Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

any december 2013 mommies yet?

1. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Goldendoodle: Congratulations and welcome! I have no idea what to expect at the first appointment, but mine is on Monday, so I'll be sure and update after that.

2. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Goldendoodle: Yay, congrats and welcome!

3. Goldendoodle

pea / 16 posts

@Jaypegs: thank you!! congratulations to you too!! Yes please update on how the appointment goes!! My last period was 3/8 so I believe that's the first day that you count from, right? I hope I'm tracking the weeks correctly. How far along do you think you are?

@theswisswifestyle: Thank you!! Congratulations to you too!!!

4. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@Goldendoodle: at my first appointment last time there was lots of talking, going over do's and don't's, a blood draw, and an ultrasound. I don't think an ultrasound is standard at most offices but it is at mine. If they don't do an u/s, they might try and hear heartbeat (it is hard to hear with a doppler early on in pregnancy). Then you will probably schedule your next appointment which will be at 12 weeks. You'll do an ultrasound then and get the option of certain tests and scans.

5. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Goldendoodle: My last period was 3/3, so I'm five weeks tomorrow! So not much ahead of you.

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Thanks for the overview!

6. Goldendoodle

pea / 16 posts

@Jaypeg- yay!! That's so exciting!

@Rainbowsprinkles- thank you! That is so helpful!!!

7. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

Anyone nauseous yet? Still no nausea for me!

8. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: 5 weeks today and none here.

9. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

I've been debating whether to stop by and decided to very cautiously say hello. After going through infertility and always knowing exactly where I was in my cycle, of course I would get my BFP in the one screwed up cycle after IVF when I wasn't 100% sure when I ovulated! So I'm going to guess my due date is 12/16? Going for a beta tomorrow and I'm hoping so hard the numbers rise nicely!

10. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@spaniellove: happy you're here! Good luck with everything!

11. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

I'm also tentatively joining. I got my first BFP this morning, 9 dpo. EDD is 12/21/13. Eeeeeee!

12. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@mrsdoily: @spaniellove: Welcome!!!!

I had my first appointment today. Urine test to confirm, then talking things over with the midwife. The chapter in "What to expect" made me think it was going to be a lot more involved than it was - which was basic dos and don'ts, asking some lifestyle questions, and explaining a bit how my appointments will go. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on the 23rd. It was a bit anticlimactic, but good to get my questions answered. She also gave me some prenatal samples. She also ordered some bloodwork, since there is some concern about my progesterone, given my short lps.

We came home and called our parents, or at least his, because my Mom is still at work on the west coast. Fun!

13. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@mrsdoily: Congrats!

@jaypegs: It sounds like you had a good appointment...I hope they can take care of your progesterone issue if you do have one. I'm on a suppository 3x a day.

My beta today was 91 and the fertility clinic wants me to do them every other day for a while. The nurse told me that if the betas keep going up I might be able to do the first ultrasound at the end of next week and then I'll stay with them through the first tri but see an OB at some point.

14. mrs_t

coffee bean / 44 posts

@spaniellove - congrats! Hoping all continues to go well!

@rainbow sprinkles - SO much nausea! Seems like I got it earlier this time (5 1/2-6 weeks) than I did my last two (8 weeks). Makes it hard to keep it a secret when I feel so crappy!

First appointment is scheduled on 4/30. I decided to switch to a new OB, so hoping all goes well with that.

15. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

I had an appointment today to confirm and had my hcg levels tested. I should know them tomorrow! My first appt with the midwife (and first ultrasound!) is May 17th! I'll be 9 weeks then, so hopefully I will get a nice picture of the nugget to show my mom!

I will say, I have been bloated like a mo-fo. My uterus just feels so heavy. Plus I have a cold and I'm trying to suffer through it. I miss hot showers already

16. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

officially joinin this thread...

When did you find out?

i had a feeling when i got a scratchy throat last week...so not like me and the fact that my boobs felt fuller (i have a A cup), and the fact that my sister pointed it out also...finally caved and tested on Monday night (8DPO) and saw the faintist of pink lines, then confirmed with a FRER and digi on Tuesday morning (9DPO).

Who have you told?

Just DH, and we will tell my mom and sister tonight, cause i cant keep this secret from them...

EDD?

December 23 based on ovulation.

When is your first Apt?

May 7th cant come fast enough...

Did you do anything differently this cycle?

Accupunture...i think that apart from prayer, this is what really helped me finally get my BFP.

17. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@MrsCastro: congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo!!!

18. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@MrsCastro: yay! So excited to see you her!!!

19. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@mrs_t: I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so miserable already! But yeah for the appt to confirm!

@MrsCastro: Yay you made it over here!

Is there ever a reason 2 betas isn't enough if the numbers are good? I don't understand why my fertility clinic is making me come in every other day still. The woman who draws the blood is really rough and I don't want to keep worrying about the numbers! Especially if I get an ultrasound by 6 weeks. And they won't explain to me when I can/get to see a regular OB.

20. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@spaniellove: have you spoken to your Dr. about it? Maybe after a few HCG tests and they can see it is increasing they can stop the rest...

21. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@MrsCastro: Welcome! Congratulations!

22. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Guys I am bloated like a mo-fo today. Ugh. Not too mention constipated. Plus gas pains. I feel like a giant merry ball of gas. Anyone else?

23. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@MrsCastro: It looks like I'm stuck doing the betas for now but maybe around 8 weeks I can try to make the switch!

@mrsdoily: I had horrible nausea last night; it's been creeping up on me all week. And I've lost weight but my belly must be bloating a little. So weird!

24. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

So i'm still in denial (and so nervous because it is so early and my lines aren't that dark yet), but i'm tentatively saying hi to you guys because i got my BFP yesterday! (10DPO). I'm planning on swinging by my doc's office monday morning for some bloodwork so we'll know then for sure, but AF isn't due until tomorrow so i'm terrified that it's a chemical. BUT, i just wanted to say hi and congratulate all of you guys on your December babies!! I hope to join this thread for real next week!

25. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@spaniellove: I had mild nausea this morning and I beat that sucker back down with blue Gatorade. I'm praying for no morning sickness...I don't deal well with my own puke, lol

26. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Ladies, I started a due date thread so that we have a list we can just click on and refer to. I know I would love to know if anyone has the same due date, plus I hope it will be easier to just click on it and see instead of scrolling back and forth. If you want to add your due date, just go here: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/december-2012-due-date-list

And I will compile a list when we have more responses!

27. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Pirouette: Congratulations and welcome!

@mrsdoily: I've felt bloated for awhile now, and it makes ma so uncomfortable to have anything tight around my stomach.

For symptoms, I'm not feeling sick, thankfully! But my breasts are sooooo tender and I'm seriously starving pretty much every two hours. I've put on 5 lbs in 2 weeks, it's bananas.

28. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrsdoily: me. Super bloated. I feel fat. Lol

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@jaypegs: thanks!! I've been so ravenously hungry! And it seems to come out of nowhere... Not hungry at all and then must eat right now!!

30. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

OMG please no one mention food tonight! I'm getting over the worst bout of stomach pain/nausea from a food allergy. Seriously was lying on the bathroom floor sweating in pain, thinking if labor is like this, is it too late to turn back?

31. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@spaniellove: oh man! I hope you are feeling better!! I have no idea what labor is like but you got through that, so you'll get through labor too!

32. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Pirouette: Haha thanks! Forget the food allergies, I think my ulcer is back! A little Prevacid helps a ton and I'm feeling much better.

33. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

I've been lurking on this board hoping to join. I got my BFP yesterday after AF was a few days late, but I have been suspecting pretty much since the beginning of the TWW. By my calculations I'm due 12/19 and this will be my second baby (my first was December 2010). Congrats to everyone!

34. whatsarahsaid

cherry / 235 posts

So happy to post that I got my BFP on Friday and am due 12/22! Is there an offical December 2013 mommies board yet?

35. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@whatsarahsaid: I don't think anyone has started anything super official yet! I have started a due date list thread, and was thinking that maybe we should start an appointment and a symptom thread as well so that this main one doesn't get overloaded and it's easier to follow along in each one. What does everyone else think?

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsdoily: i think that's a great idea! I'd love to know how far along everyone is having appointments, symptoms, etc., but i think they may get lost in the shuffle with just one thread.

I want to join the due date thread but i don't know what my due date is! i just got my blood test results and she said "you are very early but unequivocally pregnant!" she said my hcg was 159 and that was consistent with "about 2 weeks". I'm guessing by 2 weeks she means 2 weeks since ovulation, and that i'm approximately 4 weeks? my LMP was 3/14, but i think i O'd CD19, so 4ish weeks sounds about right...i don't know, this is all very confusing

37. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@mrsdoily: the November Mamas think it's confusing to have too many threads... we like having a couple... 1 for appointments and 1 for other stuff plus our gold bump thread. just throwing that out there!

Congrats Mamas!

38. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Pirouette: I looked it up and am guessing that your due date would be 12/23 or so? We're all guessing at this point anyway! I'm not 100% about my date because my charting got messed up.

39. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@Ash: Thanks! So far we have one for appointments, and one is a running due date list, and then this one for our chatter. I think that this will help keep everyone straight on who is who! I think a bump thread will also be great!! Upgrading to gold is going to be my present to myself!

40. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@spaniellove: ah, everyone sounded so sure of there's so I assumed I was the only one that didn't have super normal cycles! Dec 23ish sounds about right... I'll go with that till I know for sure!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee