Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Oh my gosh, too cute! That is definitely a framer!

@Mrs. Blue: @ALV91711: @Pumuckl: Sign us up for the 4am party! The No-Sleep Club. I'll serve strong coffee and Oreos. Maybe we should ask Mr. Bee to reschedule future postathons for 4am!

@ALV91711: The show sounds like lots of fun! Who is his favorite character? Elmo?

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

Why won't R sing?!?!?!

We put her to bed early last night cause she was so tired. I had to wake her up at 7, so she slept 12 hours. She did cough a lot last night. I hope she isn't getting sick again. She was so cute when I was getting her dressed, she kept pointing when I was putting on her shoes, she wanted her silver one. So glad I bought them on sale in the next two sizes. She also kept saying bow bow bow, so I put a clip in her hair that is ok to lose since I know it won't survive the day.

DH is gone till Friday night, glad that I only have two solo days this week!

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Xander doesn't sing either, so you're not alone!

And YAY for sleep!!! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke and hopefully she's not getting sick!! That's so cute about how she was picky about her outfit. And it's AMAZING how much these kids are saying these days!!

4. Smurfette

@Adira: Yes! After I figured out what she wanted, I said next time say Silver Shoes, and she said it. She still doesn't talk that much, unless we ask her questions. I am so ready for more.

5. Adira

@Smurfette: Xander's language has exploded, but I still struggle to figure out what he's saying! Last night, he was saying something like "derrr!" and I was all "WTF?" and then he would roar. I finally figured out he wanted his dinosaur costume on, haha. Half the time, I'm just like "Can you enunciate that for me?" which totally doesn't help.

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I hope baby #2 is an awesome sleeper for you.

@Adira: That is a really great picture! I'm jealous that you get to sleep until 9am. Sunday is my sleep in day and usually I'm up around 7:30 and if I'm lucky 8. But that does feel good compared to 5 or 5:30.

@QueensBee: His favourite is cookie monster. He knows who pretty much all the characters are and can say most of their names.

@Smurfette: So cute that she is picking out what she wants to wear. Isaac doesn't sing any songs yet either.

Daycare called us to pick Isaac up early today as they were concerned that his eyes were goopy. They wanted him to get checked by the doctor. So I sent DH to get him since he is closer and met them at the doctor. Well the walk in clinic was closed, but Isaac's eyes are totally fine. Just a bit of sleepy goop in them. I was a bit annoyed about that. They should know the difference between regular goop and pink eye, which is what they made it sound like it was.

7. Adira

@ALV91711: I probably don't actually sleep in that long because I can hear Xander screeching and being loud, haha. And half the time, he runs to the bedroom door and is all "Mama!!!"

Ugh, that totally sucks about the daycare! You'd think they would know what pink eye looks like. It's definitely different than sleepy seed goop! But at least he doesn't have pink eye!

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: So jealous that R sleeps until 7am! But I also hope it's not because she's coming down with anything. She sounds like she's developing a real sense of style with her silver shoes!

@ALV91711: Sheesh, it would drive me nuts if I had to leave work early for some eye crusties. I agree that they should be able to tell the difference at this point!

@Adira: Haha no it never works when I ask Pete to enunciate for me. That dinosaur costume obsession is too cute. My friend's son is 3 yo and he wears a Peter Pan outfit almost every day.

9. Smurfette

@QueensBee: well she was back to 6am this morning. Damn time change.

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Winter is here and it is time for mama and baby to get out of dodge. Today we are flying to grandma's for a week visit. I'm a little nervous to have this busy toddler on my lap for an hour and a half flight, but hopefully I have enough distractions.

@Smurfette: We were up just before 5am today. Yuck. I hope you get a later sleep.

11. Adira

@ALV91711: I'm behind and just saw your post! How was the flight?? Or will we not hear from you until you get back? Have fun!!

@Smurfette: How's the sleep going? Xander seems back to normal, but we've definitely pushed his bedtime back to 7:00. We were putting him down between 6:00 and 7:00, but now I know if we put him down before 7:00, he'll just wake up earlier. Hope R is sleeping well for you.

12. Smurfette

@ALV91711: hope the flight went well!
    @Adira: Well Sat she woke up around 7. Sunday my Mom said it was 645. Today it was 6, but I didn't go get her till 640 and I felt like the worst Mom when I walked in her room. I could smell the poop. She pooped over night and slept in it all night, poor girl was so red. Crying during the whole diaper change.

13. Adira

@Smurfette: Ugh, don't feel bad - I have totally done that before too! Xander will wake up early and I'll be all "please go back to sleep" and ignore him (if he's just whining) and then when I do go get him, realize why he woke up so early. Stop pooping in the night, babies!!

14. Smurfette

@Adira: I should have known since she didn't go yesterday, which is really weird for her.

15. Adira

@Smurfette: Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully it's nothing a little desitin (or similar) can't clear up!

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Hope the flight went well! Enjoy the warm weather at Grandma's!

@Smurfette: Definitely not the worst mom in the world! Overnight poops happen and there's no way to know about them. Only so much you can do...

Your weekend getaway looked so amazing!! I hope you and DH were able to really relax and unwind!

@Adira: Baby #2 must be so close! Can you remind me of the due date again?

17. Adira

@QueensBee: December 16th! 5 more weeks!!!!

18. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Ahhh, so soon! I'm so excited for you (and all the other pregnant Mamas!) I'm going to rely on you guys to convince me to take the plunge for #2 soon.

19. Adira

@QueensBee: haha, so maybe after the baby is born, avoid all posts from me where I'm sleep deprived! That probably won't convince you to do anything except to be one and done!

20. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Good point!

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira:@QueensBee:@Smurfette: The flight was good and Isaac did amazing. It was delayed due to weather and we say in the plane for almost an hour before take off and he didn't misbehave or cry once. The ladies beside us were impressed.

He is having so much fun with his cousin and he warmed up to everyone right away this time which is good. He is calling my mom and me both mama and that is getting confusing.

I'll catch up when I'm back since all I have is my phone and it is a pain to type on.

22. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

So I just had a really rough night getting Pete to sleep. DH was stuck late at work, as usual, and Pete had been screaming since 6:50p.m. First, I went in every 15 minutes or so to give him his pacifier and rub his back. No dice. Then, I sat on the floor of his room next to him until I thought he was asleep. As soon as I walked out of the room, more screaming. Finally, I was at my wits end, sitting on the couch in the living room. I yelled up, "Stop crying! Close your eyes, put your head down, to go to sleep!" Lo and behold, that actually worked! I am flabbergasted and so relieved!
    @Smurfette: I feel like your DH did something similar once when he gave R some commands through the monitor?
    I am still smh in disbelief that my hollering from the first floor is what actually did the trick tonight...

23. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Sounds like a great flight, even with the delays! I hope Pete is that good when we fly to Florida in a few weeks... Have fun on your trip!

24. Smurfette

@QueensBee: Yep! We talk into the monitor all the time. My Dad even did it on Sunday for nap. Totally works! Sorry you had a rough night!!

25. Adira

@ALV91711: That's awesome that the flight went well and he did so great!! And so nice how quickly he's warmed up to people!

@QueensBee: Oh my gosh!! Sorry to hear about your rough night!!! That's crazy that you yelling up to him to just go to sleep actually worked! Hopefully the rest of the night is okay for both of you!

26. Adira

So my parents got a car seat for their car and my mom tried to install it this past weekend and didn't install it correctly. They put it in the middle in the back, which is good, except that they used the latch system which I don't think you can use in the middle of their car. And it was super loose - like I was shaking it and it was moving 3-4 inches back and forth. At least they installed it early enough that we should be able to fix it before they need it though. Hopefully I can help them get it installed correctly, though I know nothing about the specific seat they got.

27. Smurfette

@Adira: they probably don't know the laws, you just need to tell them. We ordered one for my parents to keep at their house and I sent them a YouTube video on how to install in. Then we made sure it looked right and reminded them how the straps need to be, chest clip, etc. They think I am a little much at time but I don't care.
    And some cars do allow latch in the middle, just depends on the car. Plus at this point, you might want to skip Latch due to weight limits.

28. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, my mom definitely thinks I'm ridiculous about certain things (like I won't let Xander wear a regular puffy winter jacket in the car). I'll have to get a hold of her car manual because I'm not sure if she can use latch in the middle or not. And that's a good point about the weight limits - I'll have to look into that. I think the weight limit is 65 lbs (including the weight of the car seat) or is that car seat specific?? Now I forget how all that works!

29. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: thanks. He actually slept until 5:15am which is a miracle!

I also think you could send a YouTube video along with the manual. The manuals can be so confusing. (When we were checking out of the hospital when Pete was born, there was a new grandpa there trying to install the car seat for his daughter. This guy was a neuro professor at Princeton and even he was totally stumped by the manual!) Also, you could find out if there's a hospital or fire house that will check their installation for free. And yes, you may appear crazy to them but I think this is one area where that's okay! Good luck!

30. Adira

@QueensBee: Oh, that's a good idea about seeing if there's somewhere they can get their car seat installation checked! I wonder if the local fire station has someone that could do that for them. I'll look into that! And I totally agree about how confusing the manuals are. I probably read ours three times before I even attempted to install it!

31. Smurfette

@Adira: I think it depends on the car seat. I was confused by the one in my car, found two different limits online, so we just went ahead and switched both cars to the belt. Plus this way, your Mom doesn't have to relearn a different way.

32. Adira

@Smurfette: That's a good point. I actually told her to just go use the belt because I wasn't sure if she could even use the latch in the middle anyway (and she seemed pretty set on having the car seat in the middle), so hopefully she figures out how to install it with the belt instead! I know with our car seat, it seems harder to install with the belt, but definitely still doable.

33. Adira

Random question for you girls - do your kids take any sort of vitamin? Xander did when I was breastfeeding to make sure he got vitamin D, but I stopped giving it to him he weaned and started drinking hemp milk. My pediatrician hasn't mentioned it and I keep forgetting to ask her!

34. Smurfette

@Adira: When I asked mine she said yeah you can. But she didn't seem concerned about it. I just keep forgetting to get some.

35. Adira

@Smurfette: Maybe I'll just not worry about it until after his next appointment (or ask her if I remember at some of the new baby's appointments).

36. Smurfette

@Adira: Did you decide on a name?

37. Adira

@Smurfette: I'm 95% sure we're going with Logan Matthew!

38. Smurfette

@Adira: cute!

39. Adira

@Smurfette: I think it flows well with our last name. And it's really the only name Hubs and I both agree on, haha. Neither one of us LOVE it like we did with Xander, but we pretty much hate everything else (or one of us does)!

40. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: that's worked for us a few times- telling him through the monitor to go to sleep!

@Adira: cute name!! You must be due pretty soon, huh?

Hi all! I've been MIA. I've been so focused on TTC our second that I've mainly been on those pages. We are supposed to start fertility treatments next cycle so hopefully that'll do the trick.

Nothing big going on with L. Yesterday he weighed a little over 28lbs on our bathroom scale. He's getting his 3rd and 4th canines in so we've been all about the advil. He's been pretty healthy with only a few daycare colds. He is solidly in the terrible twos and tries to throw a tantrum about everything- with me. At school and with daddy alone, he's perfect. With me, he's a little devil.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee