Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2017 POAS

1. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@nwm: congrats!!!!

2. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@nwm: congrats! I wouldn't be nervous! That's a solid line!

3. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

10dpo, I can't believe it!!

4. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

Whoops. Trying again!

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NeonPink1234: congrats!

6. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@NeonPink1234: yay!!! So happy for you.

7. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@NeonPink1234: ahhh congrats!!!

8. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@elljay: @MamaBear87: @MrsJBeeG: @NeonPink1234: thank you so much!! i am somewhat in shock--obviously, i don't know how many DPOs i am, or i wouldn't have stopped testing so soon. i would have said 20 and with our BD schedule it can't be a whole lot less than that. i do think that my first LO may have implanted late (the doctor had me come in for serial appointments after he was behind schedule the first appointment), so hopefully that is all that's happened here! i go in to the dr. on monday!

9. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@nwm: Congrats!!!

10. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@NeonPink1234: Congrats to you, too!!

Maybe this month is looking good after all!

11. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@nwm: I think with a line like that, you're probably in great shape - I didn't see a truly dark line until around 20DPO with DS. Congrats!!

12. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@NeonPink1234: beautiful!! Congratulations!!

@LabradorLover: I know, right? This month is picking up!

13. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@nwm: @NeonPink1234: Congrats!!!!

14. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

October POAS

10/24--labradorlover
    10/28--elljay
    10/29--no_elle

akam0320 nwm neonpink1234

if any updates are needed please reply

15. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

Hello everyone,

This is my first post at HB, so forgive me if I'm still learning the lingo and such. I finally decided I needed to seek out some guidance and knowledge with this whole TTC endeavor! Until recently we've been TTC rather casually—"if it happens, it's meant to be" kind of mindset. But we decided in June to become more serious about it. I just recently started tracking my cycles in earnest. Details:

Cycle Day: 31
    TTC Cycle: 5 months in with seriously trying, but off birth control over a year (husband traveled for work quite a bit until recently, making it hard to time it right)
    Ovulation Date: 12
    POAS Date: I have no idea! See below. I'm such a mess.
    Baby #: 1
    What's up this month: This marks month 2 of tracking using the Ovia app, which I like so far. However, I'm so confused about what my body is doing! In Sept., I had AF on 1-5, and then again 24-28. I took a OPK starting immediately after AF ended on the 28th, and got high to peak readings Oct. 4-6, so we BD four times during my window. Now it's Oct. 24 and I have had no AF, even though the app told me I should expect AF on Oct. 20. I've POAS using FRER three times (haha, those things are so addicting), but all have come back negative. I kind of thought that if I posted here it might make AF finally arrive and stop making me deal with all this wondering. Thoughts? Suggestions? I feel like an absolute newbie at this, which is crazy considering it's my own body!

16. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@afc061018: First and foremost, welcome to HB!!! and now, out of curiosity, do you usually have irregular cycles?and have you tried any ovulation tracking apps besides Ovia?

17. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@chypmunk: Hello and thanks for the welcome! I always thought I had irregular cycles, but my OB said "nah" when I talked to her about it. She told me not to bother tracking and BD every other day the entire time I wasn't on my period, which is just impossible with work travel, so I decided on my own to start trying to track and have some idea of when to aim for.

June AF was 12-16, July 9-13, August 2-6, Sept. 1-5 and 24-28. Ovia is the first tracking app I've ever tried, and I started it in September. I'd be happy to take other suggestions if there's a better app to try.

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@afc061018: I would rely less on the app and more on OPKs. Ovulation should happen 12-36 hours after a + OPK. And then you should get your period 10-14 days after you ovulate, depending on how long your luteal phase is.

When was your first and last "peak" reading on the OPK?

eta: Since you've been off birth control for a year and trying for 5 months (depending on how old you are) I'd at least ask your OB to run cycle day 3 labs and go from there.

19. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@mrskansas: Hello! I had high readings Oct. 4-7 and peak on the 8th.

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@afc061018: If you had a peak reading on the 8th, you probably ovulated the 9th or 10th. If you have a 14 day luteal phase (which is the average) you should get your period anytime.

21. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@mrskansas: That's helpful! Thanks very much.

22. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

Well, I did test today and BFN. I tested out the trigger this month with the Wondfos so I could see when it was out of my system and not have to just wait for my blood test.

AF is due tomorrow and I started having super light pink spotting today along with some lovely pimples on my face. Not looking good for me...I am so sick of this process and don't understand what else we could do. I just want a baby so badly.

Looking like i'll move onto the November board...

23. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@LabradorLover: I'm sooo sorry!

24. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@LabradorLover: I'm so sorry. Come join us on the TTC 6+ month board if you're up to it

25. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@LabradorLover: sorry to hear that. for November!

26. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@afc061018: agree with @mrskansas: that OPKs will be more helpful. My cycle length varies every month because my ovulation date varies between cycle day 12-18. But my luteal period is always super consistent (which I believe it is for most people), so once I've ovulated, I pretty much know exactly when my period will come. I would recommend using the Fertility Friend app to track data - I don't temp, but I've found it to be really accurate when predicting my cycle nonetheless.

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@LabradorLover: so so sorry to hear 😟. All the luck this coming month

28. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

Thank you, ladies! Just super frustrating and annoying, as you all unfortunately know!

I really hate when people say to me "stop thinking about it constantly" or "just let it happen" or "it'll happen when you least expect it" because its super hard to do these things when you have to go through fertility treatments. You really can't "just let it happen" because there is an issue and it won't happen on its own! Some people just don't understand.

Just needed to vent...good luck to the rest of the ladies still going strong on this board! Hoping my bad luck brings good luck to the rest of you.

29. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@LabradorLover: PREACH!!! Everytime I hear those phrases it literally makes me twitch... my cousin tried to check in on me because of my loss and I told her that I just don't really even want to talk about it just because I can't tolerate one more person telling me those exact phrases

30. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@chypmunk: Totally understand. One of my co-workers, who I know is just trying to help, keeps telling me that I am young, have lots of time ahead of me and to be patient...just because I am 26 doesn't mean anything. I want my baby now, not later!

I am very lucky because I have my best friend who went through fertility stuff and fortunately for her, got pregnant on their first round of treatment. She can understand what I am dealing with and knows how to be sensitive to my needs so I am able to vent to her a lot...she is probably sick of hearing about it!!

I wish it were as easy as snapping our fingers and poof! we are pregnant. Ugh!

31. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

AF is officially here...good luck to the rest of you!

32. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@LabradorLover: so sorry love! come join us in the November board!

33. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

October POAS

10/28--elljay
    10/29--no_elle
    TBD---afc061018

34. no_elle

apple seed / 4 posts

AF showed up... on to November

35. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@no_elle: sorry about AF - good luck in November!

36. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

I dreamt about positive pregnancy tests all night long, which was really stressful, because even in the dream I knew it wasn’t real. I could test today (10DPO) but am waiting until Saturday - that way if I get crappy news my toddler can distract me.

37. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@no_elle: so sorry love... see you on the November board!

38. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

October POAS

10/28--elljay
    TBD---afc061018

39. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@LabradorLover: @no_elle: so sorry to hear. fx for next month!!

40. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

Looks like our crazy BD schedule this month paid off!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee