Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Winter 2015 Fitness/Weight Challenge

1. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

@Smurfette: Thanks! They were really pissing me off until recently, to be honest. I have a 60lb goal, so I knew eventually I would see it and be glad I took them.

@Mrs. Pen: @sandy: @travellingbee: Thanks, ladies!

2. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@lizzywiz: I'm cutting out my morning chai latte and I'm really going to try to work out at least 3 times a week for the month of March and hope that helps move things along.

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@loveisstrange: 60lb?! You know yourself of course and I hope you don't mind me saying, but I can't imagine you 40lb less than your current picture! (I mean that as a complement- I think you look great!)

4. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

@travellingbee: Hahaha, thanks. I do carry my weight well, but those pictures are 214 and 193. Im still 2lbs above the "obese" weight range. My goal is to get to 160 and then re-evaluate, but I'll probably end up around 150.

5. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@loveisstrange: you must be tall! Well great job so far!!

6. hilary

apricot / 364 posts

@lizzywiz: I did this yesterday after you posted and quite sore. Thanks for sharing!

And by this I mean the leg video.

7. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@hilary: oh my gosh, I thought the workout was challenging but I was pleased I could do it all and so I was feeling pretty cocky...but the next day....dear lord, SO sore!

8. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@loveisstrange: I'm the same way, I'm at 190 lbs right now and would love to lose at least 30, hopefully 40 lbs - and people typically say I don't have 30 lbs to lose I'm tall and carry it well. I don't think I look like I'm almost 200 lbs.

I was 140 at my wedding five years ago.

9. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@loveisstrange: Wow! You're looking amazing!! Also, jealous you look so good at 193. I definitely don't look that good at a similar weight!

10. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@loveisstrange: You look awesome!

I took a barre class this morning and it was killer. Hoping to be active everyday this month!

11. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

I've actually started exercising a bit. Not much but better than my previous nothing. 2km moderate paced walks with my 15lb baby strapped to me. I hope to keep this up and add in some jogging once the warm weather arrives (which who am I kidding really might not be for awhile) feels good to be moving again

12. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

I've done Zumba or Body Jam for five days straight. I think I'm finally going to rest tomorrow, but I wanted to make up for snow days!

@Mrs. Pen: @loveisstrange: I'm pretty similar. Started at about 200. I'm 5'8" so I "got away with it" a bit more than others, but I was still just into the obese category at that weight 150 is my goal -- even 160 would be nice, though, I think that's about where I was at my wedding and would put me back in a 10. I'm at 186 right now.

13. Mrs. Yoyo

Oh, is anyone doing strength training? I think I need to incorporate it somehow but I'm a little overwhelmed at where to start. It's been so long since I did anything like that. I may just splurge on a trainer to get me started...

14. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: yeah I'm 5'8 as well.

I basically only do strength training because I hate cardio. I found it helpful to start with a class- I did body pump for awhile before feeling confident on my own. I talked to the instructor prior and told her I had no weights experience. She asked one of the regulars to help me out throughout class and she kept an eye on my form and gave me pointers. It was great! After that I did hire a personal trainer just for a couple sessions to teach me a little more in depth. That was about a year ago and I am glad I did all that to learn it correctly.

15. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Yep I strength train. And I hired a personal trainer for two session to develop a routine for me. I told her that I need one 30 minute routine for upper body and lower body each. Best money I ever spent. She developed a plan, showed me what to do, and I was off. Zero injuries and zero angst about how to begin or what to do. The zero angst was a huge + because that is the kind of thing that can keep me away from the gym.

16. Mrs. Yoyo

@Mrs. Pen: I've thought about trying Body Pump but I think finding time for another class would be tricky, and I definitely want to keep up with Zumba since it actually does make cardio fun (to the point where I cannot even look at an elliptical anymore).

@lizzywiz: Yeah, I think that's probably what I'll do! Maybe a 3x week, 20-30 min. routine.

17. Adira

Ugh, yesterday was BAD. We had a staff meeting, so free lunch and I ate terribly, which messed me up for the whole day. Back on track today though!

Jealous of you ladies who make it to the gym! When do you have time to go??

18. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

Is it too late to join?! I gained 10 lbs when I weaned so am trying to get rid of it before we TTC #2 this summer. (!)

Stats: when i started, I was up +10 from normal weight or +8 from pp weight. I've lost about 3 (inconsistently), so 5 stubborn ones left to go.

19. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Adira: I go to the gym first thing in the morning - DH takes LO to school, so I leave before everyone wakes up and work out before my day starts.

20. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

@Adira: I go in the morning on the weekends and I take a stage combat class twice a week, so I end up going 4 times a week. If I go to the gym during the week, I go early or after C is in bed at night.

21. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: @Mrs. Pen: Im 5'7. And yeah, it makes me grateful that Im somewhat tall. lol. I do a bit of lifting. We do bodyweight stuff in my stage combat class and Ive been doing the Strong Curves program here and there. I really need to hook up with a personal trainer for a couple sessions to really teach me how, though.

22. Adira

@JoJoGirl: Ahh, I used to do that before I had kids! But now I'm getting up at 4:30 already just to get to work on time.

@loveisstrange: This is probably just one of those things where I need to make it more of a priority. Once Logan is older, going after bedtime seems like it would be doable if I just got off my ass and did it.

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Adira: I go to the gym after H is in bed. I also run outside then, but that's not going to work when my husband starts traveling again. Last summer, I went to the gym on Saturdays because I could take advantage of the childcare and on weekday evenings I would load H up in the jogging stroller and go for a run. It was tough, but it was kind of like cardio + strength because I was pushing a 22 lb stroller with 17-18 lbs of baby in it.

24. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: I'm going to incorporate weights into my strength training routine this week! I've asked a trainer friend of mine to show me some things I can do with free weights (hate machines)

I've had some great workouts this week. I've done some walking, I did a barre class yesterday, yoga of course, and a balance yoga class is on the agenda for tonight. ClassPass has made it super fun to try new things and new studios!

25. Mrs. Yoyo

@Adira: I freelance so my schedule allows me to go a couple times during the week when we have our helper. And DH usually covers me a couple times, too, on weekends or evenings. He knows I'm trying to make this a priority and has been really good about it.

26. Adira

Today has been a struggle. I really want to go to the cafe and get a cookie! I'm craving chocolate so bad...

27. Mrs. Yoyo

Totally cheated today. We had yet another "snow day" here which turned out to be rain, and my class was canceled. So naturally I had a horrible splurge meal with my husband for lunch.

Oh well ...

28. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: resist it!! Just think about what you want next week, the scale to move down or up!

29. Smurfette

@Mrs. Yoyo: Just have a healthy dinner! We all have to have meals like that every once in awhile.

30. Adira

@Smurfette: I'm resisting! But I still have 2.5 hours of work to get through, so it's hard! I had one of those 100 calories popcorn things instead, so hoping that helps.

31. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

Weighed today.... and my BMI is officially 29.9! Im not obese anymore! So I hit my first goal!

Im 191.4 right now, my next goal is 180. That'll put me weighing less than DH. Ive lost 23.2lbs in 9 weeks.

32. Smurfette

@loveisstrange: That's awesome!! Keep it up!

I am down 16lbs! So I met my goal before our trip. Now 17 more to go till goal!

33. Adira

@loveisstrange: @Smurfette: You girls are doing fantastic!

34. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@loveisstrange: awesome!!! That's so great!

35. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Smurfette: amazing! Congrats meeting your goal in time for your trip too!!! That must feel so good!

36. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I took a comparison shot today. Left is 12 months pp, right is 17 months pp. I haven't lost any weight, but I have lost an inch in my waist.

ETA: sorry for the shot of me in my skivvies.

37. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Adira: I go when DH can watch her. Usually after work, two-three days a week. It sacrifices family time and is definitely something that only happens if I prioritize it. And I don't mean that in a snotty, back handed way. I mean that I have to tell myself that it is more important than catching up at work, more important than DH getting a break, more important than running errnds, etc. Doesn't happen every week and much easier said than done!

@loveisstrange: amazing. I have done that prior to LO- graduated from the 'obese' category- and it is simply amazing

@Smurfette: goal achievement- unlocked!

@avivoca: Awesome! and I love your hair- the curls and the length!

38. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@sandy: how'd your mini goal go this week?

for me, no beer or wine Mon-Thur...I may or may not be having a beer right now

39. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@lizzywiz: pretty good considering LO was sick this week so we were stuck at home for a few days. Also, whenever it's AF time I just want to eat all the sweets. So I laid off the chai lattes all week and worked out twice. But I did have a few pieces of chocolate leftover from Valentine's Day - but still stayed within my calorie goal each day. And I lost 1/2 a pound this week! Super slow going but seeing that 1/2 lb every week or so adds up!

40. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@lizzywiz: hey 4 out of 5 days is really good!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee