Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

any december 2013 mommies yet?

1. whatsoniasaid

pea / 17 posts

Just got my BFP this morning..okay, it was faint, but still there! Going from the date of my last period, my due date would be 12/23. I gonna wait until I confirm my test next week before I schedule my confirmation appointment!

2. elchalten

olive / 64 posts

hello.
    First of all: Congrats to all of you!!!

Can I cautiously join ?

DH and I struggled with infertility for 2 years. We just found out on Saturday that our first IVF was a success. Betas are doubling nicely.

It is still super, super early and so many things can happen. But I'm trying to enjoy and celebrate each day that I'm pregnant. Due date would be: 12/20.

Looking forward to get to know you.

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@whatsoniasaid: congrats! i think i'm due around 12/23 too!

@elchalten: wow, congrats! yay for doubling betas! i'm so nervous too, given that it is so early...just taking it day by day and hoping to get to the point where we can see something growing in there in a few weeks

4. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@elchalten: Congrats!! You must be so relieved...I went through IVF as well although mine was a failed cycle and I had a surprise BFP the cycle after. That's so wonderful to hear that your betas are doubling nicely! Fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly from here!

5. elchalten

olive / 64 posts

Thank you for the welcome!

@Pirouette: I feel you! But I try to really enjoy the moment. If something goes wrong I want to be sure that I'v at least enjoyed every minute of this pregnancy.

@spaniellove: Confession time. I was actually stalking you guys over at the IVF support thread but was too chicken to contribute. If I remember correctly we both share the same issuess. DOR. You can not image how thrilled I was when I found out a few days ago that you'd conceived naturally. You were also the reason that made me jump on this thread so early. I really wanted to connect with you :)))) I hope that doesn't sound too creepy....
    I have everything crossed that you can leave the beta hell any day now.

@ all: Are you guys having any symptoms yet???

6. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@elchalten: welcome!!!

no real symptoms for me yet...i have noticed i have some food aversions...and am craving fruit more so then anything else...i am only 4w+2d...

7. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@elchalten: that's a great attitude! so far, i'm so early that i'm not experiencing much, other than sore boobs (SO PAINFUL!) i definitely have a little bit of excess saliva, and increased sense of smell, but i'm getting used to them so they are not bothering me as much. The past 24 hours i've felt a little bit crampy, which is making me nervous

8. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

Hi, occasional thread-stalker here (not pregnant, just baby-crazy, apparently

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to all the new Mamas-to-be!

And @elchalten: Going to sound really creepster, but I remember you from WB, and I'm so beyond thrilled to see you finally got your BFP! I seriously did a little happy dance in my chair!

9. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Is anyone else having light cramps as a symptom? My doctor keeps assuring me that it's all good because there is no blood and it's not severe, but it's scaring the crap out of me. I'm trying now to stress out, but these next 7 weeks and 3 days are going to go so slow (when I hit the 12 week mark). I'm just trying to keep calm until my first u/s on May 17th. Am I the only one that is going through this?

10. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@elchalten: Aww, I wish you had chimed in but am glad to be connecting with you now! It was so lonely seeing that I was the only one with DOR, and knowing it had to be more common than that. It's awesome that we both made it to this side, and I am going to hope so hard that we get to meet our healthy little miracle babies in December!

11. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@mrsdoily: I also have occasional very light cramps and remember having them with my first pregnancy too. I think it's pretty normal.

Other symptoms are wanting to drink lots of juice (like smoothies) and I had a terrible cold that started probably a few days after conception, and it is still lingering. I rarely get sick!

12. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsdoily: yup, and i'm terrified too. every time i feel a twinge i think "wait, is that on one sign? ectopic?" i must stop freaking myself out! i think it is perfectly normal to have cramping and it's also perfectly normal to be nervous about it

13. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

Congrats and welcome to all the new faces! So exciting!

Just started to have some food aversions today, at 6w2d. Super sore boobs (I had to go buy more supportive bras this weekend), going to bed by 9:30, hungry all the time, and nose bleeds - who knew that was a symptom?!

14. elchalten

olive / 64 posts

@FutureMrsMcK: Thank you!!! Very sweet of you

@mrsdoily: Yeap, I got the cramping too. To me, It feels exactly like AF cramps. That's also the reason why I refused to take a HPT prior to our beta day, I just knew that AF was on her way. I was so wrong

@spaniellove: I'm so sorry I left you hanging over there I just didn't want to join a board while going through IVF. I knew I would compare myself to others and that is really not helping with DOR. I started a blog as my infertility outlet about a year ago and have "met" quite a number of DOR girls.They are definitely out there. It helped me a lot to not feel alone.

15. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

anyone incredibly thristy?

i am drinkng coconut water like it is going out of stlye....

16. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@MrsCastro: I am! I've drank like four tall smart waters today

17. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@jaypegs: got my first nosebleed yesterday!

@MrsCastro: i've been chugging water. as a consequence, i pee every 20 minutes. but that isn't THAT different from usual, i always drank a ton of water! i think drinking a lot of water helps with my watery mouth somehow...like distracts me from it.

18. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I have an ultrasound in two hours! I will keep you posted!

19. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: YAY, so excited for you...keep us posted!!!

20. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@mrsdoily: @Pirouette: how much water did you drink prior to being KU? and after?

i have to say i am a bad water drinker...i would typically drink 1 maybe 2 glasses...but not i feel like i am drinking upto a 3/4 - 1 gallon of liquids...

21. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Exciting! Good luck!

22. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsCastro: ha it's kind of hard to say because i feel like the past few months i've been trying to limit water intake for OPKs and HPTs so often during the month! it's so nice to be able to drink as much as i want now i'm going to guess i probably drank around 8 glasses a day and now i'm up to 10-12. but it might not be all that different since i've drastically decreased my exercise level as well... I also don't drink anything else, just water (and 1 cup of decaf coffee in the am)

@Rainbow Sprinkles: EEK! one hour to go! can't wait for your update!!

23. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: how was your apt?

24. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@MrsCastro: I was also a terrible water drinker before getting KU. I'm hoping that drinking so much of it now will help me have a better habit of doing it after the little nugget is born.

25. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@mrsdoily: i am seriously hoping for the same...LOL...wishful thinking right...

26. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@MrsCastro: good! Baby had a healthy heartbeat....I think 148 or something? I am officially due december 3rd so I was right in with my ovulation/conception date!

27. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: yay for a healthy heartbeat, congrats!

28. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: So good to hear that your u/s went well and the baby had a great hb!!

29. elchalten

olive / 64 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Yay! Congrats! So happy to hear those great news!

30. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

So the appointment was mixed, but there's still hope. Ultrasounds aren't handled very well there and when the tech said "but you're not even measuring 5 weeks!" I fell apart inside. And when I had to go back out in the waiting room I started crying because I couldn't take bad news two months in a row - first a failed IVF, now a m/c.

Then the pregnancy nurse took me back and explained that I was measuring a few days behind where I thought I was but they didn't think it was ectopic. I'm supposed to go back on Tuesday to look for a yolk sac, and in 10 days to look for a heartbeat. They also want me to start taking Synthroid because my TSH levels were high, which was a surprise. Aaannnnd, the nurse thought my stomach pain episode sounded like gallstones brought on by pregnancy. So I've got it all going on! But as long as the baby is okay I can take it, really!

31. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@spaniellove: so much up and down! it does sound positive though overall, measuring only a few days behind where you thought you were is pretty common, i think! and I think it's great that you can go back on Tuesday and in 10 days...it should set your mind at ease!

Regarding the TSH levels and the gallstones, that part sucks, i am sorry I didn't know gallstones were common in pregnancy, and this early, too! I'm sorry you have to deal with that, sounds like a lot being thrown at you today.

I hope the tuesday appointment sets your mind at ease all around!

32. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@spaniellove: i am sorry you didnt have such a great experiance with the staff...i swear they are tought to not have any compassion...its reassuring to know you will be able to go back on Tuesday again...i guess its the good and bad about early testing...sending you many big hugs and a few virtual cupcakes...

33. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@MrsCastro: Cupcakes sound really great right now! The nurse was much better in person than on the phone and she gave me a huge packet of information on safe foods and dealing with discomforts.

34. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

@spaniellove: how far along did you think you were prior to the apt?

35. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@spaniellove: Sorry to hear about such a stressful appointment! I hope Tuesday goes better! And the gallstones!!! I had mine taken out just over a year ago after two attacks, and you are not kidding about the pain! I've heard from others that it was worse than childbirth (thinking back to your initial comment) if that makes you feel any better - it does for me! I was so glad to get mine removed!

36. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Thread stalker here

@spaniellove: I'm so sorry to hear that. If you have any q' s on gallbladder related things, feel free to.message me. I had mine out when I was 23 after a year of misdiagnoses. They are no fun, but manageable. FX for good news next week and a very sticky baby!

37. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@MrsCastro: I thought 5w and 2-3 days, they thought just under 5 weeks? But the nurse insisted that what the ultrasound showed was consistent with my beta levels and what didn't match was my dates.

@jaypegs: @LovelyPlum: Can I ask if you tried to manage the gallstones with diet at all before you had them out? I'm afraid to go straight to surgery because my husband had his mistakenly removed when the problem was really that he had lactose intolerance and celiac.

38. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@spaniellove: I hope everything is much better, and they are nicer when you go back Tuesday! I have my first appt. then. (Finally.)

39. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

I ended up having to back sooner than expected! The nurse called me this morning to tell me my beta was good but my progesterone and estrogen dropped like a rock. So I had to go in for a PIO injection and have to start taking Prometrium and Estrace in addition to the Endometrin...although I'm allergic to the Prometrium so I don't know if she'll just have me do PIO shots daily. I will do whatever it takes!

40. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@spaniellove: oh man, I'm sorry to hear that...it's been a rough two days for you! BUT, your beta came back good, so yay! how long would you have to take the shots for? anything for the baby, right?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee