Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

any december 2013 mommies yet?

1. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Hoping for good news on Monday!

2. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

My appointment went well this morning. I'm measuring two days ahead and we got to hear the heartbeat. Baby was cooperating, so the tech even took a 3D image, so we could see the little head and the arms and legs just beginning to grow. So neat!

3. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@spaniellove: I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you find peace.

4. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@jaypegs: that's amazing!! How far along are you? What a great appointment!

5. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Hi ladies! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing today!!

6. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Pirouette: I'm 7w3d. It was so cool!

@mrsdoily: I had fun a night out with two of my closest friends, who were very excited when they saw I wasn't drinking! Earlier than I had planned on telling, but it was fun to share.

7. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@mrsdoily: I am exhausted! I remember being very very tired in the 1st trimester with DS, but now that I'm in the 1st trimester and running after DS, phew! I have to start scheduling in post-lunch naps. I am also feeling a wee bit of nausea. Nothing bad yet, and I hope it stays that way. Also, a bit of vertigo, mostly when I stand up too quickly.

I wish my first appointment wasn't so far off! I'm 6 weeks today and don't go in until week 12!

8. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

Hi everyone! I decided to join the board even though I wanted to wait until my first doctor appointment (it's tomorrow... so close enough, right?)

I got my BFP yesterday, at 18dpo, so that puts me at about 5 weeks along. My EDD is 12/28/13!

9. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@lamariniere: I've been exhausted, too! I could barely wake up this morning. I thought getting up and teaching was bad enough, but I can't imagine having a LO to run after, too!

@jaypegs: That's awesome! I'm jealous you got to see your baby already

10. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@amreis: congrats and welcome! And yes, it is still too early and too complex for DS to understand that mama has something in her belly making her a little sick and a little tired!

11. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@lamariniere: Our first appointment is still about 3 weeks away! I'm getting so anxious! I'm happy to have someone with the same EDD though, yay for hitting six weeks today!

12. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@amreis: wow i can't believe you have an appointment tomorrow already!! good luck!

I'm feeling ok...just really nervous about monday's appointment. I have a very busy weekend ahead (a shower, a bachelorette and my dad's bday dinner!), so at least the time will pass quickly, but at the same time i'm just craving a weekend with nothing to do but chill!

13. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@Pirouette: We are having company all weekend, so I'm hoping my symptoms (like wanting to conk out at 9 at night, and now my increasing nausea), doesn't put too much of a damper on the weekend! Though DH is super excited to finally get to tell someone that we are expecting! It's going to be too hard to hide, so we are just going to tell them (it's DH's best friend and his wife).

14. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@jaypegs: So happy to hear that your appointment went well! I knew that was why I had to tell my two BFFs a couple of weeks ago. It's just too obvious, lol.

@amreis: Welcome!!! Excited to have another December mama join us!

15. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsdoily: i have the same concern! i have to eat 3 meals out this weekend with big groups, so i'm just hoping the nausea stays at bay! that's so fun that you are telling them (and so cute that DH is so excited!). i'm telling my parents this weekend and i'm so nervous/excited.

my DH isn't bouncing off the walls yet because he knows how nervous i am. I think if everything goes ok on monday he will be for sure!

16. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@Pirouette: I was surprised that I had an appointment that soon, too. I'm not sure what will happen... I just told them that I had a positive test, and they scheduled me for two days later. I have a feeling it will just be some blood work and a lot of information, and then I'll have a regular 8ish week appointment.

@mrsdoily: I'm taking a mini-road trip with some friends next weekend to visit another friend and her new baby.
    I'm a little nervous to tell anyone yet, so hopefully no exhaustion or sickness so I don't give myself away! How exciting that you get to share your joy with some friends! Do you have any special way that you're going to do it?

17. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

i have officially had my first waves of naseau as of last night...and i feel awful today...

18. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Well...before DH could tell this best friend about our nugget. .. they announced that they are also expecting and she is due 3 weeks before us! So That worked out better than i thought. The not so good news? Morning sickness is starting to hit hardcore. Bleh. Nausea allll day! Ugh.

19. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsCastro: oh no! how far along are you? im so dreading it!!!

@mrsdoily: that is amazing!! im so jealous you have a friend in real life who is pregnant too! sorry about ms...booooo!

20. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@MrsCastro: @mrsdoily: Ughhh booooo to MS!

Mrs Doily - How exciting that you get to share your time with your friend! I bet she'll be glad to hear she has a friend to go through pregnancy with, too

21. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@mrsdoily: I also just found out that one of my mommy friends is due just 3-4 weeks before me. Other than my 2 best friends, we haven't told anyone yet, but I'm excited to tell her once we start announcing since we will be so close.

Good luck with the MS ladies. It's definitely no fun. anyone find any good remedies yet? It seems I feel more nauseous if my stomach is empty, so I am trying not to let myself get too hungry. So far it has been helpful to munch on rice cakes and crackers.

22. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@lamariniere: My friend just told me that if the MS is pretty mild (like the constant nausea), to take a supplement of vitamin B-6. That is what her OB prescribed to her. My doc already has offered me Zofran, but mine is still mild enough I'm going to try other things first. Zofran can give you constipation, and right now that is no joke in my house. Ugh!

23. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@lamariniere: my cousin swore by ginger hard candies to get through bouts of nausea. I don't know if it just worked for her or if it's something to do with the ginger that helps.

24. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

For those of you suffering from nausea or MS, try chewable papaya enzyme. It is the only thing that got me through my first trimester with DD. It was a lifesaver!!!!

25. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsdoily: I found some ginger chewable tablets with b6 in them, so I'm hoping they will help a little. The only b6 vitamins I could find were 100mg and that just seemed too much! I'm going to ask my doc on Monday.

26. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

Thanks ladies. I've been doing the ginger and vitamin B6, but still haven't been able to shake the "off" feeling I've been having for the last few days. It's not really that bad, but it makes me feel like I shouldn't stray far from home.

@rainbow sprinkles: I've never heard of the papaya enzyme, but it sounds very interesting. I would have no idea where to get something like that here (in Austria) though.

27. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@lamariniere: I got mine at super supplements. Di you have any stores like that??

28. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@Pirouette: Ginger is good for MS too! I'm going to have to look for some of those. I'm just thankful that this ms is not bad enough to make me not want to eat or drink anything or puke (ugh I hate puking), but it is enough to definitely be decreasing my food intake and give me that off nauseous feeling all day.

29. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@rainbow sprinkles: No supplement type stores (GNC comes to mind) that I know of, although some health food stores carry some products. But since I don't speak German, it's hard to figure out labels. The sale of medication and supplements is much more controlled here. For example, if you need pain relievers or cold medicine, you have to go through a pharmacy. You don't need a prescription for those kinds of things, but it's not like in the US where you can just run out to any store and pick up a bottle of Tylenol.

Edit: Also, things like pregnancy tests seem to be pharmacy only. I've not seen them in any other kinds of stores here, so I sent DH to the pharmacy to get one when we were still TTC.

30. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsdoily: I feel the exact same way, I'm just dreading it getting worse! Only difference is I've definitely been increasing my food intake to try to stave it off! The brand I found is called ginger trips - made by solaray. I found them at whole foods but they are probably cheaper online. I like them so far but I'm concerned I'm going to develop an aversion to ginger if I eat it too much while nauseous!

31. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lamariniere: I remember seeing supplements in those bio stores - the ones that have lots of health foods. I wonder if you'd find it there.

32. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@Pirouette: We unfortunately do not have a Whole Foods in my city yet (We just got the first one in Iowa about a year ago!....please come my way!), but DH's aunt works in a wholistic clinic, so I wonder if she will carry anything like that!

33. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@lamariniere: I got a terrible cold in Germany and remember that it took me awhile to find medication because of that! Finally I ran into someone who took pity on a sick American Tourist and not only told me to go to an apothecary, but went with me and did the language stuff! Culture shock indeed!

34. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

I'm so tired!! is anyone else feeling exhausted? it's only 10:30 and i'm counting down the hours till i can relax on the couch! I did have a crazy weekend (was out till 2am on saturday and didn't get home until almost 10 on sunday), and i also think i was really nervous about the appointment yesterday so i didn't sleep well sunday night, but man, i feel like i could sleep forever right now!

hope everyone is doing well!

35. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@Pirouette: I'm still super tired! I think I usually go to bed around 9:30 now (I get up at 7:30 for work). If I nap, I can usually push it to 10:15ish. M/S is hitting. She likes to show her ugly face primarily around meal time...just enough to deter me from a large meal...or anything more than a nibble. Blue Gatorade has been my BFF so far this pregnancy, that and stool softener!

Only 17 more days until my appointment! I'm SO excited!

36. amreis

cherry / 143 posts

@Pirouette: I've been exhausted, too! I actually taught from a chair today in front of the room instead of standing and walking around. I told them I hurt my back... I have juniors, so they get suspicious easily. Sounds like you had a fun weekend, though!

@mrsdoily: So sorry you're dealing with bad MS. That's no fun at all. At least the blue gatorade has helped!

I've been going to bed around 9:30, too, but I have to get up at 5:30. I keep waking up in the middle of the night and having trouble getting back to sleep. Doesn't help when I'm already tired!

37. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsdoily: i wish i could go to sleep that early!! my DH doesn't get home until around 8:30 so it would basically mean we don't see each other. i'm usually an 11-7 sleeper but i find myself passing out on the couch around 10:15 lately. sorry the MS is getting you mine's been at bay the past few days, FX so tightly!!

17 days!! that will fly! my doc wants to see me back in 2 weeks because i was measuring too small for her to even date the pregnancy accurately. so yay for another U/S so soon but boo for being so scared the next 2 weeks about measuring behind schedule

@amreis: ha, it was fun, i guess. i had one of my best friend's bachelorette parties, which is only sort of fun when you are the only one sober! believe me I was craving my bed by 11pm I've been waking up a ton as well...having to pee a lot doesn't help either. What i would give for a night of uninterrupted sleep!

38. mrs_t

coffee bean / 44 posts

First appointment this afternoon (9.5 weeks)... Feeling kind of nervous! I have terrible nausea/morning sickness, and was on Zofran with my other two, so hoping my new doctor will agree to it this time. Really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat, though!!

39. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@mrs_t: How did your appointment go? Hoping you get some comfort from MS!

How is everyone else doing? It's pretty quiet in here, so I thought I would do a questionaire for everyone to do to get some more discussion;

How far along are you now?
    What symptoms are affecting you the most?
    Who have you told so far?
    What are you most looking forward to in the next 4 weeks?

40. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

How far along are you now? 6 wks 6 days

What symptoms are affecting you the most? MS and fatigue. They are killing me!!

Who have you told so far? Same old people who have already known. DH, my sister, my grandmother, my two Best friends, DH's best friend and his wife.

What are you most looking forward to in the next 4 weeks? Our first ultrasound (5/17), hearing the heartbeat for the first time. Telling DH's mom and my Mom, at the same time!! Finally letting the beans spill at work!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee