Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Winter 2015 Fitness/Weight Challenge

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@travellingbee: That is awesome!!!! Have a glass of wine too!

2. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Smurfette: maybe a skinny margarita;)

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I actually don't have to get them out the door in the morning! My husband does that. I'm off to work before anyone's even awake.

@travellingbee: That's amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!!

4. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@travellingbee: Congrats!!!!!

5. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@travellingbee: well done!

6. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

snowed in, so did this instead of leg day at the gym:

17 min and not a bad substitute. Also seemed to entertain LO to watch me and occasionally participate

Lots of snow play and dance parties for my cardio, so feeling good about workouts, but I will have to check in about diet later- cold weather makes me hungry!

7. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@travellingbee: Congratulations!

Got some cardio in last night with Zumba!

8. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

Rump roast and sautéed spinach with garlic and lemon tonight.

As long as I have a good rotation/meal plan in mind ahead of time, I don't mind eating clean!

9. travellingbee

...and now I have a stomach virus so there goes a little more weight? Ugh hell of a way to lose it.

10. Smurfette

@travellingbee: that stinks!

We went out to Italian tonight. I love love the garlic rolls at this place. I did not eat one. I got a side salad with my meal. Gave LO the pasta, and just ate my chicken. And to save carbs, I got vodka instead of wine. I am pretty proud of myself for that!

11. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@travellingbee: sorry you're sick! Stomach bugs are the worst!

@Smurfette: that's serious will power! You're doing amazing! We went out for burgers last weekend and this weekend - I ate my burger protein style and let LO eat my fries. It was still like 700 calories for lunch but made me feel better than the 1200+ calories it could have been.

Seriously, you all are helping me stay motivated! I haven't worked out in about 2 weeks but I'm planning to do work out tonight!

12. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Smurfette: @sandy: dang, both of yours' commitment to cutting unnecessary calories is spectacular!

I'll trade some of my work out will power for your calorie cutting willpower any day of the week!

13. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@lizzywiz: are you on My Fitness Pal? I track my calories on my phone and it is seriously eye opening the amount of calories in food - it definitely helps me make better food decisions.

14. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@sandy: no...I am under no illusion regarding how much I eat- too much!
    I just enjoy it SO much (too much) that I resist restricting, but that is probably where I need to start focusing.

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I have totally fallen off the wagon these past weeks. I'm up a couple of pounds, it's that time of the month, and the weather has made it hard to get outside to run or even drive to the gym. The majority of our sidewalks are still covered in ice and snow.

With that, I went grocery shopping today to pick up our food for next week and I'm trying a bunch of paleo recipes out. I will get back to exercising, but I'll be running at lunch since T is out of town. Three weeks until my race!

16. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@avivoca: I feel your pain. PMS hits me hard in the last year or two. I easily but on 5 lbs of water weight and it can be so irritating! I now have PMS bras because my boobs have been getting so big during that time. I look like the prow of a ship, ha!

17. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

I stalled for a couple weeks, which was super frustrating, but I finally lost this week again! I'm officially at my pre-pregnancy weight and I lost 21.2lbs in Jan-Feb. Woo! Less than 2 lbs to go to my first goal of 191.4, which puts me officially not "obese" anymore.

18. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@loveisstrange: oh, wow! Congrats!

19. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

Welp, due to minimal progress re: weight loss ( although at this point just not gaining weight is a win), I'm cutting out the beer and wine for the rest of the challenge. It will at least save me a couple hundred calories/day and maybe decrease any impulse eating.
    anyone else have any mini goals to start your Monday?

20. Smurfette

@loveisstrange: That is so awesome!!

I am down 14lbs now! 1lb till my mini goal and 16 to go!

21. travellingbee

FYI it did work- when my loss plateaued I took jillian michaels advice and upped my calories for 3 days and then dropped them down again. I lost 2 more lbs after that. Now I just had a stomach bug this weekend so I lost another 2 pounds. In all I'm down 10lbs and I'm actually below my goal weight. So now I'm just going to try to maintain healthy habits but not limit calories.

22. Smurfette

@travellingbee: That's awesome! Well not the stomach bug. Did you just eat protein? Or carbs too?

23. travellingbee

@Smurfette: I cut out processed carbs and refined sugar for breakfast and lunch and ate a normal dinner. I cut my calories to 1500ish and walked 1-2 miles a day.

24. Smurfette

@travellingbee: what did you do for the upped your calorie part? Just wondering so when I hit a plateau I am ready.

25. Adira

@loveisstrange: That's awesome weight loss!! Congratulations!!

@Smurfette: Wow, you're doing awesome!!!! Do you find it challenging to stick to the plan meals?

@travellingbee: I'm so impressed you're at your goal weight and in maintaining mode!! That's amazing!

26. Adira

So despite Xander's party this weekend and my eating like crap, I still lost a pound! Sooooo glad my week of eating healthy paid off.

27. Smurfette

@Adira: Yes and no. The food isn't horrible but I like eating small meals every 2.5 hours. I don't measure my protein and veggies like you are supposed too for my one meal a day. I just estimate it. I still cheat one. I had a couple Hershey kisses yesterday and ate some cheese. But this weekend we went out to Italian and I did not eat a garlic roll and I gave R my pasta. I ate my side salad and chicken. I got vodka/soda instead of wine. It is hard to resist but seeing the results is keeping me motivated.
    Our 5 yr anniversary is in Nov. I am determined to know mentally that I could fit in my wedding dress. We will be in Mexico for our anniversary for a wedding. I want to wear a bikini that I wore on our honeymoon on that trip.

28. Adira

@Smurfette: Your cheating sounds pretty minimal! It would be so hard for me to stick to that diet I think. Although then again, having meals prepared for me would probably be helpful. When left to my own devices, I don't usually make good choices. Also, JEALOUS you're going to Mexico in November!! I know you'll be able to reach your goals and look FANTASTIC!!

29. Smurfette

@Adira: I do way better during the week when DH isn't home. Weekends are hard. Some weekends I cheat way more. But we are going to Turks on the 26th so it is crunch time. Plus I know this weekend I will cheat more since it is bday party weekend.

30. Adira

@Smurfette: That's the same for me. Now that I'm back at work, it's a lot easier for me to eat healthy during the week. Weekends are generally a crap shoot though. And R's party is a good excuse to cheat.

31. travellingbee

@Smurfette: I didn't eat a bunch of junk. I just upped portion sizes and I think I allowed a couple carb cheats.

32. travellingbee

@Smurfette: yes I am going to wear my honeymoon bathing suit on this trip this week!
    @Adira: Thank you. I was very diligent, and showed more willpower than I thought I had, but I think it was because I needed something to throw my energy into since we had to stop TTC after the miscarriage. Now after we get back from this trip we will start again, and I can throw my energy back into that.

33. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Smurfette: @travellingbee: Wow. You guys are rockin' it. wearing your honeymoon swimsuit is such a specific goal and that is what 'they' always say a goal needs to be to work. Well done!

34. loveisstrange

pineapple / 12526 posts

Took a progress pic to document losing 20lbs. I can finally see it! Pictures have been super frustrating so far, because I feel like they havent been showing any progress.

35. Smurfette

@loveisstrange: super impressive! Makes me wish I took some.

36. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@loveisstrange: Huge difference! You're such a motivation - good job!

37. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@loveisstrange: you look amazing! Awesome job!!!

38. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Smurfette: you are doing so good!!! I can't wait to hit my first mini goal.

39. travellingbee

@loveisstrange: wow!!!! Awesome!!

40. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@travellingbee: thanks for reporting back and awesome job!!!

I'm eating low carb(ish) but do allow myself to cheat once a week. Nothing huge and I still try to stay within my calories per day but when you're eating out or meeting up with friends it's nice to have a few bites of something guilt-free.

The one thing I didn't want to give up was my morning chai latte. I really enjoy it BUT I've decided I have to give it up for a few weeks since my weight loss is going so super slow.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee