Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: while I hope no issues pop up on the tests, I hope it convinces him to do IVF now!

Glad to know this is normal on clomid! As much as symptoms suck, it does feel like something is working, which Im happy about!

@MrsKRB: i hope so! Austin sounds exciting, I've never been there

Did any of you that took clomid also take baby aspirin? I asked my dr, but I think he was thinking aspirin for headaches vs TTC.

2. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Crystal: I took low dose baby aspirin all the way through! xx

3. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Thanks! I take baby aspirin every day, too.

4. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I could not wait for this day to be over. Saw extended family this weekend and one aunt said "time for another, huh" I told her to drop it and her response was "what, you don't think so??". Another aunt asked when we were going to have a second and I told her it was none of her business. Her response "well, I suppose it's hard when you both work". Why don't people have filters!!!! I was ready for wine at noon.

5. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@jaguar: do you take it the whole cycle. I've started taking it after ovulation, but maybe I should do it whole cycle.

6. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: @jaguar: ok, thanks! I started taking it yesterday. Can't hurt!

@NorthStar: ugh, I'm sorry, friend.i had a similar situation.

I saw my grandma last night, who went on and on about how much of a miracle children are, how super fertile she was (she had 5 kids), birth stories for all of her kids, and how I'll never understand love until I'm a mom. Which, I should probably do ASAP because I'm getting older. Thanks, grandma.

7. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: @NorthStar: Hugs! People are so obnoxious.

CD7 here. DH will have been on his supplements for 2 months coming up here. The next 4 weeks we have a ton of unrelated stress, but it should be over after that. We are planning a long weekend getaway in June for DH's birthday, and that just happens to be over FW, the one that will be about 3 months after his supplements/laptop avoidance. If it happens, the due date would be shortly before my birthday. There are a few other goofy signs, but I've had them before. I'm getting my hopes up, but hopefully it will make it easier to not stress this cycle.

8. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: FX for you!

9. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

Catching back up...

@NorthStar: San Diego sounds wonderful! A nice getaway to hopefully relax and unwind. I really hope your RE has some helpful thoughts and orders a bunch of tests. I'd push for the day 3 labs, HSG & SA (with IUI wash if they'll do it, so you know what the #s would look like for an IUI) since you're so far away. Might as well try to get them to knock out as many tests as possible to start. Hopefully they'll do a phone consult with the results, rather than drag you back down for another face-to-face.

@ms.line: I love Austin! I hope you get to enjoy some good food, drinks & music while you're there. Have a Texas Martini for me! And ditto on DH not getting triggered by friends' babies / pregnancy announcements, etc.

@Crystal: I've been taking baby aspirin since last summer every day. I'm sorry that your grandma was so pushy and unintentionally hurtful. IF is so hard and so painful. <hugs>

@AmeliaBedilia: <fx> for you here too!

CD9 for me, so I'm impatiently waiting another week-ish to O, then I'll impatiently wait through the TWW. I said on the May POAS board, we're always impatiently waiting for something!

10. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ballerinabee: thanks. friend.

"we're always impatiently waiting for something!" aint that the truth!

11. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Crystal: I take baby aspirin as part of my daily regimen, since my first miscarriage. All my doctors tell me to take it daily, even when I was on Clomid and now Femara! My FIL has been texting my husband and I since he returned home, and will not stop saying how we need to hurry up and have kids bc he's getting old People ARE obnoxious

@AmeliaBedilia: Fingers crossed for you! I agree that sometimes hope and focusing on the little signs is a nice distraction!

I'm sorry I haven't caught up with everyone to reply; how often do we start new threads for check ins now?

I'm currently about 10dpo (I think) on my first Femara cycle. I didn't do opks bc we were in Vegas so I'm not sure at all when I O'd. I hated Clomid but I do miss the blatant O pains it gave! I tested this morning and it was a BFN, But this afternoon I has some strong cramps then brown spotting. AF is due Wed so I may test again Tues morning. to all in the TWW!

12. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Thanks. Sending prayers for a Vegas Baby. Maybe you could get a onesie: "my parents went to Vegas and all they won was me."

CD12 here. So much going on between renovation (we picked the roof yesterday along with a bunch of other decisions. We need to pick the lighting for the entire house and finalize the solar panel contract) and other stuff.

13. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Popping back in with this group because AF showed this morning and I am so down. I could use some friendly people that get it. It was only my 1st IUI, but it makes me feel like after a failed intervention I can officially say I'm dealing with the "IF" word. Also, I think I may actually delete the term "failed" from my vocabulary because it's unnecessarily obnoxious! I need to remind myself of people who tried many times with increasing interventions but end up with their beautiful babe at the end.... Still, will be avoiding all the kid-friendly places in my town full of minivans today. If I see another adorable family I might lose it in public

ETA: apologies that I dumped that rant in here randomly! I've been following this thread and have you all in my thoughts constantly!

14. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@YogiRunner: So sorry to hear! This process really is so heart breaking sometimes. I try to remind myself that I will be a mom someday, and that I can enjoy my childfree life in the meantime, but that's often easier said than done. I'm thinking of hosting a June POAS board that's for TTC 6+ months - would you be interested in joining?

15. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: yay for the house! Are you living in it yet?

@ms.line: I would join that thread! I have a hard time on the regular POAS threads. I can understand how the members are upset on their second or third month of ttc ending in a BFN, but at 2+ years in, I have NO patience for it. Bitter, party of 1! Lol

@Kelli_Deluxe: thanks for sharing! I have an appt later this week and I'm going to bring baby aspirin up again. Did femara gave you the same symptoms that clomid did?

@YogiRunner: I'm so sorry to hear that... Be kind to yourself today, and if that means avoiding kid friendly places, then do what you gotta do. I completely get it. I keep reminding myself of the same thing- 99% people that have experienced what we have end up with their beautiful babies. I believe we will too!

16. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

Well that glimmer of hope yesterday (implantation bleeding?!) turned into full blown AF today. It's cd 25. 25! I'm completely lost and confused. I've never had a cycle shorter than 27 days and **if** I ovulated this cycle, that makes my LP 12 days. I feel like I took 5 huge steps backwards this cycle. Calling my doctor first thing in the morning.

@AmeliaBedilia: That would have been the best onesie ever!

@YogiRunner: Sorry about AF No shame in wanting to avoid families. Some days are rough!

@Crystal: Femara gave me zero symptoms or feelings, which now may be bc I didn't even O. Clomid gave me hot flashes/sweats, ovary pain and mood swings like crazy. Friends have told me Femara just gave mild headaches and a few hot flashes.

17. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@ms.line @crystal @kelli_deluxe: thanks for the kind words! Clearly I was feeling pretty sorry for myself this morning but trying to focus on the next cycle and remember to stay thankful for what we do have... And at least I can have champagne at my best friends upcoming wedding! I would also definitely be down for a 6 month+ thread. I agree the regular POAS boards can be tough some days. Let's do it.

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@YogiRunner: Aw chick, I'm sorry. There's nothing worse than that feeling. Onwards & upwards - dump away!

@Crystal: I think it's only human to find those threads tough. I tend to avoid them unless I'm doing an IVF transfer that month and legitimately have a shot. Otherwise, it's a bit too hard.

@Kelli_Deluxe: Have you had short LPs before? x *hugs*

19. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@jaguar: Never! I have had 28 day cycles for the last 10+ years and gotten positive opks/temps on cd 11 or 12 for the last 2.5yrs.

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Might just be a one off cycle then, sometimes they like to do crazy things to keep us on our toes. (Grrrr.)

21. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm out on my first iui cycle too. I was so convinced this would work, and not only did it not work but my LP is a day shorter? This whole process sucks, but we just need to embrace the challenges

22. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@MrsKRB: So sorry to hear!

23. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsKRB: Bugger. It's so hard when your hopes get dashed.. I'm sorry.

24. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsKRB: @YogiRunner: I was out this weekend, but I wanted to pop in and say that I'm SO sorry and thinking of you.

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I had a crap week last week, so wasn't on here too much (or at least posting). It's our fertile week, so going to try to make the best of it and we have our RE consultation bright and early tomorrow morning. Since it's 2.5 hours away, we are heading down to Minneapolis after work today and staying at a friends house. I suppose that I should come up with a list of questions and requests. @ballerinabee: I'll definitely be adding what you recommended to that list.

26. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@NorthStar: Good luck with your appointment!

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@NorthStar: yay your appointment is finally here! Good luck!

28. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ms.line: @MrsKRB: Thank you! I am very nervous about what they will say since all prior tests have been normal.

29. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@jaguar @mrskrb @northstar: Thanks so much for your kind words and support. It really, really helps to know you're not alone! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this understanding and kind community. And @northstar, good luck at your appointment! Only good things can come from it.

Side note, AF is way heavier than normal this cycle. Letrozole side effect?

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@YogiRunner: do you think you will do Letrozole next cycle too?

31. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@MrsKRB: Actually my RE is putting me on Clomid instead. Something about my estrogen peak level not being as high as she'd like. A little nervous of the side effects, but I'll trust her. Just need insurance to approve this cycle so they can put the prescription through in time for me to take the first dose tomorrow! They are fantastic that they cover a lot but soooo slow with the approvals. Don't they know timing is everything? Geesh. What about you, trying anything different this cycle??

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm pretty sure I will do the same thing this cycle. I'm positive the reason it didn't work is because I ovulated the night before my iui, I might ask if I can do an iui 12 and 13 hours after the trigger. I hope Clomid gives you the push you need

33. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@NorthStar: Hope the appointment goes/has gone well. xx

@YogiRunner: Could have been that the Letrozole gave you a thicker lining than normal, so a heavier shed. *hugs* You are definitely not alone.

Double jabs started today - Gonal F & Orgalutran (Ganirelix?) ... I forgot how much it stings.

34. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm on cd 2 after a Femara cycle and AF is crazy heavy. It must be bc of the meds, which like Jaguar says, may bc of a good, thick lining.

@jaguar: I don't know your story; are you doing ivf?

35. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Hugs! That is such an awful feeling- I know because I've been there. It's happened twice after a progesterone cycle. Had you done anything weird the cycle prior?

My pity party: CD14 here with likely O tomorrow. DH's been on the improve morphology plan for 2 months now, and we have been hitting daily through yesterday. DH and I had a meeting to plan out our kitchen cabinets, and on the way home found out he had a work emergency and will be gone all night. This very rarely happens, but of course when DH is already tired and I O tomorrow. It probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but it's so frustrating. I'm trying to focus on the awesome kitchen we'll have when the renovation is finished...but I want a baby more.

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Hey chick, yep, we're an IVF couple. Since starting back up for #2, we've had 2 FETs (both miscarriages), a freeze all IVF fresh cycle, 2 failed FET transfers & are now back stimming for another fresh cycle since we ran out of embryos to work with.

@AmeliaBedilia: Oh that is so frustrating. But if you've already had good timing beforehand, you could still be in well with a good shot? *hugs*

37. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: Sorry, I thought I had responded. No, the new house needs a massive renovation. We're hoping to be in it around November-December. In the meantime, we're just writing lots of checks and making lots of decisions. DH and I both have strong opinions, and usually they match, but we're having trouble on light fixtures and countertops. We're planning it as if we will have two kids (with room for 3 in that unlikely event), but it makes me sad to think it might be just us. It is such a great place to raise kids, that I can't imagine God would give it to us and then not let us have kids.

38. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal @YogiRunner and anyone else interested, I just started a new POAS thread for 6+ months TTC: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/june-poas-6-months-ttc

39. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@ms.line: thanks lady, looking forward to joining that thread. And I'm so sorry this cycle didn't work for you either. We'll get there.

@ameliabedilia: sounds like you have a ton going on right now. The house does sound exciting though. We're redoing our kitchen in the house we bought 6 months ago, and have the same mindset: where are the kids going to sit and eat? So I hear you, it's weird planning for little beings that don't exist yet! But think of it as one big change at a time... I'm confident it will be filled with pitter patters before you know it. Hugs.

40. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@jaguar: @YogiRunner: @ms.line: Thanks for the good luck!

Had my appointment this morning and am relieved to finally have a plan in place. While I was there, they did an ultrasound to count follicles (had 10, I think, and she said it was on the low end of what she would like to see) and a blood draw for AMH. When my next cycle starts, will do FSH and E2 (or something like that) testing, Clomid, and ultrasounds to monitor, with a trigger shot and IUI. The awesome thing is that ALL of this can be done locally, so we don't have to drive 2+ hours to Minneapolis! She gave me prescriptions for everything to cover 2 cycles and if we don't get a BFP, will add some shots of something just after the Clomid (can't remember which drug).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee