Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 2/13

1. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Pretty sure AF is on the way in the next few days. Saw a wee bit of spotting this AM, only noticeable to someone who inspects her CM like a detective. Now I'm convinced I have cramps.

I don't want to be insensitive by saying this, but this is the first time since trying that I would actually be happy if I wasn't pregnant this cycle! I want to be able to enjoy drinks on this cruise and not be worrying about the things a pregnant person is/is not supposed to do.

@MrsTal: A 5K is perfect to me--just enough to make you have to train, but not enough to stress out about. I should look for one in the spring to motivate me to get moving as well!

2. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Flight cancelled late last night! Ack. We rented a stinky car and are driving 5 hours to the next closest big hub for a direct flight. Going to be cutting it close. And I started my period this morning. Man, I'm earning that welcome cocktail I'll be slurping down tomorrow afternoon! Fingers crossed we make it! Bon voyage friends!

3. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Oh goodness, what a mess. Good luck though, and have an amazing trip!

4. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Happygal: have an awesome trip! hope all the logistics work out and you have a drink in your hand soon!

5. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Happygal: Hope you made it!

6. BSB

@LindsayInNY: Did you test?

I haven't yet and today is 14 DPO.
    I'm having mild cramps and I wonder if its PMS and that I'm not pregnant. I don't want to test and see a BFN.

A tiny part of it is that I need to find my test strips. It's packed away. Haha.

But I think the biggest part of my hesitation to test is I'm afraid to see the BFN.

Although it's funny that this is the first month where I was not super eager to test and now I don't even want to! Haha. For the past 18 months, I have always tested around 10 DPO but here I am not wanting to test.

7. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@MrsTal: Training for and running my first 5k in the fall is what got me through our initial diagnosis and our foray into the world of infertility treatments. Have fun training, and enjoy knowing that your body is strong!

@Happygal: You've absolutely earned that drink (and several more?!)! Have a great trip!

@bhbee: Thanks for the replies here and on the other thread. I asked my doctor several questions yesterday, and it seems like the chronic endometritis isn't really a big deal (even though the name is really scary - for anyone else who was asking, it's just an infection or inflammation of part of the uterine lining that should go away after a week of antibiotics). You're right, they're just treating it as a precaution to hopefully increase our chances of being successful. As a bonus, I haven't had any negative reactions to the Doxycycline! I'm glad you have a plan you can live with for now. Do you think you'll go the IVF route in April if you're not pregnant before then?

8. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@ShayNanigans: How are stims going for you? I can't remember if you've shared... what meds are you on?

I'm on day 6 of Gonal-F and Menopur. We just added Ganirelix this morning, and that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! My stomach is starting to look polka-dotted, thought, with so many prick marks!

9. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@bluestriped bee: I often get afraid to test too. But I am hopeful for good news for you!

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@thisisme: I'm hesitant to do Ivf because of my high rate of chemicals - it would be hard to do all the stims and retrieval and still end up in the same place because Ivf didn't fix what was wrong (not that we know what that is). But eventually we would if we thought it was our best shot. Unfortunately we may move and lose our Ivf coverage (which we have now in MA) and that would make it a harder decision too.

11. BSB

@bhbee: Yeah. I'll probably test later today.

Also, I remembered another reason why I want to wait. I paid for a TTC reading from Cheri22 and I'm suppose to get it today! Maybe she'll know before I test! At least, I can hope.

12. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@bhbee: The insurance is what pushed us to move quickly on IVF. Even though we live in VA, my husband's company is based in Mass, so we have awesome infertility coverage. It's kind of a long story how he ended up there... it definitely wasn't by choice, and it was before we knew we were dealing with IF. That's one of those things that I try to look at as a major blessing and an example of things happening for a reason. DH wants to change jobs ASAP, but he's sticking it out while we're doing IVF. On the flip side of being thankful for such great coverage, it's maddening that finances play such a big role in these decisions!

13. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

We made it, despite traffic jam and rental car snafu. Started boarding and they announced flight was actually delayed. So we wait. Friend called us on our car ride down to announce they're pregnant with baby #3. Quiet ride for a bit after that... husband said, "what about us?"

Sorry not to reply to everyone. I'm a bad texter! But I'm reading and keeping up while we can.

14. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@thisisme: That is awesome to hear! Did you like running before you did it? I am really hoping this will help me both emotionally and physically. Also hope that it keeps me motivated when I don't feel like doing anything, now in my head I can be like "too bad lady, you signed up for this and you have to do it."

@Happygal: You deserve a cocktail, or three! Enjoy your cruise, I'm glad you guys made it. Can't wait to hear the details when you get back.

15. BSB

Welp! No POAS needed. AF showed up today. Cramps were a sign that I was not pregnant.

Onto Cycle 20 and the start of our IVF journey. I know I was excited about starting IVF but a part of me hoped IUI #3 would have been the one.

The only good thing is that I got my bonus at work and did our taxes and we got money coming to pay for the $12K for IVF. I guess I should be grateful that we have the money.

Well, glad I can put those 6 unsuccessful IUI cycles behind me. Guess I can say that we are onto bigger and better things now.

Still bummed.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@bluestriped bee: BFN this morning. I don't know what to think. I have this progesterone because I'm forced to test and can't just wait for AF. And if I do, I'm afraid it'll be too late and I'll have another chemical. So I might test again tomorrow. Especially since I was queasy feeling again today. Sorry to hear about you too... You seem to be thinking positive abut the IVF so that's good!

17. BSB

@LindsayInNY: Aww, I'm sorry. Yeah, keep testing. There's still hope for you.

18. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@thisisme: I read my schedule wrong! I started stims last night, so just getting started. I am on 150 follistim and 150 menopur for now. I responded well to Clomid, so they are starting off carefully.

The shots were not bad - I was nervous, but it was really no big deal. My husband is helping me, which is kind of nice, since so much of this is on me!

19. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@MrsTal: No, I hate running! I haven't been back out since finishing the 5k. The weather is definitely partly to blame for that, though. I have a coworker who was really good about getting me out running a couple times a week. It was definitely emotionally, as well as physically, beneficial. I still can't believe I ran more than 3 miles without stopping. If this round of IVF isn't successful, you can bet I'm signing up for another one!

20. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@happygal: have a wonderful time and I hope you enjoy your "going old school" time.

@LindsayInNY: fx for you! I really hope that its just early for you.

@bluestripedbee: I'm sorry about AF showing up, but love your positive attitude with the next step.

@bhbee: FX for the both of us as I think we're on the same cycle? When do you normally ovulate?

@thisisme: @mrstal: I used to love running! I found it be so therapeutic, unfortunately I can't run as much anymore due to running injuries and its a factor in my IF diagnosis.

As far as my update goes, we've already started TI after our second round of femara. I actually have not been feeling the same symptoms as the first round of Femara, even though the dosage had been doubled this round.

21. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@bluestriped bee: so sorry this IUI wasn't it for you. It sounds like you've got a great attitude though about going into IVF!

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm so sorry about AF. Maybe the money coming in is a sign that Ivf is the right path? Hoping good things for you.

@lazypanda: I usually ovulate between cd16-20 without a trigger. So that would be mon-fri this week and more likely around wed. Fx for both of us! I am ready for the tww.

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: hope you have an amazing trip, relax drink a few an have some fun!!!!!

@Bluestripedbee: ughhh I am so sorry for AF coming and confirming those are the worst, but not as bad as a BFN I agree...those seem to give you the finger......prayers your road to IVF is smooth and brings you your blessings!

@LindsayinNy: Ughhh that wait is the worst, I never would get AF if I was on progesterone I say go a few more days......and test again!

@thisisme: Who are you feeling?? Where in the IVF time line are you?

@BhBee: How is clomid treating you? Are you able to get some good BD times in?? Fingers crossed for you!

LazyPanda: How is Fermara treating you?? Hope that with TI is lucky for you!!!

Update: I have been soo busy this week with work and such...I never bought any OPKs and well DH works this weekend so I took off Yesterday to visit my mom and baby sister for the day/night in Miami I honestly have no idea when I will O I am CD13 today! We BD Friday and will tomorrow I am sure as I miss him, so we shall see what my body does!!!!

Seems like cruising is a popular VaCa, we are going in March :))
    Prayers to all this cycle and next!!!!!!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@just_ju: Anything new?????

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: Yay, for your cruise! where are you headed?
    pray your new RE is the perfect fit!!!!

26. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@FaithFertility: isn't it freeing to not use OPKs? I didn't the last two months and it was heavenly. We are headed to Belize and Cozumel! I'm getting pumped! Where will you be cruising in March?

27. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@FaithFertility: well ... I don't know. I've been feeling really good about this cycle. I've been a little extra reflux-y, which has me thinking it was a good sign - but I used one of my cheapie tests (which could be garbage, they're more generic than the wondfo - I can't even find a company name for them!) and it was negative. With today being day 12, I'm a bit discouraged. Maybe my beta on Tuesday will surprise me :).

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: Yes, it kind of is!!! I was so set on using them to see if I even ovulate, but if I do I do and if I don't no big shocker!!!
    We are going to Jamaica and Cayman Islands on a 6 day Carnival Cruise..... I am so excited!!! Ughh Belize is beautiful I've never been but I have seen pictures! When are you going!!!!

29. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@FaithFertility: we had a lovely afternoon delight today
    Seriously, it was the best ttc bd in as long as I can remember so I hope it's a sign! Tomorrow is our last shot for a couple days so I hope my ovaries cooperate with the timing

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@just_ju: Yes!!! Don't trust that cheap-O
    Prayers for BIG numbers on your BETA!!!

31. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@FaithFertility: Jamaica is so beautiful! Seriously loved it there. We go in April, so not too long, but it seems like forever with the winter we are having.

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bhbee: Yay :))))) some say the more sexual and enjoyable it is the better I was hoping for one of those when I came home today, but traffic was bad and I came home 10 minutes before DH was going to work!!! Here's to good timed Ovulation and great SEX Yes, I said SEX.....lol

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: It will be here before you know it!!!!!!!!!

34. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@FaithFertility: I am so jealous of your cruise! It sounds so lovely

35. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@FaithFertility: I'm feeling pretty good! I think the antibiotic I'm on has knocked me down more than any of the other meds. Let's just say that I drank lots of prune juice today! Had another monitoring appt today, and the doc thinks we'll go in for egg retrieval Thurs or Fri!

This is the month you're going "old school," right? Glad to hear you're able to relax a bit!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@thisisme: :\ no fun, but glad to hear your retrieval is coming up that has got to be exciting!!!!! Yep, we are totally old schooling it...lol I was going to get OPKs but never did, so it is nice to just relax...even though we all know I have my eternal O calendar counting days and such.....lol

37. BSB

@lazypanda: @FaithFertility: @bhbee: @T.H.O.U.: Thank you.

38. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@faithfertility: I'm not getting the same residual side effects with the second round of femara. I was reviewing my notes from last month and no sore boobs this time which I was already feeling around the same CD last time. Today is CD15 and we actually have been inserting an extra day of here and there. We were instructed to BD EOD starting with CD11 or CD12.

I decided to use the LH tests twice a day this time (FMU and right before bed) so I don't miss O. With my 23 day cycle last month, I thought I O'd on CD12 or CD13. Would you ladies say I O'd today or gearing up to O? The darker LH test is from this morning and the other 2 are from yesterday.

***checked my notes again and last cycle was actually only 22 days***

39. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@lazypanda: I'm not wondfo OPK expert but I'd guess you'll see a darker positive tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm in the same boat using the same tests right now! I don't think today's my day though.

40. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@bhbee: thanks! FX for the both of us.

I'm really hoping that this cycle works for us. I had such high hopes in the last cycle, esp with all the symptom spotting. Also learned of more pregnancy announcements this past weekend and while I'm very happy for those couples, its hard hearing that they just started trying or even worse, when they start asking, "so any plans for kids soon?" I feel like its so difficult to talk about this with anyone else because the only thing people say to me is to ask if work is still stressful or will tell me to "just relax." DH tells me that I just need to be a little more patient, that it will happen when its supposed to happen. And I do believe that to be so, however, I'm more worried that the older we are when we conceive, the more pregnancy complications we'll have.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee