I'm at the end of my rope with naps and getting my almost 8 month old to sleep.

She usually goes to sleep on her own at night- probably 4-5 nights a week I nurse, then put on the sleep sack and sound machine, rock her for a few minutes and put her in the pack and play, and she rolls around for a bit and goes to sleep. The other nights she cries and gets worked up and DH or I end up rocking her to sleep. She usually wakes up once at night to nurse.

Naps are driving me up the wall. Some days she will nurse, then I bounce her to sleep and it takes like 5-10 minutes, transfers to the pnp no problem. Some days she won't fall asleep or wakes up in transfer and it's like an hour long battle and I want to tear my hair out. So I've tried putting her down like I do at night and it does. Not. Work. This morning she cried for almost an hour. I have a 3 year old at home and can't ignore her for an hour while I do this battle. The crying it making me an anxious mess.

So how do I get her to nap on her own? I know I need tone consistent but I don't know what to consistently do! Current situation is not working.