Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: We can't hear R without the monitor either. You will get use to it.

2. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I hate to say it with everyone having sleep issues but she slept through the night and she is sleeping in! If she isn't sick this is unbelievable. She's only slept until 6am about 10 times since she was born. I cannot remember her sleeping longer than 10.5 hours, ever. She just hit 13. Am I going to have to wake this kid up for daycare????

I will never understand baby/toddler sleep.

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Oh good! I'm glad we're not the only ones! The biggest issue is that we're used to turning the volume of the monitor off, so we have to remember not to do that now!

@Corduroy: Woohoo sleep!!!! Hopefully it's not because she's sick or anything and hopefully she wakes up on her own right before you need her to!

4. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Adira: She woke up as soon as I posted and seems fine.

5. Adira

@Corduroy: hahaha, figures!

6. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Corduroy: Yay for an easy/peaceful morning for you!

@Adira: I'm sure it's just a matter of a couple of days until you're used to it. For us we don't hear B when he quietly cries without the monitor but once he is in full on tantrum mode we can even hear him on the street outside of our house

7. Adira

@Pumuckl: hahaha, I'm sure if Xander got loud enough, we'd hear him!! But if he's just doing his normal volume cry, we can't!

8. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Y'all, we had the worst night ever. E woke up at 10:45 (just as I was getting in bed), and couldn't ever really get back to sleep. He would kind of doze off but just cry and whimper. Finally at about 12:30, I decided I was just going to drive him around. When I went to put my tea and purse in the car and came back in, I realized that it smelled like gas in our house. DH and I figured out one of the stove burners was in just enough to be releasing gas but not making the clicking noise when it's by the "light" part of the knob. We have child covers on them, but they suck and if you lean wrong against them, they still come on a bit.

Anyway, so we decided we should put Finn in the car, too, so he wouldn't be breathing the gas and DH would air out the house while I was gone. I drove around for an hour, and then came back. E was asleep as stayed asleep, but F had woken up during the move to the car and couldn't go back to sleep until 3:45. That means, of course, that I finally went to sleep just before 4. I wish they would sleep in our bed for nights like that, but they just get hyper.

Our sleep regression has been going on for probably 4 weeks. The main issues have been fighting nap time and way short naps and then just waking up in the night and just being awake. They're happy to be held, but it's like they just cannot relax enough to ever get to sleep.

At least this thread reminds me that I'm in good company!

9. Smurfette

@Mrs. Blue: That is so scary! I am glad that they were up so you could air the house out. I hope things start to get better soon!

10. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Oh my gosh, your night sounded BRUTAL!!! I'm so sorry!!! How are you even functioning right now??? And what a pain with the gas and having to deal with that. Really hoping everyone sleeps better tonight for you!

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Wow, that sounds AWFULL!!! Glad all is well though. Hope the boys take a decent nap for their mama today so you get some downtime as well.

12. Adira

Oh my gosh girls, Xander has figured out that Mama is a whale and can't get off the floor by herself anymore! Whenever I'm playing with him on the floor and he wants me to move somewhere, he goes "Halp!" and gives me his hand in order to "help" pull me up! It's so cute!!

13. Smurfette

@Adira: haha!

14. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Adira: Hahahahaha! That's fantastic!

15. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Can you still get off the floor by yourself? I know you're due later than me, and maybe will never get to the whale stage.

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Corduroy: Glad she was a good sleeper! Did you end up having to wake her up?

@Mrs. Blue: That sounds horrible! At least you noticed the smell but oh my, what a terrible night! I hope sleep gets better for everyone soon.

@Adira: What a gentleman!
    I'm glad the transition to new room has been so smooth. Once again, Xander deserves a medal for being the most easy going toddler ever!

We actually had our first successful night of sleep in about two weeks. Pete fell asleep at 7pm with no fuss and woke up at 6am, in a good mood. It was delightful! I really hope the regression is behind us! Fingers and toes are crossed.

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: hahaha, my strategy is to try not play on the floor but it is so sweet of Xander to help you up. B gets me my shoes/slippers and puts them on me. Which is also just so stinking cute.

@QueensBee: yay, hope the great sleep continues for you guys.

18. Adira

@Pumuckl: Xander's new thing is he'll go to some location on the floor and look at you while patting the floor, like "Sit here!" So I'll do it, but eventually he'll want me somewhere else and I'm like "Sorry kid, Mama can't get up."

Xander will get my husband's shoes for him when he wants to go for a walk! He usually doesn't get mine though... jerk.

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac just can't catch a break. Today after naptime I got a call from daycare and they said when Isaac woke up it looks like he has pink eye. So I went and got him and took him to the doctor. Not only does he have pink eye but also an ear infection. He has to stay home for two days for sure. He just looked so sad and even though he had a long nap he desperately wanted to fall asleep. We got home and he skipped dinner and bathtime and was in bed asleep just after 6.

@Corduroy: That sounds like an amazing night of sleep.

@Mrs. Blue: I couldn't imagine a sleep regression times 2! Hope it ends soon for you.

@Pumuckl: Sounds like a fun and busy weekend. Hopefully he goes back to sleeping through the night soon. But I guess at least he falls back asleep in your bed. We've been having way too many 4am wake ups in the last couple weeks and no going back to sleep.

@Adira: That would be strange to not being able to hear him without the monitor. We have never used the monitor at night since we can hear him if he cries.

@Mrs. Blue: Yikes! What a crazy night. Hope tonight is way, way better for you.

@Adira: That is so cute that he wants to help you.

@QueensBee: Hopefully last night was the beginning of many more restful nights.

@Pumuckl: That is so cute that he gets your shoes for you.

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Oh no, that sounds rough. Hope he'll feel better soon!

@Adira: You'll have to work on Xander's shoe delivering service. I remember in that with B I just could not get my shoes on on my own in the last two weeks or so.

Our night was more of the same. He woke up around 3am this time and B just could not fall back asleep in his own bed. So to our bed he came and was out within seconds. What is this? Sure hope he'll be back to sleeping through the night in his own bed by the time his little sister gets here.

21. Adira

Xander's been waking up early... I really hope this is the sleep regression and not the new normal.

Also, my husband has been being a jerk. I'm so screwed with this second baby coming.

22. Smurfette

@ALV91711: Poor guy!! Pink eye sucks
    @Pumuckl: fingers crossed
    @Adira: how early?

Curses to all of you, jinxed me, R was up 4 times last night. I took a sleeping pill, since I can't sleep lately, big mistake since she kept waking me up. DH brought her to bed with us at 520 this morning. She slept on him till I think me in the shower woke her up. She was in a great mood at least.

But on the plus, my sister is coming over to babysit, so date night!!

23. Adira

@Smurfette: Just an hour early. 6:00 instead of 7:00, so we definitely don't have it as bad as most of you, but it's causing Hubs and I to fight in the morning.

Ooooh, date night!!! Jealous!!

24. Smurfette

@Adira: what are you fighting about?

25. Adira

@Smurfette: Hubs normally gets up with Xander and gets him ready for daycare, but the past two mornings with Xander waking up early (before I leave for work), we've gotten into a fight because Hubs just seemed set on ignoring his crying until HE (Hubs) was ready to get up. I ended up getting Xander both days and just taking him to daycare myself (and being late to work).

26. Smurfette

@Adira: oh that crap wouldn't fly with me. Home boy needs to get his butt out of bed.

27. Adira

@Smurfette: Agreed. But he wouldn't. I think I'm going to take over mornings for now, though I have no idea what will happen when the baby gets here. I get overwhelmed just thinking about it.

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Wow, that sounds stressful. Hope your hubs gets the message soon that babies are not predicitable and don't always do what you want them to do. And still whatever has to be done has to be done. And that might mean an hour less sleep for him a day. Hugs

@Smurfette: Glad R decided that sleeping on your DH was okay though and she didn't party in your bed.

29. Smurfette

@Adira: Don't take them over. Go get Xander and put drop him off with DH. You can't do it all. He agreed to having Xander and to another baby. He needs to step it up. Cause in less then two months, you won't be able to do it all.
    @Pumuckl: It was cute, at first she was laying on his shoulder. Then all the sudden she was like Mama, and poking me. I said R, it is nite nite time, so she laid down. I am surprised she did go back to sleep.

30. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, I thought about doing that, but I'm not sure dropping Xander off next to a sleepy angry person is a good idea... lol!

31. Smurfette

@Adira: I do it all the time!! If I am getting ready to leave and DH is still in bed and I hear R, I get her, change her diaper, and then she gets to wake up Daddy and she thinks it is hilarious.

32. Adira

@Smurfette: hahaha, well, I know Xander would love it, but I think Hubs would be even more mad at me!!

33. Smurfette

@Adira: too bad! He doesn't get to choose when he is a Dad.

34. Adira

@Smurfette: I wish I had your guts!! I think I just feel guilty because I'm the one that REALLY wanted kids and although he obviously was totally involved in the process, part of me still worries he only had them because it's what I wanted...

35. Smurfette

@Adira: even so, you have to draw a line in the sand now. Otherwise he is going to expect you to do it and take care of the new baby. You guys have to get on the same page, otherwise the ship is going to sink!

36. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, so true! I think I just need to talk to him sometime that's NOT in the morning. He's so grumpy in the morning!!! But like yesterday, he was a grouch and wouldn't get up with Xander and I ended up bringing him to daycare too, but then he was totally fine picking him up from daycare and watching him so that I could go out with some of the HB girls (rachelcakes and Mrs. Tiger) even though it was totally last minute. So I just need to talk to him in the evening I think.

37. Smurfette

@Adira: yeah first thing in the morning isn't a great time to have a serious talk. No one is awake for that. Hope you had fun last night!

38. Adira

@Smurfette: Plus having a toddler crying in the background isn't a great setting for any conversation! And thanks! It was fun to go out! I haven't done that in a while.

39. Adira

@ALV91711: Poor Isaac!! Sorry to hear about the pink eye AND the ear infections!! I'm actually surprised your doctor had you bring him in - ours doesn't want you to with pink eye and will diagnose it over the phone! Although it's good they saw him to diagnose the ear infections and get you antibiotics for those. Hope he's feeling better soon!

@Pumuckl: haha, I hear you! Currently my go-to shoes are just slip-ons. Not sure what I'm going to do when if it snows before the baby is here and I have to put on boots - it's so hard to bend over now! Bummer about your rough sleep last night though I'm impressed B fell asleep in your bed. Whenever we've brought Xander into bed with us, he just thinks it's play time.

40. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: I can't believe he has pink eye and an ear infection! He seriously cannot catch a break. I hope he gets more rest and feels better soon.

@Pumuckl: @Adira: @Smurfette: @Mrs. Blue: We're back in the Crap Sleep Club! It took about 45 minutes of fussing to fall asleep and he was up at 4am again today. When, oh when, will this sleep regression pass?

@Smurfette: Oh man, I can't imagine having to get up 4 times after taking a sleeping pill. I'd be such a zombie. Sorry you had a such a sh*t night. But a date night sounds like just the right fix!

@Adira: I agree that your DH is going to have to step it up a notch. You're a full time working mom who is 8 months pregnant. YOU should be the one who gets to sleep in!

It's really hard to find a balance when it comes to handling the household chores and child care. DH and I struggle with it a lot too. But it's nice that he was willing to help out at night for you to enjoy your HB buddies (fun!). I imagine that having a frank discussion, when you're both awake and alert, will go a long way. I hope!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee