Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: @Adira: I can tell you that the timechange isn't nearly as bad for us than I thought it would be. (We changed last weekend here in Europe). Since all his routines are now shifted by an hour he didn't have any issues adjusting.

@Smurfette: Hope you and R are both feeling better!

We had another not so great night. I tried to let him fuss until he stops but after nearly an hour I told him to go to sleep via the baby monitor but that made him so angry that he was full on wailing like a madman so I tried comforting him in his crib but he was having none of it so I finally gave up and took him to bed with me. Please let him go back to sleeping through the night in his own crib before the baby comes...

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Pumuckl: He didn't wake up an hour early at all after the time change??

3. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: He did wake up half an hour earlier but went back to sleep for another 2 hours after that. By Monday he didn't wake up earlier and today I had to wake him. (After he had gone back to sleep after the one hour fuss fest at 4:45am).

4. Adira

@Pumuckl: Um, that's AMAZING. And you didn't do anything in advance to prepare for the time change??

5. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Nope we just kept everything at it's usual times. So bedtime at around 7pm lunch and nap around noon etc.

6. Adira

@Pumuckl: I hope the rest of our kids adjust as easily as yours did!

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: So do I Now if my kid could just sleep a full night in his bed...

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Another bad morning here. Pete was awake at 4:15am. I put him back down in his crib and then stood in his room for 30 minutes. Finally, at 4:45am I thought it was safe to tip toe out of the room. Wrong! I took one step out and he jumped up and started screaming. I was losing steam so I sent my husband in to give it a try. Eventually the crying stopped, so I looked in on the monitor. The TWO of them were asleep together on the floor! Sigh, so he slept in his room but not actually in his crib.

9. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: We are in the same boat as you. I really *hope* it's a phase that passes but I also fear we've created early morning cuddle-monsters.

10. Adira

@QueensBee: Yikes!! Sorry to hear about the rough night!! Really hoping it gets better before the time change!

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Last night was horrendous. After 4 he only would sleep if I was holding him, then he was up and ready to play at 5:10.

@Pumuckl: I hope he sleeps in his own bed again soon. Good to hear the time change didn't affect anything.

@QueensBee: That is pretty cute that they were both asleep on the floor. I think this is a phase that will pass. Isaac used to always sleep in our bed after 4am, but then one day just started staying in his own bed. Now just for this regression/sickness to end.

Next week Isaac will be 100% in the toddler room. Exciting and scary all at the same time.

12. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

13. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh man, sorry to hear about the rough sleep!!! That's exciting about the Toddler Room though! Xander LOVES the Toddler Room at his daycare center!

14. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Good morning! So, I just tried to delete my post from last night because it asked for advice about how to dress Pete for International Day at his daycare, which had been stressing me out. Pete's half Italian so we were going to try to represent Italy but I had no idea how. My mom called me later last night and we came up with a plan. We're going to put him in an Irish sweater that she knit and represent his little bit of Irish heritage instead. Since no one had replied to the thread after me, and our problem was solved, I thought I could just delete my post. I completely forgot that there would be a somewhat cryptic "this post has been deleted my the poster" message. Whoops! I guess I should left it and just typed out an update.

Anyway, Pete was awake at his usual 4:20am. We just gave in and brought him into bed with us. I think I'm starting to get sick from the lack of sleep. Hoping that this is just a phase that will pass eventually!

@ALV91711: your post gives me hope that he'll sleep in his own crib eventually! Sorry you had a horrendous night!

@Adira: thanks!

@Pumuckl: You must relieved the time change didn't make sleep any worse! I hope you got some rest lady night!

15. Adira

@QueensBee: haha, I had responded JUST as you deleted it and then I deleted my response in case you didn't want any of it out in the open!! So glad you figured out a plan!! He's going to look so cute! And really hoping the sleep improves for you soon.

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Haha, now I'm curious about your suggestion! I think I just had groggy morning brain and wasn't thinking straight. I will definitely post a pic of him in his Irish attire on IG next Friday!

17. Adira

@QueensBee: Oh, I didn't have a suggestion, haha. I was all "That's crazy!" and "I can't believe they want you to provide food!"

18. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: I feel the same! I completely adore our daycare but I do think this is ridiculous. Also, they are closing at 3pm that day so we have to pick up the kids early in order to attend the event which runs 3:30-5:00pm. Maybe I'll feel differently after it's over if it's great fun but right now, I feel like it's a bit absurd.

I carved a pumpkin with Pete for the first time today and it was lots of fun! I had already cut the top off when I introduced the pumpkin so he just had to pull on the stem to lift it off. At first he was nervous sticking his hands inside. He kept shouting "yucky!" but he eventually warmed up to it. He loved taking the seeds out and putting them into a bowl. It was so much fun to see his reactions. It reminds me how fun this whole holiday season is going to be now that they're at an age when they are really starting to "get it" but everything is still brand new to them!

19. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

Guys! I booked Sadie's 2nd birthday party space today. Our house is too small, and affordable places around here book up so quickly. At the place I wanted there was actually only one weekend available between January and April! I had to snatch it up. We're going to have to have her party a week and a half early. I can't believe I'm already thinking about this stuff.

20. Adira

@QueensBee: Oh my gosh, the pumpkin carving sounds awesome! We didn't do that with Xander this year, but we totally should've!! Next year!!

@photojane: WTF - you've booked for her birthday party already???? Don't tell me stuff like that, haha. That's crazy how booked up things become around you! But at least you have it booked so now you can really start planning! I still can't decide if I even want to have a birthday party this year for Xander or just do something at home with the four of us. I was originally thinking I'd invite grandparents and our siblings, but that ends up being 11 more people! Not sure I want to deal with it...

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Good idea to represent his Irish side. That is crazy that you have to make food and pick him up early for this. Pumpkin carving sounds fun. We planned to do this with Isaac and I bought pumpkins, but we've kind of run out of time.

@photojane: That is crazy that you already had to book a place for her birthday party! I haven't even given it much thought yet.

@Adira: I think a small family party sounds ideal for me. I have been thinking of seeing if my mom, sister and niece will come out.

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: Sorry I'm so late to reply! YES I'm so scared that it'll go on forever but then so far (with other sleep regressions) at some point he just miraculously started STTN on his own again. So I'm still hoping.

@photojane: Oh wow, I'm only slowly starting to think about Christmas so you thinking about her birthday is amazing. Glad you got a space though.

@Adira: @ALV91711: Pretty sure his birthday will be another family affair in our house since it's right around easter again.

Our nights were more of the same the last couple of days *sigh*. Oh well, one day he'll go back to STTN. Also I learnt the other day that my little dude is having secrects His daycare teacher told me that he doesn't even use a pacifier to sleep during nap time. And that he usually is the first to wake up and that they have to be really careful to catch him because otherwise he walks around and wants to wake the other kids so they'll play with him. Not sure if there is anything I can do to help with that situation though. Where does he get those crazy ideas from?

23. Adira

@Pumuckl: Xander did the same thing at daycare - he stopped using his pacifier there for naps LONG before we dropped it altogether! I had no idea until I told them I wanted them to stop giving it to him so I could wean him of it and they were all "He has a pacifier here?? He never uses it!" And Xander's also the first to wake from naps too and they have to keep him from waking the other kids!

24. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: These kids are crazy but I'm glad mine isn't the only one. I think we'll ditch the pacifier at age 2. He's still really attached to it now and I don't want to take it away from him so close to having his life turned all around. (Besides I might be glad he still has his paci once his little sister is here).

25. Adira

@Pumuckl: Yeah, if Xander still had his pacifier, I definitely wouldn't take it away until sometime after the baby arrived!

26. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Adira: @Pumuckl: Our house is tiny. There is no way we'd be able to host here. I don't like to do any birthday stuff in late November-December, because I like to give all my attention to Christmas! January is way too late to book around here. I was just looking around to get some price quotes, so we could talk about it and book sometime in the middle of November. I'm glad I did... January 31st was the only date available the whole first part of the year! Now I can just concentrate on Christmas.

@Pumuckl: I was just thinking about taking the paci away and then Sadie started getting her 2 year molars, so now I'm too scared to take it away!

I can't believe so many Spring '13 mamas are getting pregnant or trying! So happy for everyone, but I can't even think about that!

27. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@photojane: girl, I cant think about it either. Even if we could afford day care for two. So not ready.

And we have HFM no halloween for R

28. Adira

@Smurfette: OMG!!! I'm sooooooo sorry!!!! Poor R! What symptoms does she have? Does she have the sores in her throat? I heard that's the worst part. I hope neither you or your DH get it.

29. Smurfette

@Adira: she has had a fever Tuesday and Wed night only, not during the day. So I took her to see if it was her ears. Sores in her throat and two small spots on her hand.

30. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: Oh no!!! What a shame. Hope she feels better soon.

31. Adira

@Smurfette: Ugh, I'm sorry. I hope it's a mild case for her.

32. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: Oh no! Poor girl. How is she feeling?! At least she won't really know what she's missing..? Will y'all still pass out candy?

33. Smurfette

@photojane: yeah we will pass out candy but last year we got like 4 kids in 2 groups. They don't come to the front of the neighborhood since the neighborhood pre-party is in the back. Maybe I can think of something DH and I can do with her.

34. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: Maybe you guys can get in your jammies and watch a movie and decorate cookies? That's fun! Sadie loves decorating cookies. And, Toy Story of Terror is a cute movie.

35. Adira

Oh man, one of the other moms from Xander's class made it to the Halloween party and parade today! She took some cute pictures of Xander in his costume! Makes me sad I wasn't there, but he looks super happy, so I guess he doesn't care.

36. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@photojane: Wow, I can't believe it's time to start thinking about birthdays either! But I'm happy you were able to snag the last available date at a venue you love.

And yes, we are starting to think about baby #2 but I am way too nervous to actually make the leap. We barely have our act together right now, I can't imagine starting over. I hope to feel more ready after the holidays.

@Smurfette: So sorry to hear this. Does she seem very uncomfortable or in pain? I hope you are able to avoid it.
    You can always carve a pumpkin as a fun activity?

@Pumuckl: We have a pacifier addict here too. I'm also thinking we'll kick it for good around 2. I hope!

@Adira: The parade sounds adorable! I'm glad you were able to see photos.
    And, I feel like I should update you on the International Day saga. My parents went shopping in Little Italy yesterday and bought him an Italia jersey and soccer ball so we are bak to representing Italy!

Sleep was better for us last night. He was pretty congested so I gave him Motrin, some baby vapor rub, and saline spray before bed. He slept from 6:30pm-5:00am. Not ideal but so much better than 4:15am!

37. Adira

@QueensBee: That's awesome that your parents are helping out with International Day and got him a little outfit!! So cute!! And glad to hear that sleep was better last night for you as well. Hopefully it's a continuing trend!

38. Smurfette

@QueensBee: she doesn't seem sick at all!!! Running around like crazy.

39. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

happy halloween mamas!! playing catch up on this thread...

@photojane: wow already booked?! you are on top of things, lady! i haven't even decided if we'll throw J a real party for his 2nd or just keep it low-key with family.

@Smurfette: poor R! HFM sucks, but it sounds like she has a pretty mild case and is in good spirits so far!

@Adira: I was sad I couldn't make the halloween parade either, but a friend (mrs. checkers) was and took some cute pics of our girls. DH just went to pick up the kids so they'll be home by noon, and we'll have them nap at home so they'll be super well rested for the trick or treating festivities tonight. we're getting together with some friends and their kids.

@QueensBee: 45 min of extra sleep in the morning makes a world of a difference - glad he slept better last night!

40. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: Oh nice!! That will be fun to get together with friends for trick-or-treating! We're just going to go around our cul-de-sac, so nothing too special. And not picking up Xander until around 5:00... just hoping he naps okay at daycare! Though it'll only take us maybe 15-30 minutes to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood, so I'm not too worried! Hope you have fun tonight!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee