Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Winter 2015 Fitness/Weight Challenge

1. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@NorthStar: Exercise could potentially improve your chances!

I'm still not making the greatest food choices (frozen burritos for lunch anyone?) but I'm logging. Stil having a hard time getting off the couch because this kid wants to be horizontal in my arms all day. I'm stressed that I'm going to develop blood clots sitting in an armchair for 2/3rds of the day...

2. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

Not so good start of the week for me

I was sick last week and not feeling great over the weekend so I haven't worked out since Tuesday. Plus AF was here and so I made several bad food choices - chocolate over the weekend and a cookie last night.

I'm not sick anymore so time to get back on track! My goal - wake up at 6am tomorrow to get my work out in for the day - no excuses! Please shame me if i don't check in tomorrow reporting that I did indeed work out!

3. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

(1) How much weight would you like to lose between now and March 31? I'm pretty happy with my weight especially since I'm breastfeeding and worry if I drop any more my supply will as well. I'd like to firm up, and be 'fit' again.

(2) How are you planning to achieve that goal? Hoping once little ones naps are on track I can start doing some squats lunges and ab work while she naps. I would love to run but it's far too cold right now. If it gets above -10 I'll jog with my puppy.

(3) What exercise/diet are you currently doing? not doing much right now. ive cut back sweets. And I baby wear / breastfeed. I've got amazing shoulders from all the baby lifting. But it's not helping my mid section.

(4) Which part of your body would you like to focus on the most? Lower half. I miss muscular legs and a tummy that doesn't expand substantially from putting any food in it.

(5) How are you planning to treat/reward yourself for achieving your goal? I'm happier when I'm active. Should be reward enough!

4. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Pen: awesome! You burned so many calories!!! I am slowly getting back into working out and only burn about 215 calories. But I'm slowly working on increasing my time and speed. Over 600 calories is amazing!

5. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

I'm having a good start to the week! I cheated yesterday and had a cookie at lunch. but otherwise, I've been doing pretty well. I walked a mile and a half yesterday and my goal is to walk 2 miles today. I made some Paleo no flour muffins so on Sunday that have almond butter bananas and eggs and have been eating those for breakfast. They are very satisfying so that has helped! I am hoping to lose a half pound in the next week.

6. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

I need this in my life

(1) How much weight would you like to lose between now and March 31?

I would love to lose 10. This time last year I weighed 114 which was very low for me, as of this morning I was 130 I think some of it is just water weight, but I have been weighing 127-128 pretty consistently lately. I would like to get back down to a solid 120.

(2) How are you planning to achieve that goal?

EAT LESS. I need to stop the snacking and control the portion sizes.

(3) What exercise/diet are you currently doing?

I currently do cardio and weights 3 times a week. I should up it to 4 though.

(4) Which part of your body would you like to focus on the most?

Nothing specific. Just overall weight needs to go down.

(5) How are you planning to treat/reward yourself for achieving your goal?

I'm not sure yet. Probably some new summer clothes.

7. travellingbee

@Purpledaisy: you sound just like me. I was 114 before I got pregnant which is low for me. I'm happiest around 120. In January I was 128 and that's when I decided to get to work. I'm back down to 121 but still need to tone up.

8. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@sandy: I was sick most of last week with AF making its way 5 weeks PP. I definitely snacked on a few brownie bits!

Got in 2.32 miles today with a friend just to walk around town with LO.

@travellingbee: Those muffins sound amazing!

9. travellingbee

@namaste: here's the recipe- http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/appetizers-snacks/the-easiest-gluten-free-and-grain-free-muffin-recipe-ever/

With almond butter and raw honey they are 166 calories.

10. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@travellingbee: it's so easy to let pounds creep on. I'm trying to take action before I have a bunch to lose. I was 145 before I got pregnant and then lost a bunch after. I would hate to be back where I started.

11. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@travellingbee: TY!

12. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Mrs. Pen: do you use a heart rate monitor to track calories burned? If so, which one? I always do cardio and strength training but I can only put the cardio in MFP...I guess it's good I don't know because then I'd eat them all back haha but I am curious!

I had a long run Sunday then the gym today and yesterday, I am SO glad I stopped the Insanity Max even though I "quit" half way through. Whoops.

Right now I'm having trouble balancing my meals, I teach HS and I don't have any time throughout the day to eat so when I get home I eat the majority of my calories. I know that isn't ideal so I need to plan better and bring some easy, healthy options I can scarf down at work!

13. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@sandy: random tip, but when I want to work out in the AM, I sleep in my workout clothes. That way I just have to roll out of bed and get to it. Just one less step (and one less thing to wash! ) Enjoy the workout, it is SO nice to knock it out in the morning!

14. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@Mrs. Taco: haha I'm the opposite! There is something satisfying about the negative calories when I log it into MFP

I have the polar FT4 HR monitor and it allows me to input height, weight and sex to more accurately calculate calories burned. I do wonder if it's accurate during my weight routines, as my heart rate definitely doesn't get as high as with cardio...
    I really like it! It's easy to use. I've only been using it about a month though.

15. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Oh yes, I totally love seeing the high number still in green but when I am hangryyy I'll eat them back. I adjusted the daily number after figuring out that I end up eating most of what I'm "allowed". I'm going to look into a HRM, I think it'll help me make sure my time at the gym is efficient!

16. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I may have to start doing that - it's sooo tough for me to roll out of bed!

I've decided I'm going to work out tonight bc I need to to wake up early and make treats (strawberry cheesecake bites) for LO's class party tomorrow. There's no way I'm waking up at 5:30 to work out, shower and make those so I'm working out tonight!

17. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

33 minutes on the elliptical without stopping and 303 calories burned!

I feel so much better exercising in the evening but I really want to try make it work in the mornings.

18. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@sandy: way to go on the elliptical!! I would love to be a morning work out person but I just can't do it. It would be nice to just get it out of the way. I always feel like it's hanging over my head all day.

19. travellingbee

@sandy: great job!

20. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Purpledaisy: I followed the same loss- gain pattern. For me I am pretty sure it was my PCOS kicking back in. I liked the blog, made me feel like at least I wasn't the only one. http://www.hellobee.com/2015/01/07/postpartum-weight-gain-the-backlash/
    @Mrs. Taco: I am trying to break the same eating pattern. Raw nuts help get me through the day.That being said, I still had too much wine last night to celebrate my end of day! education is a hard place to be right now especially with standardized testing coming up in March.

except for a little too much wine or beer occasionally, I'm sticking to my plan. I'm down a pound but but that doesn't mean much because I fluctuate so much. I think I'm going to change my goal to be more specific. I want to lose at least half an inch on my tummy.

21. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@sandy: great job on the elliptical! I would also love to work out in the morning but I already have to be out the door by 6am as it is

@lizzywiz: tell me about it! Our state adopted a new test this year, things are crazy. I've been out of my classroom more than in--the sub plans and catch up work is insane, I miss my kids! I did better today, brought a yogurt and banana for breakfast, then a protein shake for lunch, need to figure out one more thing to bring before my after school workout!

Got a 4 mile run in after work--apparently my school has an extensive running trail behind it, who knew?!

22. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Taco: man! You are fit - I dont think I've ever run 4 miles - the longest is a little over 3 miles and that was in college!

30 minutes on the elliptical tonight - done!

23. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

I'm joining in. I don't need to lose weight but I need to be healthier. My first goal is to drink more water (6-8 cups a day of just water instead of 0-1 cups a day). After that, I may add something else in. Baby steps.

24. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

I am down 10.6lbs!!

25. travellingbee

@Smurfette: whoa!!!!! Amazing! How long did it take?

26. travellingbee

@mediagirl: baby steps are good. Little changes tend to be the ones we stick to!

27. Smurfette

@travellingbee: I started Jan 12.

28. travellingbee

@Smurfette: wow! A month! Were you doing a program?

29. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Smurfette: Congratulations!

Will be doing this kettlebell workout later (http://gymra.tumblr.com/post/110099047578/ten-kettle-bell-moves-that-will-sculpt-your-entire) and probably walking to the food trucks tonight!

30. Smurfette

@travellingbee: doing Medifast. It is like a Nutri System. My goal is to be down 15 on 3/26 when we leave for Turks and Caicos. Then 30lbs is my goal for the year. I am in a wedding in Mexico in November. I refuse to be the fat bridesmaid!

31. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

Joining in too! I'm down about 10 pounds in 5 weeks but would like to lose 40 more. So far I've been doing Zumba or some other high-intensity cardio 3-4x week, trying to walk a bit more if possible, cutting out sweets, and otherwise trying to make better food choices (lower cal, higher protein, etc).

32. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@Smurfette: Dang!! Great job!!

33. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Smurfette: Congratulations! It is always nice to have a defined goal in sight!

I've started to cut dairy and soy out of my diet to see if that will help H, so now I'm eating better by necessity. Are there any apps that track macronutrients? I'm deferring exercise until I get through next weekend. I can't feel bad about sitting on my butt and studying until this test is done!

34. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Espion: My fitness pal does, if you go to "more" then "nutrition" on the app. You can also go into the system and customize your goals by giving yourself the macronutrient percentages you want to meet

35. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: That's awesome! I LOVE Zumba. It can be amazing with the right instructors.

36. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Smurfette: nice work!!

37. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@blackbird: Awesome. I think it links with the FitBit as well. And it has a better food database than FitBit ever did. Any good resources about macro percentages? I'm not really a lowcarb4lyfe type person, but I gave up "flour" for Lent a couple years ago, and I felt pretty good. (Not b/c of gluten bs, but probably because I was eating better by default plus a little more protein than I usually do.)

38. Smurfette

@Mrs. Yoyo: that is awesome! I love Zumba. I wish my DH was home every week so I could justify the $ to join a gym.

39. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

@namaste: @Smurfette: we have great instructors! I always look forward to it. Loving your workout makes it a lot easier to prioritize!

40. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Espion: yes! I'll wall you

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee