon and order the invitations.

Was your first RSVP a grandma?

27. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@mrsjazz: hahahaha yep it was!

28. littlek

@crash806: That's great!!!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee