Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2015 Moms and Babies

1. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@SeptMomma12: I am constantly wearing milk. I rarely ever feed from both sides and that hasn't been an issue with her weight gain. Are you weighing her at home?

2. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@NavyRN2012: I think my body has adjusted too because even when she skips her 3a wake up now, I still wake up for it. Maybe I'm the one that needs sleep training!

3. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Anya: No, that was at the doctor but I actually just ordered a baby scale for home. Does your LO bring it up like a fountain too? I remember spit up with my son but not soaking like this!

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SeptMomma12: my LO was slow to gain too. She's almost 7 weeks, but occasionally spits up, I think it's usually due to a burp trapped under more milk. Have you tried burping before switching? I found it helped a bit.

@Anya: I get one long stretch from 8:30-2ish but she's up every 2hrs after that. I'd kill for the two longer stretches she started doing in the early days.

5. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@SeptMomma12: yep! But she's a happy spitter and has been gaining enough so now that I'm over the shock of it, it doesn't worry me too much.

6. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@NavyRN2012: do you ever try to put your LO back down after the 6 am feed? My LO is the same age with a similar sleep schedule and I kept trying to get more sleep in the morning and now he usually will go back down for 1-2 hours. I don't always get more sleep but even having that first cup of coffee by myself is so nice!

7. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Banana330: When did she start gaining better? Was there anything in particular that helped?

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SeptMomma12: she was gaining 0.5 Oz per day average for a long time. I had pretty low supply so she's eat for 45min total (both sides). Between 3-4weeks we started feeding her every 2hrs during the day and every 3 at night. We added in an Oz of formula if she seemed hungry after a feed (usually only an Oz a day) and I added in some pumping to up my supply. She gained 6oz that week. After that she still eats every2.5hrs during the day but let her dictate night feedings. She's still only 3% for weight but she's growing, gaining and has the right wet/dirty diapers. I started taking domperidrone to help my supply and she's pretty happy now. I think it helped just getting her over the hump and now she's a bit bigger she eats quicker and seems satisfied. It was a pretty stressful few weeks.

9. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

@As Time Goes By: I don't because I work, so I'm up at 530- feed him at 6, then leave for work. My husband has to be up then as well to get our son to school, so maybe with it being summer, he will get him into the habit of sleeping after that 6 am feed. I'd sure appreciate it on the weekends!

10. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

-How old is your LO? 1 month yesterday

-Do you have any older children? had a son who passed away at 14 months

-What is your baby's latest milestone? He's rolling belly to back, I didn't believe that babies really could roll this early, but he does it consistently, it's pretty crazy

-What is your current favorite thing about LO? I love him falling asleep on my chest

-How has your family unit been adjusting to the new baby? Really well, we knew what to expect more or less and he's definitely been an easier baby so far than Lucas was

-How are YOU doing? Pretty good, my physical recovery from labor was super easy. Breast-feeding has been more painful this time, but it's tolerable. I'm definitely not loosing the pregnancy weight as easily this time. I'm still up 15 lbs and it's been stagnant for a while, I'm hoping when the chaos of visitors dies down I can start walking a few miles everyday and get some of these extra pounds off

11. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@SeptMomma12: my big girl was a happy chucker and I would offer both sides but about 30-45 minutes apart. She also loved to comfort suck but that never ended well! And FWIW, 6oz in ten days is on the lower side of gain but my understanding is that it's still within the acceptable / normal range for weight gain... Have you checked out the weight gain info on Kellymom? They have some great charts on how weight gain should look!

12. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Ms.Badger: wow strong baby!

13. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Mrs.KMM: how have you been getting along at home?

14. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

-How old is your LO?
    2.5 weeks

-Do you have any older children?
    Nope, first human baby (two dogs)

-What is your baby's latest milestone?
    He is starting to track things with his eyes. Maybe.

-What is your current favorite thing about LO?
    I like watching him try out different faces.

-How has your family unit been adjusting to the new baby?
    New baby and we moved in with my parents for the summer. DH and I are doing well though.
    -How are YOU doing?
    I missed this thread starting last week! I'm doing well. As long as I have enough two hour blocks of sleep at night, I feel okay the next day. Physically I am feeling good, recovery went well.

15. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MsHangry: it's amazing how good those little chunks of sleep can feel!

16. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

For those of you with really little ones (DD is 3 weeks), how long do you let them go at night? I feed her around 10pm and then have been setting an alarm to wake her at 2:30am. Then she eats and goes back down until about 7am (usually have to wake her again). Is this too long? Never had this problem with my son who was waking me all night long (and still has me up at 5:30am now ).

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SeptMomma12: as long as she's gaining ok. My newborn slept like that, but she wasn't gaining enough so I ended up having to wake her every 2-3hrs for a few weeks. At 7weeks, she's now feeding like you're describing at night, but still eating every 2hrs during the day.

18. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Banana330: She's gaining slowly but gaining. I'm trying to feed her more frequently during the day - every 2.5 hours - to make up for it. If I try to do any more frequent than that, she doesn't seem to wake up enough to eat well.

19. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@SeptMomma12: as long as your ped is happy with the weight gain, that sounds awesome. Hope good sleep now=good sleep later for your LO!

20. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

Connor had his 2 month check today. 12lb12oz and 25.25 inches. He got two shots but did pretty well with them!

He also just rolled belly to back 5 times! We were both shocked!

He got diagnosed with reflux a week ago and is on Zantac. He's doing way, way better now, only hoping it continues.

21. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@yellowbird: big strong guy!

22. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

How are all the mamas and babies doing? I had a middle of the night partier on my hands last night.

23. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Anya: Glad to see a post...this is such a quiet board! We are doing well here. DD is 6 weeks today. B'feeding is going pretty well and her spit up seems to be getting better (totally just jinxed myself I'm sure). Overall she's a really content baby. She's starting to cat nap more during the day, which is hard, but she's sleeping great at night so I can't really complain.

How many times a day are you all feeding your LOs? We're doing 8 right now, but sometimes I struggle to get in that 8th feeding. Wondering how I know we can drop down to 7.

24. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@SeptMomma12: oh man it totally depends.. If you're talking daytime hours, 8 sounds about right. We are still eating on demand and really don't have a schedule .

Glad she is doing better! Haha yeah you might be due for a fountain tonight since you said it out loud lol!

25. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Anya: We're doing well. Little J likes to have motn parties sometimes too, and that's when DH gets to join him, I think of it has an all boy slumber party.

J is a super happy, playful guy. I can't believe how active he is already! His naps stink though, he will only sleep on people or in a constantly moving stroller, I'm hoping that that improves soon.

@SeptMomma12: J is almost 8 weeks and eats 7 times a day (roughly every 2.5 hours and once overnight). He seems to be gaining like a champ and I think he is going for the world pooping championship, so I'm not worried. I think following your baby's cues is best, unless she starts to have significantly less wet diapers.

I'm starting nanny interviews. I'm worried it's going to be competitive. The woman I'm interviewing tomorrow already has 5 ( ) offers!

26. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Ms.Badger: LOL pooping championship! I read not to be alarmed if your baby stops pooping everyday, that it's normal.. I haven't been remotely close to having to worry about that!

27. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@SeptMomma12: in a 24 hour period from midnight to 11:59 pm we are getting 8 feedings. He does 1 in the middle of the night and 7 in the day about every 2 hours. I feed on demand, but he's pretty much feeding like clockwork so I can predict when he's ready for his next feeding.

@Ms.Badger: oh man I hear you on the pooping! My LO goes after almost every feeding and he's 11 weeks!

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Anya: @Boopers: @Ms.Badger: Thanks ladies! I've sorta just been feeding on a schedule but I'm going to try to look for cues. She's been a really sleepy baby, but seems to be "waking up" now that she's 6 weeks.

No pooping championship here...not gonna complain about that one. She rocks the wet diapers, but we're down to pooping about once a day. And hasn't even gone today. I was actually just googling to make sure that's okay!

29. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@SeptMomma12: my LO goes from content or asleep to OMG FEED ME NOW. Thats especially fun in the middle of the night

30. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Boopers: Haha. That was my son too. He had two settings - sleeping and screaming his head off

31. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

@SeptMomma12: We're feeding on demand as well (12 weeks old) and we get between 7-9 feedings in a 24 he period.
    We're at 2 MOTN wakeups (on average) and I guess I am now used to it as I don't fall asleep during the feedings anymore, haha!
    I'm loving nursing, and feel blessed that he's such a champ nurser!

32. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: 8 sounds about right to me, too! But sometimes I have to cut him short to go do something with E, so it ends up being more feedings

33. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

We got her tongue tie revised 3 weeks ago. That has made things much better but she is still a nursing champ and nurses all the time. Way more than 8 times.

She seems to be reverse cycling sleepin during the day. She also appears to have fpies that we have to figure out.

One more week just me and her and then big brother is home until mid August. In great news both kids will be full time at the daycare at my work. So no pumping required!

34. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Is T still sleeping well at night? C ate at 10 last night and then I just woke her at 4:45 because my boobs hurt so bad! I worry that's way too long for a 6 week old to go without eating!!

35. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

I'm back at work full time now, so glad today is Friday, but this weekend won't be relaxing at all because we're going to visit dhs parents about 3 hours away.

C is finally sort of taking a bottle but he's only eating between 6-10 oz while he's away from me for 8 hours. I'm hoping he is getting enough. My daughter would eat a TON while at daycare so this is weird to me.

@brownie: omg! So jealous you won't have to pump! That is amazing!

@SeptMomma12: I think you can let her sleep as long as she wants as long as she is gaining well!

36. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@Anya: my wee guy only poops twice a week!

37. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: yep! I let him sleep as much as he will! The other night, we went to bed at 10 and he woke up at 4:30. He only eats off one side, so one of my boobs didn't get drained until about 6am (I always get up around then to bed up before E). I try to sleep on my back but it doesn't always work out. I don't have terrible engorgement this time!

Last night, we went to bed at 9, he woke up at 1:30, and he's up again at 5:30

38. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@brownie: I don't know how your LO's weight gain was before the revision compared to after, but once we revised and ditched the shield, my LO started eating way more often. I think he was making up for the slow weight gain he had while on the shield!

@yellowbird: do you think your LO is reverse cycling and eating more once you two are nursing? How is your pumping and nursing arrangement going?

39. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Boopers: she is my chunky monkey so she has always gained very very well. But we were literally nursing 24/7. After the revision, she can drain the breast fully in about 15 min and we can actually interact and sleep.

Speaking sleep, it is probably a fluke but she just went 8:30pm to 1 am and then from that feed until 4:30 am. First time ever and in her rock n play.

40. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

What is everyone's sleeping arrangement? A is still in the RnP next to our bed. I just don't see us moving him to his room until he's at least down to one MOTN feeding. I think we'll switch to the PnP this week so that he can get used to a flat surface.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee