Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Winter 2015 Fitness/Weight Challenge

1. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Taco: great job!oh I miss running so much. I just can't find the time with my 6 month old.

Do any of you ladies jog with your babies? Any tips? My lo hates the stroller so I only use the Tula for walks shopping everything. But maybe she'd like a jogging stroller more? Especially if it's moving quickly?

@Mrs. Pen: @namaste: @avivoca: great job fitting workouts in!

2. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Be careful that you are eating enough on those days you're working out so hard … I know there's a lot of debate over "starvation mode" and all that, but 400 net is not a lot at all!

3. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

i was up 2 lbs after last weekend but rather than staying discouraged I just kept trying to eat within my calorie goal. Was able to lose the 2 lbs and another 1 lb. 13lbs to go to meet my first weight loss goal. I have to tell myself slow and steady is better than no weight loss at all.

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sandy: that is awesome! Good job!!

5. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Peasinapod: Well my LO is 21 months but yes I jog with her! I started right around 7 months. She also HATES the stroller but for some reason if I am running, she is better. Now that she is older, I can bring snacks, play music, sing to her....beg her to stop whining because we still have miles to go At her age I would just bring some toys that she likes and attach them so she can 'play' while you run. I have a BOB stroller and it rides like a dream!

@sandy: That's awesome! I always have a hard time motivating myself again when I've had a bad weekend/week.

I just ate 4 oreos...but I ran 4 miles this morning. Evens out, right?! Hope you ladies had a good weekend!

6. Smurfette

@Mrs. Taco: I saw a pic of you in a bikini in IG! You can eat those Oreos! Have fun in Mexico!

7. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@sandy: that's awesome!! It always feels so good after when you weren't motivated, but pushed yourself anyway.

@Mrs. Yoyo: I'll be careful - but I'm not too worried because that doesn't even happen once a week There aren't many days I get 800 calorie workouts in. Typically it's about 400-500 calories workouts.

So I didn't workout for four days in a row and was down about it. I had a test Wednesday, and two assignments due Friday so I was so busy. But DH and I went out for his 30th and stayed at a hotel overnight, and they had a fitness center just down the hall from our room. Gotta say - having a gym steps from where you sleep is amazing! I wish I had room in my apartment for that - I wonder if it'd be easier to fit in workouts! There have been times I workout at home - and people below me bang on the ceiling, so I typically have to go to the gym.

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I ran my 10k yesterday! 1:12:13, which means I met my goal! It's miles away from my PR, but I want to work on getting faster this spring/summer.

9. Smurfette

@avivoca: awesome!

10. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Smurfette: Thanks girl! I appreciate it, trying to have positive thoughts only during the trip when I'm around my size 0 child free friend! You leave this week too, right?! Enjoy and rock that bikini!

@Mrs. Pen: A gym down the hall would be amazing! Lotto dreams for me ...awesome job balancing home life, school, and working out!

@avivoca: Amazing, great job meeting your goal!

11. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Just catching up and I noticed your comment about eating back calories. The research says you loose weight faster if you eat back the calories you burn as it speeds up your metabolism. Google it for more info.

12. Smurfette

@Mrs. Taco: Yes! We leave Thursday!! The two women going with us are much skinnier then me, so I am going to just drink;) Getting so nervous to leave LO, worried how much she is going to miss us.

13. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Smurfette: ME TOO! I mean, I am looking forward to the break but I am really nervous. I already have over 2 pages of instructions/emergency contacts for my sister (who has watched her a bazillion times)...there is just something about being out of the country that scares me. R is going through a serious mommy phase (as well as getting her 2 year molars). Just keep telling myself she won't remember me being gone. I'll cheers my Thursday afternoon cocktail to us!

14. Smurfette

@Mrs. Taco: Yeah R is getting her molars too. My parents are watching her at our house cause I think it will be easier on her, sleep in her own bed, and she can still go to day care and be on her schedule. I know she is going to have a blast with my parents, but so nervous she is going to miss us too much and be a pain!

15. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

Well, after two bad weeks I still managed to lose a bit and i won my diet bet! Woot! Im fairly sure it's just dehydration from drinking waaaay too much last week though. lol. Im expecting a gain to follow pretty shortly.

16. Smurfette

@loveisstrange: Woo hoo! Go buy yourself some new clothes!

17. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Taco: thanks for the tips!

I told myself I'd check in on this thread every Monday and report progress to keep myself accountable. Last week was cold and miserable again so my walks were non existent and I ate a ton of cupcakes to cheer myself up...

This week isn't going to be much warmer, but I'm committing to easy inside stuff ( light weights lunges/,squats) and no more cupcakes.

Hope everyone else had a better week!

18. Mrs. Pen

Mondays are always hard for me - but I saw this quote on IG that said, "never skip a Monday".
    And for some reason that just makes a lot of sense. So I made it to the gym for a 470 calorie workout, came home and ate a breakfast of an egg, chicken sausage, and half an avocado. It was so good!
    The downside is that when I did my weekly Monday weigh-in, I was up two lbs from my last weigh in. I've been so good the last month so it was pretty disappointing.

19. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I hate it when it feels like the scale doesn't reflect all the hard work. But good for you getting in a good workout to start the week right!

My goal is to get myself up and out of bed for a workout tomorrow morning. Trying the am workout again - like others suggested I'm sleeping in my workout clothes so we'll see if that helps. I'm going to tell myself that even 15 minutes every day is better than nothing. I need to get serious bc my friend's wedding is the end of May and I want to fit into my dress!

20. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

Sooooo, long time, no see. I have just been busy with work.
    I kept the 1/2 inch off my gut, so met my goal in that regard, added another 2.5 mile run to my week, for the past 3 weeks, which brings me up to 3 cardios and two weight training workouts a week, so that is good. Not super thrilled with the scale, but c'est la vie .
    @Mrs. Taco: @avivoca: your running- pure inspiration. I was a regular 7-8 miler 3x a week before LO...now I am at 3, on an ambitious day!
    @Mrs. Pen: have you considered using measurements instead of weight as your criteria? Since you are a work out beast ( meaning you gain muscle, which adds weight), it may be more reflective of the health gains you make.
    @loveisstrange: your post just made me happy- weigh less by drinking woohoo! ha!
    @sandy: You are doing it right-slow and steady will win the race. For long term results you are doing amazing with your steady downward trend
    and @Smurfette: KUDOS! you reached your goal!

Congrats, ladies! You're successes are so motivating!

21. Mrs. Pen

@lizzywiz: ha I meant to take my measurements when I started up again beginning of February but I couldn't find my tape measure, still haven't- no idea where I put it! My goal is to fit back into my jeans I bought 20 lbs ago I wouldn't care so much about # of lbs lost if I hadn't just been at X weight six months ago.
    One thing I like about using my fitbess pal is that it keeps all my objective data. So I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere this month but looking back, since February 5, I have lost 6 lbs total. And in seven weeks that's pretty good so I really can't get complain about it at all. I've been really good about exercising 5x a week consistently, sometimes 6 on a good week.
    Oh and I have noticed muscle gains in my arms! I flex and can feel something! DH thinks that now that I've gained more muscle up front, I will burn fat more quickly. We'll see!

22. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

So here is my before and after - first week of February to today I lost 5lbs (I wanted to lose 10). I still have a long way to go (13lbs to pre pregnancy weight and then 5lbs of vanity weight after that).

23. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@sandy: looking good!!

I have totally fallen off the wagon. I need to start walking again.

24. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@sandy: Wow! the results are really visible!

Anyone gonna be continuing fitness goals into the summer?

This thread has really shown me my strengths ( I have no problem exercising) and my weaknesses (still want to stuff my pie hole non-stop). Trying on clothes today made it really clear exercise is not enough and I feel like I am really ready to commit to other changes now.

I think I will take a before picture today. I am finally committed to tackling the rest of the extra inches on my waist!

25. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

I guess today is my last checkin for this thread! I did get back in to walking so I'm happy about that. My diet is still a work in progress. And I was hoping to have started running again.

I will keep at it!

Great job to everyone! Getting started is half the battle

26. Mrs. Pen

@sandy: wow!! Crazy how 5 lbs make such a huge difference! You look incredible!!
    @lizzywiz: DEFINITELY! I'm nowhere near my goal and this is the first time I've been this consistent and intentional. I say we continue this thread cause I love posting here and reading everyone else's motivational posts!

27. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Pen: thanks! Being only 5 feet tall means that even 5lbs makes a difference. I agree that I would like to keep this thread going! Seeing others doing so great with their work outs makes me feel guilty when I skip out. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and some weights last night. And I'm already dressed to work out again tonight once LO is in bed for the night.

28. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Mrs. Pen: @sandy: dang, I started another thread before your replies- do you mind if I check in in both?

29. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@lizzywiz: I'll just find your new thread and jump on that

30. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee