Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/18

1. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Shutterbug: You should definitely be between 1 and 2 for fertility, but I'm not sure selenium would do that. I'm on it because I have Hashimoto's, though I have read it is for improving thyroid function. I can't really comment on whether or not you should be taking it, and I doubt an RE would recommend it since its not a drug. Maybe look around for a naturopath? I'd be happy to give you the contact info of mine if you want, shes been giving Mrs. Halfsie phone consults.

2. mrs.halfsie

olive / 63 posts

So, my TSH levels were up from my last test to 2.78! I am going on thyroid replacement medication. I tested negative for Hashimoto's, so I'm going on Levothyroxin. Anyone know anything about that drug? I'm on the smallest dosage possible and we'll retest in 5 weeks.

@shutterbug: The ND @mrs.someone is referring to has been so great! She has been awesome working with me to get tests done from across the country and is very motivated to pinpoint the problem and find a solution. She sent me to get several tests done after out initial consultation and I got a lot of answers. Her clinic does not take insurance for phone consultations though, so I had to pay out of pocket, but her prices are reasonable and it has been worth every penny so far.

3. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@mrs.halfsie: I was on Levothyroxin for a while (50mg) and it got my levels down a bit. I think with the Hashimoto's my case is a bit different though. No side effects at all too. Did anything else come back as an issue?

4. mrs.halfsie

olive / 63 posts

@mrs.someone: Thankfully everything else looked good. Like I said, negative on the Hashi's and negative on MTHFR too. She also ran a test on my CRP levels, just to check inflammation since I was diagnosed gluten intolerant, and that came back fine. Definitely feeling more hopeful Glad to know you didn't have any side effects with Levothyroxin! I'll only be taking 25mg to start and we'll do any adjusting next month.

5. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@mrs.halfsie: That sounds good! Glad to hear you're feeling more hopeful

6. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Thanks for the info!
    @mrs.halfsie: I'm on 50mcg Levothyroxine. I've had zero side effects, and it took my TSH from 3.5 to 2.12 at my last test.

So I had my follow up with the RE today. He said everything looks normal, even DH's "3%" morphology. He said that their lab is extra strict in what the consider a "normal" sperm, so by their standards, 2% is the cutoff for normal.

He gave us four options - keep trying for up to 4 more months untreated, Clomid and timed intercourse, Clomid and IUI, or IVF. He said IVF would be a very aggressive step for us at this point, and I agree. I took an RX for Clomid (50mg) with the plan that we'll use that next cycle, and between now and then we'll decide whether to do IUI or TI. Overall I'm happy that he thinks everything is normal, but I'm not thrilled with being labeled "unexplained infertility" either.

7. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@mrsmate: yay! Congratulations!

8. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@PastaAndPotato: Thinking of you! Friday will be here soon (but not soon enough). Are you going to POAS again beforehand? Don't give a second thought to that earlier BFN. Way too early.

I am trying to visualize what you said about a baby being at the end of this. It is helping me get through this FET cycle.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee