Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: And Isaac started saying poopie today. He would say it and laugh, I think because DH would get him to say it and then laugh.

@Smurfette: It is probably different here since his last shots were 12 months. We don't go until the 22nd. I totally forgot about the flu shot but I don't know if they'll do that at the same time.

@Pumuckl: I hope we get some good fall weather. At least the snow didn't stick.

@AprilFool: I hope the whining and tantrums stop soon for you. It makes for long days when this is all you hear. Tantrums happen the most here at bath time, he doesn't like to be interrupted from playing to go in the bath and has freaked out almost every night for 2 weeks now.

2. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Popping by to vent about my non-existent sleep this week! Pete has been waking up around 11pm each night and he is just impossible to put back to sleep. On Monday night, he was totally wired and it took until 2am to get him back to sleep. Last night, he at least appeared tired, moaning in the crib. I gave him Motrin but it didn't help. He was only able to sleep in bed with us. He seems totally healthy and happy during the day and I don't see any teeth coming in. Perhaps he's adjusting to the big change in daytime schedule? Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon! I'm really dragging at work this week and I fear we will all get sick from exhaustion and back-to-school germs...

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@AprilFool: Ugh, tantrums are the worst. I have no patience for them.

@QueensBee: Oh yikes! Xander has been waking up too (usually around 10:30), but luckily he's been able to fall back asleep okay. So sorry to hear about Pete! I think someone said there's an 18 month sleep regression... or maybe I'm just making that up to explain this behavior??

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@QueensBee: R woke up around 10 last night and seemed like her teeth were bothering her, but she can't be getting her 2 yr molars, right? We gave her some Motrin and DH rocked her and put her down. At 11 I checked the monitor and she was just laying there chilling with her sippy (she threw a fit when we tried to take it). No clue when she fell asleep. Luckily she was fine by herself. I am hoping we don't repeat it tonight. I wonder if it is the 18M regression.

5. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

Hi all! We're having a bad sleep week here too. Had to pick J up from daycare in the middle of the day yesterday because he was running a 103 degree fever. He had a terrible 30 min nap... then at night he woke up around 1 am and would not go back to sleep for another hour. He is still running a fever today... alternating motrin and tylenol to keep it down. Wish I could be with him, but had too many meetings today and couldn't take the day off. Going to try to head home early...

6. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: Okay, totally random question, but how exactly do you alternate tylenol and motrin? I feel like a moron, but I wasn't sure how to do it, so I've been scared to try!

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: YES, this is how our nights look like. It had gotten better last week but now it feels like we're back to square one. Hope it passes soon.

@Smurfette: you're so lucky she stays all peaceful by herself. B screams bloody murder.

@Mrs. High Heels: hope J feels better soon! And you get some sleep soon.

@AprilFool: oh the tantrums. We went to the grocery store tonight and I bought B a Pretzel and as soon as I put it into our cart he was screaming because he couldn't have it right away. GREAT... Luckily there were a couple of other moms there who were all like "I'm so glad this doesn't only happen to me." That made me feel better...

8. Mrs. High Heels

@Adira: The way it works is that motrin is processed by the kidneys, but tylenol is metabolized by the liver making it ok to alternate. You usually want to alternate if the fever spikes up again sooner than the wait time between doses. For example, if motrin says to take it every 6 hours, but say Xander's fever spikes again after only 3 hours and is miserable... at that point you can give him Tylenol. Then you can give Motrin again at the 6 hour mark.

Does that make sense?

More info: http://www.newhealthguide.org/Alternating-Tylenol-And-Motrin.html

9. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: Yes, that makes sense!! Thank you!

10. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: Did B get his two year molars yet? I know he was an early teether?
    @Pumuckl: Hope he feels better soon!

11. Mrs. High Heels

@Pumuckl: Thank you! I hope B feels better soon too, and that you guys have a great vacation!

12. Mrs. High Heels

@QueensBee: Oh man... I hope P feels better soon too, and that you get some sleep!! At least we are going through a rough few days together.

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: I hope his sleep gets better. Working with little to no sleep is not fun. Sleep here is a roller coaster, a couple good nights followed by a few bad.

@Smurfette: That is good that she'll just quietly stay in her crib. Like @Pumuckl: Isaac screams when he's awake in there.

@Mrs. High Heels: I hope that J is feeling better.

14. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Sounds like a lot of rough weeks for the Spring mamas! Hope everyone's LOs feel better (and sleep better) soon!

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Mrs. Blue: How are your boys sleeping?

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Thanks everyone! I gave him Motrin before bed last night and he slept from 7am-6am again. Thank goodness! I was turning into a real crank at work. I wonder if it's teething or maybe growing pains. He's been eating A TON so maybe it's a growth spurt? Either way, I'm definitely giving Motrin again tonight!

@Mrs. High Heels: Ooooh, thanks for linking that New Health Guide! How is J feeling today?

@Adira: Good question! I never knew how the rotation of meds worked either. Luckily, we haven't encountered any illnesses that made me consider it yet but that info is good to have on hand!

@Smurfette: I think it's too early for the 2 year molars but who knows? I guess anything is possible with these crazy babies! Love that she sleeps with her sippy!

17. Smurfette

R weighs 26lbs!! She was 22.10lb at 15 months. What?!?! She also grew 2" and is 33.5" tall. She got one shot and then the flu shot. She freaked out when she saw the nurse and the doctor. It was funny when the nurse was leaving after measuring her, the door was almost shut(waiting on the doctor), R yelled bye bye to the nurse. Like leave and don't come back!

The doctor said it was to early for 2yr molars and didn't see any signs. But she is chewing on her hands a ton. But she said R's throat was a little swollen so maybe the sore throat is bothering her? Doctor said something is going around. Gave a prescription for antibiotics so we can fill on vacation next week if it gets worse.

18. Adira

@Smurfette: Wow!!! Big growth spurt between her 15 month appointment and now!!! Go R!! She must be a good eater! Glad to hear there aren't a ton of shots at 18 months though. And too funny about R yelling "bye bye" to the nurse!

Ugh, I hope she's not sick or if she is, she gets over it soon. Xander has something too. It doesn't seem to bother him during the day, but at night, he keeps coughing, so I know he must have something too. Hope R feels better soon.

19. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Wow, so much growing in just a few months! Smart for the doc to give you the prescription just in case. I hope she feels better before the big family vacay!

20. Smurfette

@Adira: yeah she is coughing at night too.
    @Adira: @QueensBee: I can't believe she gained that much. I guess I don't need to worry when she won't eat!

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: I hope that he sleeps good again tonight.

The last two mornings have started at 4am, way too early! We've made Isaac just lay in bed with us until 5:15 when my alarm goes off in hopes that he'll go back to sleep, but no luck.

@Smurfette: What a growth spurt! Sounds like she is doing good. So cute that she yelled bye bye to the nurse.

22. Adira

Just finished painting Xander's new room!! I'm excited to start decorating!

23. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Adira: pics!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! LO 2 had crappy teething sleep on Sunday & Monday but things look better right now.

24. Adira

@autumnlove: I will, I promise! It's getting too dark though and I have two big pieces of furniture sitting in the middle of the room at the moment blocking any good shots. Hopefully I can move some stuff around this weekend so I can take pics!

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I can't wait to see how his big boy room turns out.

@autumnlove: Hopefully sleep gets better.

Last night was better and Isaac actually didn't wake up until after I was in the shower at 5:30. It was a nice change to wake up to my alarm.

What is everyone doing for the weekend? We are going to return library books and get new ones. I'm hoping the weather will be nice so that we can play outside.

26. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Ooooh, yes, I second the request for pics! I still love the way you painted Xander's nursery with the stripe, I bet the new room looks great too! Are you keeping Xander in his crib or moving him to a bed when the baby arrives?

@ALV91711: Waking up to the an alarm instead of baby is the best feeling in the world! So happy he had a good night!

We don't have any plans this weekend, which is amazing. We may try to visit our old neighborhood in Brooklyn, which I miss terribly, on Sunday if nap schedule and weather permit.

Have you had any more snow? It's just starting to feel like fall here in the evenings, and it's making me excited for fall holidays and even Christmas!

27. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Hi ladies!!! Sorry I miss so much

28. Smurfette

@ALV91711: we are leaving tomorrow for vacation! I just hope she does ok in the car!!
    @blackbird: slacker

29. blackbird

@Smurfette:

30. Smurfette

@blackbird: you have been a little busy!

31. autumnlove

@ALV91711: No big plans during the day tomorrow so we might go to the library and Costco. We are bringing the girls to a huge wedding reception in the evening...I hope they behave! FX.

Dinosaur museum playdate on Sunday!

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: No more snow, and none did stick thank goodness. We definitely have fall weather here. I've already started Christmas shopping!

@blackbird: Don't be sorry, your a busy lady.

@Smurfette: I hope you have a great vacation. How long of a car ride do you have?

@autumnlove: Hopefully they will be well behaved. Dinosaur museum sounds like a lot of fun, I wish we had one to go to.

33. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

LO just had her 18 month appointment today and was ridiculously over the top charming like she usually is with strangers. It's adorable and awesome. DH and I beam with pride. But honestly, it's the complete opposite of the cranky screaming girl we get in the house alone with us. It feels like she's playing us. Does anyone else have a LO that acts totally differently in front of others?

All was well at the appointment but I was surprised by the amount of potty information in the literature. It said it's time to buy a potty. I don't think I'm ready (not that LO is, at all). Who has started the potty process? How is it going?

34. Smurfette

@Corduroy: I am going to get one next month but just to put her on it before bath. I don't think she is ready at all just want her to get comfortable with it.

35. blackbird

Whoa, I haven't even considered potty training yet

36. Adira

@ALV91711: That's awesome Isaac slept so well last night! As for this weekend, we don't have any real plans - just hanging out at home and getting housework done.

@QueensBee: We're keeping Xander in his crib as long as possible!! So we're just going to move it to the new room and hopefully that helps him adapt to the change too. And we have NOT had any snow, thankfully! It's in the 60s here.

@blackbird: Don't feel bad! I think half of us keep up with HB while at work, so we're totally cheating, haha.

@Corduroy: We haven't even thought of potty training yet, though I think boys usually aren't ready as early as girls. Xander tends to join me in the bathroom, but he doesn't seem at ALL interested in what I'm doing. And he totally doesn't seem to care when he has a dirty diaper, so I don't think he's ready at all!

37. autumnlove

@Corduroy: potty training isn't on my radar yet. Maybe around 2+! I need LO to walk first!

38. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@autumnlove: @Adira: @blackbird: @Smurfette: glad to hear we're not last to join the potty party. It seems like there is always a ridiculously aspirational skill in the check up literature. I guess it makes sense because it covers 6 months worth of skills but it's hard to think in those terms.

39. Smurfette

@Corduroy: I am really waiting for day care to do it for me

40. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Smurfette: that was my plan too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee