Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/18

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs.Someone: sounds promising! *fingers crossed*

2. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? 18 cycles.
    What are your plans for this cycle? I will be on BC to try and get my cyst to go away for good!
    How is your attitude/outlook? I am feeling pretty good. I have had some very supportive conversations with my mom and a friend in the past couple of weeks. I am happy AF is here after a 50 day cycle and I can now move into (what will hopefully be) my last cycle of waiting to TTC again.
    What have you struggled with most this week? I have been content this week, but I continue to feel frustrated that we can't actively TTC due to my cyst.
    What is your diagnosis? Failure to ovulate consistently on my own.
    What is one good thing that has come from IF? DH and I are stronger as a couple. We communicate better. I have matured in my confidence/willingness to discuss IF as our journey has progressed. I also think I have a greater understanding of others who may suffer quietly during a major life challenge.

I am back after several days away from the boards. I am happy AF is here (odd for this board, I know). But it means we are closer to actually trying again. I actually took Provera to induce AF.

3. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@kentuckygirl: Yay for AF and getting one cycle closer to TTC! So glad to hear about your positive outlook.

4. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@ineebee: Thanks! How are you doing today?

5. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@kentuckygirl: I'm doing pretty good! I just got back from IUI #2, and now all I have to do is wait, wait, wait until my beta on May 7. My birthday is a few days after that, so DH joked that his birthday present to me this year might be a baby! Let's hope so!

6. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@Leialou: Are you going to have to test each embryo prior to transfer?

7. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@ineebee: I hope ad pray your DH is right, hang i there, your TWW would be over before you know it.

8. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@mrswin: Were you able to get that beta done?

9. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC?
    Too many cycles to count, first started trying for LO2 September 2011

What are your plans for this cycle?
    I had an IUI (my 2nd) on CD14 (today is CD26).

How is your attitude/outlook?
    :))))))) + crossing my fingers - see photo

What have you struggled with most this week?
    I had a teeny bit of spotting CD23 and thought this cycle was a bust. Now I know it was probably implantation bleeding.

What is your diagnosis?
    Unexplained

What is one good thing that has come from IF? (Really think about this one, there has to be at least one positive)
    I am so grateful for everything in my life, and I will never take anything good in my life for granted

10. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@mrsmate: Wow, that is one strong BFP, Congratulations are totally in order.

11. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Jacks: we decided not to do that. We don't want to weaken any strong embryos.

12. Mrs. Pickle

@mrsmate: congratulations!!

13. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@Apex: @Leialou: thanks, ladies! I'm trying not to get too excited bc I had a MC just about a year ago at 7wks.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to POAS this month!

14. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@mrsmate: Congratulations!

15. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@mrs. mate: What a beautiful picture! Crossing my fingers and toes for you that this is it!

16. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@Leialou: does that mean your at higher risk for trisomies?

17. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@mrsmate: Congrats!

18. Suzimo

cherry / 132 posts

@mrs.mate: Congratulations fx for you:)

19. MK0180

kiwi / 545 posts

@mrsmate: Huge congrats!!!!!

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? Trying since Oct '11, Cycle 17
    What are your plans for this cycle? Starting on Clomid today. AF came on Saturday. If all goes well, we'll be doing our 2nd IUI
    How is your attitude/outlook? Pretty good. Glad that this cycle is finally here
    What have you struggled with most this week? Coming to terms that there is now no way I will have a baby before I turn 34. Also, the stress of moving AND living with MIL until she moves to Cali in June. Not really sure how this is going to go....
    What is your diagnosis? unexplained
    What is one good thing that has come from IF? DH has surprised me by being more hands on than I thought he would be. Everything that we have gone through he has been 100% accepting/on board/supportive. I also echo a lot of what others have said regarding not taking things for granted anymore and also being more sympathetic to others who are struggling - maybe not thru infertility but other curve balls that life tends to throw.

Good luck to all of you in whatever stage you may be in this journey I hope and pray that no matter what path we take or have to take results in the same outcome

20. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@mrsmate: ahhh congrats!!!

21. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@mrsmate: yay!!! Congratulations!!!!

22. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@mk0180: There are a good number of us on IUI #2 here (including me)! You are in good company. Good luck on this cycle!

23. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@just_ju: Welcome, hope you don't have to be here long!

@Apex: Thanks for asking about me. I had my beta yesterday.... it was negative

@mrsmate: Congrats! FX for a happy and healthy nine months

@kentuckygirl: Hope this is your last cycle having to take BC and can get back to trying again soon. Do they have any idea why it is taking the cyst so long to go away?

@ineebee: Good luck with the TWW, hope it flies by for you.

24. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

E2 update - the results are visible on my chart online, but I haven't talked to RE yet. I was hoping to see an increase, but instead it's even lower than before, coming in at only 50 on CD16. I'll probably be getting a call later this morning to cancel this cycle. I'm so frustrated. I have a few questions for my RE about what to do next. Anyone else with low E2? Any ideas on what can be done to help?

25. MK0180

kiwi / 545 posts

@ineebee: Indeed there are!! Good luck to you too this cycle Fingers and toes are crossed!

26. PastaAndPotato

apricot / 483 posts

@Shutterbug: how is everything going in boston now? is it settling back down?
    @ineebee: hoping he's right, too!
    @mrsmate: congrats girl!!!
    @mrswin: i'm so sorry about the negative beta

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? about 18 months

What are your plans for this cycle? just completed 1st IVF, and waiting for results - beta on friday!!!

How is your attitude/outlook? it probably could be better - i made the mistake of testing with a HPT stupidly early, and now i'm disappointed it wasn't immediately a glaring positive with flashing lights around it (bad choices in the early hours of the morning haha) still trying to keep optimistic and hoping for those little embryos to stick

What have you struggled with most this week? patience. i have none, and i'm ready to just know already

What is your diagnosis? severe MF

What is one good thing that has come from IF? i think its made me appreciate DH and how strong we are being for each other. also, it has made me appreciate all of the things that i do have in my life, and knowing that there will hopefully be a baby at the end of this makes me realize that we are already on the road to being great parents by taking this journey to have a little one.

27. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@pastaandpotato: Beautiful! I love to hear how the journey through IF strengthens marriages. And I'm sure Friday can't come fast enough! Here's to a lightning quick next three days and a positive beta!! Good luck!

28. Mrs. Polish

blogger / nectarine / 2010 posts

@mrsmate: ahhh! Congrats!

29. mrs.halfsie

olive / 63 posts

Sorry everyone for being super late this time! Life has been crazy, and I took advantage of not having to think about ttc for a while - I think you all understand wanting to clear your head of it all once in a while. It was great reading through the updates

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? I've lost count. Cycle 14-15?

What are your plans for this cycle? I get a call from the doctor today about my thyroid levels. All my previous doctors have never mentioned it as a problem, but my last test I was 2.6 and my current doc wants it down between 1 and 2. A little frustrated that this could have been taken care of ages ago!

How is your attitude/outlook? Indifferent, for now. Lots going on to keep my mind busy and if I can not think about ttc for a while, I think that will be good for my sanity.

What have you struggled with most this week? Feeling like I'm the only one that is struggling. No one else irl seems like they have any problems, and if they do, they seem like small potatoes in comparison to what I'm dealing with. I know that is a ridiculously shallow and selfish view of the world, but sometimes it's hard to deal.

What is your diagnosis? None yet.

What is one good thing that has come from IF? I think it has made me more grateful for the blessings I do have in my life. Although it's hard, I've been making more of an effort to appreciate the good things, and not let the bad in my life spoil the good.

30. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@mrs.halfsie: Good thing you have a doc that noticed it finally! My OB ignored my high-ish thyroid levels for a while too (2.2 and fluctuating a lot). When I was told that 2.5+ was miscarriage level, I realized it was time to switch. Do you have a plan to treat it? I'm on Armour Thyroid (a natural form that some people react better to), plus selenium.

31. mrs.halfsie

olive / 63 posts

@mrs.someone: I get a call from the doctor today about what the treatment plan will be. Yikes! I didn't know 2.5 was the miscarriage level! Makes sense though, since last month I had a chemical pregnancy, and several months of not POAS I had the same type of experience. Crossing my fingers that this is the problem!

32. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: @mrs.halfsie: I'm wishing my RE hadn't waited weeks to tell me my TSH was 3.5 and he wanted me to start Synthroid.

33. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: Yikes, thats high! Has it gotten down to a better level post treatment?

34. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I just started it this week

35. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: Sorry, but WTF. So irresponsible of the doc

36. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Seriously...all I can hope is that it gets better soon. I remember last fall it was at 1.5 so maybe this is temporary and easily adjusted with the meds.

37. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: With that much fluctuation you should ask to be checked for Hashimoto's... I read that something like 90% of hypothyroidism is actually Hashi's. Though was the TSH level taken while you were pregnant? That could be the cause of it going up too. How much synthyroid did they put you on? I did pretty well at 50mg, but was later given a higher relative dose by my ND (a different drug).

38. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: It was taken probably a week after I got pregnant...and not long after my IVF cycle so there was also that mess (I was on relatively high doses of stim meds and tons of progesterone/estrogen support). They put me on 50mg/day which upsets my stomach; hopefully that goes away? I'd love for my hair to stop falling out.

39. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: Geez, as if you need more things to deal with. I doubt the TSH levels would've changed that quickly. AWas the hair loss before or after the drugs? I never had any side effects of synthyroid, but I had heard better things of Armour (natural thyroid, comes from pigs) because it also includes T3. Maybe ask about that if it continues to bother your stomach?

40. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I'm curious about the selenium for thyroid? I'm on synthroid and my RE said I was ok at 2.12 TSH, although I thought it was supposed to be UNDER 2. I have my DH taking selenium for his sperm... should I be taking it too?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee