Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

Hi ladies I'm back after a long break been lurking on boards. Things got crazy with family staying over the summer/fall and then some health issues for me (unrelated!). Most of it is resolved and hoping things are back to normal by thanksgiving.
    J has been doing great all along he has turned into this happy go lucky dude We had a belated 18mo appt and as expected it was much screaming and crying the entire time! He wouldn't even sit still long enough to get accurate weight. We decided to go with 26 pounds it showed once He is sleeping great and recently has started waking later some days at 7:30. Hoping that can ease into daylight transition. He is still babbling a lot and doesn't have many words yet only about 10 or so so far. I'm eager for him to say more and language 'explosion'! I also got a little potty but thatz about it for now for J to get used to sitting on it. That is the other thing I'm eager about!
    Anyone taking their LOs trick or treating for halloween? I got this cute 'king' cape for J to wear and maybe he can reuse in folllowing years as superman or sonething. My DH initially wasn't cool with the idea saying J doesn't eat candy but then jumped at it when I pointed out he could eat it I'm looking forward to that weekend for eating out and staying late with friends haven't seen in a while.
    @Smurfette: Hoping your DH is back and your weekend is going better.

2. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Hopefully he will be healthy for the next few months and you guys can stay away from the doctors office.

@Smurfette: That's too bad that it didn't go too well. Hopefully you are having a fun weekend.

@silver1: Glad to see you back. Sounds like things have been really busy for you. Hopefully the time changing won't mess up his good sleep. We are going to take Isaac to a couple of our neighbours trick or treating. He goes to bed early, so we won't have much time to go out, but I'm looking forward to it.

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@silver1: Welcome back!! We have just as much trouble getting Xander to sit for the weight measurement too. He screams bloody murder and tries to cling to me and just cries when I let go of him. I don't know why he hates it so much!

As far as trick-or-treating, I don't think we'll officially go, but our daycare has something where the teachers all have candy in the trunks of their cars and you go around trick-or-treating just in the parking lot, so we might do that! It'll depend on the day though. The event starts around his bedtime, so if he didn't nap well, we'll probably skip it.

4. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

@ALV91711: @Adira: Thanks ladies!! That sounds like fun with the daycare teachers and all the LOs! Iam just going to the neighbors in our apt building hopefully a few will be around in the early evening. Looking fwd to dressing him up and having some fun.

5. Adira

@silver1: I MIGHT go around our cul-de-sac... I'm not sure. I wasn't originally going to, but some of our neighbors might actually enjoy seeing Xander in his costume, so maybe we will!

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@silver1: We are going. Our neighborhood has a dinner from 5-7 and then all the kids go together. I will take her to a couple, even though she won't get it, she will just follow the big kids(3-5yrs) around like she always does. I will just keep her up a little later. It is a Friday so I am not concerned about it

7. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

We're going trick or treating with her cousins. A 3, 5, and 7 year old. I'm bringing a wagon for Her to sit in. I'm glad her costume is white so she doesn't go disappearing. I've though about rigging lights up to the wagon but that's a bit much lol. Maybe fun though

8. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I'm so excited about Halloween. We're planning to trick or treat around our cul-de-sac. It's only three other houses so I think it's a reasonable plan. I'm wondering how she will handle trick or treaters at our house. My nephew freaked the f out every time someone came to the door last year when he was 20 months.

LO had a fever of 104.5 this afternoon. Sigh. I think it's going to be one of those weeks.

9. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: Sorry about the festival not going well. Hope your DH got home soonish and you had a great weekend.

@silver1: Welcome back and glad to hear that your health has made a turn for the better.

@Adira: Yay for Xander being done with shots and hopefully you can stay out of the dr's offices until feb.

@Corduroy: Oh no for the fever, hope she feels better soon!

For us things are slowly improving. His night sleep is getting a lot more rested and the cough and cold he has seem to be getting better too. No trick-or-treating for us since it's not a custom here.

10. Smurfette

@blackbird: Target has glow sticks and necklaces in the $1 section. I got a necklace for R to wear.
    @Corduroy: Oh no! Hope today is better.
    @Pumuckl: Glad he is starting to feel better!

DH left this morning at 6am and won't be home till late Friday night. Boo!

11. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Smurfette: Oh fun! i actually just bought these in white AND blue to pimp out her wagon. i'll take it for a test run at Boo at the Zoo Friday. I may end up at Target this week if i have to replace our Sam's wipes, tho!

12. Smurfette

@blackbird: So fun! Where did you get that? I didn't think about decorating her wagon. I might have to do that!!

13. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Adira: did you ever find out what Xander had?
    @Corduroy: congrats! How exciting! I'm in my TWW but not feeling super hopeful.
    @silver1: welcome back! Glad everything is going well!

L is sleeping well again! Finally!!!

14. Adira

@travellingbee: No! They have on-line access to medical records, but when I tried to set up his account on Friday, they wouldn't let me because his primary care physician isn't at their hospital. So I'm going to have to go by their medical records department I think to get a physical copy and hope the test results are in there... I don't even know. So frustrating.

15. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend!

@Smurfette: That's so tough. My DH was away two nights last week and it was exhausting. He's never around for dinner, bath, or bedtime anyway, but it was extra hard since I had to deal with his usual chores like trash pick up, dishes, laundry, daycare drop off, the dog's nighttime walk. etc. I don't know how you do it all week! I hope R gives you lots of smiles and kisses this week for all the hard work!

@silver1: Welcome back! It sounds like J is doing great! We had the same issue with getting weighed at the 18 month appointment. I am really hoping the 2 year appointment won't be so torturous!

We have a neighborhood Halloween parade on the 24th that we'll be participating in. On Halloween itself, I'm not sure whether we will go to a few houses or stay back and man our own door. I'll probably play it by ear depending on his mood and my own energy level. I bought him the Baby Frankenstein outfit from Carter's. I was so happy when it arrived in the mail this weekend because it includes a pair of black fleece pants and a green shirt, which he can totally wear after Halloween! The super hero cape sounds adorable!

@Corduroy: Yeesh, how is she feeling today? I am excited about Halloween too!!

@Pumuckl: Glad he is feeling better!

@travellingbee: Yay for good sleep! We are in the middle of a sleep regression right now (full post to follow), and I am desperate for it to end soon! Good luck with TTC this month! Fingers crossed for you!

@Adira: That is crazy frustrating! I hope they give you some answers! The daycare trick or treating sounds like a lot of fun!

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

My only update is that we seem to be in the middle of a sleep regression. I'm not sure if it's officially the "18 month sleep regression" or simply the side effect of a fall cold, but P has been awake at either 4:15 or 4:30a.m. each morning since Friday. When he wakes up, he stands at his crib and starts to cry. I can hear that he's quite congested and coughing a lot. So I bring him into bed with us, where he tosses and turns and coughs until about 6a.m. No one is getting very much sleep!

I'm trying not to stress about it and to remember that this is a phases that shall pass (please? I hope?) but gosh, it is hard. I hope it passes quickly!

17. Adira

@QueensBee: What I thought was the 18 month sleep regression for us I think really was just Xander being sick. He'd wake up coughing in the middle of the night and then not be able to fall back asleep. Once he was finally over whatever he had, he's gone back to sleeping well again. Fingers crossed the same is true for you!

Also, sucking his nose out right before bed really helped us! So maybe it'll work for you too?

18. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Thanks! I gave him Motrin tonight after he fussed for 30 minutes in the crib. I suppose his throat could be sore or he could have a mild ear infection along with the cold. He fell asleep instantly after! If the Motrin doesn't help at 4am, I will bring out the big guns.... the Nose Frieda and humidifier... for tomorrow night!

19. Adira

So Charlie, the teddy bear, required stitches today. His head was starting to come undone, so I sewed him back up! It felt like a very "mom" thing to do!

20. Adira

@QueensBee: Hopefully motrin is all he needs and he sleeps through the night for you!!

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: I didn't realize how much Xander loves his teddy! So sweet.

22. Adira

@QueensBee: haha, yeah, he LOVES Charlie! Although I suspect Charlie was also not well made because Xander's only been interested in him for a couple weeks now - I wouldn't think that would be long enough to cause any damage!

23. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: Tonight was really bad again. He awoke from one of his coughs at around 8:30/9pm and just WOULD NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP. We (yes DH was actually home!) seriously tried until 11pm to get him to go back to sleep and gave up and just took him to bed with us then. So much for a chill evening on the couch...

@Adira: Very much the mom thing to do!

@QueensBee: Hope Pete is feeling better soon! I hate the cold/cough season...

24. Adira

@Pumuckl: Sorry to hear about your rough night! Sick babies are rough. Coughs always wake up Xander too and it's so hard to get them back to sleep when that happens. Hopefully tonight is better.

Xander seriously needs to learn some more consonants. He uses "d" for practically everything, so baby, Charlie, Teddy - they all sound almost identical coming from him because they're all like "day-dee, dar-dee, deh-dee".

25. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: I am sorry! That is a rough night. Hopefully tonight is better!
    @Adira: I feel so bad cause R will be talking and I have no clue what the heck she is saying. I am ready for the talking to get better.

26. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, same here! Xander will say something that sounds like "daddy" and I have to go through the list of words that I think it could be, and then half the time, I still don't guess it right at all! And he STILL says "zeh-zeh?" and I have noooooooo idea what that is!

27. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I hope the sick LOs are feeling better!

28. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: Thanks! Ugh it drives me nuts when they can't fall asleep. I'm generally a very patient person but at the end of a long day, when I finally put him in his crib, I totally start to lose my cool if he won't fall asleep. I actually have way more patience for MOTN or early morning wakings. But I'm glad DH was home to help and I hope last night was better for you!

The past two mornings have been more successful in our house, thanks to Motrin. He slept in until 5:30am yesterday and 6:00am today.

@Smurfette: I'm terrified for daylight savings time too! I can't deal with 4am mornings!

@Corduroy: Thanks! He still has a bit of a cough but nothing too bad.

29. Adira

I think the bad sleep others are experiencing is rubbing off on Xander. Last night he woke up around 10:00 p.m. and whined/cried for an hour before falling back asleep! I have no idea what was wrong! He would cry, but then as soon as you walked in the room, he would stop, so I'm not sure he was really in pain or anything? We ended up giving him Tylenol and just rubbing his back until he fell asleep and sneaked back out. Hope this was just a one time thing...

30. Munchkin

grape / 98 posts

No sleep in our household last night either. 18 mo sleep regression, diaper rash, transition to a floor bed - who knows. Le sigh.

31. Adira

@Munchkin: Here's hoping tonight is better.

32. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Adira: @Munchkin: Awww, my LO went to sleep at 8pm and was up at 9:45. I held her for about 10 minutes and she went back to sleep after that.

I hope tonight is better for all of us!

33. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

B has been waking up at 3:30/3:45 for the last few weeks 2-4 times a week. He wont go back to sleep either- so we have been bringing him in our bed and it just make sit worse since both DH and I are awake all night. Last night I was so fed up- I just put him back in his crib (even though he was crying) and left him for like 10 minutes- then he fell back asleep. (that was after 2 hours of being awake!) AHHH I am too tired and pregnant to be awake all night!

34. Adira

@cheert16: We can NOT bring Xander into bed with us. It fails every single time. He stops crying, but he gets hyper and just crawls all over both of us and we're constantly trying to make sure he doesn't fall off the bed! It's a disaster!! And I totally hear you about being too tired and pregnant for this! Last night, I had JUST fallen asleep when Xander woke up crying, and then I struggled to get back to sleep the rest of the night. It sucked.

I'm hoping we ALL have a better night tonight!

35. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: YES! Bradley gets in CRAZY mode- poking my eyes, and diving on DH.... urg!

36. Adira

@cheert16: Friggin' toddlers need to just STFU and go back to sleep.

37. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

SO I am a little concerned about Trick or treating- Bradley cant say "trick or treat" yet (although we have been working on it) Can anyone else's LO not say it? What is your plan for Halloween?

38. Smurfette

@cheert16: I haven't even tried to get her to say it. We will probably just say, R say trick or treat. Then she will stare the people, like what the heck is going on, and then be happy when she gets a sucker.

39. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: Haha! Ok good- I was worried that I hadn't started working on it sooner! We only plan on going to our neighbors houses (we live on a main road- so I don't really want to have LO walking down it!) I have been searching Craigslist & sales for a wagon- we need one!

40. Adira

@cheert16: Xander definitely can't say it! I'll probably do what @Smurfette: said and just bring him up to doors and be all "Say Trick-or-Treat!" and he'll just cling to me and hide because sometimes strangers freak him out. It'll be interesting...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee