Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@autumnlove: The whimpering in their sleep is just as bad. Isaac does this some nights and it usually startles me.

@blackbird: I hope the sleep training works fast.

@Smurfette: I hope R's sleep gets longer before daylight saving.

Our sleep has good nights and bad. He was doing great over Christmas and then the first few days back at daycare were terrible. Things were finally good and now he is sick. I can't wait for when every night is good.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Sorry to hear about everyone's rough time with sleep. Xander is still sleeping pretty well. Goes to bed by 7:30 and usually sleeps until 7:00. Naps are a struggle though. He usually fights going down for a nap. Though he definitely still needs one. We were at a baby shower on Sunday was which went well into naptime. By the time we left, he was zoning out and then just passed out in the car.

Our weekend was good. It helps when we have plans on the weekend. Xander definitely needs the entertainment. Saturday my brother came over to catch up on TV and play with Xander. Then Sunday was the baby shower. And Monday my parents came over for a visit.

3. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Sorry everyone is having trouble with sleep. Ours *knock on wood* is pretty good most days. He does still sometimes wake at night but usually will settle down within 5 or 10 minutes and doesn't need us there. He sleeps until 6-7am these days. Hope it stays that way - it be way unfair if we hit another sleep regression so soon after we finished the last one barely two weeks ago.

Our weekend went amazingly smooth. Luckily we were able to spend the days at my grandma's place where the little dude can play outside and has lots of space to run around. He still loves his sister dearly. Every morning he goes to check whether she is still here

4. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Smurfette: omg daylight savings. Forgot about that. Two months!

@Pumuckl: 6-7 is excellent sleep! i was reading on Troublesome Tots (my fave baby sleep website) about how 2 year olds have a slew of sleep issues and i'm like NOOOO SAY IT ISN'T SO.

E STTN last night, so maybe we only needed the one night of sleep training for her to figure it out again. She hasn't STTN in probably 3 weeks now. It's been awhile!

5. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@autumnlove: hi! And she's good. Super ornery and stubborn and hilarious - just how we want them lol I just saw that so many of you are having another one and that's so great!!!
    That might be why I feel out of the 'loop' there won't be anymore babies here. 11,8 and 21 month old is enough lol

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@blackbird: yay!
    @Crisark: Good to see you again!! We still aren't sure if we are having another. If we do, we are still a year, maybe year and half, from getting pregnant. Can't have two in day care.

7. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Crisark: Stubborn is such a common word to describe a 21 month year old...hahah! Mine is the same way!

8. Adira

@Pumuckl: I'm jealous of how into his sister B is!

@blackbird: YAY! I hope you won't have to sleep train and E continues to sleep well!

@Crisark: Good to see you again! And totally agree about the stubbornness!!

9. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Hi everyone!

After months and months of terrible sleep (the 18 month sleep regression that never ended), we have been having a decent week. Pete has slept in his own crib from 7:00pm-5:30am (or a little later), each night for about a week now. It's not ideal but it's so much better than it was!

DH is leaving on a business trip this Thursday for four days so I'll be solo parenting for the first time in a while. Not looking forward to it.

@Crisark: Welcome back! Good to hear from you! I didn't realize you had three- yes, you have your hands full!

@blackbird: I'm going to check out that Troublesome Tots website! Glad that you were able to re-train in one night!

@Pumuckl: Yay, happy you had a great weekend with your two!

@Adira: Yes, Pete needs activity each day or else he goes crazy! We went on a nature center on Saturday, ran a bunch of errands on Sunday, and to the aquarium yesterday to keep him busy! It's exhausting, especially in this cold weather, but better than dealing with a cabin fever toddler!

@Smurfette: Hope she gets back in a good sleep pattern soon. I know how hard it can be, especially when you have to work in the morning!

10. Smurfette

@QueensBee: I really shouldn't complain. During the week I am up before her, but after almost two weeks of her sleeping till 8 the 630/700 wake up call on the weekends is brutal. DH and I are not morning people. Luckily when she first wakes up, she likes to chill in her crib before she even lets us know she is up.
    Glad that he is sleeping better!

11. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@Smurfette: Oh I know! Daycare can be so so pricey.
    @autumnlove: Anna is convicted in her battles thats for sure lol but shes also very shy still even with family which I had hoped would have gotten better by now.
    @QueensBee: oh yeah! I have a preteen, my middle one is in the process of receiving an official ADHD diagnosis and the terrible twos are quickly approaching lol
    @Adira: it's good to be back!

12. Adira

@QueensBee: Glad to hear Pete's sleep has been better! And YES! The cold is really brutal on Xander - he likes going outside on walks and we haven't been able to go out lately. Definitely having activities to do or other people visit to play with him is sooooo helpful!

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Home sick again today. A nap soon and then we are heading to the doctors.

@Crisark: A pre teen! Yikes! You sure have your hands full with three.

@Smurfette: Your lucky that she likes hanging out in her crib quietly. When Isaac wakes up he is yelling right away. These days he yells "mommy poopy" so that I'll come right away.

@QueensBee: Good to hear that he is spending the nights in his own crib again. I'm looking forward to spring and summer and an activity can just be running around the yard.

@Pumuckl: So awesome how much he loves his little sister.

14. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@ALV91711: lol oh yeah. And she's already started 'womanhood' after only 4 days in middle school. She's now taller than me, wearing shoes a size bigger than me and god she's beautiful. Which is a blessing and a curse because she looks 16 and she's not quite 12! She needs to wear sign at all times that says 'I'm jail bait don't look at me' lol

15. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

How is everyone's day going?

We had a really lovely afternoon and evening yesterday. I picked Pete up from daycare and he was in a great mood. He was such a happy and easygoing kid all through dinner, bath, and bedtime. Then, he slept in his crib peacefully until 4:45am, which is good for us. Lol it made me feel like I was rocking this whole parenthood thing and could have ten more kids! I'm sure he'll bring me back to reality this afternoon with whining and crying and stubbornness again!

I'm starting to think about his second birthday party, which will be held at our home. We're going to keep it smallish (just immediate family and our friends with small kids). I am considering hiring a kids entertainer for 30 minutes or so, someone who can play kids songs on a guitar and sing, to make it feel a little more special than an ordinary playdate. But DH thinks that sounds lame and a waste of money! What do you guys think? Yay or nay to children's entertainment?

16. blackbird

@QueensBee: I feel like two year olds LOVE music! So unless it was super expensive, I would be game!

We're just having E's at a park, nothing fancy. I'll be too far along to give many shits

17. Smurfette

@QueensBee: I think it is a great idea!! The kids will love it.

We are doing ours at home, just family again, but 40 people none the less. Afternoon again. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme, since now she likes Mickey more then Minnie. Looking for an outfit for her already, you know the important stuff!!

I took R yesterday to her post tubes check up. One tube has some dried discharge, so we have to give her drops for a week. Then go back for her hearing test. I hate having to take some much time off work for doctor's visits. But on the plus side she was a rock star in letting them look in her ears. Before tubes she fought and screamed.

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: ahh glad to hear that her ears seem to be bothering her less!

@QueensBee: that sounds like fun! B loves listening to music. Glad sleep has gotten better. B is sleeping nearly 7-7 in his crib most days these days. Since little sister is a pretty good sleeper I usually am doing okay in the sleep department these days. Hope it stays that way.

I think I totally forgot to tell you guys that we will be moving halfway across the country after easter. We're excited and sad at the same time. I still have to talk to my boss and really hope I can continue to work for the same company. It'll nearly completely eliminate my solo parenting though so that's some really good news plus we'll have a house and not just an apartment so lots of additional space.

19. autumnlove

@QueensBee: I think the entertainer is a great idea!

We are going to invite 4 families over and my inlaws over for LO's second. She likes Elmo and Peppa Pigga so I will pick one (prob Peppa) as the theme.

20. autumnlove

@Pumuckl: good luck with the move!!!

21. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: That's awesome! I hope you can keep your job. DH is traveling next week and I am not looking forward to it. Glad that your solo days will be over.

22. blackbird

@Smurfette: of course you need a mickey theme I need to get E a mickey shirt. I love that the girls are so into something. It just lights her right up. I'm glad the tubes are working great for her.

@Pumuckl: Oh wow that's great! I hope you can keep your job!

@autumnlove: I feel like pigs are a good/easy theme to go with, too!

23. Smurfette

@blackbird: We just got her this one a couple weeks ago. We have another from the Disney Store that is super cute but not on the site anymore. I think I am going to do a personalized shirt for her bday and then pair with a red tutu.
    http://www.disneystore.com/mouseketeer-tee-for-girls/mp/1367432/1000228/

24. autumnlove

@blackbird: I can totally make this...right!?

25. blackbird

@Smurfette: OMG that's so cute!!!!

@autumnlove: I'm going to say yes. That looks pretty easy to me! A couple of sheet cakes carved up? Some icing? Sure! Maybe your Peppa will look a little...speshul, though.

26. Smurfette

@autumnlove: who is Peppa? Is it mentioned on her but I have never heard of it otherwise.

27. autumnlove

@Smurfette: it is a cartoon on Nickoledeon. A British pig...I like it! LO 1 got a lot of Peppa books and DVDs for her bday so LO 2 is really into her too!

28. Smurfette

@autumnlove: I guess I need to check out Nickoledeon. We only watch Disney Junior and then during other shows, R says Minnie, Minnie. She is obsessed. Like cried one day cause I put Doc on instead.

29. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@QueensBee: That sounds so fun! Sadie would love it. Toddlers love to dance, so that should be fun, and make for some cute pictures!

@Smurfette: Do they take the tubes out eventually? Sounds like she's doing well with them! MMC is perfect for her! She's going to be so excited. If you're looking for someone to do a personalized shirt, let me know! I have a friend that does super cute embroidered shirts.

@Pumuckl: Congrats on the move and new house! I'm sure it's stressful, but the end of solo parenting is so exciting!

@autumnlove: Sadie LOVES Peppa! I like her too. I love when they fall out laughing. So cute. That cake is adorable - I bet it wouldn't cost too much to have it made since it's flat like a sheet cake! Can we come to the Peppa party?!

Sadie's party is in a week and a half, and I have so much to do. I keep saying I will work on it after Sadie's in bed, but then I'm too exhausted. Sadie's super excited about her Toy Story party though. She tells everyone about her "Jessie party."

30. Smurfette

@photojane: They fall out eventually, but are so small you don't even see them. Please forward me the name, I was going to just find one on etsy.
    What are you doing for the party?

31. autumnlove

@photojane: LO 1 is obsessed with Danny Dog, Candy Cat and Rebecca Rabbit....I hope she doesn't get jealous over the Peppa theme!

32. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: The shop name is Sew Cute Creations 4 You. She's actually the mom of one of my childhood friends. She's really talented and affordable! She can do just about anything you want. She's doing Sadie's shirt again this year -- I'm just getting a big "2" in Toy Story fabric on a raglan. She has an Etsy shop, but I would just message her on Facebook, because she'll get back to you right away.

Look through her pictures on her Facebook, and you can see some of the birthday shirts she's done: (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sew-Cute-Creations-4-You/143352782355813?sk=photos_stream).

I'm attaching some Disney World shirts she did and Sadie's shirt from last year, so you can see some of her work:

33. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@autumnlove: for some reason George is Sadie's favorite. She calls him "Juish" Maybe E will just be excited about all the Peppa and not get jealous?

34. Smurfette

@photojane: thanks so much!

35. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: no problem! The quality is amazing. Should be getting Sadie's the beginning of next week, and I'll send you a picture.

36. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Okay, thanks for the reassurance re: the musician! Even if it's silly, I think the LOs will like it. We are going to have a train theme because Pete is obsessed with trains. It's not the most original theme but I know he will love it!

@blackbird: Ha, I can imagine!

@Smurfette: Glad the ear check went well! And I love the Mickey theme! Those shirts are super cute and R totally rocks the tutu!

@Pumuckl: Wow, that's very exciting! I hope you are able to keep your job! You are going to love the space of a house with two little ones. And no more solo parenting, you must be so pumped!

@autumnlove: Ambitious cake! I don't know of Peppa either, I will have to check her out! The idea of a British cartoon pig is adorable and hilarious.

@photojane: Party is soon! Let us know how it goes! You're doing it a ranch with hay rides, right? So fun!

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Did you have another good afternoon today? I think an entertainer for the party would be fun, as long as it isn't too expensive.

@Smurfette: How do you think the tubes have helped? Hopefully her hearing test goes good.

@Pumuckl: That is exciting that you won't be solo parenting anymore. And more room will be good with two LO's.

@autumnlove: That doesn't look too hard to make.

@photojane: Toy story will be a fun party! Isaac just watched that for the first time this weekend and loved it.

I'm being lazy and doing a sesame street theme again. Re use all the decorations from last year. I haven't really decided if we are inviting anyone. My mom will be here and I was thinking of inviting a couple of the neighbours for some cake. The boys all had fun playing outside together last summer.

Today was day three home from daycare. DH stayed home today. I'm hoping he wakes up feeling a lot better tomorrow and can go to daycare. I guess he was pretty miserable and had a 3 hour nap at 8:30 this morning. Then he asked to go night night early tonight.

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Bummer Isaac's still sick! I really hope he'll feel better today!

@QueensBee: I have a train and dog lover here. I'll have to to see whether we'll get to see some real trains soon. We have a big transport museum here so maybe once little J is a bit bigger we can take them there. Still lots of gloomy winter weekend days ahead of us.

@photojane: Have fun with the last preparations for Sadie's birthday! It sure sounds as though it's going to be fun!

If little J's cold is better tomorrow I think I will go talk to my boss tomorrow. Really hope we'll find a way to make it work.

39. Smurfette

@ALV91711: I do think they have helped. The fact that we can now take her temp without her fighting it and screaming. Let alone she let the doctors look in her ears. I think she was hurting but just never told us.
    Hope the little guy is feeling better!

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: That's awesome. Do you notice a difference in her speech?

@Pumuckl: Hope you were able to make it into your work and talk to them.

Isaac is on the mend. He went to daycare today. Now I'm getting a cold. The only good thing is this cold I can take meds, it is the first time I've been sick since finishing breastfeeding.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee