Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@nana87: How long is the flight?? Make sure you are well hydrated! Plane air makes me soooo dry and cranky haha. I'm with you on the bloating, i'm actually eating less because for some reason I don't have much of an appetite but I literally feel like I have a bump. But it's gas. So that sucks.

2. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@nana87 @chibee: I hear you on the bloating. It's like constant PMS. there's also a little constipation thrown in the mix so I just feel gross overall.

I also have an international trip coming up for work - flying from NY to Asia the second week of September. not looking forward to it. If there's nausea + fatigue + bloating + sore boobs all combined by then, I might be really miserable.

3. megz06

apricot / 335 posts

@SupernovaJ: Icky. I don't have an international flight, but I am flying to AL Sept 24, and I am freaking out. My Dr. said Dramamine would be ok to take, but I am still just scared. I already hate flying as it is. I don't have very miserable pregnancy symptoms yet, but at that point I will be just over 11 weeks, and I can't help but think there will be at least some misery (hoping I am wrong).

4. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

My boobs aren't exactly sore, but they do feel a little tender and definitely fuller. They felt really sore with S, but maybe since I'm only 5 months pp, my boobs haven't really gotten a chance to get back to normal?

My stomach is icky, though. I can't eat more than a few bites of anything. I don't get sick, I just get sick of eating things. Except apparently dill pickles.

5. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

April Due Dates

4/1 - hazeleyes
    4/2 - gilmoregirl
    4/5 - luckypenny
    4/6 - dandelion
    4/7 - lovelyplum, cmbknyc, mrsspadusa
    4/13 - megz06, chibee
    4/14 - supernovaj
    4/18 - nana87
    4/20 - THOU
    4/23 - jill_a55

6. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

How's the list everyone? Any updates that I missed?

7. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@luckypenny: Thanks for the updated list.

I'm glad to see no one is due 4/9! Did you guys see the birthday list? There were two moms with 4/9 EDD that went WAY late!

8. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @luckypenny: I don't know exactly my due date, cause I'm not sure when I ovulated, but I'm thinking that my due date is more like the 9th...and after that birthday post, it kinda makes me nervous, but I do know that since I'll probably be induced before hand, I think I'll be breaking that curse, lol.

Hopefully on Wednesday I'll have a better idea of my due date.

9. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@T.H.O.U.: oh I already know ill be late lol DDs due date was 4/12 and she wasn't born until 4/23! I'm telling everyone but DH & HB that the due date is 2 weeks later than it actually is lol

10. T.H.O.U.

@luckypenny: so does that mean your really a March momma?!?

I am hoping that since this is my second he/she comes one time!

11. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@T.H.O.U.: no. You guys know the truth but I just can't go through everyone asking me "is the baby here yet?" again lol

12. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I'll probably actually be a March momma...I joined both boards!

13. T.H.O.U.

@luckypenny: I know what you mean. I am debating just saying "the end of April" or literally using the last day of April as the date we tell people.

14. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@chibee: the flight is 3 hours, so not terrible. I will definitely be drinking lots of water, and also I'm sitting on the aisle so it'll be easy to get up to pee! haha, very important consideration the really long flight though is next week--after I get back to where I'm temporarily living this summer, I have less than 48 hours before I turn around and fly back home--a 7 hour flight! I'm just so happy to go home though that I can't wait, as terrible as it will be. And then a few days after that I have a 4 hour train ride...way too much traveling this month!

15. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@Dandelion: me too, but the opposite. My dr gave me 3/29, but I think my EDD is early April. But who knows, I think I"m prob going to say late March/early April. I mean, its a few days, but it is a big mental thing! Maybe I'll get more info at my appt tmw

I have to check the other board, but doesnt someone have an appt today? @luckypenny: I think you're with me tmw... eek!

16. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@nana87: oh my. Lots of snacks, breaks, water and naps for you!

17. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@HazelEyes: Yeah, I know it's just an estimate, but it'll feel good to get a date, lol. I don't like this feeling of not knowing a real due date!

18. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@HazelEyes: yes!! Eek! So excited!

19. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

I am so nauseous and it keeps getting worse ugh. I go back to work tomorrow (I'm a teacher) and I'm super nervous about dealing with the nausea in school. I've tried just about everything, peppermint tea, ginger chews, eating constantly, crackers, etc, but I'm pretty nauseous regardless for like, 60% of the day. Over it. I am counting the days until the second trimester because I'm pinning all my hope on that being the end of this nausea.

20. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@HazelEyes: definitely!

@gilmoregirl: i feel you, this nausea is the worse! i'm worried that it's going to get even worse before it gets better...

21. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@luckypenny: I just got back from the Dr. and got an official estimated date of April 10th! I figured my 4/23 date was off...

I've figured out my "morning" sickness a bit now, if I go w/o eating to the point of my stomach growling I get totally sick. Anyone else like that?? Otherwise, I get nauseous on days I have to work in the morning (retail) and am moving around a lot.

22. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

Ladies have any of you experienced sharp shooting pains below your abdomen? It just started happening all of a sudden and I'm kind of freaking out...it's very different from the cramping I was getting in the very beginning

23. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

April Due Dates

4/1 - hazeleyes
    4/2 - gilmoregirl
    4/5 - luckypenny
    4/6 - dandelion
    4/7 - lovelyplum, cmbknyc, mrsspadusa
    4/10 - jill_a55
    4/13 - megz06, chibee
    4/14 - supernovaj
    4/18 - nana87
    4/20 - THOU

24. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@jill_a55: updated!
    @cmbknyc: yes! Sometimes when I stand up too quickly or reach up too high!

25. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@luckypenny: I got up quickly and that's when it started! Does it stop immediately for you? It's been pretty consistent for like 10min.

26. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@cmbknyc: Just like @luckypenny I get sharp shooting pains when I reach over quickly or stretch too much / too quickly. Probably something to do with an expanding uterus. Don't worry

27. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@SupernovaJ: @luckypenny: thanks for putting up with my panic mode!!! Feeling a little better every feeling is so new and strange!

28. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@cmbknyc: it may last for a few minutes but I haven't had it for 10. I'm sure it's fine though

29. T.H.O.U.

Just curious, as of today or this week, what week/day are you?

I am currently a measly 4w 1d

30. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

6w 2d I think! Do I count from conception or first day of last period

Eta: just downloaded the bump app and it says I'm 6w 4 d

31. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Hi loves!

I am back from the wedding, and it was lovely Totally sick the entire time, and my parents totally figures me out, but it was wonderful nonetheless.

I'll catch up with the thread tomorrow, but I wanted to update: I had my ultrasound this afternoon, and we saw a baby plum I'm measuring at 6+1: so actually a day ahead of what I thought. She had a somewhat hard time measuring the heartbeat accurately, but she got a reading at 104. It is so early, though, that the tech was pretty sure it was actually higher. Doctor was happy with the measurements, so only smiles here. I go back next week for my first appointment.

We are so excited. I can't belive it is real. Thanks for all your support

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@cmbknyc: yes, I have had it. It is scary. If you are worried, don't hesitate to call the doctor and ask. Mine was persistent enough that they sent me to the ER to be checked,but all was thankfully OK. I don't tell you that to freak you out, only to say that there os no shame in asking, if you're worried. Hope you feel better soon

@Dandelion: is your appointment tomorrow? Good luck!

33. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@LovelyPlum: thanks so much for the reassurance - it's very scary and I'm still feeling it on and off. I'm so glad you were ok! If I wake up feeling the same I'll definitely call my OB.

So sorry you felt sick the entire time but how exciting that you got to see baby plum!!!! Yay!!!!

34. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

According to my LMP and apps I am 6w1d we'll see on the 26th if that's accurate!

35. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@jill_a55: yes! I try to eat when I start feeling cruddy, tho I feel worse again if I over-eat too.

@LovelyPlum: !!! So glad your appointment went so well!

I'm 4 w 4 d according to lmp

I'm having lunch w my dissertation adviser today, keep your fingers crossed for me that she doesn't notice my gagging!

36. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

My appointment is finally tomorrow! I feel like I've waiting eons for this appointment! lol

I didn't POAS after my bfp, so I'm feeling like I need them to tell me it's not in my head and it's all real, lol. I FEEL like I'm pregnant, but it's nice to have that confirmation!

37. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

I'm 5w1d currently. Adjusted from my LMP because I ovulated a few days later.
    I'm at the airport now on my way to Aruba for a destination wedding. I'm so excited but so tired and my stomach is a bit upset.

ETA and I feel my boobs growing and they feel heavy and sore. Woo!

@lovelyplum: Yay heartbeat!! So surreal huh?

38. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@SupernovaJ: have fun in Aruba!!! It's raining where I am so I'm jealous hope you feel better and can enjoy!

39. littleveesmommy

persimmon / 1472 posts

*waves* Hi ladies! Looks like I'm joining you gals on this journey. EDD 4/24

40. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Today I am 5w 2d! I want to be farther along

@LovelyPlum: so glad your appointment went well - you make me excited for mine!

@littleveesmommy: Welcome!!!!

@SupernovaJ: SO jealous you're going to Aruba! have fun!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee